Bugs with every patch - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bugs with every patch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mikkael

Mikkael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

I'm trying to play DS with my girl, but EVERY SINGLE PATCH OR MAINTENANCE, litteraly every single one, installs with a different bug, from pink screens/models to the game just crashing whenever I open. I can only play with her a few times a week and everytime the only solution is to reinstall, wich usually leads to us playing some other game because we don't have time for that. Come on man, I first played this game back in THQ and I never had this kind of issue before.

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

Then check you internet connection or if your HD might be full. Also your Antivirus solution or Firewall could cause these problems.

I have not a single problem everytime I patch. But the most common reason for that is a weak internet connection (for example due to a weak wifi signal) or lack of HD space.

#3 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:08 PM

so far ive experienced those "bugs" when the patching somehow got interrupted by a short loss of internet connection or whatever, make sure you patch the game completly without any issues and it shouldnt happen

#4 7188161228211845207

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

I'm trying to play DS with my girl, but EVERY SINGLE PATCH OR MAINTENANCE, litteraly every single one, installs with a different bug, from pink screens/models to the game just crashing whenever I open. I can only play with her a few times a week and everytime the only solution is to reinstall, wich usually leads to us playing some other game because we don't have time for that. Come on man, I first played this game back in THQ and I never had this kind of issue before.

Popcorn feel free to correct me if im wrong about this, but I believe that many instances of the game crashes (not all but many), and many instances of lag issues are caused by the game client, and I dont think that the devs can fix it or they would have done so a long time ago (these issues are not new, they have been in the game since time immemorial). As far as pink screens/models and the game crashing immediately upon start up, follow Popcorns directions and you should be fine.

I have a theory. The only thing that can really effect the graphics of the game files are 3 things that i can think of. 1: your game files keep getting corrupted for some reason. 2: your GPU (graphics card) drivers may not be up to date or are corrupted/damaged and not working properly (this only applies if you have a dedicated graphics card). 3: your dedicated graphics card itself is not working properly for some reason.

Now, from what I can tell the most likely situation is instance 1, the game files are being damaged or corrupted for some reason. If this is the case, I can think of a couple of things that could cause this issue, they are:  you have a virus or other malicious software installed on your computer that is damaging your files, the games patches are either not being dome completely or not applying properly. and 3 your hard drive might be acting goofy.  therefor I recommend running a antivirus scan to look for malicious software. If the scan comes up negative, then run diagnostics on your hard drive to look for errors. There is a nice guild on google for how to do that. if there are a lot of errors it could be a sign that your current hard drive is dying (this is a common problem for HDDs they dont last forever, i once went through 2 HDDs in a year, they do die eventually). If there are no errors, then update you graphics driver to the latest driver if you have a dedicated graphics card. if you still get the same problems then try running diagnostics on your graphics card if you have one. If none of those things work, then post again. If its an issue with the patches not being applied properly to the game files i am the wrooooooong guy to ask about that. popcorn would be way more help than i would be on that front.

Sorry if this post was a bit long, i usually dont do much tech support.

Edited by 7188161228211845207, 11 December 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

Your game are corrupted - right - because of a patching problem on your end like I said, because the HD was full while patching or the internet connection interrupted by any reason. I won't discuss this with anyone further because the reasons I told you are the reasons that is causing it.

If you have any problems with extreme lagging you should check your PC and/or your internet connection. 

Since I already gave the answer to the initial problem and I won't discuss that  further with someone who (call me arrogant now) hasn't 25+ years of experience in programming and computers like me I lock this topic now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users