Guild Loyalty/Betrayal System. (Ideas for a potential guild update?) - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Guild Loyalty/Betrayal System. (Ideas for a potential guild update?)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#1 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:The One With A Dragon On

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

Hey everyone! So me and some friends have been thinking of a new way for guilds to become even better and more fun gameplay wise as well. In addition with the new lvl 6 as a guilds highest level I found that it would only be fitting to further improve on that. This suggestion for a loyalty and betrayal system might also help with Emporia War’s situation as I will talk about more later.

Loyalty system: A system made for rewarding players that stay in a guild for a longer period of time. Rewards scale with level of the guild as well as how many days you’ve been in the guild up til a month in total. My idea for this reward will have to be a potion that can be acquired once a day and lasts 2 hours throughout all scaling things that I will list. One potion will be for exp which can make leveling during the weekdays more viable as well as boosting the leveling just a bit during the weekend as well while still not making double exp potions totally useless. Another potion will be for PvE, boosting essentially all PvE stats necessary by a scaling amount as well as a new and interesting stat that I’m hoping can be added into the game and also keep players from leaving the guild as it makes for a fun trying experience. (The EXP potion doesn’t work with double exp potion so leveling won’t be too easy, much like the 40% bonus potion for 2 hours in the vending machine makes double exp potion unusable and vice versa.)

Both of these potions can be used at once but requires 2 days at least to get one of each since you can only choose one per day. All the potions are Soulbound, and Untradable and can be picked up at the Guild Manager NPC as a daily quest with a choosable reward.

Spoiler List of stats gained from the potions

Now for the betrayal system: In light of recent events regarding Emporia wars, we’d like to suggest this idea as a way to provide a slight solution to the problem, although not flawless.

To start off there have been many people over the years jumping from guild to guild just days before Emporia War so they can help the guild to getting a 2 star ranking on the tournament. This is almost no different from being able to become a mercenary fighting alongside another guild for the fight that is currently ongoing if the guild has opened it. Many people look at this as a way to have fun or help out but it seems to cause more problems than it solves since Emporia War is supposed to be a war against two guilds and not many guilds against one. Mercenaries have both upsides and downsides but it’s majorly seen in a bad light because of the fact that it provides more unbalance or unfairness to the fight that is happening but in rare cases it can also provide more balance and fairness due to the lack of people in new guilds wanting to participate.

If we are trying to look at the stated problem I believe that the negatives outweigh the positives and therefore it would only make sense if people that have no guild at the time can participate but people who are already in one shouldn’t be able to do so. Maybe I am being a bit too biased here so I’m sorry if anyone disagrees, be sure to tell me another solution if you might have one.

I think that if we are to provide a solution to this problem it would be to make guilds more loyalty based as it’s giving you rewards for doing so but at the same time having a betrayal system if you don’t depending on how long you’ve been in the guild.

There is an achievement made for betraying guilds 10 times so there is a way to count how many times you’ve left a guild in the game. After twice that amount of betrayals I think that these effects I’m about to mention should take place, otherwise the same 48 hour ban should be applied since that person is not a betrayer or guild hopper by nature since they might just be trying to get the achievement or gets kicked a lot from ill-mannered GM’s.

Spoiler List of my suggested punishments

On a side note before I conclude my post I would like to also suggest that the experience amount gained from guild quests should be buffed as it takes a really long time to level up a guild and even if it’s just by a little bit it should help out new guilds planning to make a bigger guild.

Thanks for reading this really long post about me and some friends thoughts on a way to improve both the guild experience and Emporia War experience for more people playing the game. Feel free to give constructive feedback or criticism if you have any but also give a reasoning as to why you feel that way because it would help out a lot instead of just writing what you hate or like about this idea. As always, have fun and enjoy the game!

Regards,

Yuumikitsu

Edit: As we further discussed in this topic we have come up with new alternatives for a loyalty system and the betrayal system has been talked about a lot and could potentially be solved by a change of the Emporia War system instead. I editted the topic as to avoid it being locked if it was too far off-topic as I personally think this kind of discussion is what could become the potential idea for a new update that would benefit a guild members connection to one another by adding things to work togheter on that would also help out the guild.

Edited by Yuumikitsu, 19 December 2017 - 11:18 AM.

#2 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:55 AM

I disagree with everything.

1. Rewards for staying in a guild; I disagree that this is needed or that it would make for a better guild experience. A person shouldn't feel the need to stay in a guild they don't particularly enjoy being in just because of these, or any, rewards. They should ONLY want to stay because they like being in said guild.

2. Emporia mercenary restricted to guildless people; Emporia is already restricted to 10 guilds at a time, 8 participating in the tournament and 2 holding stars. This kind of a system would limit the number of guilds a person can be in if they wanted to join emporia every once in a while. Furthermore I don't see the harm in mercenaries, when a guild allows them to join they take a huge risk as they'll have very limited control over who joins as a mercenary. The way I see it if you can't beat a guild who opened mercenaries, you probably didn't deserve to win in the first place. Your view seems very biased as you do point out yourself. Mine is biased too, I'm from a guild that doesn't generally participate in Emporia and I want to go there to have a bit of fun every now and then because even though it has plenty of flaws, I still think it's more enjoyable than BSQ.

As for the people jumping from guild to guild, I think they just spice up the field of players doing Emporia. If there weren't people shifting around the same 3 guilds would win time and time again which has happened before. I think of it as diplomacy. But I admit this kind of practice does undoubtedly have some bad side effects too even if one is fine with people using the normal mercenary system because the guild gets to pick and choose who "mercs" for them in this case.

3. Punishments for leaving a guild. Basically same reasoning to disagree as with the rewards. A person shouldn't feel the need to stay in a guild because of some punishments they'd suffer for leaving it. Loyalty is a reward the player gives for the guild for being awesome, not because of something they get for giving it (rewards) or would get for not giving it (punishments). 

4. I don't think guild quests need to give more guild exp, getting levels needs to feel like a challenge the whole guild is a part of instead of something that you just need to get done. The current amount is just perfect for that. Lvl 6 is very much achievable but not easy. The guild quest rewards and the ability to choose the order of guild, hunter and monster dailies were already huge buffs to guild quests.

EDIT:

But you clearly put in effort to this suggestion and thought out examples and all, kudos for that^^

Edited by Precrush, 12 December 2017 - 03:00 AM.

#3 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

In my opinion the rewards for staying in a guild are not a good thing, because this would kinda force people into guilds because the high buffs you mentioned at the end are really strong and those buffs can lead to an exchange for gear which can be changed for like more ATK or final crit if you gain more attackspeed or movementspeed from the buff, so people without a guild or a lower level guild are in a disadvantage just by that. Also if some troubles in the guild appear and you want to leave you wanna think twice about it since you would lose a huge buff if you are long in a lvl 6 guild

#4 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:49 AM

Thanks for all the responses and I agree that those are very real downsides of this suggestion. Maybe there could be a better way to implement such a system as I mentioned before. My example numbers might be too overpowered or unfair for lower leveled guilds and they can be fixed as I said since I was just giving my example or the basis in this idea. One of my goals with this idea is that people will look forward to working for getting a guild to level 6 since right now the only requirement for joining Emporia for example is to have a guild level 2.

A change of gear has happened many times before in addition to new IM gears so personally I don't see too much of an issue with this as it's only for making PvE boosted for 2 hours be it leveling or farming.

The thing Precrush mentioned about the guild being in an arguement for example and making you wanna leave really is a problem and maybe there could be further thinking about a solution to this problem if a guild reward system were to appear. And on the punishment point I said that it was for if you have left guilds 20 times before, otherwise it would be the same as usual. Maybe there could be a reset time after each year or something since I doubt you'll have to leave a guild 20+ times a year unless you guild hop a lot.

My very biased point about mercenaries is that I dislike having them there since you can limit it to some classes it minimizes the risk of using it and I just don't think it fits in a guild vs guild combat format. I agree that it's better than BSQ in my opinion as well. My personal experience with mercenaries is that the opposing team gets mad at people for using it then when they do it themselves they try to justify it by arguements such as "You used mercenaries as well". It spreads negativity and I feel like it's a very uneeded negativity since it can be prevented by making a fix for it. Also maybe making other classes more viable such as warriors in Emporia instead of Mages, thieves, summoners and archers only being used in every single emporia war. Maybe even making you unable to ban out classes from joining as a mercenary would make it a bit more fair since the risk should be higher when opening mercenaries.

As for guilds that don't go Emporia you could argue that your point about other guilds not deserving a win just because you couldn't handle the opposing teams mercenaries, I could say that if your guild doesn't go Emporia then you don't deserve to participate, but clearly no one thinks that way. I think everyone deserves to go Emporia War but in my opinion mercenaries are not the way to tackle this problem as it causes negativity that I previously stated.

On a final note maybe the buffs on the potions could be fixed with as to make it more rewarding for the lower level guilds as well but I think that a system that rewards higher leveled guilds more is not a bad idea since it takes a decent amount of time to level a guild to that point. The potions could be saved as well if you don't farm every single day so it could be possible to leave a guild and join another one then have enough potions to satisfy for the 31 days and onwards. Especially if it's a guild you've been in a long time that you left because of an arguement that started. Guild exp might not need a change as it was only a side note that I added to see how others would like that idea as well.

Regards,
Yuumikitsu

Feel free to send more replies as I'm more than happy to read through them.

#5 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

I don't really mind the loyalty or betrayal system, since I have been in only one guild for my entire life :P

However, I completely agree with the mercenary proposal. It isn't fair for the competing guilds who want to stick and fight together. I understand that it is intended for guilds that are small and don't have many players but I think it is unfair that guilds can just open mercenaries and have like 20 people from one guild to help them while the competing guild has like 8 people. If the mercenaries from one specific guild wants to fight in empo, they should enter with their own guild. The actual guild members aren't even doing anything and those 20people just win the fight for them. How fair... Then it shouldn't be called guild wars, since it just turns to another version of battlesquare with random people.

#6 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:50 AM

If the mercenaries from one specific guild wants to fight in empo, they should enter with their own guild. The actual guild members aren't even doing anything and those 20people just win the fight for them. How fair... Then it shouldn't be called guild wars, since it just turns to another version of battlesquare with random people.

Exactly, this is a very big issue in my opinion since it doesn't make the game more fun in the slightest, quite the opposite for most people and it just ruins the gamemode that is Emporia War in my opinion.

#7 Stophy

Stophy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

My very biased point about mercenaries is that I dislike having them there since you can limit it to some classes it minimizes the risk of using it and I just don't think it fits in a guild vs guild combat format. I agree that it's better than BSQ in my opinion as well. My personal experience with mercenaries is that the opposing team gets mad at people for using it then when they do it themselves they try to justify it by arguements such as "You used mercenaries as well". It spreads negativity and I feel like it's a very uneeded negativity since it can be prevented by making a fix for it. Also maybe making other classes more viable such as warriors in Emporia instead of Mages, thieves, summoners and archers only being used in every single emporia war. Maybe even making you unable to ban out classes from joining as a mercenary would make it a bit more fair since the risk should be higher when opening mercenaries.

Maybe this problem could be weakened if it gets changed into: when a guild opens mercenaries they only can open for all classes instead of choosing which classes can enter.

#8 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:18 AM

Maybe this problem could be weakened if it gets changed into: when a guild opens mercenaries they only can open for all classes instead of choosing which classes can enter.

That's what I said with "Maybe even making you unable to ban out classes from joining as a mercenary would make it a bit more fair since the risk should be higher when opening mercenaries." But I agree with what you're saying. It should be hotfixed or get a rework

#9 Stophy

Stophy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

Oh yeah i think i overread it haha! But i agree with that.

I think that will not be changed yet, because Popcorn told in another post that the emporia war system will not be touched first. Its not the real emporia system so there' s a chance. Maybe we can test that @Popcorn?  :p_idea:

#10 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

Oh yeah i think i overread it haha! But i agree with that.

I think that will not be changed yet, because Popcorn told in another post that the emporia war system will not be touched first. Its not the real emporia system so there' s a chance. Maybe we can test that @Popcorn?  :p_idea:

Yea technically it's the part of the guilds settings so if the "Emporia world" is unreachable then maybe this could at least be. I even experienced negativity right away after today's Emporia war as people took honor for things they didn't do, started calling people names and overall just spreading a really really negative atmosphere which honestly disgust me. After finishing an Emporia War whether you win or not, you shouldn't be greeted with "You guys suck", "You only won because of that thing", "Hahaha! You guys can't win without these guys by your side", "Stop being so salty and accept that you suck". It's things like these that honestly makes me reconsider quitting the game because my guild is almost the only place where I can find a community where I can talk in because otherwise you'll just get trampled by the rage of others. And the only reason for this is: Mercenaries. If Mercenaries didn't exist, I am almost certain that at least 80% of all the negativity that gets caused after a fight in Emporia will not remain. The other 20% is probably if the other guild is relogging to refresh quests or abusing different Emporia items to get an unfair advantage.

This behaivor from the small community that rises up after an Emporia war is finished is truly disgusting and you can't fight back cause they'll use everything you say against them to fed up their egos even more and pushing you down even further. It's cyberbullying and I'm usually not that affected by these things but it honestly feels like if you don't win in Emporia you'll just get the hatred of 20 random players thrown at you and comments that makes you feel like -_-.

#11 Stophy

Stophy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

Didn't thougt about that. Yeah if mercenaries wouldn't exist, emporia wars would be fairer and some people (or groups of people) who join every week as mercenaries could not influence the whole emporia war.

#12 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

Basically whole point in ew is to

1. Get Castle

2. Raise your guild ranking

This whole system is flawed to cause negativity, no amount of balancing will fix freedom of speech aka anyone can spew any bs to stir up drama with elaborate excuses.

Guild ranking is flawed, most players who want a low level guild to be visible with the intention of advertising isn't doing it for that purpose. Only higher leveled guilds with decent amount of players are fitting for a raise in guild ranking, so they must ew.

Everyone in the guild benefits from Castle, that can be renovated to a pve aspect where every guild can benefit if they meet the certain requirements of whatever it is.

I bet if you switch this whole ew(pvp) system into a pve system, everyone in this topic would flip a table. They want to show their dominance to state that their guild or themselves are better than any other guild and players.

Rarely any major pve issues are involved because it's the safest, most problems originate from players clashing their beliefs on what is right and what is wrong and throwing out accusations based on pvp.

Such an elaborate plan in attempt to fix mercenaries won't fix anything, it may dampen it, but with the time spent on doing that could have been used to completely renovate the EW system if that is or was the plan by popcorn.

#13 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:10 PM

It seems to me the mercenary system is working if 1. Weaker guilds are able to beat big and more organized guild 2. Community relationship with player works by mercenary system affiliation

if you are worried about negativity do not bring in the mercenary or other players or guild you fight against. Also, negativity is stems from any player or any event whether it is ew or bsq or pvp or what. I see enough video on youtube that mock or harrass other player enough, like turpin (not player name this is youtube channel) This is negativity also. Your argument is invalid here.

Your true fight is against rng of guild mission. Big or small guild can compete just fine but rng of missions is the issue.

Also mercenary system is also bad when you jave naked u gear feeder in ew hiding in the corner like I saw today. your complaints are just seeming rants to me. Sorry for the harshness.

#14 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

The 3 points said by testg are all facts, aside from the last reason being abusive via feeding, this was the intention of mercenaries, everything else is just opinions and salt. +1@test

#15 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

Basically whole point in ew is to

1. Get Castle

2. Raise your guild ranking

This whole system is flawed to cause negativity, no amount of balancing will fix freedom of speech aka anyone can spew any bs to stir up drama with elaborate excuses.

Guild ranking is flawed, most players who want a low level guild to be visible with the intention of advertising isn't doing it for that purpose. Only higher leveled guilds with decent amount of players are fitting for a raise in guild ranking, so they must ew.

Everyone in the guild benefits from Castle, that can be renovated to a pve aspect where every guild can benefit if they meet the certain requirements of whatever it is.

I bet if you switch this whole ew(pvp) system into a pve system, everyone in this topic would flip a table. They want to show their dominance to state that their guild or themselves are better than any other guild and players.

Rarely any major pve issues are involved because it's the safest, most problems originate from players clashing their beliefs on what is right and what is wrong and throwing out accusations based on pvp.

Such an elaborate plan in attempt to fix mercenaries won't fix anything, it may dampen it, but with the time spent on doing that could have been used to completely renovate the EW system if that is or was the plan by popcorn.

I agree with most things but I would like to point out that not all guilds go into Emporia War to show their superiority over others and if they were, then why would they bring other guilds to support them in their fight to prove "dominance". I agree that the whole system in my opinion is flawed and even if it switched to a PvE based system I probably wouldn't have been too mad about it but I guess others would. Emporia war is like a better BSQ but what I don't get is that if people are so obsessed with showing dominance or getting a castle then why bring others to fight for you? From what I've heard Popcorn previously stated that he can't get access to the Emporia War "world" and feel free to tell me if I'm wrong. But if the Emporia world is unreachable then does it exclude the Mercenary tab in the guild settings, cause even if it would only dampen it. It's helping out for a greater cause towards making Emporia a less toxic environment.

I understand that people like to thrown bad comments at others or prove how they are better than everyone else but I still don't see why that would give others the rights to trashtalk a guild for trying. I'm not a perfect player myself and I slip out a few rants here and there. But that's cause I don't wanna become a punshing bag cause it feels mentally bad not just for me but for others. If you don't raise against the hate at least a little bit it's gonna evolve and become more overwhelming because everyone is gonna think: "Ohh, they are not responding which means that this statement about them hacking is true" then it just spreads like a wildfire.

I still think that if Mercenaries got taken away it would at least show positive effects in the end and it's a step towards making Emporia or Guilds that go Empora in general a better place to be in. There's also abusing being made by avoiding getting a star that week and keep going Mercenaries over and over again every single week.

#16 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

Your true fight is against rng of guild mission. Big or small guild can compete just fine but rng of missions is the issue.

Agito did a good job responding to this comment already but I'd like to point out this in particular. The thing is that even if it's a fight against rng of guild missions. The odds are being stacked against you very much when mercenaries come from left and right. Also most of the mercenaries are not a f k ers or feeders since you can change requirements to match about what you allow to enter you guild during the Emporia War, which usually results in more people with good gear joining and outnumbering the other guild.

Edited by Yuumikitsu, 16 December 2017 - 04:25 PM.

#17 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

They as in powerhouses that do not like the idea of mercenary. Players do want to win EW, but with big guilds using a few strategies such as yours, it's is near impossible to win an EW as a casual player without the help from others. Guilds that already have good players and strategy do not need mercenaries, it is actually risky like testg stated. However, for smaller guilds it is a necessity and apparently some bigger guilds apparently do not like the idea of losing to smaller guilds because they got help.

Edited by Agitodesu, 16 December 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#18 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

That's an odd opinion regarding EW>BSQ, most player's prefer a map where you can't heal teammates, can't use HP% potions, can't jump islands, chance to counter attack, and isn't RNG based, in other words BSQ, from a neutral standpoint at the very least most pvp changes were made with group bsq in mind, due to sheer popularity of that mode (despite it's shortcomings).
The mercenary system is a double edged sword, but guilds that do have it on can change there class restriction's, which can prevent certain feeder's of different class. then again feeder bans have always been severe since they can tie the IP/Mac Address of the feeder to the main accounts.

Edited by Apocryphos, 16 December 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#19 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

They as in powerhouses that do not like the idea of mercenary. Players do want to win EW, but with big guilds using a few strategies such as yours, it's is near impossible to win an EW as a casual player without the help from others. Guilds that are already have good players and strategy do not need mercenaries, it is actually risky like testg stated. However, for smaller guilds it is a necessity and apparently some bigger guilds apparently do not like the idea of losing to smaller guilds because they got help.

I get where you are coming from in that smaller guilds require help to stand a chance and it's selfish of me to say that mercenaries should be taken away due to the downsides outweighing the upsides. The reason why at least the people I know doesn't like losing against smaller guilds is because afterwards people try to ridicule the other guild for losing against one, which in turns makes it almost into a situation where if you don't win you'll get attacked. I know you can just go away or don't mind it but as I said it spreads quickly and gives the guild a negative atmosphere on the outside which can be pretty sad to hear about if you're just minding your own business. I understand that issues will still remain even if mercenaries are taken away and my opinions might just be selfish rant to others who read it. But bigger guilds also use this system to get a bigger advantage since when they limit it to 70+ and only mages and summoners. They filter out a big percent of the potential feeders that are online and willing to go into Emporia during that time.

The issue I feel like could be taken for granted as an exploit or abusive action is that people help a certain guild with Emporia through merc and then they can go the next week again without receiving any punishment that someone from the guild that won would initially get.

#20 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

That's an odd opinion regarding EW>BSQ, most player's prefer a map where you can't heal teammates, can't use HP% potions, can't jump islands, chance to counter attack, and isn't RNG based, in other words BSQ, from a neutral standpoint at the very least most pvp changes were made with group bsq in mind, due to sheer popularity of that mode (despite it's shortcomings).
The mercenary system is a double edged sword, but guilds that do have it on can change there class restriction's, which can prevent certain feeder's of different class. then again feeder bans have always been severe since they can tie the IP/Mac Address of the feeder to the main accounts.

My opinion regarding EW>BSQ is mostly biased because the people I have been playing with usually prefers Emporia war because it's a refreshing experience sometimes and speaking from my own guild it brings us together in discord where we talk, listen to music and many other things. And if there's such a severe punishment for feeding then why is it an arguement towards mercenaries being fair when there's nothing wrong with 10 people from another guild that's maxed geared coming in and outnumbering the other guild making the odds due to rng stacked very much against the other guild.

#21 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:41 PM

For things like negativity you can report players at least, but the best would be to stop the negativity in general. Which is highly unlikely due to any competitive scene in generally every game has negative behavior, trolls, etc.

Best thing to do is to enhance consequences of negative behavior in chat in order to lower and prevent players from spreading negative information.

#22 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

I'd also like to add a note that if anyone would like to share their opinions about the Loyalty/Betrayal system ideas that I came up with together with some others it would be very much appreciated as I believe that at least something in that style could be a fun thing to add in the game. But as always it's just my opinion and I would like to hear yours.

#23 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:05 PM

For things like negativity you can report players at least, but the best would be to stop the negativity in general. Which is highly unlikely due to any competitive scene in generally every game has negative behavior, trolls, etc.

Best thing to do is to enhance consequences of negative behavior in chat in order to lower and prevent players from spreading negative information.

I believe that this could also help a lot with the issue of negative information being spread. I would have reported more people if it wasn't for the fact that there's no quick way to report them, you have to submit a ticket and wait 1-3 days to get a reply which doesn't really do much since by then it probably doesn't matter as much as it did when the negativity started. If there was an easier and more punishing way to report negativity caused by other players it would be a big step towards making it less "freightening" to lose in Emporia War for example but also make it a lot better for personal problems with people harassing or spreading negativity. 

#24 VioletCat

VioletCat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

I won't comment much on the idea itself since my opinion would be biased as well. In short, I do think there should be some way of encouraging people to be more loyal to their guilds but I'm not sure that's a priority in the developing of the game right now since not everyone has a guild or leaves their guild often and it doesn't affect every single player's experience. I personally would be happy with some change.

About EW which might be getting a bit off topic: if players want to win EW, why don't they work on getting stronger together with their guild? In guild battles the guild with best strategy, best gear and best teamwork is supposed to win, in my opinion. The amount of players should also matter because guild members don't appear out of thin air, some effort needs to be put in making a guild bigger. Of course getting to the point where Emporia is that way seems pretty hard because of the whole idea of how it works right now. Maybe if one day we were to have enough other PvP game modes people would be okay with it being a guild war. But I suppose it'll stay the way it is because it has more people being able to take part if mercenary option exists and if switching guild is that easy.

I'll explain what I don't like about it being the current way. I'll speak from experience just to share what I personally feel, it doesn't have to be right or anything. There are those guilds who come together, try to get stronger and improve their gear and skills at playing the game. There aren't a lot of guild-related things to achieve in the game so Emporia war turns into a kind of a way for some people interested in PvP (not all of them even care about this game mode, of course) to try out what they've achieved. Those guilds do win sometimes, but often there are frustrating events that discourage them. And those events have to do with the Emporia war system. Personally I've gotten used to the RNG missions, island hopping and everything, that's just the current state it is in that apparently won't be changed for a while longer. However what upsets me is that it's... not a guild fight. People entering Emporia with a guild just to get higher in guild ranking/to take a slot from the already few ones available for participants, without even showing up; those guilds that have only one person taking part which results in a long but uneven fight that's probably boring for both sides most of the time; no limits to entering the war which means even a member who just joined a minute ago can go and fight; then we have mercenaries on top of that mess and they decide the outcome of the particular fight half of the time. Maybe that's how the majority of the community accepts it. But I don't like it myself so that's why I'd like even some small changes to lessen the problems. 

A member of what's considered kind of a big guild here, I think. And also a guild that goes EW often. So that's my point of view, perhaps it won't seem justified to people who play the game differently. Thank you for reading anyway!

#25 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:38 PM

My opinion regarding EW>BSQ is mostly biased because the people I have been playing with usually prefers Emporia war because it's a refreshing experience sometimes and speaking from my own guild it brings us together in discord where we talk, listen to music and many other things. And if there's such a severe punishment for feeding then why is it an arguement towards mercenaries being fair when there's nothing wrong with 10 people from another guild that's maxed geared coming in and outnumbering the other guild making the odds due to rng stacked very much against the other guild.

There is nothing wrong with 10 people max gear going into EW as merc it is not against the rule. A better saying is:

Can I suggest a limit on the amount of merc a guild can have to ds staff?

Can we exempt people in other guild applying to go in as a mercenary even if their guild is not apply for EW?

This would be better to say and really would solve some issue. But as far as mercing system beinn disable I think this is make sense because 1 only strong guilds can compete leavin new players to just apply for strong guilld and most likely rejected, also it is difficult to start up a new guild from scratch if you are new and build it up just to compete. 2. It is unfair for people who dont have a guild and want to EW to practice or participate or what like me. So my suggestion above is fair at least.

Also, feeding refers to the naked and low gear character in EW who happens to run into the enemy to die instantly or who hides in the corner and waits for the enemy to kill them. This is a feeder and i have seen this in the most recent ew just to clarify.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users