Adjust Ratio of Ores and Dust in Dungeons. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Adjust Ratio of Ores and Dust in Dungeons.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

So when Runes were implemented a year ago it seems there hasn't been any balance or update regarding them or the materials needed to upgrade them except for the addition of empowerment shards in dungeons and charged empowerment shards in the item mall. This post isn't about runes themselves however, but for their respective refine materials.

The issue I am bringing up is the ratio of Paradigmatic Ores to Paradigmatic Dust.

Dungeon Daily Quests:

Love them or hate them, they've become part of a never ending routine when you log into Rose. Every day you have the option to complete up to 13 daily dungeon quests per character. Each of these quests consistently reward you with 10 Ores and 4 Dust, or 15 Ores and 6 Dust if your account is Premium. If you are an active player and are trying to upgrade runes, you likely have premium on your account. At this rate you will earn a ratio of 5 Ores for every 2 dust. 

Now, it's true you can receive Ores and Dust from defeating dungeon bosses, however this is not guaranteed and while the amount of ores is potentially higher than the amount of dust (you can get in the 30's or ores, while only getting around 5 dust). The odds of you defeating a boss and getting some ores as the reward is... maybe 20-25%. So because of this, most of the ores you are earning are through the dungeon daily quests rather than defeating bosses.

This leads to a problem: You earn more dust than you can ever spend simply because you can't acquire enough ores to refine with them.

In case anyone is interested, I recommend checking out my Rune Refining Statistics Spreadsheet. The ratio between ores and dust may vary slightly depending on if using shards or there is a 5% bonus event, however they ratio needed is roughly around 10 ores per 1 dust. The ratio you earn from doing quests is 5 ores per 2 dust, which equates to 10 ores per 4 dust.

Short and sweet, you get about 4 times as much dust as you can actually use. 

Ask any player who has refined valor runes.... I guarantee all of them have extra dust.

The proposal is not to decrease the amount of dust rewarded but actually increase the amount of ores. Either increase the amount gained per quest, or have bosses guarantee to reward ores for killing (you could still get dust and empowerment shards potentially with it). Much like completing pvp games guarantees to give the player clusters at the end, the the rewards on those is another story.

Edited by Phish, 11 December 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:09 PM

Some? .... I hardly dabbled into the runes in general, and I personally dumped like 6 stacks of dust... literally had nothing to use it on, and there's no way to exchange it or convert it or anything. I wouldn't mind [obviously[ if you could get something out of it, but as it stand, it's just NPC fodder. 

+1 for the research btw~ Confirms my initial suspicions 

#3 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:02 AM

I think the best option would be to.... provide fixed ore rewards in dungeons for the boss kill and fixed cluster rewards in PvP.   (say.. 10-15?)

regardless of how active you were  (Just for participating in the game mode)
Ontop of that get those actual points for your overall performance in the match.

Just so you know, players arent guaranteed clusters or even essense when it comes to pvp game modes.

But then again... these things probely wouldnt be such of an issue if we could get some more methods of obtaining refine materials.

Other then spam dungeons 24/7 or that superboss once every two months that gives u 10 locked paradigm crates (Which by the way have crappy ratio too)

I Highly suggest this would be implemeted, possibily usefull for future updates too.

https://forums.warpp...tuff/?hl=mining

Edited by Cortiz, 12 December 2017 - 10:30 AM.

#4 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draco

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:39 AM

fixed cluster rewards in PvP.   (say.. 10-15?) regardless of how active you were  (Just for participating in the game mode)

No thanks, id prefer if PvP was still based off how well you do in fights (dmg/kills/etc)

Giving players that carry a match or perform better than others the same rewards than say a afk person is just nonsense imo. 

#5 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

You are guaranteed clusters for participating in pvp but it overall depends on how many points you earned as well. Lowering the rate of essence from pvp quests is a bad idea because that's the only reliable way to get it. The rate in which you get it for playing is low and sometimes you get none at all. Likewise you have only 3 daily pvp quests to complete (and Draconis Peaks is the only one you can do reliably and that's once every 3 days).

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:05 AM

Why not both? 
There's nothing more insulting then joining a match at entry level, to only get stomped over and over for literally no reward. 

Take Phish's statistical costs of empowering a rune, and factor in being that guy who just got into pvp. They'll get on a good match, 10-15 honor points, 1-3 clusters, and if they're lucky 1 essence. 

The amount of times you have to go in and just be a punching bag for the players who have even just a pvp set is enough to make you give up. Take into account that a pvp set, 1-2 80+ runes and a now +20 weapon and full passives? This poor new guy is going to get 2-3 [depending on the presence of DoT's]. 

So my input on this would be to give a fixed consolation for joining + staying the entire match of maybe 20 honor points, 10'ish clusters, a few essence, and then your performance can generate additional after that.

Even WoW does a consolation / participation reward, and then increases it based on performance, and if your team won or not. I see no reason why that can't / shouldn't be done as it helps ease the entry time. 

#7 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to it. Pvp in the current format is extremely unforgiving and alienating to new players for that very reason.

#8 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:27 AM

Well yea thats basicly what im talking about getting fixed Clusters regardless of how long you have been inside that match, and ontop of that get additional clusters and essence for your performance.

Sorry I forgot to correctly point that out, and confused y'all   :heh:

made a edit.

Edited by Cortiz, 12 December 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#9 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draco

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:28 PM

So my input on this would be to give a fixed consolation for joining + staying the entire match of maybe 20 honor points, 10'ish clusters, a few essence, and then your performance can generate additional after that.

Even WoW does a consolation / participation reward, and then increases it based on performance, and if your team won or not. I see no reason why that can't / shouldn't be done as it helps ease the entry time. 

this sounds reasonable, as long as you get more for actually playing good. Otherwise, why bother trying in a match

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Well the other half of the equation is that, if you don't give a reward to a certain degree for participating, you get into those situations where people see they have no chance of getting a decent score, know they're not going to get a reward, and will just relog to leave the match. 

And I'll say this with a slight nod that it's not THAT much of a difference, but having someone leave messes with your teams chance of getting a decent score/winning, MORE than it would if they just stayed, act as cannon fodder, and provide a distraction. 

But like I said, when they realize getting 2-3 shot 10-20 times in a match, will result in them literally getting nothing, no matter how hard they tried or how calm/strategic they tried to play, they will just simply leave. And if PvP was their goal to begin with, they'll more than likely just quit the game. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users