blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:47 AM

The original build came from zayaan's post here, but since he doesn't ever need do this with his 2 kiels, i've put his build to test for the rest of us peasants.

Basically, we can now easily achieve 90% aftercast delay by using Skin of Gwiber +8, and then acquire Fairy Leaf Powder's combo with EA1 and EA2 from other sources, namely our TGL for EA2 and the Temporal Dex boots for EA1. My build has 90% aftercast delay exactly using:

+9 HWHB = 14
New Wave = 10
+9 Medical Scrub = 10
TGL = 20
Skin of Gwiber = 11 (since i have 100 int)
Fairy Leaf powder= 15 (combo with boots and tgl ea1,2)
Blacksmith gloves = 10

Now, obviously my setup isn't the exact same proposed by zayaan (89% using +12 HWHB and 120int/dex). That's because i dont have a +12 hwhb lol, I've sold it some time ago. If you sport a +12 HWHB, you can go for his exact build and end up with 88~89% aftercast delay (depending on whether u have 120int), and then go for a second Fairy Leaf powder instead of blacksmith gloves for 7% more ranged damage. However, if u really want to maximise the dps-theoretically speaking, you will want 90% aftercast and not be able to get 120int because you cant get 190 aspd that way since your agi will be 60-70 maximum. Basically its up to what you like. 

I'm personally gonna be removing some of my str to up my agi a bit more so my aspd hits 190 instead of the 188 you see in my video now lol.

SHOUT OUT TO ZAYAAAN!!! (you did me a great service :3)

#2 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:06 AM

my eyes hurts so much... lol

Edited by deforte, 17 December 2017 - 05:06 AM.

#3 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:37 AM

just watch the rune knight MVP videos, its full of DB RKs. This is basically the same thing, but half the damage since no Tao.

In most situations, you wouldnt need to switch armor because you're likely to be kiting things all the way. Also, ifrit isn't a hard enemy for all sorts of DB RKs actually, especially this one with 90% cast delay. Once you get familiar with him, at most you die once or twice, but most of the time its possible to kill him without dying at all.

You just kite DB and watch carefully for him to use 2hand quicken and then quickly cast millenium shield as the castbar comes up(thats gonna be earthquake), and continue the db spam. If you miss the timing or get unlucky with only 2 shields, you die but ress quickly and continue to db spam him.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 17 December 2017 - 06:37 AM.

#4 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:49 AM

There's a better way, actually. If you do it right he'll never even cast Earthquake. I just play bad because I have access to GTB.

I'll try to make a video of it, just need one to spawn at Central Lab which should be easy with the amount of RKs I have.

#5 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:58 AM

Please do lol. I've been doing the "hard way" for a very long time xD

#6 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:10 AM

I've been running Sky Fortress instead lately so I'll just say how (and let you make a video ;))

1. Let him summon slaves

2. Wait 30 seconds before engaging him

3. Kite him perfectly and make sure to always kill the slaves immediately when they spawn

That's about it.

The idea here is to reset the cooldown of Summon Slave. Since Ifrit is one of the few MVPs that casts Summon Slave on chase (that too at 100% chance), if its cooldown is continuously reset he'll never take any other actions. This also means that you don't need a fire armor to deal with Fire Breath.

Edited by Zayaan, 17 December 2017 - 07:14 AM.

#7 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:27 AM

I don't remember clearly, but I think Dragon Breath has 0.2 second cool time.

So, 80% after cast delay cut should be enough.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:48 AM

DB has 2s delay, so 90% to bring it to 0.2s

#9 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:51 AM

Just remembered that I have the perfect video on Ifrit.

Notice he never casts Earthquake. It's the exact same deal on RK. :)

#10 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:14 AM

DB has 2s delay, so 90% to bring it to 0.2s

Sorry my bad.

#11 vanhdic

vanhdic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:18 PM

Midgard serpent hat + 10 bio protector + pipe midecal +4 +9TGl 2EAsharp2 temporal Dex wonderer exper ring fairy leaf powder so hard to complete the cast delay set no more zenny so poor

#12 koplikop

koplikop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:12 AM

The original build came from zayaan's post https://www.youtube....h?v=w3WnCaXOHiE

+9 HWHB = 14
New Wave = 10
+9 Medical Scrub = 10
TGL = 20
Skin of Gwiber = 11 (since i have 100 int)
Fairy Leaf powder= 15 (combo with boots and tgl ea1,2)
Blacksmith gloves = 10

Now, obviously my setup isn't the exact same proposed by zayaan (89% using +12 HWHB and 120int/dex). That's because i dont have a +12 hwhb lol, I've sold it some time ago. If you sport a +12 HWHB, you can go for his exact build and end up with 88~89% aftercast delay (depending on whether u have 120int), and then go for a second Fairy Leaf powder instead of blacksmith gloves for 7% more ranged damage. However, if u really want to maximise the dps-theoretically speaking, you will want 90% aftercast and not be able to get 120int because you cant get 190 aspd that way since your agi will be 60-70 maximum. Basically its up to what you like. 

How I wish I've seen this before investing for my DB RK equipment. If you don't mind could you possibly do a video with just around 70% after cast delay reduction? and 80%? I have 60% after cast delay reduction with my current set-up atm.  I would just like to see the difference between those set-ups (70% vs 80%). As much as I like to completely go with your build I've already exhausted my funds in gearing up my DB RK. Your help could guide me if I should push through with changing my set up for increased after cast delay reduction. Cheers and Thanks!

I have the following set-up for my DB RK atm:

+12 Stamina MSH
New Wave Sunglasses
+10 Undead EDA / Gsuit during party play 
+9 Tae Goo Lyeon ea3 ea4
+9 FAW EA7 (4-2-1) of Shooter 
+12 Superior Temporal Dex  Boots
2pcs Fairy Leaf Powder

Edited by koplikop, 23 December 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#13 vanhdic

vanhdic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:36 AM

I think no defference at all like mile second the skill cool donw like the soul strike skill all do

#14 koplikop

koplikop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

I managed to secure a +12 HWHB and a +9 Skin of Gwiber to further increase my cast delay reductions. Still can't find someone selling medical scrubs in Thor, apparently only a few have it and is for personal use. Current setup below:

+12 Heartwing Headband = 17%
​New Wave Sunglasses     = 10%
​+9 TGL EA4EA2               =  20%
​+9 Skin of Gwiber             =  11% (due to int 100)
Temporal Dex Boots EA1
​2 pcs Fairy Leaf Powder  =  20% (10% from EA combo; 10% from FLP base bonus)

​Total Cast Delay Reduction = 78% 

​Mainly the difference in our setup is 12% cast delay reduction, but comparing how mine spam DB, I noticed that there's quite a big difference with the variable cast time. (I'll try to post a video later) The only thing I can think of is that you use +20 Dex and Int foods and I don't (I find it too expensive and uneconomic for its duration). Of all stats I know that Dex has the highest effect on variable cast time, and Int next, but is that the only reason why mine don't cast as fast as yours? I tried the setup with my +12 Stamina MSH and with that setup, even though it has less cast delay reductions (70%) it feels smoother to play than the setup with HWHB. :(

#15 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, theres too much hype with +20 stats food. Unless you are filthy rich, dont use them as the benefit you gain aint worth the cost of these food.

#16 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

you need to restat to 125 dex and 115 int to get much better cast time, as i later did in order to cut down on food usage. The original video i had to do both int and dex foods for the optimal cast, now just either dex or int is good enough to hit that spam cast.

But anyway, with a lot of test, the truth is that DB RK isn’t able to hit anything above 3 db per sec no matter how hard i try, up to 191aspd, db dance etc. That’s basically the limit due to the arm swing animation, which can only be bypassed by having a bit of cast time to override (which results in no more than 3 db even then). If you had full no cast, the arm swing is even worse lol, you would have less than 2 db a second if you don’t db dance.

The only way i know that you can get to that 5 db a sec is by doing sprite edit or no delay, both of which are illegal. This means that if you hit optimal cast time, you don’t even need more than 85% ACD in the end if you’re not cheating.

#17 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:14 PM

you need to restat to 125 dex and 115 int to get much better cast time, as i later did in order to cut down on food usage. The original video i had to do both int and dex foods for the optimal cast, now just either dex or int is good enough to hit that spam cast.

But anyway, with a lot of test, the truth is that DB RK isn’t able to hit anything above 3 db per sec no matter how hard i try, up to 191aspd, db dance etc. That’s basically the limit due to the arm swing animation, which can only be bypassed by having a bit of cast time to override (which results in no more than 3 db even then). If you had full no cast, the arm swing is even worse lol, you would have less than 2 db a second if you don’t db dance.

The only way i know that you can get to that 5 db a sec is by doing sprite edit or no delay, both of which are illegal. This means that if you hit optimal cast time, you don’t even need more than 85% ACD in the end if you’re not cheating.

The difference between 85 and 90 is quite apparent when dancing though. Pretty sure you can't chain (like you're doing in the video) with 85 either.

Also there is another (legal) way to do 4-5 DB/sec, but your gameplay experience is going to be garbage.

#18 koplikop

koplikop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

Regardless of what I choose I still need to consume +20 Dex and Int foods in order to achieve spam cast? Errrrrrrrrrr that sucks :(

​Even though the setup with the +12 MSH has less Cast Delay reduction, it gave smoother experience because of the -10% VCT reduction bonus of the gear. I can't believe 10% VCT made a lot of difference :(
I'll just try the +12 HWHB setup with an AB slave and see if the buffs alone can cover the difference, otherwise, I am screwed.

#19 koplikop

koplikop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

If you may can you share the final stat distribution with that 125 dex 115 int build? I might consider resetting if the casting improves significantly. Also, what do you mean by ACD (I suppose After Cast Delay)? and DB Dance? I am hearing these things for the first time lol

The difference between 85 and 90 is quite apparent when dancing though. Pretty sure you can't chain (like you're doing in the video) with 85 either.

Also there is another (legal) way to do 4-5 DB/sec, but your gameplay experience is going to be garbage.

​What is DB Dancing? lol

Edited by koplikop, 02 January 2018 - 06:46 PM.

#20 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

i went

60agi
110vit
125dex
115int

db dance is just a term for animation cancel, just like B.B. dance and sonicblow dance last time. Basically you cast db and before the armswing finished you click to move to another place so the backswing is cancelled and you can cast again.

#21 naruto1989

naruto1989

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:38 AM

My final build in db rk are
Str 61
Agi 60
Vit 120
Int 100
Dex 120
Luk 1
My final build in db rk are
Str 61
Agi 60
Vit 120
Int 100
Dex 120
Luk 1

#22 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

I have literally exactly the same build as you and am very happy with it! ^

#23 koplikop

koplikop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:27 AM

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Here's the video link of the tests I've done with my setup showing 60 ACD vs 70 ACD vs 78 ACD vs 78 ACD (with +20 foods). 

Things I can do to improve my build:
1. Get a +9 Medical Scrub for another 10% ACD
2. Card FLP with Zerom
3. AB Slave for buffs
4. Shadow Gears that boos Dex
5. Reset stats according to blackCROSSCY's suggestion

Those are just things on top of my head. If ever you have any suggestions as to how I can further improve my build please do share your thoughts. Thank you!

#24 vanhdic

vanhdic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:56 PM

Use berserk enrich cel awake asir rune to asp 190 same time it's chain the db same it's dust it's depent on the ping on the net your item it's good

#25 diikhlaskan

diikhlaskan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia, Payon City

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

hmm without faw the dmg reduce so much >..<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users