njosefbeck

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

Hello!

I'm VERY new to Crusaders, and am mostly just wanting general advice on which Crusader build to go with. I'm by no means super rich, but I feel like over time I could equip the character properly. It seems like the main builds are Holy Cross, Grand Cross, and AGI Spear. I'm not really interested in WoEing on this character, so mostly PVM-oriented. I do like to party, but I suppose it'd be hard to find consistent parties for a more support-type Crusader (right?), so I feel like going more solo-oriented would be a good way to go. Definitely open to any and all suggestions from those experienced with playing Crusader on RE:START.

#2 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:54 AM

Shield crusader are non-existant. Shield boomerang does extremely crap damage. (Ask me how I know, I had to skill reset to HC)

GC crusaders are seen rarely, and most quit before hitting 99, mostly because they see how efficient HC saders are.

HC sader is the best choice IMO. You will eat through SP items/kp blue pots fast. Be able to 2 Shot mostly every monster, if not 3 shot. Solo on any map. Always feel inferior to BB knights (except you don't need asperio every few minutes from priest) Parties will still invite you to share but you won't hit the exp/hr a BB knight will.

Auto attack sader might be the cheapest choice but they're not seen on restart, same with 2HQ knights. Everyone on restart goes with skill spam/mobbing/tons of sp items.

I'd go HC if I were you mate. its best for solo. You can farm castle and geffenia like a boss and make some good zeny to supply your dream character/class with. 

#3 njosefbeck

njosefbeck

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

@Shanedude - Thanks for the response! That all sounds great.

I was thinking I'd do the following stat build for an HC sader. Thoughts?

STR: 80

AGI: 90

DEX: 40

INT: 47

VIT: 1

LUK: 1

And the following skill build: http://irowiki.org/~...kFNcA1GAakGS1cL

Also, just out of curiosity, why isn't a Shield Reflect build (I assume that's what you mean by auto attack?) seen much on this server? Is it not a viable option? Being the cheapest choice sounds nice, but maybe it's not easy to level?

Edited by njosefbeck, 18 December 2017 - 12:40 PM.

#4 Linkarus

Linkarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:42 PM

No need that much agi cause you will have spear quicken.

Int is ok if you want a larger pool of SP, but I would rather put that in VIT

Dex should be at least 50 otherwise you will miss very often

#5 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

STR isnt a huge factor in this server and doesnt need to be in multiples of 10 anymore. Some knights/saders even get away with 50-60 STR and can still 2 shot raydric/wanderer.
DEX you will want more or prepare to miss a lot.
AGI is good but you can go lower if u need the stat points. I pvmd fine with 30 agi and spear quicken+HC. But more flee helps save zeny.
INT at 1 unless you're super poor and need the regen/cant afford sp items. (if youre super poor dual client a priest for buffs+mag)
VIT 40+ because monser spells hurt and saders have good hp modifiers/stun kills lol.
LUK a tiny bit doesnt hurt because it helps ATK rate and more

The way the server mechanics work stats are better spread out then lumped into specific one's. No more stats past 90 really unless youre a knight and want 99 vit. 2H spear double HC dmg and leaves shield irrelevant for pvm, the faster you kill the less you get hit.

I dont know much about reflect saders and have never seen one on this server. Maybe its the lack of shields/ reflect EQ? There is currently very little auto cast equip. Sac saders are seen in WoE but i dont know much about them either to comment.

A BB knight+priest duo is currently the best combo for grinding/farming. But you can get similar results solo with an HC sader solo and no need to dual client. 

#6 njosefbeck

njosefbeck

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for the advice you two!

I've adjusted my build accordingly. Does the below look better? Also, it seems like I have 3 extra skill points in my skill build (linked above). What would it be good to sink those in? Also, is it worth it to get Peco Mastery 5 or is it not actually necessary? (Wasn't sure if ASPD mattered with HC.) Would free up some skill points if I didn't get it. It's unfortunate that I can't really take advantage of any of the fun crusader party skills, but guess my focus will be more on solo PVM anyway.

STR: 70

AGI: 85

DEX: 50

INT: 1

VIT: 52

LUK: 21

Thoughts now?

#7 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

Stats look good! You can always reset 5 pts per week on restart if your EQ changes or you want to adjust.

For pvm you need peco5. spear quicken 10, and holy cross 10. You also dont need 1h sword mastery and can get magnum break 10/ sword mastery 7/endure10. Magnum break I dont fully understand its mechanics here but so far it gives extra damage and hopefully extra +100 hit (hard to tell my dex is very high already)

#8 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

Holy Cross is the way to go pre-trans and with current equips available.

Fastest to get to 99 at Anubis by spamming HC, though I'd recommend going with no AGI at all, mainly STR, DEX and VIT, with some INT thrown in.

Skill wise I recommend this:

http://irowiki.org/~...kFNcA1GAakGS1fY

Holy Cross gets double damage when used while having a spear equipped, so you won't need any of the Sword Mastery skills.

If you already started your character, there is a Hypnostist NPC in Pronters that will reset your skills for free as long as you are 1st class and base 40 or below.

When second class, rush HC Lv 10 first, then either get the Peco maxed for faster movement speed or Spear Mastery.

Edited by Morlord, 18 December 2017 - 02:40 PM.

#9 Linkarus

Linkarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for the advice you two!

I've adjusted my build accordingly. Does the below look better? Also, it seems like I have 3 extra skill points in my skill build (linked above). What would it be good to sink those in? Also, is it worth it to get Peco Mastery 5 or is it not actually necessary? (Wasn't sure if ASPD mattered with HC.) Would free up some skill points if I didn't get it. It's unfortunate that I can't really take advantage of any of the fun crusader party skills, but guess my focus will be more on solo PVM anyway.

Thoughts now?

Hey dude, it is normal to have a few spare skill points. Calvary maxed is absolutely crucial cause you wanna ride a peco peco for that extra carrying capacity and HP.

Two keys for HC:
- Must two 2-handed spear, 1-handed won’t double damage.
- Bring many SP potions. I mean Many.

Edited by Linkarus, 18 December 2017 - 09:10 PM.

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

Two-handed Agi-Spear/Holy Cross Crusader is the only solid build. You'll level up very fast but you'll also drink SP as fast too.

#11 njosefbeck

njosefbeck

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:40 AM

Thanks all! It seems like some advocate for an AGI-based build, while others more VIT. When it comes to HC, which stat would be better to get higher of? I'm curious as to why Morlord says to not get AGI, while others seem to think AGI is important? So far I've gone the STR/VIT/DEX/INT route, but just turned Crusader so there's still time to alter my build if AGI is really the way to go.

If I go the VIT route, I'm thinking about:

STR: 85

VIT: 80

INT: 32

DEX: 60

LUK: 3

AGI: 1

VS. the build I posted earlier:

Which do you think would be better? If the VIT build, should it be altered in any way?

As far as skill progression goes, I've almost maxed HC now. Would it be best to focus on Peco Riding and Peco Mastery next, OR Spear Mastery & Spear Quicken? I'm assuming the spear skills would be better to focus on as they would increase the damage output done by Holy Cross. Let me know what you think!

Edited by njosefbeck, 19 December 2017 - 06:24 AM.

#12 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:38 AM

I have both a high VIT low AGI, and high AGI low VIT saders(1 99 the other is 93) and the high agi is better for pvm with crazy aspd HC spam and dodge, while the high vit can be skill reset away from 2HQ+HC and become pure shield sader pvp(you will be a walking porquipine tank)

I went HC10, then spear mastery10+quicken to 5, then started peco mastery, then finished off to quicken10. Use tons of fly wings instead of running around before you get peco. Dont buy a peco until you get it maxed at 5, the -10,20,30% aspd really hurts for some reason and makes leveling unplayable. 

Have funn farming castle and geffenia. Geffenia you can make some solid zeny if you fly wing hunt the mini boss's for biotite(5mil ea)/Muscovites(15mil ea) castle is always a solid choice and you can get in on BB knight parties to up your exp/hr.

#13 njosefbeck

njosefbeck

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for your thoughts Shane! Though I like the idea of high ASPD HC spam, it -would- be nice to be able to skill reset later and take full advantage of all the VIT I could have if I went with the VIT build. I think I'll go that route for now, and see how it goes.

So the build would be:

STR: 85

VIT: 80

INT: 32

DEX: 60

LUK: 3

AGI: 1

Any tweaks you would make to the above build?

And then the skill progression would be:

Faith 7 > Holy Cross 10 > Spear Mastery 10 > Spear Quicken 5 > Peco Peco Ride 1 > Cavalier Mastery 5 > Finish Spear Quicken (10) > Finish Faith (10) > Cure 1

Yeah my plan is to farm / level at Castle for awhile. Will also look into going to Geffenia at some point.

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

I didnt pay attention much last night. I've read your questions again and I see that you really do want to be a good Crusader which is nice. I'll try to help you even though I've not really started playing seriously on this server Odin  :heh: 

First of all, are shield and Tank builds are good? Nope, they're relatively bad compared to Agi/Crit Spear and Holy Cross builds. Only alright shield build is Rapid smiting build and it is a Paladin skill. I'll explain two solid Crusader builds below.

1) Holy Cross PvM build (For PvP, the stat is slightly different)

1.1 Final Stats:

STR: 75-90

Main source of damage

AGI: 70-90

However, during leveling, just make sure your ASPD is at least 186. Lower than this mark is inefficient.

VIT: 30-50

You'll get extra 2k HP from Faith. Also most monsters will die before they can damage you. There is no reason to tank and waste pots at all.

Leave it 1.

DEX: 40-50

Adjust accordingly if you start hit missing on monsters.

LUK: 1-30

I prefer it at 1 but if you want some extra ATK/MATK because its cheap to invest points it. Go on.

1.2 Skill tree

Max Holy cross level 10 -> Get Spear Quicken level 1-5 -> Get Peco -> Max Spear Quicken level 10.

Note: Spear Quicken level 1 and level 10 give the same ASPD. The difference are duration, Flee, and Crit bonus.

1.3 Gears

Weapon: Always use a two-handed spear because more damage and faster ASPD. Holy Cross damages are doubled when using a two-handed spear. Recommended spears: Lance, Halberd, Trident.

Weapon card: Hydra for Anubis and High Orc. Trident is the best option with two Hydra card and one Skeleton worker. However tree hydra cards is also good.

2) Agi/Cri build

2.1 Final Stats:

STR: 70-90

Main source of damage

AGI: 75-90

During leveling, your ASPD need to be at least 187.

VIT: 30-50

You'll get extra 2k HP from Faith. Also most monsters will die before they can damage you. There is no reason to tank and waste pots at all.

You'll only use Spear Quicken that actually costs SP.

Dex: 1-30

Crit bypass Flee.

Luck: 30-60

You'll use Crescent Scythe spear which gives 30% Crit rate. 30% Crit rate from your max Spear Quicken gives you a total of 60%. At least 10% Crit rate from your Luck (3 luck = 1% Crit rate). That is 70% Crit rate at least.

2.2 Skill tree

Spear Quicken level 1-5 -> Get Peco -> Max Faith -> Max Spear Quicken level 10

2.3 Gears

Weapon: Trident [3], Crescent Scythe, Crescent Scythe [1]. If you dont have Crescent Scythe yet, get Trident and three Solider Skeleton cards (27% Crit rate) 

Notes:

- Magnum break helps increasing Holy Cross damage for 10 seconds. You can also use it to push monsters out from you when there are too many.

- If you decide to use one-handed spear, do not use Guard. Guard is not a PvM skill. It in fact only puts you in a danger due to Guard lag.

- Use Trident and three Mummy cards if you keep hit missing.

- Use Trident and three Santa poring cards if you will farm Anubis to 99.

- Holy Cross is instant. The higher your ASPD is, the faster you can hit and spam Holy Cross.

- Holy Cross goes through Def of undead monsters such as Raydric and Anubis.

I'm not a fan of Holy cross becayse I'm lazy. All I want to do is to run and poke monsters.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to answer. Although my main is Royal guard, I'll try to answer about Crusader/Paladin questions

Edited by ChakriGuard, 19 December 2017 - 11:22 AM.

#15 LuxAngelus

LuxAngelus

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

Hello!

I'm VERY new to Crusaders, and am mostly just wanting general advice on which Crusader build to go with. I'm by no means super rich, but I feel like over time I could equip the character properly. It seems like the main builds are Holy Cross, Grand Cross, and AGI Spear. I'm not really interested in WoEing on this character, so mostly PVM-oriented. I do like to party, but I suppose it'd be hard to find consistent parties for a more support-type Crusader (right?), so I feel like going more solo-oriented would be a good way to go. Definitely open to any and all suggestions from those experienced with playing Crusader on RE:START.

Hey ! 

Don't go for GC build it's not worth it on this server. HC is very viable, u can farm on Geffenia/ Nif / GH... 

Edited by LuxAngelus, 19 December 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#16 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth of Heaven

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hey ! 

Don't go for GC build it's not worth it on this server. HC is very viable, u can farm on Geffenia/ Nif / GH... 

A certain Hebrew hammer I know has a GC Sader and he's pretty awesome at it. It just plays differently than what most would consider "standard" for a mobbing class.

#17 LuxAngelus

LuxAngelus

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

A certain Hebrew hammer I know has a GC Sader and he's pretty awesome at it. It just plays differently than what most would consider "standard" for a mobbing class.

Yeah. I saw some GC crusaders. But IMO it's to expensive since u gonna pot alot and need a decent gear (+ -)

#18 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:53 AM

Yeah. I saw some GC crusaders. But IMO it's to expensive since u gonna pot alot and need a decent gear (+ -)

If the main concern is financial, Crusader is a bad choice.

#19 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

If the main concern is financial, Crusader is a bad choice.

Yup, you're not going to make much money on a sader until you have gear to support lots and lots of raydric killing.

#20 naruto1989

naruto1989

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:06 PM

Hahaha hc is the best build for crusader just go what chakri guard chakri is my Lodi for rg build hahahaha

#21 TiagoHMK

TiagoHMK

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

Hi people, I'm kinda new to RO, used to play years ago, but didn't understand much about the game. I'm coming back to the restart server after a few months and I want to build a HC Crusader too, but some people said you'd need a lot of Z to make it work. I have around 25M from the Snake Head I got before the inflation. So if I sell the Snake Head would it be enough to make my HC Crusader farm raydrics?

#22 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

You need like 200mil to even get "ok" gear these days

Good luck

#23 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

Hi people, I'm kinda new to RO, used to play years ago, but didn't understand much about the game. I'm coming back to the restart server after a few months and I want to build a HC Crusader too, but some people said you'd need a lot of Z to make it work. I have around 25M from the Snake Head I got before the inflation. So if I sell the Snake Head would it be enough to make my HC Crusader farm raydrics?

It will be "ok", but if you want to make good money a Bowling Bash Knight would be better to farm Raydrics effectively.

Other than that, with the high AGI build recommended above you should still be fine, you will just now make as much zeny as you think you will but compared to other classes HC Crusaders aren't as bad zeny wise and you do not really need the perfect gear to go farm Raydrics but it sure helps.

#24 TiagoHMK

TiagoHMK

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

It will be "ok", but if you want to make good money a Bowling Bash Knight would be better to farm Raydrics effectively.
Other than that, with the high AGI build recommended above you should still be fine, you will just now make as much zeny as you think you will but compared to other classes HC Crusaders aren't as bad zeny wise and you do not really need the perfect gear to go farm Raydrics but it sure helps.

Thanks, i've seen your posts about trapper hunters and general leveling tips while digging around the forum trying to learn this game, it was very helpful.
Kinda trying to decide weather to start as HC Crusader or Trapper Hunter so I can try to sustain a main char.

#25 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:43 AM

^Start a Knight.

Why? Because the Knight's utility isn't going anywhere and it's always a good thing to have a farming machine that can keep going forever, your only requirement is SP potions. You can make do with NPC gears and absolutely zero cards, and make millions in just a few hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users