What to expect for WoE in 2018-2019-2020: Careless Edition - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

What to expect for WoE in 2018-2019-2020: Careless Edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
588 replies to this topic

#76 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:49 PM

Even same same gears won't do jack -_- if people can still cheat. Auto target is the most -_- thing ever.

Sc's that an masq everyone from 5 squares away with double masq's while they speedpot/backslide is the best

And sura's that goh people that are snapping while they too are snapping without hesitation, such skill.

#77 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

Or like suras snapping causing pos bug only to reappear and target you from a crowd of 15 bunched up players on an emp within the 0.2 seconds he/she has been on screen, only to instant kill you.

Sc's that an masq everyone from 5 squares away with double masq's while they speedpot/backslide is the best

And sura's that goh people that are snapping while they too are snapping without hesitation, such skill.

#78 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

Or like suras snapping causing pos bug only to reappear and target you from a crowd of 15 bunched up players on an emp within the 0.2 seconds he/she has been on screen, only to instant kill you.

Reminds me of when I was WoEing and I Devi scrolled, speed pot, agi up pass a corner then get GoH 3 times in .3 seconds in the face while running at the speed of light. 

#79 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:52 PM

Reminds me of when I was WoEing and I Devi scrolled, speed pot, agi up pass a corner then get GoH 3 times in .3 seconds in the face while running at the speed of light. 

The only way I have ever countered one was on my Doram, I saw them coming from the wall over, stooped and they were sloppy so I PP'ed them to death before they killed me. Mind you they took my HP from 68k to 20k within a very short amount of time, and that was with stoop active (90% reduction).

#80 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

I want WoE to be fun, I want attendance, I don't have the answers to fix it though. I feel like it was swept under the rug and left to die. I've been WoEing consistently for the last three years now and have just watched it decline while people made thread after thread on what they believe will fix it. Yet nothing has been done so here we are. I don't have an answer to fix woe, but my biggest grievance is cheaters and lack of motivation/reward. This year has had my most missed WoEs, as it is very very hard to give a damn anymore when you can predict 100% to a T on what will happen and how it will end. Shadow Chasers and Suras will always be powerful WoE classes, pulling off some amazing plays, I don't think flat out nerfing them is the answer, but it would be a step in the right direction. Same with addressing cheats.

I wish I had an answer to fix Woe, I really do.

And for those of you not in the know for WoE, here is a clip from 2 saturdays ago. I have full reducts, woe set, 120k+ HP. I would love to know how to fight against this better.

Either he wears inca or has incredible amount of HP .....one thing....I'm glad i wasn't there xD

Heres how I envision WOE must be to entice me to play and feel it will be fun and enjoyable. I don't expect this to happen, but meh, its a vision.

1. Absolutely no gears allowed. WOE gears you with a range of item sets for everyone. Now its fair, you all get the same -_-ty gears. Who wins is pure skill and class counter.
For once, you would be able to tell which class is OP even if all items are same. Also, the whole bloody server can participate. Now prove you're the strongest with your skills, not $$$.

2. Fantastic instantaneous prizes for winners. Instead of needing you to win a million times building economy for a piece of mostly useless god piece, all castle owners at the end receive rewards with rng % as if the economy is already maxed. Maybe 1% chance for a newer piece of god piece. 

3. Hall of fame. Top 10-20 characters with highest kill counts or WOE crystals broken are recorded on a board after every WOE. Top 3 characters can speak to the board to redeem prizes similar to winning a castle, while prizes trickle down to crap generally like MCA. Basically, you get recognition and rewards for being good individually rather than only the castle owner as well.

This is basically putting WOE like modern MOBA games and a bit of how sports works. Fair games, skill base, rewarding for top players. 

If we got that Agit lord Event, that would be fun. but we need to fix that cheatings in woe =.=

#81 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

This thread is going to get locked soon. Well it's been fun to read all different opinions ... slightly salted to perfection  :heh:

#82 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:55 PM

:heh:  im waiting for mod to lock the thread, saying lets just send a ticket

making the discussion about cheat is unsolved, unfinished, once again.

#83 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

I remember years ago while playing a recaller I had a pretty good replay of an afk sura just standing alone in the middle of a castle's pre emp. Walked up to it and it insta CCed and recasted spheres when needed. Had a replay of it going for about 5 minutes, and showed it, nothing ever happened.

It's not really illegal if it's not enforced.

Edited by Toxn, 18 December 2017 - 07:56 PM.

#84 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Reminds me of the times I'm a quve underneath barricades in woe 2.0 only to get insta double masq or other single target skills spammed on me. Now that doesn't mean auto-target, could also just be illegal small barricade GRF edits.
Or playing as a sura and certain people always manage to cast skills on you the literal second you appear on screen.
Or hell, I've even been Goh'd by a sura coming INTO a castle. They portal casted GoH on me from outside of the castle when we both entered.

I remember years ago while playing a recaller I had a pretty good replay of an afk sura just standing alone in the middle of a castle's pre emp. Walked up to it and it insta CCed and recasted spheres when needed. Had a replay of it going for about 5 minutes, and showed it, nothing ever happened.

It's not really illegal if it's not enforced.

Lol, yeah, I know there's a sura that as soon as i'm within the CC aoe range it always casts it.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 18 December 2017 - 07:57 PM.

#85 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Probably, they recently cleared off the art competition complaints.

Reminds me of the times I'm a quve underneath barricades in woe 2.0 only to get insta double masq or other single target skills spammed on me. Now that doesn't mean auto-target, could also just be illegal small barricade GRF edits.

Or playing as a sura and certain people always manage to cast skills on you the literal second you appear on screen.

Or hell, I've even been Goh'd by a sura coming INTO a castle. They portal casted GoH on me from outside of the castle when we both entered.

Could also be quve sprite edits.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 18 December 2017 - 07:57 PM.

#86 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:57 PM

Reminds me of the time when one of the guildie figured out the FCP bot's password so I kept getting free FCP from him. 

#87 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

Reminds me of the time when one of the guildie figured out the FCP bot's password so I kept getting free FCP from him.

did it happen to be "Coat!" cause ik one guilds fcp bot used that for a while.
Funny story, someone pm'd the command to turn off their bot to someone, so pm their bots and they all shut off.

#88 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

Meh. Cheating is a part of RO's backend problem, not actual in game balance WOE wise. It's Gravity's problem to think of ways to make their game more secure from third party programs, and separately make WOE enticing, if that's what they really want.

It's dumb to balance game around cheaters LOL

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 18 December 2017 - 08:00 PM.

#89 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

did it happen to be "Coat!" cause ik one guilds fcp bot used that for a while.
Funny story, someone pm'd the command to turn off their bot to someone, so pm their bots and they all shut off.

Lmao yes it was. 

#90 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

Talking all about some unnatural and unusual steps in WoE, what really happened to me was this. There was this one SC who planned to auto Masq me 5 cells away. Had I not knew better, I would've been stripped naked. Fortunately, that poor soul SC didnt know that my EB's range was actually 8 cells. Then my EB hit him before he could Masq me, sending him back to Kafra immediately. He missed his target and Masq'ed a cute Kafra girl instead ... smfh

#91 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:02 PM

Meh. Cheating is a part of RO's backend problem, not actual in game balance WOE wise. It's Gravity's problem to think of ways to make their game more secure from third party programs, and separately make WOE enticing, if that's what they really want.

It's dumb to balance game around cheaters LOL

Just because it is a backend problem doesn't change the fact that it is the BIGGEST WoE problem. No balancing in the world will make cheating any less of an advantage. It's the worst problem with WoE.

#92 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:17 PM

i guess the real problem is not the cheat

but the cheater,

they didnt get banned and the backdoor for cheat didnt get fixed ?  :heh:

#93 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

Just because it is a backend problem doesn't change the fact that it is the BIGGEST WoE problem. No balancing in the world will make cheating any less of an advantage. It's the worst problem with WoE.

then ur opinion is clear that cheating is the no1 thing to be solved for woe to be viable. No need to get so passionate i’m not your cheating enemy.

#94 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

:rice: Ohhh looks like the fun starting from here

#95 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

THATS EXACTLY MY POINT!
thanks for share this clip! how to fight that? instacast and spameable 120k GoH? (+ Cheats)

So every sura must be a cheater then because i got GOH instant casted and spammed everytime i see a sura ROFL, this thread is gold :)

#96 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

It is nice to talk with u guys here tonight, we might still have some time before lock of thread

I guess I know which guild some of you guys are talking about?

If RO is a person, then powerful guilds are its organs, and warp team is doctor. Now one of organs has cancer, and get rid of it might cure the person, but it takes long time to recover, and we are not sure if this person can hold such long period because this person is already almost dead.  lol

Edited by zx56vb, 18 December 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#97 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

It is nice to talk with u guys here tonight, we might still have some time before lock of thread
I guess I know which guild some of you guys are talking about?

If RO is a person, then powerful guilds are its organs, and warp team is doctor. Now one of organs has cancer, and get rid of it might cure the person, but it takes long time to recover, and we are not sure if this person can hold such long period because this person is already almost dead.  lol

More like they took an organ out of a cow and tried to put it into a frog.

#98 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:36 PM

More like they took an organ out of a cow and tried to put it into a frog.

LMFAO, genious!

I should pay u because you made me happy  XD

#99 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:36 PM

cheater isn't actually just RO problem, it's just windows based game problem because cheater practically abusing windows memory usage. most games run in windows can be cheated :/

the issues mostly back to the player mentally again :/

#100 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

cheater isn't actually just RO problem, it's just windows based game problem because cheater practically abusing windows memory usage. most games run in windows can be cheated :/

the issues mostly back to the player mentally again :/

The true issue is that people provide this thing called evidence, and then no action was taken. So there isn't even any discouragement from it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users