What to expect for WoE in 2018-2019-2020: Careless Edition - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

What to expect for WoE in 2018-2019-2020: Careless Edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
588 replies to this topic

#101 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

You'd be out of your mind to think that cheating is the only reason why WoE is the way it is. Sure, it might be the biggest reason for a lot, but to focus entirely on it just sweeps the rest of the issues under the rug. It goes beyond player mentality.

#102 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

The true issue is that people provide this thing called evidence, and then no action was taken. So there isn't even any discouragement from it.

True, we understand it is almost impossible to get rid of cheaters, no mention RO is a 15 years old game.

But GM teams attitude toward it is the problem. I miss ODA btw.

#103 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

Just blame iro staffs for not doing anything even though cheating at woe (w/ videos and replays) is too obvious. Also, the rewards is meh.

Edited by PoySanity, 18 December 2017 - 08:45 PM.

#104 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

Just blame iro staffs for not doing anything even though cheating at woe (w/ videos and replays) is too obvious. Also, the rewards is meh.

Reward? MEG? hahahahah no thanks. I choose OCP.

#105 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:48 PM

Reward? MEG? hahahahah no thanks. I choose OCP.

GP and BS Gloves. Lol. Just bring back ODA!

#106 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:51 PM

I miss him.

#107 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

honestly don't know how that's gonna be a solution. >.>

#108 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

It's not like Oda did anything to cheaters :X, he ignored it on multiple platforms of this forum and in-game.

#109 iNeedFluffs

iNeedFluffs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1651 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:58 PM

when a clip of me one shotting him, is the reason why woe is dead  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

#110 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:59 PM

It's not like Oda did anything to cheaters :X, he ignored it on multiple platforms of this forum and in-game.

At least from his streaming he is a RO player rather than just login with an AB and only know heal and rescurrent and killed by monster when weared GM shield.

#111 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

At least from his streaming he is a RO player rather than just login with an AB and only know heal and rescurrent and killed by monster when weared GM shield.

It's a fact that pretty much everyone in WP needs to learn to play the game. But at the same time if they become invested then it can lead to corruption, like in the past.

when a clip of me one shotting him, is the reason why woe is dead  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 18 December 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#112 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

:heh:  at least in tiki show he is banning the bots,

even tho my old friend said it is really pointless because its too obvious, people will hide their bots when Oda is on air and some people always give misdirection to him, by saying a wrong location

ie :

person 1 : Oda can you check this map?

person 2 : yeah there are a lot

person 1 and 2 : lellllllllll we are safe.

In fact, GM Oda also dont know where the bots are

aside from spore map.

#113 iNeedFluffs

iNeedFluffs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1651 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

It's a fact that pretty much everyone in WP needs to learn to play the game. But at the same time if they become invested then it can lead to corruption, like in the past.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

:thinking:

#114 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

WoE is dead because it has been neglected for years, and years, and years.  And no revitalization effort can be done to fix anything.  It's dried up, stale, and molding.

The focus of the game is clearly on PVM and cash shop, and the past couple of years have proven that RO doesn't need WoE to live on like it once did.  The best thing that they could do is turn off WoE and let us all move on with our lives.  It will never be as good as it was.  It's sad, but it's the truth.

And the people that are here still doing it, like myself, are doing it because of what it was.  If you're doing it for what it is, props to you for fighting the good fight.  But you're one of the few.  It's a grand PVP session, and it pains me to see it like that.  It was such an amazing concept that has just fallen apart out of lack of creativity.  Let PVP be PVP, and let WoE be remembered.

#115 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:54 PM

I remember years ago while playing a recaller I had a pretty good replay of an afk sura just standing alone in the middle of a castle's pre emp. Walked up to it and it insta CCed and recasted spheres when needed. Had a replay of it going for about 5 minutes, and showed it, nothing ever happened.

It's not really illegal if it's not enforced.

Oh wow... I remember that one. :|

#116 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

did it happen to be "Coat!" cause ik one guilds fcp bot used that for a while.
Funny story, someone pm'd the command to turn off their bot to someone, so pm their bots and they all shut off.

Heh, good stuff. That reminds me of how I figured out I had a character with a blacklisted string of sorts for a certain program. Apparently part of my char's name contained an old GM's IGN in it. I could walk around Prontera and Payon and d/c a couple hundred vending/farming bots until user intervention.  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#117 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:00 PM

WoE is dead because it has been neglected for years, and years, and years.  And no revitalization effort can be done to fix anything.  It's dried up, stale, and molding.

The focus of the game is clearly on PVM and cash shop, and the past couple of years have proven that RO doesn't need WoE to live on like it once did.  The best thing that they could do is turn off WoE and let us all move on with our lives.  It will never be as good as it was.  It's sad, but it's the truth.

And the people that are here still doing it, like myself, are doing it because of what it was.  If you're doing it for what it is, props to you for fighting the good fight.  But you're one of the few.  It's a grand PVP session, and it pains me to see it like that.  It was such an amazing concept that has just fallen apart out of lack of creativity.  Let PVP be PVP, and let WoE be remembered.

How about, to split Animosity on 2 guilds and fight each other and give more balance to this game, ah?

Edited by ShenYuel, 18 December 2017 - 10:01 PM.

#118 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:05 PM

Heh, good stuff. That reminds me of how I figured out I had a character with a blacklisted string of sorts for a certain program. Apparently part of my char's name contained an old GM's IGN in it. I could walk around Prontera and Payon and d/c a couple hundred vending/farming bots until user intervention.  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

I came to be aware of auto FCP from my very first WoE guild and was also your guild back in 2012 ... unfortunately I was left out and no one shared it with me  :ani_shy:

#119 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

How about, to split Animosity on 2 guilds and fight each other and give more balance to this game, ah?

That's not going to help :X

#120 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

1. that isn't a solution.

2. there are limited guilds, there's a reason why animosity stands out. (not that i don't like the other guilds, it's that a friend welcomed me here)

3. you can't easily cut established partnerships.

#121 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

I came to be aware of auto FCP from my very first WoE guild and was also your guild back in 2012 ... unfortunately I was left out and no one shared it with me  :ani_shy:

Oooh I remember thaaaaaat. Didn't like the dude that ran it tbh. Like, at all. So I continued to use my cute Biochem alt.  :p_laugh:

#122 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

Funny to know that there was a stupid guild leader told people during woe how they use long mace to enable their SC to mask others in long distance. Rofl, what a dumbass lier. SC can't even equip long mace.

74184c60gy1fmm3pt1zocj209f00mmwz.jpg

#123 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

lol  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#124 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

don't attempt to make this thread a grounds for ya'll to -_- post and trash talk. that is if you really want your points raised.

#125 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

1. that isn't a solution.

2. there are limited guilds, there's a reason why animosity stands out. (not that i don't like the other guilds, it's that a friend welcomed me here)

3. you can't easily cut established partnerships.

They can split and creat a new guild and join there, dosn't need to join some already existent guild in game, they can make a new one, then fight each other and fight with the others already existent guilds in game.

In my previous server we did that a lot of times, when the guild become "top" in server, to can play war between guilds for fun and keep some balance, idk why they can't do it in here, uhh... (im not talking about any RO related, im talking about a completely different game)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users