What to expect for WoE in 2018-2019-2020: Careless Edition - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

What to expect for WoE in 2018-2019-2020: Careless Edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
588 replies to this topic

#1 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

Dear Warpportal: Please include this on your 2018 Schedule Calendar:

WoE Revitalization Project!

Last update on official thread was made by Campitor on May 09, 2016. He say will read the thread and made a 2nd version. It was 1 year 7 months ago!

RGGyyg4.png

https://forums.warpp...ject/?p=2450670

After that, WarpPortal updated us in the thread The future of Chaos and Thor, basically saying they will look on the Game System Update Pending List while wait for kRO to update the woe and bring back competition. All this was on July 20, 2017. Five Months Ago:

ohXBtCx.png

Since we cannot mix this thread in Renewal Maintenance thread and the actual thread (Thread that I follow btw) seems to be out of date or very randomly answered due to many questions about the late updates we didn't got, people asking no-sense stuffs and out-of-thread stuffs, focusless on the main thread, the very last answer from Campitor and my last question (question without an answer) wasnt related to WoE but basically he says we wont get any update the next two weeks of 2017, and he will make a 2018 Outlook thread:

hdbEHUj.png

coz WoE is a extended thread, I decided to post here to ask what we can wait related to WoE on this thread.

Will 2018 be the year of returning the glory that WoE deserve?

Will you include this topic on 2018 calendar at least?

Can Warpportal do something while waiting the kRO update? (if kRO send the update 2 years later, will we be like this two years?)

And the hardest question: Do you have a deadline? Any ETA for 2018 about this?

We can't be like this for years! This is killing the server slowly as just few guilds are taking advantage of the current situation, while the rest of the Ragnarok Community are waiting for this. WP Staff just say in the post above, they wont do (or will stop? or just will continue?) pursuing and punishment over those players, wich means, yes, we have to deal with this as is until kRO do the WoE Competition Plan and iRO fix the pending list.

This is not suppose to be a drama thread, just a discussion thread and a direct question to the staff about the dates. I know its hard to put a deadline, a ETA to fix this. But without that, there is no promise to do something about it. Sincerely, I think Warpportal thinks "If we say we will look into, they will stop question", or it seems to be like this.

This is not a new topic, and has been years without an update to the known WoE issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update 01/03/2020: Hiatus mode, So far we know will have some anti-cheat system in the works.

Edited by S207, 03 January 2020 - 07:45 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:35 PM

is dead already, and ppl gave up on it. Its far past the point of no return.

#3 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:37 PM

kRO looking for a plan to revive WOE in 2018, and the update will not come to iRO before 2020, so nothing to expect in 2018 really.

#4 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

is dead already, and ppl gave up on it. Its far past the point of no return.

The thing is, every time we touch the topic, people say the same "WoE dead", what I'm looking with this thread, is asking the staff about the dates to bring woe back alive.

The Staff give us a pending list of stuffs to fix, the thing is, they didnt fix it yet, nor got any update from kRO about it, and everything just stay as is related to woe.

#5 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:44 PM

WoE is dead, I still woe with my guild and I'm willing to say it's dead. Their "fixes" won't save it. Very few of the things they said they would change would make any impact at all, and some of them sound more like nails in the coffin than fixes. Not to mention a lot of the people that actually had interest in the WoE aspect of the game have given their stuff away and quit.

#6 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

WoE is dead, I still woe with my guild and I'm willing to say it's dead. Their "fixes" won't save it. Very few of the things they said they would change would make any impact at all, and some of them sound more like nails in the coffin than fixes. Not to mention a lot of the people that actually had interest in the WoE aspect of the game have given their stuff away and quit.

Even that way, I read many of the WoE proposal thread, if they implement or hear about some suggest the community gave (serious suggestions), we can have a light from a candle with enough bright for the future of the WoE. Again, the thing is, so far to the date this post is made, they do nothing about it.

#7 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:06 PM

Even that way, I read many of the WoE proposal thread, if they implement or hear about some suggest the community gave (serious suggestions), we can have a light from a candle with enough bright for the future of the WoE. Again, the thing is, so far to the date this post is made, they do nothing about it.

Doesn't make a difference then either cause only some people will like, and some will hate those proposed changes.

And they don't get rid of people that cheat in woe for years on end. And when asked about it most the time they say they don't even know what to look for, they don't really know enough about the gameplay to determine who is cheating and whatnot.

The time to save woe was when people were still around and asked for change, not after they all left and gave up on the game.

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

That's why capital punishment is bad. When you arrest bad guys, dont kill them because if you do, there will be no chaos and terror to threaten civilians. When there are no bad guys, there are no heroes to raise  :ani_shy:

WoE is dead and it cant be revitalized. All bad guys got put in electric chairs  :rice: 

WoE issues are incurable;

1) Everyone wants to be powerful but when there are too powerful people, some less-powerful people quit. 

2) When you try to make people to have similar gears, some people who lose advantages quit .

3) Leave the gap between gears as it is, some people with less advantages quit.

4) When people cheat and they still die, some people who are bad at cheating quit.

4) When people keep quiting, we have WoE as it is.

Bonus: also some people quit due to drama inside their own guild ~

It's all about players' mentality. Nothing WP can do to fix WoE issues and that's why there is no cure  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 18 December 2017 - 02:09 PM.

#9 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

Following what's Chakri said, there's to many 1 Hit K.O. in WoE and WoE set is just not enough, 100k per GoH and spameable, 100k AS and etc...

they should nerf all around class and skills inside WoE maps and do not let the damage get higher than 30k on skills, for exemple 10~20k per GoH or 10~20k per IB, 20~30k per AS etc... depends ond gears but never bypass 30k, 1 Hit K.O. make WoE boring and pointless, only few skills should be able to do 1 Hit K.O. for exemple; Guillotine Fist, Crushing Strike, Exceed Break, No Limits even Tetra Vortex or Comet, since those are "Ultimate Skill" and has downside effect, those factors could make WoE more interesting.

Also.. back to the point that WoE set is just not enough and since rich people in game wearing god items and expensive stuffs, then just let us use our PVM gears and set the damage gap on that, 10~20k...30k on skills depends on gears.
Also... avoid 1 Hit K.O. in WoE should let us use slims to survive or let our AB in party heal us to help us stay alive, those things for sure should make it interesting to fight in WoE.

Edited by ShenYuel, 18 December 2017 - 02:56 PM.

#10 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

Come on guys, are you really saying there is no way you come back to have fun at woe? I know the pending list todo its a joke compared to the large numer of suggestions gave to the staff in this thread, the thing is, WP did nothing with that for almost two years, and with every OCP this seems to be very hard to go back in those days when 150's were max. There is a lot of work to do related to WoE, but saying "its dead, nothing will restore it" doesnt help to the staff to take accurate and proper actions about it. I mean, be nice with the staff and I see that pending list as a good start to take the WoE back to the common topics in this forum.

Many changes may inccur before woe come back to be fun again. But this is a good start, if only those changes start some day.

#11 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:24 PM

if only WoE has individual prizes, i bet all people will join it. 

#12 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:30 PM

No point, you can't save it anymore. Everyone who wants to WoE already left. 

#13 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

somehow i wished there is one or two castles in each realm where you cant use mvps, gods, OCPs, shadow gears, bio5 hats and maxed effect of gears at only refine lvl +12, max reduc 70%, and skills like stasis, SD, no limit.

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 18 December 2017 - 03:10 PM.

#14 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

The power creep has brought WoE passed the point of no return (without drastic overhaul that will get tons of backlash). Even if you had 90% damage reduction it would still be possible to take like 50k Damage in 1 chunk. That's just one factor. The other being most people that play now are mid 20's to late 30's. And it is no longer worthwhile to plan life around a 2 hour event. That is why instances are popular now. You log in when you can and you run something that doesn't require wandering around / waiting for people.

#15 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

It is somehow a dead cycle now where no matter whan action GM takes, it will eventually make situation worse. 

I personally as an active woe player for more than 1 year, from CS to LYC to Phacute and CSB now, I don't really agree that woe is dead. It is not dead, at least for us. Because we are still playing it after all.

But it is as good as dead, we have to agree with that. 

Takes example from past 2 weeks, when I caught someone who admitted to be using packet injection and said it is 'old school' when I asked him that I saw range masquerade from their guild, and I got it posted on forums. Now within minutes the post got deleted as I expected, then the GM contacted me to assure me that packet injection is a ban-able offense. And nothing happen after that, just like I expect. 

Well at one point the GM does not have the knowledge to target cheats. They just don't. On the other hand, from the attitude of the answer I got from GM, I feel like they are not really interested in countering this matter, at least for now.

I don't expect much from GM to be honest. We eventually will quit, the server will eventually go down just like every story has an end. We just cherish the time when we are still able to play inside woe.

I will say this mind set is rather different from our foe guild, where they really use cheats. Some of them, of course, not all of them. 

#16 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

The power creep has brought WoE passed the point of no return (without drastic overhaul that will get tons of backlash). Even if you had 90% damage reduction it would still be possible to take like 50k Damage in 1 chunk. That's just one factor. The other being most people that play now are mid 20's to late 30's. And it is no longer worthwhile to plan life around a 2 hour event. That is why instances are popular now. You log in when you can and you run something that doesn't require wandering around / waiting for people.

im scratching 30's and still found a way to play. many friend from my last WoE guild are married, or with kids, or just stop playing coz of this.

However, there is a new generation of players who taste WoE once and never come back coz they got wrecked in 1 shot. those players who still in RO, if the things change, i know some of em will at least try to do woe again. A loot of good people who left never come back again to Ragnarok because the mess in WoE. The staff just doesnt care and its blind to the idea that the WoE issue can kill the server slowly.

The damage its done, a lot of damage, but players like me there are more, and we wish to come back to play WoE in a more friendly environment to new players. I would like to see new faces, new guilds, more people going to the war coz its fun to share and take this seriously.

I just want the staff do not let pass more time to do something, its very late,-_- yes its so late to do something, but don't leave it in just words, at least do something about it.

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

Following what's Chakri said, there's to many 1 Hit K.O. in WoE and WoE set is just not enough, 100k per GoH and spameable, 100k AS and etc...

they should nerf all around class and skills inside WoE maps and do not let the damage get higher than 30k on skills, for exemple 10~20k per GoH or 10~20k per IB, 20~30k per AS etc... depends ond gears but never bypass 30k, 1 Hit K.O. make WoE boring and pointless, only few skills should be able to do 1 Hit K.O. for exemple; Guillotine Fist, Crushing Strike, Exceed Break, No Limits even Tetra Vortex or Comet, since those are "Ultimate Skill" and has downside effect, those factors could make WoE more interesting.

Also.. back to the point that WoE set is just not enough and since rich people in game wearing god items and expensive stuffs, then just let us use our PVM gears and set the damage gap on that, 10~20k...30k on skills depends on gears.
Also... avoid 1 Hit K.O. in WoE should let us use slims to survive or let our AB in party heal us to help us stay alive, those things for sure should make it interesting to fight in WoE.

Well I think, It is not about 1HKO. For example, WoE TE where it is much less 1HKO  and supposedly more balanced i.e. you dont really need to Gods/MvPs, you can tank more, easy to level, etc. WoE TE should be healthy right? 

Wrong ... WoE TE is also dying. It comes to players who cant win will just quit. Everyone wants to be winners but, sadly even this is a game, it is not easy to be winners when you compete with other human beings. That's why PvM is simpler and easier to learn compared to WoE i.e Al's vs Humans. This makes perfect sense. To keep the world balance, winners are rare and losers are common.

#18 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

Takes example from past 2 weeks, when I caught someone who admitted to be using packet injection and said it is 'old school' when I asked him that I saw range masquerade from their guild, and I got it posted on forums. Now within minutes the post got deleted as I expected, then the GM contacted me to assure me that packet injection is a ban-able offense. And nothing happen after that, just like I expect. 

Well at one point the GM does not have the knowledge to target cheats. They just don't. On the other hand, from the attitude of the answer I got from GM, I feel like they are not really interested in countering this matter, at least for now.

I don't expect much from GM to be honest. We eventually will quit, the server will eventually go down just like every story has an end. We just cherish the time when we are still able to play inside woe.

Kinda sad how even screenshots of people admitting to cheating along with video evidence of them cheating still doesn't count as enough to get people banned.

Other cases where like 5+ people report the same person for an eternity for the same stuff that they don't get banned for either.

#19 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:24 PM

Damage VS reduction is totally broken in WOE and PVP

And all your effort/Research/farm for you long time loved class<<<<<<<<<<<<<300 kp box:

how much time it would take for a guild to make one meg? Idk, maybe 1 year? Now all you need it waiting for OCP, you never gonna know what is coming next

All you need is a sura and a gene, one for pve one for PVP, and they share tons of gears  lmao

#20 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

Damage VS reduction is totally broken in WOE and PVP

And all your effort/Research/farm for you long time loved class<<<<<<<<<<<<<300 kp box:

how much time it would take for a guild to make one meg? Idk, maybe 1 year? Now all you need it waiting for OCP, you never gonna know what is coming next

All you need is a sura and a gene, one for pve one for PVP, and they share tons of gears  lmao

Yeah, all the god items getting replaced by OCP stuff pretty much. Meg better than giant protection in some cases and vice-versa but giant protection is also like 1/30th the cost of a meg and is much more common/quicker to acquire.

#21 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, all the god items getting replaced by OCP stuff pretty much. Meg better than giant protection in some cases and vice-versa but giant protection is also like 1/30th the cost of a meg and is much more common/quicker to acquire.

And for PVE blacksmith glove is much better than meg for most of cases as test result. No need to fight for god items anymore

#22 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

Personally I have an idea about improvement

So now we have gear window 1(normal gears) and window 2(shadow gears)

We could probably add window 3, and this is for god items and gears with skill reduction enhancement

Gears in this window is similar to shadow gears: not really useful by itself, but you can add enhancement, something like reduce GOD/AS damage by 5%, so you can concentrate on some skill damage reduction

Put God items in this window can also solve one problem: future gears will no longer replace god items anymore, and it gives god items owner the motivation to farm for new gears, and give other players the motivation to fight for god items.

#23 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

Well I think, It is not about 1HKO. For example, WoE TE where it is much less 1HKO  and supposedly more balanced i.e. you dont really need to Gods/MvPs, you can tank more, easy to level, etc. WoE TE should be healthy right? 

Wrong ... WoE TE is also dying. It comes to players who cant win will just quit. Everyone wants to be winners but, sadly even this is a game, it is not easy to be winners when you compete with other human beings. That's why PvM is simpler and easier to learn compared to WoE i.e Al's vs Humans. This makes perfect sense. To keep the world balance, winners are rare and losers are common.

I got your point and you're right, but to be honest I don't mind lose if I know there was a fair battle 50% / 50% chance to win or lose, but right now WoE is 99% lose for most of all the people who is not rich and don't have good or god items since WoE set is just not enough or simply useless, that's why my suggestion about Damage gap in WoE maps only, to avoid this 1HKO and has more chance to survive.

WoE should be some place where anyone can join to have fun in a battle no matter what gears they have.

Edited by ShenYuel, 18 December 2017 - 04:07 PM.

#24 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

Maybe ban some gears from Woe is the right direction. Just like WoE TE banned Maya Purple and WoE Set, ban some of the OP gears in WoE looks like the right direction. No more Flattery, Abusive, Mob Scarf, Maya Purple, Many of OCP Items, just go back to the basic, woe set, KVMs and some gears that already exist in the past. However, this should be evaluated by the staff AND the community. I just would like to see something done from the staff about this.

#25 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

I got your point and you're right, but to be honest I don't mind lose if I know there was a fair battle 50% / 50% chance to win or lose, but right now WoE is 99% lose for most of all the people who is not rich and don't have good or god items since WoE set is just not enough or simplety useless, that's why my suggestion about Damage gap in WoE maps only, to avoid this 1HKO and has more chance to survive.

WoE should be some place where anyone can join to have fun in a battle no matter what gears they have.

Yeah you are right about winning and losing. It doesnt even need to be 50/50, even 80/20 is fine and acceptable, but 99/1 is definitely going to make ppls quit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users