Feedback [Holiday Card Art Contest] - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Feedback [Holiday Card Art Contest]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#26 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:57 AM

I thought holiday cards are all about scribbling penises and boobs everywhere.

teach them how to scribble penis and boobs using toilet paper from public toilet

#27 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

teach them how to scribble penis and boobs using toilet paper from public toilet

Just take pictures of doodles on the inside of restroom stalls. Participation is all that matters.

#28 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:58 AM

Uhhh, the prizes are old Kafra shop costumes? And the participation prize is worth more than the winning prize? Astra, please seriously reconsider the prizes because I can see a lot of low effort entries coming just to snag that Large Ribbon Muffler.

Hi there! To address this concern, I'll be switching the Participation and Grand Prizes to make up for the price discrepancy that was present between them. Cheers!

Its okay, its the season of giving and to be jolly! :)

Wait: Astra!!! Must it be draw? How about crafts like pop up cards and stuffs? Or making a mosaic card? Those doesn't involve drawing~

Yes! You may do crafts if that's more to your liking  :ok:

Phew! I'm happy there's a holiday art contest! It wouldn't be Christmastime without some RO holiday art~
I've got some questions for the CMs:

• 1) RE:Start/Odin seems to be a separate contest. Good! Can we enter both?
  • 2) Must the cards be traditionally made? That is to say, do digital drawings count, or only pencils/markers?
  • 3) Must it be a 'folded' card like typical greeting cards? Or can it be like the online variety?
  • 4) Can I suggest a category be added for 'crafts', so that people who want to make 3d/clay/popup/cooked/whatever entries don't compete against 2d drawings? 

I like the prizes, they're pretty and fit the season! The VIP days are a nice bonus too =3 Thanks for running this!

1) Yes, you may enter both contests, but only if you make separate, different entries for each one. No doubling up on the same entry, please :)

2) Digital drawings DO count! Traditional or digital is both fine.

3) It can be an e-card style, yes :) Doesn't have to be traditionally folded.

4) I'll consider it!

#29 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:06 AM

Hi there! To address this concern, I'll be switching the Participation and Grand Prizes to make up for the price discrepancy that was present between them. Cheers!

RIP, I shall work harder thennnnnn!!! Cursesssss.

Guess' i'll choose good old CC hat for participation prize then. I already got Present of Snow.

Can we leave Ribbon Muffler as participation and change the Grand prize instead?  :p_laugh:

For example : Keep it at Large Ribbon Muffler and Grand Prize chance to Heart Ribbon Hairband!  :p_devil:

Edited by yamasakai90, 19 December 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#30 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

Yes! You may do crafts if that's more to your liking  :ok:

1) Yes, you may enter both contests, but only if you make separate, different entries for each one. No doubling up on the same entry, please :)

2) Digital drawings DO count! Traditional or digital is both fine.

3) It can be an e-card style, yes :) Doesn't have to be traditionally folded.

4) I'll consider it!

I think you should just let the prizes just in the way that they are, these people just thinking about zeny/money and how they can not sell their Large Ribbon Muffler from 300kp box for 1b if become into participation prize, you should let the prizes like that for everyone who can't affort it outside the contest or from the box, MANY people here want that costume to wear themselves and can't affort for it, even I want it to wear it myself and many of my friends also want it to wear it.

I think you and I we see those items as just what they are "simple pixels in a game" meanwhile others just see "money/zeny" on it, also the gran prize is not just "a costume" it's 15 day vip + costume, I wish I could have 15 days vip for free + costume just for have fun into a contest.

Edited by ShenYuel, 19 December 2017 - 10:21 AM.

#31 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:27 AM

15 day vip + large ribbon muffler? Thats to much!, please remove that 15 days vip, they can easy get 5k KP with that 1B zeny costume since we can buy 1k KP for 200m or else go back to previous prizes

#32 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:30 AM

dear astra,

please dont listen to yuel and yama -- they are communists

sincerely

#33 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:32 AM

15 day VIP + 1b which is basically 1.1b is too much for a grand prize.

But 1b isn't too much for a participation prize.

LfyaCEk.gif

#34 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

dear astra,

please dont listen to yuel and yama -- they are communists

sincerely

I rather be known as a cute-ist. xD

I think 1.1b for grand prize is too little. Previous grand prize are normally sold for at least 3b-8b or more, because they are one-off and couldn't never be obtained elsewhere.

Anyway i doubt Muffler could sustain its price at 1b if it indeed became a participation prize. Just look at Costume:Leopard. Probably drop to half at 500m, and that would be the same price as CC Hat.

Costume : Present of Snow however, is already at 200m and barely anyone wants it. Probably drop to double digits after this. But I also highly doubt that cause people who are just in it for zeny would end up choosing CC hat instead.

I, myself would choose CC hat since I already got a lot of Present of Snow rotting in my kafra due to trying to get Ribbon Muffler since they share the same box.

#35 alvehu

alvehu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Runeterra
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:39 AM

ppl should stop being selfish and think more in others, following what yuel says not many ppl can afford a costume like one of those, this is a good chance form them to get it with their names, think that is a cute and a awesome xmas gift and just enjoy it without complaining.

both prizes are good if you win or not, but even better for those who win, cuz they will get both costumes and 15 vip days.. so whats the problem here?.. 

#36 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Just gonna say it, nothing anywhere states that it will be a named costume.

#37 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

15 day VIP + 1b which is basically 1.1b is too much for a grand prize.

But 1b isn't too much for a participation prize.

LfyaCEk.gif

yes is too much, winner gonna get 2 costumes + 15 day vip so.... let's think as you all thinking...

winner gonna get 200m + 1b + 1m, so then YES is too much!

I just see items to wear with my chars and many of my friend also see the same, meanwhile othes just see numbers... 

Either way the prizes goes, the winner gonna get that amount of zeny (thinking on zeny) meanwhile partizipation gonna get just 200m? isn't that also unfair?

Edited by ShenYuel, 19 December 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#38 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:42 AM

Participation prizes used to be named normal headgears worth like 50k zeny and winning prizes could be sold for 10b and up. They also used to be unique costumes, not recycled Kafra shop items but that's another story. Also I'm still all-in for account-binding prizes.

#39 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

yes is too much, winner gonna get 2 costumes + 15 day vip so.... let's think as you all thinking...

winner gonna get 200m + 1b + 1m, so then YES is too much!

I just see items to wear with my chars and many of my friend also see the same, meanwhile othes just see numbers... 

Of course people do. Numbers can dictate an items value. Yama pretty much said it. 4 ~ 5 Costumes of Snow equate to a Large Ribbon Muffler. Is it so terrible to expect the more valuable prize to be the winning prize? If you want it then draw. Put in the effort. It's a fact that participation prizes have always been easy to get :X

#40 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

I mean, there is a reason why the muffler is a higher price than the falling snow, and it's not just because more people got the snow from their kafra boxes.

It's because the muffler is sought after more than the snow.

You want to call us selfish, but you also want to a more sought after item be the participation prize, rather than put more effort into your work to go for the grand prize instead. You want to give less effort the greater reward. You don't have to be the best when it comes to art to be the one who put the most effort in.

Do you not see why that exact thing is an issue here?

Edited by Toxn, 19 December 2017 - 10:45 AM.

#41 alvehu

alvehu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

still don't see any problem with recycled costumes from kafra shop, guys, the costume becomes unique when it adquire your name in it, no matter if it comes from kafra shop or not is special cuz you win it and it has your name it's all.

#42 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:52 AM

alvehu, on 19 Dec 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

still don't see any problem with recycled costumes from kafra shop, guys, the costume becomes unique when it adquire your name in it, no matter if it comes from kafra shop or not is special cuz you win it and it has your name it's all.

For
The
2000th
Time
It
Doesn't
Say
Anywhere
The
Prize
Is
Named

#43 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:52 AM

Showing evidence makes too much sense.

#44 alvehu

alvehu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:53 AM

i don't really care if i got a snow costume instead ribbon, i'm saying ppl is acting selfish complaining about the prizes, when they could care about those who can't get a ribbon or a snow costume. im always do my best i'm not a professional but i'm just saying  you should just think that both prizes are good and special lething by side if it's recycle or expensive.

and mr.ricebox i assume it is named cuz many of the costumes/headgears who came from the contests have the name of the winner. 

#45 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:56 AM

For
The
2000th
Time
It
Doesn't
Say
Anywhere
The
Prize
Is
Named

My

God

The

Prizes

in

Contest

are
ALWAYS

NAMED

sounds like you haven't even been in a contest or submit for loading screens lol

Edited by ShenYuel, 19 December 2017 - 10:57 AM.

#46 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:01 AM

My

God

The

Prizes

in

Contest

are
ALWAYS

NAMED

sounds like you haven't even been in a contest or submit for loading screens lol

And

Even

If

That's

The

Case

When

Has

That

EVER

Stopped

People

From

Selling

Prizes

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you think people are too good-natured to sell the prizes. I can name 2 people who entered contests in the past with no intentions of ever keeping the prizes.

#47 alvehu

alvehu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

we crearly forgot something important, art has many roots, not everything have to perfect or ''cute'' to be considered art, we are no gods to say if you or me or someone else is putting effort on he/she art, we cant even say is perfect or it is not cuz as i said art has many roots.

#48 alvehu

alvehu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

well if you care about selling the prizes then let's just ask astra make them account bound and all happy  :ok:

#49 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:08 AM

And

Even

If

That's

The

Case

When

Has

That

EVER

Stopped

People

From

Selling

Prizes

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you think people are too good-natured to sell the prizes. I can name 2 people who entered contests in the past with no intentions of ever keeping the prizes.

No, I know people are Trash many of then, but not everyone is like that, like i said I know many of my friends that they want the Muffler to wear themselves including me, we don't want sale, we want have it and keep it to wear it, you and I we should think about these people instead keep tracking the past and get some "trauma" about 1 or 2, greedy people joining in the contest to sale the prize.

I'm just trying everyone get some fun and get something good for have fun into a contest into a videogame that will stop playing soon or later, so... as I just say, those are pixels and pixels gonna stay, lets allow everyone get something cool meanwhile our stay in the game, don't you think?

Where is Rock..something now? He quit... and where is his prizes now?... inside a game and he can't take them out from there.

#50 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:08 AM

well if you care about selling the prizes then let's just ask astra make them account bound and all happy  :ok:

This has been a repeated request for some time now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users