#301 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:16 PM

In 2017, it was announced that they had planned for us getting 5 updates with fixes for some pending issues.
Spoiler

Out of everything on that list, we got 3 items and the rest just didn't happen.

Now here we are in 2018 and again we're likely getting just 3 items off the list with the rest simply not happening.
Spoiler

Knowing that we are now about 100 updates behind the developers and only getting 3 updates a year (maybe 5 if they sneak in ninja updates), you're asking a lot of the community for us to wait... *calculates* 20 YEARS to get caught up in updates. Between 2013 (when the original updates thread was compiled) until late 2016, we were getting a decent rate of updates getting delivered (about 50 updates within those 3.5 years). But suddenly around the time that OCPs were introduced to iRO, the stream of updates slowed to a snail's crawl and I find that extremely worrying. It cannot be a coincidence, there's gotta be something going on behind the scenes, especially when they delivered the defense bypass cap so quickly. How can you expect us to remain optimistic about investing our time and money into iRO with everything that's happened lately?

#302 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:34 PM

I believe OCP16 did good enough to have all the updates put in iRO this coming Friday maintenance, else I don’t know what to say anymore...

#303 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:46 PM

How can you expect us to remain optimistic about investing our time and money into iRO with everything that's happened lately?

This is the reason why I only AFK Homun Level for now, once I max out the Homun I'll try different instances and get zenny from loots and not even avail VIP. This is the time to take advantage of the "Free to Play" aspect of the game(while the game exists), no pressure lol.

It's just not worth spending $$$ now judging by the updates we are getting, it looks like Gravity is really leaving the original RO game behind and focusing on other wtf games they've created.

#304 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

I believe OCP16 did good enough to have all the updates put in iRO this coming Friday maintenance, else I don’t know what to say anymore...

That's the thing, we were getting updates more often BEFORE the introduction of the OCPs. It's only once they started introducing OCPs into iRO that the amount of updates getting to us slowed to a trickle.

#305 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

tldr, give us more money for less stuff? typical... developers...

#306 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

That's why boycotting OCPs/sending money to kRO until they we get the important updates wouldn't work here lol

I think its worth a try boycotting, I'm just not too sure how to go about it as I was warned(not by GMs/CMs) that I could get banned from the forums which I don't want to happen. Most people aren't even asking for a lot, they just want updates from years back(some going back to 2011) and considering how much people are spending in this game I think we should at least get the minimum such as skill/UI updates, bug fixes and instances(NOGH) that are a few years old now. Even the update they're about to drop right now is like 2 years old. kRO just keeps spitting in our faces while we willingly hand our money to them while begging for whatever scraps they're willing to throw our way. If given the opportunity I believe iRO players are willing to band together to get what we deserve.

#307 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

So what will be the slogan of this boycott?  "They stagnate our update we stagnate their wallets"    :heh: 

#308 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:49 PM

When NOGH arrives and I make a video ... non-iRO folks who watch my video be like what is this -_-? This NOGH has been around for years already *reported the poor vid*  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Thing is ... WP let you rage your frustration on the forums and then you forget and nothing is done because WP doesnt really care much. Keep barking and dogs will stop when they're tired. It's only when you want to get serious and take actions, that's when they'll step in to remove your hard-truth posts and punish you. They cant monitor Discord or Facebook or your other social networks though xD

Edited by ChakriGuard, 25 March 2018 - 10:53 PM.

#309 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:07 AM

Warpportal needs more of the following :

-Developers
-Community Manager. Ever heard of Twitter, Facebook, etc?
-Marketing campaigns. It literally takes, about $5-$20 a day on Facebook to promote ads.

If they can implement these 3 things, they would be much more successful!

#310 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:12 AM

It is the lack of updates from kRO that result in the arrival of OCP boxes(since they need to make money), not that OCP boxes caused lack of updates. Its necessary to understand this before you even consider boycotting, or you may be barking up the wrong tree.

#311 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:30 AM

Please don't disturb KRO dev team. They're very busy on developing Ragnarok M. :p_smile:

http://rom.gnjoy.com/

#312 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

Please don't disturb KRO dev team. They're very busy on developing Ragnarok M. :p_smile:

Now i understand where is the OCP money...

#313 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:14 AM

i liked the ad a couple that met through RO getting married IRL how popular is ragnarok in Korea?

Edited by YangeWenli, 26 March 2018 - 09:19 AM.

#314 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:35 AM

It is the lack of updates from kRO that result in the arrival of OCP boxes(since they need to make money), not that OCP boxes caused lack of updates. Its necessary to understand this before you even consider boycotting, or you may be barking up the wrong tree.

Or perhaps from kRO's point of view, getting iRO up to date wasn't producing the profit they wanted so they stopped prioritizing updates in favor of the cash shop.

#315 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:20 PM

When Gravity can triple their revenue going from 2016 to 2017 and do so without providing updates to local servers, it's clear as day to them that they can treat the servers like garbage and still make bank.

It all comes down to how blind the consumer is to notice that the higher management does not care.

Edited by Toxn, 26 March 2018 - 12:20 PM.

#316 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

Or perhaps from kRO's point of view, getting iRO up to date wasn't producing the profit they wanted so they stopped prioritizing updates in favor of the cash shop.

Yeah, kRO will send more updates if the players respond positively with significant increase in profits with each update we receive. For instance, if ppls buy more OCP boxes upon receiving an update, and buy less OCP boxes if we don’t receive updates as promised, then we are more likely to receive updates. WP and kRO need OCP boxes to make profits, can’t take that away from them but it’s nexessary to let them know that, the players want something more than just OCP.

#317 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:02 PM

Most of the people who want iRO to get up to date have left the servers, leaving those who don't know about the issue becoming the majority that speaks with their wallets. If iRO had gotten more of the quality of life updates between 2013 and 2016, then the people that want to see iRO updated wouldn't have left. Many of the updates we got during that time period were content expansions and fixes. Very few of them were the much-needed UI changes that the game desperately needs to retain a bigger playerbase. We can deal with lack of content, but being forced to deal with an inferior UI and game experience when other MMORPGs have gotten with the program is simply unacceptable.

Some guilds have left because they became tired of having to deal with workarounds related to guild management while kRO, for some reason, hangs tightly on to their updated guild UI and warehouse. And for some reason, iRO is unwilling to address those issues like guildleader changes that other officials have offered services for.

Crafters in the community that aren't potion brewers have already scattered to greener pastures due to kRO's unwillingness to expand Blacksmith crafts and improve the cooking system itself.

Suppliers can't farm items in a mass production capacity because bots simply do it better and other in-demand items are found in investments and instances.

Explorers are at a dead end since kRO has no intention of expanding the in-game world. And if they did, they're insistent on locking maps behind long quests or level caps. Or just straight up removing maps altogether.

Players don't want to invest money into a game that's out of date, but kRO sees that as getting officials up to date being less profitable for them. So as much as both developers and the playerbase contributed to RO spiraling into doom, it's still mostly on the developers being so lackluster in the TLC of the game that it trickles down to the players' attitudes toward the game.

#318 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

Is that a Ragnarok Mobile version?

#319 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:47 PM

Is that a Ragnarok Mobile version?

Just another mobile game based on RO. http://ragnarok.game...ardians_of_Love

Edited by ZeroTigress, 25 September 2018 - 08:43 AM.

#320 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:27 AM

can someone explain what really happened way back at 2011? 

and is there a lot of players at that time vs this time?

about how much? well i didn't play at that time, so I couldn't tell

IMO as players back at 2011 play this game (well they grow up too)

they're already 7 years older than today, plus with the increasing demand on 3D games affects this game too specially with the young people

you're right about spending money and getting updates about this server

although i wouldn't compare any other years vs this year.

i've known a huge amount of people that quit because of personal circumstances, and that can't be helped or perhaps just too bored cause of the

way they played the game ... (e.g. makes 12 gx farms all day maxes them all and earns 20b a day)

still wanted to have the updates though, but I can understand how iRO isn't equal to kRO and they still have to decide about how their going to make people interested in playing their game

nice observation though :D i wish we get more players so i can probably think about pvp/woe again (which is originally why I played this game before) ~ first release of "war of emperium"

Edited by Doral, 27 March 2018 - 04:27 AM.

#321 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:19 AM

Ragnarok M is old news. It came as Chinese only last year.

I am happy that that marriage update did not arrive. Hopefully it won't still.

#322 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:32 AM

I need to marry my cats so that I can get unlimited sp in nightmare bio. what you sayin' son?

#323 pedrocombo

pedrocombo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:35 PM

PLEASE NO ILLUSION DUNGEONS-cuz they are boring, instead add those partial updates that "came,"in kro within the 16.2 update . Many thanks /no1

#324 walkingdoods

walkingdoods

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

mark the year...2025 the real ragnarok is near.. at least we have 7 more years to enjoy. only read somewhere here in forum mister oda stated way back..

#325 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

M9WO3NOW2YCEC2ASJH6Z.gif

Star Emperor - Gravity Control ( like the opposite of manhole )

JTEQ9XJCMJRM2O4CTZUI.gif

Soul Reaper - Soul Explosion, Espa, Eshu

these are temporary image, the sprites and effects are still on development.

Sigma will translate the rest.

Edited by Silvianna, 04 April 2018 - 09:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users