They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:53 PM

Hi All

Seeing as 2018 has only 3 major updates to deal with, that means the usual excuses of being busy may be less apparent next year.

Are there any projects or proposals you wanna see possibly come true? Mind you I will just poke Camp about these, and only if they are well thought out and rationalized. I promise nothing in terms of implementation, but I will offer what I can to get it looked at.

Let me know and when Camp has some spare time I will poke him every so often.

Part of 2018 proposals I wanna try put forward, is to get a discord going like for the community headgears and see if a bunch of us could find a way to revitalize ET. I personally don't think it's a bad dungeon as it stands, but I was thinking of a change in how it works.

The basic changes I wanted to try and get in were as follows:

1. Unlimited entry over the 4 hour time limit
  2. Quest specific entries that makes re-entry bug useless
  3. changing up the floors on RNG (so not the same old for EVERY single floor)
  4. Bakonawa like chest at the end once NS has been killed, that explodes with interesting loots (maybe we could get some nice useful items in there to make it an extra value hunt other than just cert farming and chances at mvp cards)

-Mike

#2 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

I mean it sounds nice but the question is if it will ever be put into effect. We've had a lot of discussions that really just don't go anywhere and this is the biggest reason why people stop bothering at all.

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

Hi All

Seeing as 2018 has only 3 major updates to deal with, that means the usual excuses of being busy may be less apparent next year.

Are there any projects or proposals you wanna see possibly come true? Mind you I will just poke Camp about these, and only if they are well thought out and rationalized. I promise nothing in terms of implementation, but I will offer what I can to get it looked at.

Part of 2018 proposals I wanna try put forward, is to get a discord going like for the community headgears and see if a bunch of us could find a way to revitalize ET. I personally don't think it's a bad dungeon as it stands, but I was thinking of a change in how it works.

4. Bakonawa like chest at the end once NS has been killed, that explodes with interesting loots (maybe we could get some nice useful items in there to make it an extra value hunt other than just cert farming and chances at mvp cards)

-Mike

I mean it sounds nice but the question is if it will ever be put into effect. We've had a lot of discussions that really just don't go anywhere and this is the biggest reason why people stop bothering at all.

I know what you mean, but it's never been about the actual proposals, the almost similar sentence I would always get back is "We are just too busy atm with X update". In 12 months they have 3 major ones. That is significantly less than what they had this year, so here is hoping that something can come of it.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:49 AM

Finalized Bounty Boards project.

Ha ha ha ha, who am I kidding?

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:52 AM

Hi All

-Mike

I would ask for unlimited entry for other instances too, with reentry condition the same when we died or DC'ed

so dead boss will stay dead, just to let us continue with the instance

Thanks Mike

Finalized Bounty Boards project.

Ha ha ha ha, who am I kidding?

Whats the final project?

#6 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:01 AM

isn't it better to have a catalyst like Reset Stone to reset ET timer instead. making faceworm skins more valuable than using silvervines for kp. then remove 3 ash of darkness from the start (have it obtainable every 25 floors). ET entry = reset stone required to avoid abuse unlimited entry

#7 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:44 AM

isn't it better to have a catalyst like Reset Stone to reset ET timer instead. making faceworm skins more valuable than using silvervines for kp. then remove 3 ash of darkness from the start (have it obtainable every 25 floors). ET entry = reset stone required to avoid abuse unlimited entry

It would be better to do away with ashes entirely honestly.

#8 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

How practical would it actually be to turn ET into a full RNG-based tower? A sort of Nightmare Endless Tower.

With the addition of more monsters/MVPs, it could actually be really interesting and difficult. What if it took this proposal and funneled it into NET instead? Open up the Nightmare version to all sorts of possibilities and really promote high level play & party play.

As that might be pretty difficult if you ran into a floor that had a Bio3 MVP, for example, maybe make a Nightmare version that is a separate entity from current ET to allow less experienced/newer users to still be able to tackle the tower as it was originally. Then Nightmare is the added challenge and craziness for when they feel more confident and it would give current veterans a nice challenge every week.

#9 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

jRO's version of Endless Tower is all we need, imo.

Could also implement a record system like Faceworm Nest, that would be interesting.

Edited by Zayaan, 25 December 2017 - 09:40 AM.

#10 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:41 AM

^Record system would be neat.

What's jRO's ET consist of, exactly? Do you have a listing available?

#11 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:49 AM

^Record system would be neat.

What's jRO's ET consist of, exactly? Do you have a listing available?

http://rovip.info/wi...orial/tower/Mob

Now that I look at it, it isn't much better than our version aside from a few extra MVPs. GTB isn't even included, and I'd prefer if it stayed as it gives newbies a chance at the card.

#12 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

It is nice how some of the floors are laid out, though.

It would be really cool if we could do full RNG ET, though. Where it's near impossible for anybody's 100 floor tower to have a layout identical to another player's 100 floor tower. A unique experience every time you play, with a plethora of monsters to challenge you in different ways. By the very nature of it, you might have some towers that are very demon heavy--and if you had a diverse party, that player with the Gloom or that ME AB you brought along could prove to have a larger role than initially prepared for. Maybe you end up with a Water heavy dungeon and the Warlock ends up being a primary killer as opposed to a supportive killer.

That is something I would absolutely love. I think this game begs for a dungeon mechanized in such a fashion since so much of RO is steeped in RNG.

#13 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

The jRO list is actually almost perfect. I was thinking add in area spells for certain levels as well, since adding mobs doesn't do much to make a level difficult.

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:30 AM

Here is a rough mock up of a buffed ET.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#15 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

Orc Lord is too tough to be on the first MVP floor, and I still think GTB should be kept in. It would be unfair to newer players if it was removed. Sure it'd still available at Central Lab, but a good amount of GTBs on the server came from ET without even considering the floor multiplier exploit.

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

Hmm, it depends on how it could be approached. If ET were to be replaced by something, then yes I would make GTB a thing still. Otherwise, I would like to tackle this as a standalone thing. Granted all of this is theory.

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

hatii > stormy :)

#18 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

hatii > stormy :)

So evil.

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

I am trying out this one as well, slowly filling it in

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

The idea is that MVP floors would ONLY have the MVPs in them, but they would also have invisible mobs to cast random skills that would make it a little more difficult.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 25 December 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#20 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

Celine Kimi is an interesting choice.

#21 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

Celine Kimi is an interesting choice.

Well I figured why not, her mechanics do make it slightly interesting when trying to make party play a thing.

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

Morroc Kid :)

#23 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:51 PM

I like both lists that are being created I see you Kublin, but maybe less or for more and.

Current ET has 26 MVPs to fight while the new proposal has 23 on each list (including Stormy's 2 Hatiis in the list he's on). I think greater than or equal to would be preferred. With current ET, you're just doing it to fight MVPs/get certs because the challenge is gone. Adding some challenge and not lessening the total amount of MVPs would be ideal.

#24 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

I like both lists that are being created I see you Kublin, but maybe less or for more and.

Current ET has 26 MVPs to fight while the new proposal has 23 on each list (including Stormy's 2 Hatiis in the list he's on). I think greater than or equal to would be preferred. With current ET, you're just doing it to fight MVPs/get certs because the challenge is gone. Adding some challenge and not lessening the total amount of MVPs would be ideal.

Indeed, but 2 MVPs don't bring the challenge. You can just drag them apart. So I figured make them more difficult by using invisible mobs to use skills tailored to each MVP encounter.

#25 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, but that goes for practically anything.

If you see Ktullanux and Ifrit, it at least makes it a little more interesting should one wander onto the tank while holding the other.

Also, are all the MVP floors devoid of regular mobs in place of invisible mobs using whatever they're going to do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users