New to wizard, some tips and tricks of the trade please!
Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:39 PM
As you all may know I am the most bestest more powerful FS bishop(all self proclaimed) from RO1 community.
I am thinking to start having a go at playing RO2 and have decided i want to play a female wizard, totally not because of the skimpy outfits they wear but also from looking at videos, the sound they make when casting skills huehuehue......i am an innocent pure hearted person ahem. Any tips and tricks of this trade from any predecessor to this class is greatly appreciated, including stats, cards, mastery system advice,skill use/rotations dress code and profession suggestions that goes well with the class are all totally welcome.
Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:29 AM
thank you for giving Ragnarok Online 2 a chance.
I used to play Ragnarok Online as you but then, since I've started playing this game three years ago, I've never returned to Ragnarok Online!
I'll try to respond to your question as fully as I can but first I’ll tell you my opinion about the class. Wizard is a joke-ish class: it’s basically a Magician with a very few³ decent skills, its DpS is outclassed by Sorcerer and Crecentia and there’s no reason to choose to play Wizard over Sorcerer/Elementalist (since they share the Magician’s Skill Tree). It’s very sad since I am sure you’re aware of how good is Wizard in Ragnarok Online, but as I’ve told you here’s a totally different story.
I’ll try to go in order:
- The skills you are going to use the most as a Wizard are: Firebolt and Fireball to deal Damage, Dragonology and the three Emblems in combination with Seal Explosion to buff yourself. The Emblems+Seal Explosion combo is great. This is what makes Wizard unique: great Magic Power buff (Fire Emblem), great Cast Speed boost (Wind Emblem), decent heal (Water Emblem) – N.B. you can use one Emblem at time so effects can’t compound. Dragonology is one other great buff (10% INT Buff). But is this enough to make Wizard viable? It sadly isn’t. Don’t get me wrong, if you play PvE*, you can actually top the DpS in your raid since Fireball can deal a huge damage adding up the damage inflict via its DoT but so does the Sorcerer, that can count on more combos and skills to deal an even greater damage. Not only, while Wizard mostly relies on Pets and Potions to heal, Sorcerer can heal pretty well with their healing skills.
As a Wizard you will barely invest any skill point in the Wizard skill tree, most of the usable skills are in the Magician one: Frost Diver+Lightning Bolt combo belongs to the Magician skill tree, Frost Diver+Thunderstorm combo belongs to the Magician skill tree, Fireball and Firebolt both belongs to the Magician skill tree, the three Emblems all belong to the Magician skill tree. Sorcerer can use them too, and better since it can count on Memorize to cast projectile skills instantly, Varetyr Spear/Jupitel Thunder/Lord of Vermillion to combo with Frost Diver dealing CRAZY damage, Summon Aqua to support their DpS, Land of Recovery to heal themselves and the party/raid they are in. Sure thing, it’s not all bad: Frost Nova, Seal Explosion, Dragonology are all unique to Wizard, and you will surely want to invest in those.
* if you are more inclined towards PvP then I strongly suggest you to change your mind and play a Sorcerer, since Wizard is total rubbish when it comes to 1 vs 1 duels and it’s totally outshadowed by Sorcerer.
Are you still willing to play Wizard? If yes, then read here:
Since it’s very easy to get through the game and up to the last level (Level 90 – Master Level 40) I am going to give you suggestions based on the end game. It’s very hard to tell you what gears you should choose and how to arrange them since it’s mostly bases on your playstyle/taste and on your decision to play PvE or PvP, or both! You can take a look here at this Sheet I’ve prepared with the stats of most gears from Level 50 onwards: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing. More generally I would tell you to go with a whole set of Serenia gears to get the (2) damage increase and (4) reduction from the Set Effect but, for example, you might want to use Eddga Gloves to deal extra damage, since they add Penetration to your stats. I have two different sets:
- 1st set is for PvP and I’ve made it to reduce the damage I take and support my party/raid squad with Crowd Control skills. I don’t deal much damage with it but I can resist most hits, one-shot are very rare and I am not a burden to my squad. With max Vigor I can use Seal Explosion every 30 seconds, Frost Nova every 7 seconds. Ignore this if you want to play as full-cannon glass DpS:
o Serenia Gears (Hood, Jacket, Trouser, Sandal, Gloves, Rod) since they give more Defense when refined than any other gear in the game;
o Serenia accessories (Ornament, Necklace, Earing, Ring) mixed with Ancient Warrior accessory (Ring) since (4) Serenia accessories activate various Set Effects and Ancient Warrior Ring gives extra VIT, all of them are enhanced with VIT;
- 2nd set is for PvE/PvP and I’ve made it to increase the damage I deal. The damage I deal is great but I die out of most hits, one-shots are very common and it can be a burden to my squad. Ignore this if you want to play as a supportive-role:
o Serenia Gears (Hood, Jacket, Trouser, Sandal, Rod) since they have better stats overall than any other gear in the game + Eddga gear (Gloves) since they are helpful to deal extra damage considering the Penetration they add to your stats;
o Serenia accessories (Ornament, Necklace, Earing, Ring, Ring) since (4) Serenia accessories activate various Set Effects, all of them are enhanced with Magic Power;
If you want to play as a full-cannon glass DpS then please check this: https://forums.warpp...ild-for-wizard/
If you want to play as “Support”, then you can take a look here: http://earlygame.net...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0
Though, the best Skill build is the one you try yourself and make according to your experience and style
I'll relate to my 1st set and to my 2nd set (see "Gears"):
- the best cards to use for a Support role as my 1st set is "Captain Vadon Card", since it gives a huge amount of VIT: 160 VIT at Level 0, 360 VIT circa at Level 10 = 21.600 HP without buffs;
- the best cards to use for a full-cannon glass DpS as my 2nd set is in my opinion "Queen Serenia Card [Epic+]" (this is the one I use), that gives a good amount of VIT, Vigor and Penetration. Other players prefer Niad Card [Epic+] that gives a good amount of INT, Cast Speed and Damage increase;
Professions (Chef, Alchemist, Artisan, Blacksmith) are totally irrelevant in the game and no class benefits from any of those more than another. Artisan and Blacksmith are easier to level up so pick up one of those two and if you want to change once you hit level 50, you will be able to using Guardian Rune.
If you have any other question, please feel free to ask.
Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:46 AM
Thankyou so very much for the advice and tips and general breakdown of this class.
Many things I must say because I must:
On Profession: Oh thats good to hear, maybe i can choose blacksmith with relative relief that its not going to nerf me to hell and that I can ogle at my character while playing.........ahem.
PvE vs PvP: Such a heavy dynamic difference. I definately will watch out.
Sorc: Indeed it does look like sorc has no faults if we compare the two. But i am a very resilient player and have survived being extremely banned for 10 days for my profanity, I am sure as hell going to survive playing as a Wizard as well. I will however make a note that Sorcs have great utility in comparison and keep it in mind.
A final word before adventuring out into the game: You must be indeed a brilliant Wizard yourself to give me so much information! I hope to be able to ascend to such great hieghts as well!!
Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:33 AM
Thank you PervySageMarty,
you can see some action here: https://www.twitch.t...occa/videos/all
I'm always happy when I meet new players who decide to play Wizard even if it's well known how hard it is to make it decent.
Most players play Assassins, Warrior or Priest since it's much easier for those classes to shine, but it's very commendable to decide to play Wizard.
See you in game!
Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:27 PM
hope you will enjoy playing as wiz.. the class does not get that much love but yeah it is fun
Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:17 PM
The first and only thing you need to do: reroll to another class.
Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:37 AM
I have never asked anyone of this but do you mind changing your display picture, its freaking me out!!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users