• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HugoSilva

HugoSilva

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:57 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new in the game and so I still have many doubts. I have a hunter who is about to be reborn, however, I still do not know what kind of ranger it will be (Arrow Storm or Auto-Warg). I have this doubt because a lot of people have already told me to do Arrow Storm "because it is easy to evolve solo", but despite that, I did not want to give up the warg, and I still take into account the fact that I made an AGI Falcon hunter, so I'm used to having a "little friend" helping me in the up. Anyway, I want to know the best to evolve solo (I do not have many friends in the game :unsure: ) and with low cost (I do not have many zennys :sob: ) targeting MVP in the last levels. My fear is to make a character and then hang in the middle of the path because I can not evolve (mostly alone). I've already wondered about a hybrid, however, I do not have good memories of hybrid classes in games, are usually more expensive and harder to find the balance. Well... I hope I have been able to clarify my doubt. I await the return and from now on I am grateful for the attention.

#2 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:17 AM

Getting arrow storm will not use up all the ranger's job skill points, so you can still get warg skills if you wish.

It's just a matter of priority; whether to level up your AS first (which can help you to kill faster) or your warg.

You can plan your skill tree here: https://irowiki.org/...skill4/rgr.html

Stats wise, there are various gears/cards that give bonus effect when paired with a certain amount of your base stats. But I think you don't have to worry about those until you're much more familiar with the game (or much richer.. lol). So for now, just go with the following stats:

- high dex, for more damage

- high agi, for faster attack and more flee rate (avoid being hit by enemies)

- high int, for more SP

- high vit, for more HP

* you can also forgo arrow storm entirely and go with trapper build instead. There's a guide by Fuyuki here: https://forums.warpp...uide-by-fuyuki/

Edited by DeadIntern, 28 December 2017 - 12:23 AM.

#3 HugoSilva

HugoSilva

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

Getting arrow storm will not use up all the ranger's job skill points, so you can still get warg skills if you wish.

It's just a matter of priority; whether to level up your AS first (which can help you to kill faster) or your warg.

You can plan your skill tree here: https://irowiki.org/...skill4/rgr.html

Stats wise, there are various gears/cards that give bonus effect when paired with a certain amount of your base stats. But I think you don't have to worry about those until you're much more familiar with the game (or much richer.. lol). So for now, just go with the following stats:

- high dex, for more damage

- high agi, for faster attack and more flee rate (avoid being hit by enemies)

- high int, for more SP

- high vit, for more HP

* you can also forgo arrow storm entirely and go with trapper build instead. There's a guide by Fuyuki here: https://forums.warpp...uide-by-fuyuki/

Thank you very much for responding :thx: . So I'll focus on arrow storm to evolve and eventually I'll get the warg :ic:. Also thank you  :bow: for showing me the skill build tool.

I know this is not part of my main question, but do you know any guide that could help me with both attributes and equipment (Arrow Storm)?

#4 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:19 AM

The Arrow Storm Build from the wiki is still good for newbies.

There also aren't that many gear variantions as you will be locked into using the White Wing Set (Armor, Garment, Shoes, 1 Accessory).

For weapon stick to Hunting Bow + Hunting Arrows and switch that to Elven Bow + Elven Arrow as soon as you can afford an Elven Bow. Both arrows can be bought and put into quivers in Mora, you can make a chat in Eden to get a warp.

For headgear something like Rideword Hat or Vanarguand Helm is neat to help you leech back HP/SP.

For the second accessory slot something like Sound Amp with Phen card is nice, as it lets you cast your Arrow Storm even if you get hit - this is no must if you cleverly postion yourself or make good use of Camouflage though.

There also is the Autumn Headband that gives a huge boost to Arrow Storm, but this is quite expensive and not needed to get your char to max level -> so don't listen to derps telling you otherwise.

If you descide to go NCT at 150 this headgear here will be better and before 150 you can really use anything depending on budget.

Another really good budget Headgear is the Octopus Hat.

It increases the heal rate of Fresh Fish by a lot and only needs to be +7 which can be done with certs.

Let's also not forget the mighty newbie freindly Juno Zeny making guide!

It was written from the view of a GX but applies to all characters with varying degrees of zeny for each.

Also includes a "how to make Certs" part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users