Ragial format changed? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ragial format changed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

Coming back to Chaos after a while, I used to merc using Ragials old format of displaying items in order of prices - Allowed me to merc many random items vended cheap by sellers. However, this new format is difficult to browse and you have to individually locate items.

Is there a way to use Ragial more effectively or get the old percentage wise price sorted list?

#2 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

Working as intended.

#3 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

It worked differently the last time I played (over a year ago).

The vend items were displayed in the descending order of percentage cheapness from the median. For example a 1z white pot would be at the top of the list with a (-95% percentage stat)

Right now it alphabetically lists the items in vends. Popular items are also displayed in some kind of popularity order.

The Buying Items are displayed in the manner I was familiar with. But Vending items use the new method.

Edited by Xord, 05 January 2018 - 03:07 PM.

#4 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

previous system was beeing exploited with 1z Adverstisement Shops ¬¬' (shops from players that have max zeny and you cant buy the item), some stuff were actually fixed on the site, like, you can actually search for refinement and get refined items, instead of a bunch of random items.

#5 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

previous system was beeing exploited with 1z Adverstisement Shops ¬¬' (shops from players that have max zeny and you cant buy the item), some stuff were actually fixed on the site, like, you can actually search for refinement and get refined items, instead of a bunch of random items.

I remember those guys, sad they ruined an easier system ><. I cannot merc with this system. Those Random items helped me grow. I used to buy cheap vends and sell em higher. However, its impossible to keep track of so many popular items. It seems the Overseas packages added a ton of popular gear.

Shame the game doesn't let people buy items and vendors to lose zeny if they have hit the max. Those 1z elites would have never existed.

Edited by Xord, 05 January 2018 - 03:14 PM.

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

Inb4
“Bring back cheap section”

#7 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Inb4
“Bring back cheap section”

No idea what are you getting at mate. Just spamming your post count or something?

#8 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

No idea what are you getting at mate. Just spamming your post count or something?

That was the aim of your post right? If not then just go along with the flow. Ragial or no ragial just pick one.

#9 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

of course i am

#10 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

Use tag

#11 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

That was the aim of your post right? If not then just go along with the flow. Ragial or no ragial just pick one.

The aim was to ask if there was a way to see the old section. Its fine if it isn't - That question was answered till the troll. I never asked for anything. Assumptions are unhealthy in discussions.

@yongkySH Tried using those. The tags are lost every time I reset my router. I guess those only work for static ip addresses.

Edited by Xord, 06 January 2018 - 09:34 AM.

#12 mrmagoriumm

mrmagoriumm

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:15 AM

The cheap section helped everyone grow unfairly, because not everyone knows of ragial, least of all new players.

You can still look up items you are interested in and the items are still shown with the percentage from the median.  It's only marginally more work.  The fact that ragial exists is already an exploit - I don't know of other games that would even list items for sale complete with current prices and vend history.  The old old days, in order to buy low/sell high you literally had to walk through the streets yourself and clicked on every shop.

#13 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:01 AM

The old old days, in order to buy low/sell high you literally had to walk through the streets yourself and clicked on every shop.

e65.gif

#14 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Wouldn't really be that difficult to program something that could output the same data as the old cheap section.

Would just be slow...request treshold on Ragial is quite low. Can easily get temp blocked by merely opening a few pages too quick.

#15 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

The cheap section helped everyone grow unfairly, because not everyone knows of ragial, least of all new players.

You can still look up items you are interested in and the items are still shown with the percentage from the median.  It's only marginally more work.  The fact that ragial exists is already an exploit - I don't know of other games that would even list items for sale complete with current prices and vend history.  The old old days, in order to buy low/sell high you literally had to walk through the streets yourself and clicked on every shop.

Was there in the old days(Been playing on and off since Beta days), did that too.

Lots of games have functional auction houses and in game sales interface. People can merc without external tools.

It wasn't unfair, it was simply knowledge that helped. Just as its now. Besides all new players were directed to Ragial.

With time technology improves. Old days give away to new days.

#16 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:52 AM

22k0ad.jpg

#17 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:35 AM

Perhaps Ragi.al should have a minimum price for items to show up on their list, filtering out malicious sellers trying to put their multi-billion items on the top for 1z which no one can buy at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users