January 10th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 10th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

93 replies to this topic

#1 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

ToqPRBk.gif

January 10th, 11:00AM - 6:00PM PST

We will also be doing Windows Security Updates which will extend this week's maintenance duration. Thank you for your understanding!

Update 6:15PM :  Opening by 7pm. If not earlier.

We needed to do the windows patches as it is a major security update.

Updates 

• Amistr Bag event and sales end
  • Rideword Quest and sales end
  • Our 2017 Christmas Quest and Christmas Exchanger ends

• Quest Updates   :chomok02:
    • The following skill quests become available:
      • Charge Attack
      • Sight Blaster
      • Phantasmic Arrow
      • Greed
      • Dubious Salesmanship
      • Sonic Acceleration
      • Venom Knife
      • Redemptio
      • Shrink
      • Create Elemental Converter
      • Elemental Change
      • Pang Voice Quest
      • Bioethics
      • Close Confine
      • Spiritual Bestowment
      • Excruciating Palm 
      • Charming Wink
  • Super Novice Job Change Quest becomes available
  • Juperos Dungeon becomes available
  • Eden Group Map becomes active with Silvervine NPCs moved to the map. They will no longer be in Prontera. Teleporters will be available in most towns to the Eden Group.
    • Re:Start specific NPC's (Silvervine, Amistr bagger etc.)  + Code the Redeemer are the only NPCs that will be available on this map right now
  • Bio Labs 3 Monsters
    • Last week we fixed the monster level disparity. We will examine the exp rewards this week
  • New Headgear Quests! 
    • Fish in Mouth (Free quest option / Paid option)
      • fnnQvGV.png
    • Dress Hat (Free quest option which requires MVP Brownie Points / Paid option)
      • EDv5eM9.png
  • Hunting Boards being introduced for the following locations. Hunting Boards only give an additional 50% exp when turned in, however they will reward a small amount of Silvervine that counts towards the per character monthly cap.
    • Glastheim (5 vine per turn in)
      Board Location: glast_01 (367, 308).
      Currently there is an issue with this board, it will be fixed on the next server restart.
    • Biolabs (7 vine per turn in)
      Board Location: Lighthalzen city (194, 161)

Events

• Snow Flowers Festival continues in Aldebaran until 1/17!
    • Find the dark secret behind the special snow flowers of Aldebaran. Visit the Festival Manager at 174 164 to get started.
    • Quest guide: Snow Flowers Festival (2017)

Cash Shop

• Costume Box Spooptacular
  • Costume Box 10: Dreamland
  • Costume Box 11: Creature Feature
  • Costume Box 12: Winter is Here
  • Costume Box 13
  • Costume Box 14: Stay Frosty *New!*
    Quick listing for the new costume box:
    Spoiler

Community

• Rally on RE:START livestream with CM Astra and JelloShaker Thursdays at 3:00PM PST!

Server Status: OPEN

*Silvervine System

Spoiler

Edited by VModCinnamon, 11 January 2018 - 04:56 AM.

#2 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

250 owl duke?
There are not that many in the world not counting the respawn time, that would take weeks to farm. Please reconsider this.

Will brownie points turn in remain in game? Just to be sure if i should turn all my items or not. Ty

Edited by Panteperu, 09 January 2018 - 04:16 PM.

#3 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

Owl Duke is a nightmare to found alive, and besides Dress Hat is a Priest Hat, i think is better put undead or demon monsters to kill, well is just my opinion.

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

250 owl duke?
There are not that many in the world not counting the respawn time, that would take weeks to farm. Please reconsider this.

Will brownie points turn in remain in game? Justo to be sure if i should turn all my items or not. Ty

Just as a note these quests always come with a spawn increase for the quest duration.

#5 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

Just as a note these quests always come with a spawn increase for the quest duration.

I hope be better than the ridewords...

Edit: Anyway, for those who are new players or old ones who dont remember this old hat, here is:

5211.png

A tiny and cute hat that can decorate a part of the head.
This hat, along with a pretty dress, makes the wearer want to go on a picnic.
Str +1, Int +1
MDef +7
Increases Atk, MAtk 2%, effectiveness of Heal skill +5%.

If upgraded to +7 or higher,
Additional Atk, MAtk  and Heal effectiveness +1%.

Class : Headgear    Defense : 3
Required Level : 20
Jobs : All

As you guys can see is a Priest Hat, of course can work with Monks (say good bye to +9 Marionette Dolls and say hi to overprice Carat Cards lel) but is still better for Priest.

Edited by Amongluttony, 09 January 2018 - 04:24 PM.

#6 keebkyu

keebkyu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

"Hunting Boards only give an additional 50% exp when turned in" Does this means, this turn in quest give 50% of your exp bar? I don't understand this part. Is it Like the one old valk server item/kill counts where monster exp is counted into consideration like for example, killing 100, 200, 300 x monster exp plus 50% more exp of monster exp? Please explain. . . Wow 3 point for this. . . . hat? Rideword hat was only 2. . . oh well hahahaha

Will the Npc for Amistr stay or leave? Or is it just the quest to acquire the bag?

Edited by keebkyu, 09 January 2018 - 05:49 PM.

#7 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

Holy smokes those are some tough quest. lol.

#8 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:07 PM

just change the monster to something else.

the best place to farm them is obviously going to be in alde baran guild dungeon, which will put certain people on the server at a higher advantage.

+ ~edit

remove the spawn timers in magma 2 and increase the spawn there. make it 300 nightmare terror instead of the stupid owl duke so it would give a reason for people to party/level there. alternatively, you could also change the 100 needle of alarm to something like 50 soft feathers.

Edited by bigbanks, 09 January 2018 - 06:16 PM.

#9 Calves

Calves

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Server:Restart

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

With regards to Amistr NPC, will it completely disappear with the enchant / reset option or is it just the quest part that will finish?

#10 KobayashiUke

KobayashiUke

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

"Hunting Boards only give an additional 50% exp when turned in" Does this means, this turn in quest give 50% of your exp bar? I don't understand this part. Is it Like the one old valk server item/kill counts where monster exp is counted into consideration like for example, killing 100, 200, 300 x monster exp plus 50% more exp of monster exp? Please explain. . . Wow 3 point for this. . . . hat? Rideword hat was only 2. . . oh well hahahaha

Will the Npc for Amistr stay or leave? Or is it just the quest to acquire the bag?

Mean you will gain 50% total exp for those monster you kill, example:

Quest: Kill 100 x monsters, total exp gain (soloing) for all are 1M base EXP, then the board will reward you with only 500k (of course still dont say if the bounty board will be like the renewal chaos one, where if you are VIP give you the option to give you both Base and Job exp into base or job at your choise)

With regards to Amistr NPC, will it completely disappear with the enchant / reset option or is it just the quest part that will finish?

Will be the same before re-enable the option to take more bags, mean the NPC will still give the option to enchant the bag but you cant made more of those bags.

#11 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

I have a feeling doke cards are about to skyrocket.. Those owls hit like freight trains. >_>

#12 UrsaMinor1

UrsaMinor1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

I already mentioned this In the good morning thread, but please consider adding in a new raffle! With the new headgear, prices for elunium will explode (they already rose after the announcement of the new hat)!!! A steady supply of ores will keep the prices at least somewhat stable.

Edited by UrsaMinor1, 09 January 2018 - 08:08 PM.

#13 KobayashiUke

KobayashiUke

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

I already mentioned this In the good morning thread but please consider adding in a new raffle! With the new head prices for elunium will explode (they already rose after the announcement of the new hat)!!! A steady supply of ores will keep the prices at least somewhat stable.

Elu Chaos: 13K~17K

Elu Odin: 850K~900K

is time to farm elus  :pif:

#14 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

yuno_fild05 also needs teleport to be enabled

#15 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

Elu Chaos: 13K~17K

Elu Odin: 850K~900K

is time to farm elus  :pif:

That kind of has to do with us giving them a use via the silvervine system. Renewal doesn't consume them in the same manner so they don't have the same use.

#16 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

I like when quests are difficult it's motivation for ppl making party. Now priests if we want the hat better we organize some parties and make it interesting. If they try to do something like undead monster will only motivate to make priest solo TU... and bots... I used to kill owls with a wiz friend and it was fun. Problem would be the respawn.. I hope the increase is for real.
Thanks.

Yes make Raphael come back she was my best friend <3. But if she is not coming back it is good for newbies too... they can farm clocks for the needles and the elus and make some zeny for themselves.

I buy elus btw x)

Edited by Cyncienta, 09 January 2018 - 11:17 PM.

#17 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

That kind of has to do with us giving them a use via the silvervine system. Renewal doesn't consume them in the same manner so they don't have the same use.

So are you saying that the price is reasonable in Odin? Are you not least bit concerned about the inflation and the billions and billions of zeny in bot accounts floating around waiting to be purchased at 100M per 4 USD? 

Edited by rhexis, 09 January 2018 - 11:21 PM.

#18 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:24 PM

Yup i know, and that is my point, here in RE:Start everything in-game have still a use thanks to the silvervine system and thats why the in-game content dont feel like useless at all, but Renewal chaos there is no point to use elus outside upgrade any gear from +0 to +4.

#19 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

So are you saying that the price is reasonable in Odin? Are you not least bit concerned about the inflation and the billions and billions of zeny in bot accounts floating around waiting to be purchased at 100M per 4 USD?

I've seen ur concern in your posts. There is no solution to botting problem. They asked to Gravity for a ground solution. Gravity said no and smiled x)

They have to find patch solutions *RaphaelILoveYou*

Cheer up my friend XP

#20 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:23 AM

What is the per character monthly cap?

#21 Blingazinga

Blingazinga

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:07 AM

Where is the new hat quester?  How do you get to eden group?  Where are the hunting boards?

#22 Gionn

Gionn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:16 AM

Anti-bot system? Please?

#23 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:28 AM

wow good thing i have aqua mantle and have a level 88 sader , but i hope there is a gm roaming in byalan island

#24 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

Anti-bot system? Please?

What is the point?

They will be spending money for something that will not work.

I think the GM's are doing a great job clearing the bots that do not respond.

Keep up the good work!

#25 Grinbald

Grinbald

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:32 AM

Yup i know, and that is my point, here in RE:Start everything in-game have still a use thanks to the silvervine system and thats why the in-game content dont feel like useless at all, but Renewal chaos there is no point to use elus outside upgrade any gear from +0 to +4.

Actually there is no point on upgrading items here on RE:Start, only if they are weapons or equips that has a benefit when refined, like rideword hat.... The damage reduction increased by refinement is just stupid for the price of elu now, just does not worh buying it. For example, a Coat[1] gives you 6,5% damage reduction on +0, if you upgrade it to +10, it will give you +9%, see the point? Only 2,5% damage reduction more...

Edited by Grinbald, 10 January 2018 - 05:17 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users