• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

Hi, just wondering what happened to it, because it seems that there hasn't been any update for a while.

Without Ragial.com, now I have to manually click on each vendor and find the stuff I want. (I would read the store name, but many times the name doesn't help) I mean, look at this vendor I saw a couple days ago in Prontera, it's just foul.....

http://img11.imageho...1433621_abc.jpg

:D

#2 Robotica

Robotica

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

What I don't understand is the fact that the Valk portion doesn't seem to be in operation but the Ymir is.

To answer your question, there are dry spells every once in a while. I wish Gravity would run some kind of thing that Ragial does, because it would probably be more reliable and dare I say legit.

As for the merchants shop name, just file a report.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

I would like to see a different one come into play as well. There are a lot of things Ragial is not good for. Going off the average price is never a good idea, because it tends to get manipulated by grossly overpriced or underpriced items. It's also not very good about coming up with the exact item you want. For instance, I searched "Ora Ora" and got every item with "Ora" ANYWHERE in the name.

That being said, it's the only one that's in operation right now, so definitely need it back. Went down during maintenance on Thursday and never came back for Valkyrie.

#4 stabzz

stabzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationIn your moms bed

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

Also half the time you check ragail the shop isn't even there anymore. I miss prontera.ru.

#5 suken46

suken46

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

I noticed the other day i had a shop open for several hours and i didn't sell anything. I checked ragial and my vend wasnt listed. Ragial isnt only important for consumers trying to find a specific item, but important to vendors who want there shop to be found. I mean how many people actually window shop nowadays?

#6 Canada

Canada

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 252 posts
  • Location[ Valkyrie ] Over your dead body in PVP =)

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

Also half the time you check ragail the shop isn't even there anymore. I miss prontera.ru.

:unsure:

#7 Canada

Canada

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 252 posts
  • Location[ Valkyrie ] Over your dead body in PVP =)

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

I noticed the other day i had a shop open for several hours and i didn't sell anything. I checked ragial and my vend wasnt listed. Ragial isnt only important for consumers trying to find a specific item, but important to vendors who want there shop to be found. I mean how many people actually window shop nowadays?

a lot :unsure:

#8 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

I do it, but I hate doing it, because with those stupid-arse spambots, my mouse click isn't very smooth. I think Ragial is important, because by the time you finish clicking every store, new ones have opened, and when you want to compare prices, the old ones have closed.

:unsure:

#9 mrshovel

mrshovel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:21 AM

A portion of Ragial's back-end is against the terms of use for Ragnarok Online. It requires a form of botting to record vendor pricing. Not to say I didn't appreciate the service, it used to be very helpful for locating items to purchase. However I wouldn't anticipate it's functional life to be long term under any circumstances.

#10 Emichio

Emichio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

A portion of Ragial's back-end is against the terms of use for Ragnarok Online. It requires a form of botting to record vendor pricing. Not to say I didn't appreciate the service, it used to be very helpful for locating items to purchase. However I wouldn't anticipate it's functional life to be long term under any circumstances.

there was a point when using such site wudve been illegal itself xD, but now everything is ok.

#11 Emichio

Emichio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:45 PM

IF you rely ONLY on ragial to do your shopping you are gonna miss some good deals.

#12 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

IF you rely ONLY on ragial to do your shopping you are gonna miss some good deals.

That's true, Ragial isn't "real time". Sometimes you can find really good deals that have not yet been put on Ragial. HOWEVER, since most of store names are not very self-explanatory, it's like playing the lotto, you just have to be lucky enough to click on the right store name and find the stuff you want.

I mean, look at this shop name, what do you think she's selling??
http://img11.imageho...1433621_abc.jpg

#13 Hanz

Hanz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationCalfornia

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

I'm guessing she's selling services?

#14 Varekai

Varekai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

Very questionable services...

****Warning****
This shop is not intended for very young consumers. Parental guidance is recommended.
Some services may contain nudity, violence, destructive language. If you are under 18,
Please turn around and run. If you are under 18 and caught browsing these services,
You will be arrested and detained. You will be tried in the court of law.

#15 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

Without Ragial.com, now I have to manually click on each vendor and find the stuff I want.

God forbid, you actually have to go and do something yourselfâ?¦

I do it, but I hate doing it, because with those stupid-arse spambots, my mouse click isn't very smooth.

Try using /sh. :p_devil:

#16 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

It's so you can't see how many Elemental Damascus are being sold to Bots.

Because otherwise you could literally see (example) 50 damascus sold, and count the new bots being made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users