WP needs a Developer. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

WP needs a Developer.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#26 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

lets find a way to help Mr. Campitor so he can clone himself 5 times. 

#27 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

I hope WP will do something after this shytty OCP14 revenue.

Hey, anyone listening? Check ur book by end of month!

#28 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

As long as players continue to pay for broken content, why fix what isn't broken? ;)

#29 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:29 PM

I would also venture to guess that "development" would be a nearly impossible task for any new person brought on. The game is so old at this point the environment the game is built on is probably horribly antiquated / undocumented.

Take the daily quest cooldown timer issue. Campitor took a look at it when it was bugged and did the most he could. But the resources weren't there to actually fix the game. The solution is a work around based on what few levers there are to be pulled. For further support devs in HQ would need to step in. But that request would probably be sitting somewhere in the middle of a pile of other requests that are broken / unfixable.

Even renewal (post skill balance) is old enough to have none of the original developers working at the company anymore. Especially considering the company has lost 30+ headcount over the last 3 years, not counting people who left & were replaced.

#30 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:29 PM

As long as players continue to pay for broken content, why fix what isn't broken? ;)

Pretty much.

I would also venture to guess that "development" would be a nearly impossible task for any new person brought on. The game is so old at this point the environment the game is built on is probably horribly antiquated / undocumented.

Take the daily quest cooldown timer issue. Campitor took a look at it when it was bugged and did the most he could. But the resources weren't there to actually fix the game. The solution is a work around based on what few levers there are to be pulled. For further support devs in HQ would need to step in. But that request would probably be sitting somewhere in the middle of a pile of other requests that are broken / unfixable.

Even renewal (post skill balance) is old enough to have none of the original developers working at the company anymore. Especially considering the company has lost 30+ headcount over the last 3 years, not counting people who left & were replaced.

Scripts are easy, they have working scripts from early stages of the game. So many references to go back to to spot check a script.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 11 January 2018 - 11:30 PM.

#31 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

But why can't changes be made to the core RO servers? They're obviously against pre-Renewal servers, but I don't see why they couldn't just update Renewal with Revo-Classic mechanics. Instead of advertising what is essentially the same game with all these convoluted names, just update the darn base game.

After I observed Zero changelog for a while.
They adjust skill mechanism based on the mistake of revo classic servers.
Such as cripple trap hunter who currently dominate revo classic by add fixed casting time to all trap skills.
Or remove cast limit of Suffragium and change this skill to party buff to make priest more viable in large party (include buff increase agi, blessing, angelus, etc).

They also plan to change effect of card that cripple mages for era, GTB. :o

Edited by Sigma1, 11 January 2018 - 11:44 PM.

#32 Svoike

Svoike

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

Re:start server hadnt never a hype. It was full of bots. Many player leave re:start because of the bots,p2w and money train(lots of costume boxes)

#33 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:43 AM

Revo-Classic
RE:START
Ragnarok: Zero

Just toss them out and just tweak RAGNAROK ONLINE because it's been in dire need of tweaks for years. The only Zero that makes sense in all this is that there's ZERO REASONS WHY THE PLAYERBASE NEEDS TO BE DIVIDED FURTHER!

#34 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:10 AM

Lets all unite at Ragnarok Renewal :)

#35 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

If they are hiring and the salary is good, I dont mind applying for a developer job there. I am mostly a C# and PHP developer, and it seems that RO uses C++ and Lua. But programming languages are easier to grab and this should be the least obstacle for anyone. I may hate manual memory management, but other than that I should be pretty comfortable with a Developer Job.

:p_hi:

#36 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:37 AM

Logging in to backup this petition. We, the players, care.

Specific OCP stuff is already hard to get with all the RNG... that on top of that things come broken, nerfed or incomplete it is simply not ok. No 2 ways around it.

Every box comes with items that are not working. Then it is time for our staff to run and fix what they can/care. It is becoming a blatant habit at this point. Lackluster is the new black, shame and decency are out of the door already for a long while. Like seriously care for the quality of your work/game/items/distribution agreeement whatever you do for a paycheck. 

And yes, we are paying for a random chance at your mess.

I proposed a gear section to keep track of the piles of things that dont work as intended. Nothing happened, no surprises. It is always easier to look sideways. 

If you manage to invest any resources into this, please spend 15 minutes fixing Granny boxter as well, black shiba inu hats and sprint sets are not boxterable. 1 year and counting.

Tired of asking you to do better...

As a final note or sidenote, not even touching OCP 14 until there is ample evidence of all the things that dont work. Community gets to guinea pig stuff, cause that is all we can rely on at this stage. Hopefully other players will start caring for what they pay as well and acting based on that.

#37 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:18 AM

WP is too poor to afford a programmer

#38 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:49 AM

Lets face it, WP is good when it comes to milking $$$ on your pockets. Some ocp gears are still bug for almost one year. Incompetent Staffs at its Finest.

#39 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

This year will be a focus on bug fixes and minor updates due to kRO saying we can't get as many major updates. Currently my team is dealing with end of year paperwork (You would be amazed at the sheer amount of the stuff.) but once that is cleared off our plate we will be throwing ourselves full force into cleaning up the lingering issues.

#40 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:05 AM

Are Brasilis and Moskovia Cards included in the "minor updates" package?

(Please say yes, please say yes...)

#41 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

This... We need Mavka Card and Headless Mule Card, plz bring them in as minor updates from kRO.

#42 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

This year will be a focus on bug fixes and minor updates due to kRO saying we can't get as many major updates. Currently my team is dealing with end of year paperwork (You would be amazed at the sheer amount of the stuff.) but once that is cleared off our plate we will be throwing ourselves full force into cleaning up the lingering issues.

Is there any plan on rebalancing classes and gears?

#43 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

Revo-Classic
RE:START
Ragnarok: Zero

Just toss them out and just tweak RAGNAROK ONLINE because it's been in dire need of tweaks for years. The only Zero that makes sense in all this is that there's ZERO REASONS WHY THE PLAYERBASE NEEDS TO BE DIVIDED FURTHER!

But you are one of the zero's, and if you aren't the one that makes sense....@-@ paradoxxxxxx

Perhaps this is a chance to put in a request to kRO to loosen their grips and allow us to form a little more in-house content? Could be worth asking them if we can make some custom content to make up for lack of content they will be giving us this year.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 12 January 2018 - 12:39 PM.

#44 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

Is there any plan on rebalancing classes and gears?

Yeah, RO Zero is the plan  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#45 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

Demeris practically summed it up.  as long as players keep spending real money in OCP stuff, no matter how bugged it is, they won't give two figs.  OCP items are both the tip of the iceberg and the salt in the wound as we have issues regarding bug fixes that never come, missing patches, way too delayed contents.

We are playing a broken thing.  Some of us are driven by nostalgia, others by the sheer amount of money spent.

I don't blame iRO's staff, I know they're too few and they have to stretch themselves too far but the fact that iRO needs permission from kRO for even the slightest thing is upsetting, specially because kRO gives the vibe that they really don't care.

Edited by Erydanos, 12 January 2018 - 04:46 PM.

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

But you are one of the zero's, and if you aren't the one that makes sense....@-@ paradoxxxxxx

:|

#47 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

I wouldn't mind doing dev content. I have the experience and the certs. Plus I always wanted to live in cali for up to 5 years ^.^ just release the job application and I'll apply.

#48 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Yeah, RO Zero is the plan :heh: :heh: :heh:

You mean they have 'Zero' plans for anything. :u

#49 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:02 AM

well if this year IRO manages to fix things that were implemented 4 years ago and clear the missing stuff until 2014 i would be really grateful, especially this change:

"Added item move function where pressing 'Alt + Right Click' on the desired item will move the item between inventory, storage, cart, trade, or vend creation window. (March 28th, 2012)", i desperately need this.

Edited by vividort, 13 January 2018 - 04:09 AM.

#50 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

well if this year IRO manages to fix things that were implemented 4 years ago and clear the missing stuff until 2014 i would be really grateful

Problem is iRO depends on kRO for most of the fixes, while kRO doesn't seem to care and at the same time refuses iRO the ability to tackle this stuff by itself.

OCP is clearly a milking cow strategy and they can't even care to make it right, sending items with bugs, changed effects and horrible descriptions.

We are getting 3 mayor updates this year 100% sure, but the other fixes and stuff iRO requested along with them are all dependent of kRO's decisions/whims.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users