• 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

DSPatchNotes.png

Maintenance Notes
Patch Version 0.6.30, Game Version: 10.2.0.17

Server Maintenance
2018-1-17, 12:00 Server Time

Note: Patch notes are subject to change.

DS-Events.png

Galaxia Star Stone Drop Event
The Galaxia Star Stone Drop Mini Event will end.

Parchment Wing Box Mini Drop Event
A parchment Wing Box Mini Drop Event has been added.
Collect 100 "Likes" (the like is a monster world drop) and exchange them together with 50 Gada Coins for a Parchment Wing Box. This event runs until January, 24th.

DS-Changes.png

Emporia War Changes

Core HP
- the Core HP has been increased by x15

Respawn Delay
- when a player respawns on the respawn island after being killed there is a 5 seconds delay before the location selection window appears. Island selection is not possible during this delay. It can be used for buffing or using items.

Surprise Mission and Point changes
- the new point requirement to obtain the core attack phase has been increased to 250 (before: 100)
- every kill gives 10 Points (before: 2)
- class specific missions (for example Defeat 1 Warrior) will only appear if the particular class is available in the opposing team (this is also the case for BSQ)
- the points for every quest have been reduced to focus Emporia War Battles more on PvP than on RNG

EWMissionPts.jpg

General Updates

- a client stability update has been implemented for PCs having CPUs with more than 8 cores/threads.
- the missing Party Break In feature has been added to the Snowy Mountain and Forest Glade Mission Maps

#2 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

i apreciate the effort you put into Emporia war, but wouldnt it be better to give the core an hp scaling like the expert dungeon, for this you would have to change that if you leave / disconnect during emporia you cant rejoin but if you increase the hp of the core by this much it is almost impossible for smaller guilds to take it down if they manage to get the attack.

It is good that you give Emporia more of a Kill focus than the quest focus but in my opinion it is not the right time for this, magician are dominating in the current era, especially the tank ones. How are you supposed to kill even 1 magician if 10 of them are in the enemy team and can heal themself, even tho the heals are reduced it is pretty hard to take them down and making Emporia a more kill focus thing will only embrace those full tank healers which still deal tons of dmg due to element damage.

The changes you do are good, they are actually making Emporia more of a challenge than before but i think how it is now will just put any smaller guild in a disadvantage, especially now that the mercs got disabled, those changes would have been perfect if the mercs would still be there.

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

Thank you for your feedback.

A scaling core HP wouldn't be a bad idea but how the current emporia war game mode is working it would not be really fair:

If none of the teams can take the whole core down the team wins whose core has more HP left. If there would be cores with different HPs because of a different number of players in the particular team (for example) this mechanism wouldn't work anymore.

This will for sure not be the last change we will be doing for Emporia War. 

Please let's see how it works out for now and we would also appreciate feedback how it worked out after the upcoming weekend. 

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

The merc system always leads to a controversial discussion. A pro for a merc system would be that small guilds can be supported but there are a lot of contras like the difficulty to prevent that the merc system is abused. It makes no sense for a small guild if no one is willing to merc for them because a specific group of people are always (ab)using the merc system just to push guilds through which they have sympathy for. That does not make it easier for all other small guilds - the result could be the opposite: that 2 small guilds would have been fought against each other but one of the is supported while the other isn't. That makes it the same disappointing for the guild which wasn't supported. Please don't think I want to cause any drama here. It just what we observed during all the time of emporia war. So please don't start to bash on anyone just because I stated some facts.

The whole way Emporia War is implemented and how the mode works is not small-guild friendly. One reason is the wide scale of the amount of possible players who can participate for their guild. The team size can be 1~25 and to be honest how shall a 1-man-guild (or even maybe 5 when there would mercs be allowed) win against 25 people. I know that is an example where I used extremes but it was just to show how weird this implementation finally is.

Emporia War has been implemented the way that people want to create big guilds with the best of the best gear and in my personal opinion this was intended from the beginning. 

Emporia War is suffering from a lot of problems - not to mention the dragon defense battles - which have to be solved. This is definitely not an easy task. We keep all options open to work on Emporia War in the future.

#5 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

General Updates

- a client stability update has been implemented for PCs having CPUs with more than 8 cores/threads.

what do you mean by stability. less crash? or less lag in large player area?

my pc is a 8 Core, 3.5Gth'z  and i got a other one with 12 Core.  3.2

So i know what to check after the patch. i normaly dont crash offen, but i get from wierd slow down when i put my character in the Windia farm for 1h more the game start to super slow down fast.

will the change make it i would be able to stay longer with out the slow down.

Well xD i will test it after the patch it done tomorrow. :p_hi:

Edited by zirothos, 16 January 2018 - 05:11 PM.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

There was a bug in the original code that resulted in random crashes when using a CPU with more than 8 cores. But a slow down could also be possible. Please let us know if you notice any changes regarding your problems :)

#7 josealfredoh

josealfredoh

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

just a few points to think about:

• will EW now be dominated by mages and summoners too? since it takes pretty long to kill an invoker with heals on, even in BSQ
  • lowering points for skills all good and fine, but increasing points for killing up to 10?.. meh
  • i think EW isnt now anymore about luck, but does that mean its more about skill? Or is it just the question of who got the better geared mages and summoner in his team?
  • since dying gives now the opponent team 10 points at once, you are basically forced to take healing classes with you, in your empo build, is that intended?
  • taking "weaker" player with you is now even a greater risk since they cant make up for their low gear anyomre.
  • "weaker" guilds got now slapped twice since they cant turn on mercs anymore.
  • if you compare how fast an invoker/ summoner kills other player/classes with the same equip and ele cards equipped with any other non mage or drakan class you will see a huge difference. also they die way slower than other classes.

i think giving kills and quests the same reward in points would be much more fair, or buffing the other classes to a level that they can kill an invoker within 15 seconds.

Edited by josealfredoh, 16 January 2018 - 05:47 PM.

#8 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

"- the new point requirement to obtain the core attack phase has been increased to 250 (before: 100)"

Since the amount of points and core hp  have increased will the time limit increase as well? If so, how much?

A good change to 1 star and 2 star dragon defense would be to isolate dragon defense to one island and increase the dragons health points. If this is possible defending 1 and 2 star castle would no longer be a dream but a reality for both big and small guilds.

These are some interesting changes. Great work.

Edited by stiffyliffyriffy, 16 January 2018 - 06:37 PM.

#9 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

i apreciate the effort you put into Emporia war, but wouldnt it be better to give the core an hp scaling like the expert dungeon, for this you would have to change that if you leave / disconnect during emporia you cant rejoin but if you increase the hp of the core by this much it is almost impossible for smaller guilds to take it down if they manage to get the attack.
It is good that you give Emporia more of a Kill focus than the quest focus but in my opinion it is not the right time for this, magician are dominating in the current era, especially the tank ones. How are you supposed to kill even 1 magician if 10 of them are in the enemy team and can heal themself, even tho the heals are reduced it is pretty hard to take them down and making Emporia a more kill focus thing will only embrace those full tank healers which still deal tons of dmg due to element damage.
The changes you do are good, they are actually making Emporia more of a challenge than before but i think how it is now will just put any smaller guild in a disadvantage, especially now that the mercs got disabled, those changes would have been perfect if the mercs would still be there.

I think killing an enemy vs poke enemy with one skill and island hop deserves more points. As you can see Popcorn accounted for this. I don’t normally agree with a lot of the the things he does but this does seem fair.

Also, I don’t agree with 5 second mini island. Maybe 10 seconds. Also, i would consider certain heal items be allowed again maybe class specific to prevent easy killings of non heal class and prevent overhealing of other class.

Core hp buff at 15x is good, but i think more might be necessary. for example at 2nd core attk, all attack dmg cut to 50%.

15 sec island hop prevention work fine this ew.
I will think about other issues that may arise.

#10 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:53 PM

one last thing i just remember. drakan and human will give 10 point by killing now?. because before the drakan and the human class was not the same. one was 1 and the other 2.

#11 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

Wow Popcorn great changes  :D

People were getting way to comfortable just jumping wildly into a group of people knowing if they got killed it'd basically mean nothing bad for them just so they can land a random skill for a ton of points, but now people have to actually be cautious. Finally defeating someone in combat actually contributes a good amount.

Looking forward to adapting to these changes 

Edited by Starkespada1, 16 January 2018 - 07:01 PM.

#12 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

As a reminder. Hp restore and slow heals and other heals in ew with other players. It seems many of you forget this. Perhaps very use to just poking and run all the time.

Perhaps instant heal can be allow at lower hp restore rate?

#13 mcmartos001

mcmartos001

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

uhh..wheres the npc to exchange parchment wing? u didnt indicate in the patch..

#14 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

How come a defeat 1 enemy quest gives 3 points but the defeat 3 enemies quest only gives 5? And 5 is the same points with the quest to defeat one specific class (they say defeat all warriors for example but you only need to defeat any warrior one time) while this quest defeat 3 enemies is kinda the hardest quest in the game but the points for it is the same as many other easy quests like skill quests

What is the respawn intended for? If it's so players can use buffs and items then why don't you just increase the time to choose area before they got pushed to a random area? Normally if someone dies, they receive the 3 seconds invincible aura that allows them to have a second chance safely, by doing it then the 3s invincible aura will be for nothing?

Giving more points to each kill is good but the balance between points and kills is needed too. 10 points for each kills can considered to be a bit much.

Last part you guys quite encourage the guilds to stick with their strategy "spawn camp" by increasing the island teleporting cooldown to 15s which is too much. Now the points for kills are even more and with the new respawn delay (no more invincible aura) people will be more likely to only stay in one island and never move. Imagine if someone goes to enemy island => step on the camp and die => respawn and no more invincible aura => go to enemy island again to do quest => die again because no more invincible aura.

The core hp is maybe too much but good for testing, I can't wait to give feedback again after this week's ew.

Overall it's good but need some adjustments. Thank you for taking care of EW now.

#15 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:The One With A Dragon On

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

I know that the changes aren't final and that more changes will occur after it's been experienced, but I personally don't think making kills give you 10 points is the way to go. No one is gonna go for quests anymore since the backdraw of dying once or twice is gonna go heavily in the enemies favor. The games are most likely gonna drag on for ages since the 250 points needed instead of 100 and everyone is just gonna stay in a single area to avoid the enemies as much as possible unless they are mages or summoners. Every class was viable in Emporia but if it's changed into a kill heavy system that is quickly gonna change.

These are just my speculations on the point changes that were made and I also think that the core could be reworked instead of just buffing the HP. The scaling that was mentioned might not be that bad if it's done right cause it's once again gonna favor classes that are really good at single target damage, mainly Invoker and Summoner.

I'm sure that there will be more changes coming up, just wanted to give my point of view since almost every other area in the game is dominated by Invokers and Summoners and it would be nice to have something that other classes could perform just as good as those even when not getting kills.

P.S I know that all classes can get kills but I'm talking from a general point of view that these are the two classes that can get kills the most, right after that would be destroyer and so on. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong as these are just my opinions.

EDIT: I was wondering if you are trying to make Emporia into a gamemode where the timer runs out from this quote: 

If none of the teams can take the whole core down the team wins whose core has more HP left. If there would be cores with different HPs because of a different number of players in the particular team (for example) this mechanism wouldn't work anymore.

Because the game is about 20-30 mins max and that rarely ever happens, if this were to become a regular occurrence it would just be very time consuming and with the points being cut off by half and kills buffed 5x the action in the games are gonna be close to nothing unless the whole team is made up of fully geared monster characters.

I can't experience the changes since we have the 2* castle at the moment but I hope that the other guilds will share how they think and feel so that they can point out what they think is good, bad or missing. This is all I have to say for now since I won't know exactly how it's gonna end up being like. My predictions are stated above but only time will tell.

Edited by Yuumikitsu, 16 January 2018 - 10:17 PM.

#16 TheLittleGrey

TheLittleGrey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

just a few points to think about:

• will EW now be dominated by mages and summoners too? since it takes pretty long to kill an invoker with heals on, even in BSQ
  • lowering points for skills all good and fine, but increasing points for killing up to 10?.. meh
  • i think EW isnt now anymore about luck, but does that mean its more about skill? Or is it just the question of who got the better geared mages and summoner in his team?
  • since dying gives now the opponent team 10 points at once, you are basically forced to take healing classes with you, in your empo build, is that intended?
  • taking "weaker" player with you is now even a greater risk since they cant make up for their low gear anyomre.
  • "weaker" guilds got now slapped twice since they cant turn on mercs anymore.
  • if you compare how fast an invoker/ summoner kills other player/classes with the same equip and ele cards equipped with any other non mage or drakan class you will see a huge difference. also they die way slower than other classes.

i think giving kills and quests the same reward in points would be much more fair, or buffing the other classes to a level that they can kill an invoker within 15 seconds.

+1, Try to care about Warriors Classes Popcorn please :D, Overlords like me are all frustrated about their lack of power. Even tough i'm +20.

Btw, the relogging is still a problem, maybe it'll would be interesting to remove the possibily to leave and join empo again during a game ? 

By increasing the island teleporting cooldown to 15s,  the guilds will stick with their spawn camp strategy...maybe 15s is a little too much.

Anyways, Thank you for taking care of EW, Good changes ! :D

Edited by TheLittleGrey, 16 January 2018 - 10:26 PM.

#17 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

How come a defeat 1 enemy quest gives 3 points but the defeat 3 enemies quest only gives 5? And 5 is the same points with the quest to defeat one specific class (they say defeat all warriors for example but you only need to defeat any warrior one time) while this quest defeat 3 enemies is kinda the hardest quest in the game but the points for it is the same as many other easy quests like skill quests

What is the respawn intended for? If it's so players can use buffs and items then why don't you just increase the time to choose area before they got pushed to a random area? Normally if someone dies, they receive the 3 seconds invincible aura that allows them to have a second chance safely, by doing it then the 3s invincible aura will be for nothing?

Giving more points to each kill is good but the balance between points and kills is needed too. 10 points for each kills can considered to be a bit much.

Last part you guys quite encourage the guilds to stick with their strategy "spawn camp" by increasing the island teleporting cooldown to 15s which is too much. Now the points for kills are even more and with the new respawn delay (no more invincible aura) people will be more likely to only stay in one island and never move. Imagine if someone goes to enemy island => step on the camp and die => respawn and no more invincible aura => go to enemy island again to do quest => die again because no more invincible aura.

The core hp is maybe too much but good for testing, I can't wait to give feedback again after this week's ew.

Overall it's good but need some adjustments. Thank you for taking care of EW now.

So you demand invincible aura so you can get poke skill then run away? I disagree and I think this is wrong way to play any pvp game.

Also, the respawn time popcorn increase to 5 seconds is the mini island you spawn on after death. You can now just use it longer for buffs and items. I disagree with 5 seconds. I think 10 seconds is better.

Team work in ew is so limited right now to camping and skill poking is so bad. Even BSQ is more balanced with team play. In EW you can heal teamates and use aoe buffs etc that you can’t in bsq. Don’t want your team to die? Heal them and support instead of poking for points and hopping island. It seems over the years many of you have forgotten this.

Also, with streamline changes to missions that was posted, many unwanted missions was changed or removed. So you can really get lucky with back to back missions. I think this more than makes up for 1 kill as I expect a lot of players will be using heal items and maxing out resistance and health stats.

I agree with the majority of changes and looking forward to the new challenges that EW will bring.

One more thing- are ew rewards be boosted now? And how about dragon defense?

#18 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:The One With A Dragon On

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Btw, the relogging is still a problem, maybe it'll would be interesting to remove the possibily to leave and join empo again during a game ? 

The problem with this is if someone crashes mid-game due to a glitch with mostly chain combos. It usually happens at least once every Emporia game (in the teams, not the individual). If there is a way to block it when it happens a 2nd time it could be good.

#19 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

Yeah 15 seconds + 5s spawn delay that destroy the 3s invincible aura after dead + 10 points per kill will just encourage the guilds to keep their spawn camp strategy and worse now they will rarely or never change island at all

The spawn delay is totally not necessary, if it's just so people can have more time to use buffs then increase the time they can be at the spawn point is already enough. The invincible aura was the only thing that can break through spawn camp

#20 Kaiwindx

Kaiwindx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:51 PM

With these changes all classes can go to EW without limiting themselves from which classes should go or not just to avoid opponents easier to do class attacking quest. With more classes variation means you have to hop around the island more just to find the specific class you have to attack for the quest. So guild that fight only with summoner/mage sure may have disadvantage since it's easier for the opponent to get and meet the class they need to attack or kill for quest. With the quest update it's pretty easy to keep finishing the quests unless you get killing quest which will be more challenging. It's pretty balance so far, either go with more class for quest gathering or just mage and summy for killing, but not balance for PVE and PVP aspect, you can have people who are max gear but they don't focus on HLT when they are just PVE guild which makes them easier to get killed, it's just make the emporia more for PVP.

Edited by Kaiwindx, 16 January 2018 - 11:57 PM.

#21 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

Yeah 15 seconds + 5s spawn delay that destroy the 3s invincible aura after dead + 10 points per kill will just encourage the guilds to keep their spawn camp strategy and worse now they will rarely or never change island at all

The spawn delay is totally not necessary, if it's just so people can have more time to use buffs then increase the time they can be at the spawn point is already enough. The invincible aura was the only thing that can break through spawn camp

Invincible aura makes sense if ALL hopper or spawner will get 3 sec aura to prevent spawn camping, BUT the player in aura cannot attack or use skills. This prevents the poking and run. Basically have all players who hop or spawn into new island with 3 sec red aura, but they cannot attack. The main benefit is they can escape from spawn camping and cannot poke and run without consequence.

Does this seem fair?

#22 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:22 AM

Invincible aura makes sense if ALL hopper or spawner will get 3 sec aura to prevent spawn camping, BUT the player in aura cannot attack or use skills. This prevents the poking and run. Basically have all players who hop or spawn into new island with 3 sec red aura, but they cannot attack. The main benefit is they can escape from spawn camping and cannot poke and run without consequence.

Does this seem fair?

They already can't poke then run without consequence because of this 15 seconds island teleporting cooldown, if the opponent guild is good at pvp they can catch that one single player easily and kill him again within 15s, if they're not good then he can escape, is that not true?

By doing the first move and sacrificing a dead to be able to break the spawn camp, the player should have the right to land the first attack while having invincible aura. A benefit to encourage people to move and fight/do quest, not to just camping in one island and not moving an inch. Now with the whole easy and do-able quest it's double benefit for campers because they can both kill an enemy to get 10 points + finish quest on that person. Is it fair?

#23 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:13 AM

They already can't poke then run without consequence because of this 15 seconds island teleporting cooldown, if the opponent guild is good at pvp they can catch that one single player easily and kill him again within 15s, if they're not good then he can escape, is that not true?

By doing the first move and sacrificing a dead to be able to break the spawn camp, the player should have the right to land the first attack while having invincible aura. A benefit to encourage people to move and fight/do quest, not to just camping in one island and not moving an inch. Now with the whole easy and do-able quest it's double benefit for campers because they can both kill an enemy to get 10 points + finish quest on that person. Is it fair?

I believe camping islands seems to be a hot topic. I am supporting one giant ew map if it can be done. Also, i don’t see how hit and run tactic is not possible even with 15 sec cooldown to island hop. It is possible as shown in the last week ew. And breaking through a spawn camp island is not a big issue as previously. Cooldown of skill has increased across the board, magnet range is greatly nerfed and anyone can walk out of it if times right. My suggestion before prevents spawn killing entirely. So no, what you suggest is not fair.

#24 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:12 AM

Didn't see this earlier so let me give some words to it now, answer in red.

So you demand invincible aura so you can get poke skill then run away? I disagree and I think this is wrong way to play any pvp game.

​So you demand to remove the invincible aura so you can just camp whole day and night at your island, no need to move an inch and achieve the victory? I disagree and I think this is wrong way to play any pvp game.

​Which kind of PvP is to stick to one island, do nothing than just spam your skills into an empty area and wait until your opponents land on?

​Besides, poking and running is a part of PvP in many many games. Let's say in this current situation when having 15s cooldown for island teleporting, after the enemy dies, comes back with invincible aura then "poke" as you said, then they will have to wait for whole 15s to be able to change the island again, within this 15s, it's whole depending on that player's moving/dodging skill to dodge and survive, it's PvP. If the opponent team is not skilled enough to recatch the player and kill, it's not his fault for being skilled. Even after that player change area, the opponent team still has chance to chase him because after he changes the area, he has to wait for 15s again to change the area again, that's IF the opponent dares to chase him, if they don't dare and only stick to their camp area, it's not the general problem of the game, it's the own problem of the team to decide to not chase. 

​So generally the poking and running like u were thinking about is not that easy like the old time when we had 5s cooldown to change island anymore. Now if you want to poke and run away, you need to be skilled and that's a part of PvP, be skilled and dodge the attack from 10 people. What I call not PvP is when you and your whole team just stay in area and hope for an effortless win.

Also, the respawn time popcorn increase to 5 seconds is the mini island you spawn on after death. You can now just use it longer for buffs and items. I disagree with 5 seconds. I think 10 seconds is better.

​The invincible aura was always there so the low strategy "spawn camping" wasn't that powerful and still can be breakable. This change is what exactly destroy the invincible aura and encourage the teams to camp even more. Normally after you die, you respawn at that mini island and receive the invincible aura for 3s, this change makes the player to be forced to stay in the island for 5s and then the duration of the aura is already over. Understand?

​People shouldn't be forced to stay in that island just to "have time" to buff. they should be allowed to decide to use buff or not by themselves. If the purpose of this change is only to increase the time the player can be on the small island to use buffs, then it's not necessary to only show the board to choose island after 5s.

Team work in ew is so limited right now to camping and skill poking is so bad. Even BSQ is more balanced with team play. In EW you can heal teamates and use aoe buffs etc that you can’t in bsq. Don’t want your team to die? Heal them and support instead of poking for points and hopping island. It seems over the years many of you have forgotten this.

​Are you encouraging players to stick with mage and use it even more? because mages with heal and tankiness but still strong is the main problem of balance right now.

Also, with streamline changes to missions that was posted, many unwanted missions was changed or removed. So you can really get lucky with back to back missions. I think this more than makes up for 1 kill as I expect a lot of players will be using heal items and maxing out resistance and health stats.

I agree with the majority of changes and looking forward to the new challenges that EW will bring.

One more thing- are ew rewards be boosted now? And how about dragon defense?

I believe camping islands seems to be a hot topic. I am supporting one giant ew map if it can be done. Also, i don’t see how hit and run tactic is not possible even with 15 sec cooldown to island hop. It is possible as shown in the last week ew. And breaking through a spawn camp island is not a big issue as previously. Cooldown of skill has increased across the board, magnet range is greatly nerfed and anyone can walk out of it if times right. My suggestion before prevents spawn killing entirely. So no, what you suggest is not fair.

For this I think you should read the things I wrote more before answering. I didn't say hit and run tactic was not possible with the new 15s cooldown, let me quote myself.

These ​points are things that will destroy the tactic and encourage people to camp and not moving an inch more. At last week's EW it was still working because the invincible aura was still there (which will be useless after this patch) and if you were participating in the last EW, you can see it clearly that the kill count was increasing highly compares to the previous weeks due to the 15s cooldown duration, which was still ok and players still cried in chat about they had much more kills than enemy but they lost, sadly what they did was to not moving an inch and spam the skills in the empty space  :heh: Just an example.

So yeah due to the rise of kill count you can already see that people already get punished for going to enemy's camp, only the skilled ones can survive for 15s vs 10 people. Removing the invincible aura will just make people not wanting to move to enemy's island anymore while there are now only do-able quest + 10 points per kill. I mean, who even wants to go when knowing the enemy will just get 10 point from you and can even do tons of quest on you while killing you and then knowing that there's no more invincible aura that can let you going back to them and at least getting some points back for your team?

You talk like you never played EW recently also, the problem with spawn camp is not magnet, magnet is just a part of it. The dominating one is freezing trap, only 1-2 skilled senti already can place the trap at the right location which will freeze you right away after you land on the area. Wide range cc skills like blizzard or rolling stone is also a problem when they're spammed by few people routinely. 3 invoker can also routinely use magnet to keep it always activated.

I said "is that fair" was also just a sarcasm about letting guild that camping, not moving an inch that much benefit of being able to kill the enemy over and over again by making the invincible aura useless even when they're quite encouraged now already with 10 points per kill + do-able quests.

Generally the spawn camping was so loved because the camper knows where the players will land on so they can spam skills into that spot. Why don't we just let the players to land on any random place from their spawn side to the beginning of the bridge? 

Edit: like this for example if player is blue side, there's spawn spot can be anywhere in the red circle.

unknown.png

If they don't know where the player land on, cheap effortless "spawn camping" strategy will be useless, it will require more skill to win a match as popcorn also said emporia war is a place for PvP for big guilds with strong gear, a PvP place shouldn't be somewhere which allows the player to win by just camping at spawn. And since it's their spawn side, they should be landing on different spots around the side, not only limited to one spot.

I also heard an interesting idea to balance the core from a person, he doesn't want to come here to post, so.

The core can have a fixed amount of HP and the damage of players to the core can be limited from 2 to 4 depends on their classes, like fighting the bombers in F7 mode.

-Strong xspammer classes should have lower amount of damage deal, like 2 and increase to 3 and 4 for classes that has slow attack from skill/xspam.

Edited by easykill1215, 17 January 2018 - 04:40 AM.

#25 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:47 AM

Didn't see this earlier so let me give some words to it now, answer in red.

For this I think you should read the things I wrote more before answering. I didn't say hit and run tactic was not possible with the new 15s cooldown, let me quote myself.

These ​points are things that will destroy the tactic and encourage people to camp and not moving an inch more. At last week's EW it was still working because the invincible aura was still there (which will be useless after this patch) and if you were participating in the last EW, you can see it clearly that the kill count was increasing highly compares to the previous weeks due to the 15s cooldown duration, which was still ok and players still cried in chat about they had much more kills than enemy but they lost, sadly what they did was to not moving an inch and spam the skills in the empty space :heh: Just an example.
So yeah due to the rise of kill count you can already see that people already get punished for going to enemy's camp, only the skilled ones can survive for 15s vs 10 people. Removing the invincible aura will just make people not wanting to move to enemy's island anymore while there are now only do-able quest + 10 points per kill. I mean, who even wants to go when knowing the enemy will just get 10 point from you and can even do tons of quest on you while killing you and then knowing that there's no more invincible aura that can let you going back to them and at least getting some points back for your team?

You talk like you never played EW recently also, the problem with spawn camp is not magnet, magnet is just a part of it. The dominating one is freezing trap, only 1-2 skilled senti already can place the trap at the right location which will freeze you right away after you land on the area. Wide range cc skills like blizzard or rolling stone is also a problem when they're spammed by few people routinely. 3 invoker can also routinely use magnet to keep it always activated.

I said "is that fair" was also just a sarcasm about letting guild that camping, not moving an inch that much benefit of being able to kill the enemy over and over again by making the invincible aura useless even when they're quite encouraged now already with 10 points per kill + do-able quests.

Generally the spawn camping was so loved because the camper knows where the players will land on so they can spam skills into that spot. Why don't we just let the players to land on any random place from their spawn side to the beginning of the bridge?

Edit: like this for example if player is blue side, there's spawn spot can be anywhere in the red circle.
unknown.png

If they don't know where the player land on, cheap effortless "spawn camping" strategy will be useless, it will require more skill to win a match as popcorn also said emporia war is a place for PvP for big guilds with strong gear, a PvP place shouldn't be somewhere which allows the player to win by just camping at spawn. And since it's their spawn side, they should be landing on different spots around the side, not only limited to one spot.

I also heard an interesting idea to balance the core from a person, he doesn't want to come here to post, so.
The core can have a fixed amount of HP and the damage of players to the core can be limited from 2 to 4 depends on their classes, like fighting the bombers in F7 mode.
-Strong xspammer classes should have lower amount of damage deal, like 2 and increase to 3 and 4 for classes that has slow attack from skill/xspam.

First i must commend your paint skills, I can tell great effort was produced. This is sarcasm also. You are arguing for no reason and should read more of what I said. I said invincibility bubble can work and eliminate spawn camp if all hoppers (including those who just spawn) will receive it for 3 second BUT CANNOT ATTACK. This eliminates poking and running away (by running away I mean island hop, this needs to be clarified I suppose and is extremely silly that it is being used by these guilds) this also would eliminate spawn camping altogether. This balances the invincibility spawn feature. Tbh I think it should be removed altogether and have one big island, but this suggestion is makes much more sense to me than yours.

I will not even talk about spawn camping and freeze traps + tesla etc because this is all very avoidable with some effort. I guess your experience in EW is limited.

But popcorn and all these players want the invincibility and be able to attack players and bounce around island for 15 seconds and wait for a new mission to rinse and repeat, thats the way it will go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users