Patch Notes 1/17/2018 - Page 2 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 1/17/2018

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#26 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:12 AM

First i must commend your paint skills, I can tell great effort was produced. This is sarcasm also. You are arguing for no reason and should read more of what I said. I said invincibility bubble can work and eliminate spawn camp if all hoppers (including those who just spawn) will receive it for 3 second BUT CANNOT ATTACK. This eliminates poking and running away (by running away I mean island hop, this needs to be clarified I suppose and is extremely silly that it is being used by these guilds) this also would eliminate spawn camping altogether. This balances the invincibility spawn feature. Tbh I think it should be removed altogether and have one big island, but this suggestion is makes much more sense to me than yours.

I will not even talk about spawn camping and freeze traps + tesla etc because this is all very avoidable with some effort. I guess your experience in EW is limited.

But popcorn and all these players want the invincibility and be able to attack players and bounce around island for 15 seconds and wait for a new mission to rinse and repeat, thats the way it will go.

And ​I already said at few previous post why it shouldn't be like that  :heh:  not that I should read your post more, I already answered to that as well. No comment for this  :heh:

All what you are saying was also got replied by me, don't keep repeating things and saying your suggestion makes more sense than mine without a proper explanation.

Now tell me like I already explained, how can someone use the invincible aura to poke and run away - "by running away I mean island hop" - while the duration for the aura is only 3s which means they will have to stick in the enemy's island for 12s more until they can change again? For that long time if your team can't catch the player with 10 people and let him change the island then it's your team's fault that their skills are limited and not be able to kill that guy within 12s. Remember the duration of island hopping was 5s? Then I can call it poke - and run away. With triple of the old cooldown and still can't kill the enemy, then it's not the fault of the game.

No ​one is here to "argue for no reason", since this is a real big changes, we are all here to give the feedback, don't we? and I'm just discussing, answering you since you commented my feedback.

Saying things like "very avoidable with some effort" without proving it is quite not trustable also, if you can land on the enemy's team camp area that has 3+ senti, survive, get away and record it then the info can be trusted.

And let's keep this civil before our posts are deleted :heh:

Edit: Oh yeah forgot your compliment, well thank you  :heh:  of course I'm smart enough to not putting effort or wasting time for a picture to only showing people what I meant. Simple, quick and efficient 

Edited by easykill1215, 17 January 2018 - 05:16 AM.

#27 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:38 AM

So happy to finally see that the quests can adapt to what classes are in the enemy guild! Great job there Popcorn. I'm really happy that Emporia is finally getting important changes like these ones after more than a year of "fighting" for that. (https://forums.warpp...rcenary-system/)

Since it's mostly about quests and points adjustments, here is my opinion: 

- Some classes still have 3 skill quests while the others only have 2 of them. Is it possible to balance that either by creating new skill quests for the classes who only have 2 or delete one of the skill quests for the classes who have 3?

- Rename the "Defeat all ???" to "Defeat any ???" since it only requires you to kill one person of this class to complete the quest. And fixing it so you have to defeat every persons of this class is not needed in my opinion. Some guilds have 5+ persons of the same class.

- The "Defeat enemy 3 times" quest's reward is too low in my opinion. You have 3 mins to kill 3 persons and get 5 points while with the "Defeat enemy 1 time" gets you 3 points. Defeating 3 enemies in 3 minutes is harder than defeating 1 enemy in 3 minutes. Maybe you can change the duration of the quests and reduce the time given to kill 1 enemy.

- If you can actually change the time for every different quests, I think some of them should be adjusted. The skill quests and "Attack any ???" quests don't require as much time as "Defeat enemy 3 times" for example.

- Reduce the skill quests reward even more. Touching someone with a specific skill isn't as hard as defeating someone from a specific class for example.

Also, Core's HP x15 is something good in my opinion. I hope that it will let enough time for the attack to switch many times between guilds.

But I guess I'll have a more accurate idea of what Emporia will be with these changes once I try it on Saturday.

#28 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:20 AM

So happy to finally see that the quests can adapt to what classes are in the enemy guild! Great job there Popcorn. I'm really happy that Emporia is finally getting important changes like these ones after more than a year of "fighting" for that. (https://forums.warpp...rcenary-system/)

Since it's mostly about quests and points adjustments, here is my opinion:

- Some classes still have 3 skill quests while the others only have 2 of them. Is it possible to balance that either by creating new skill quests for the classes who only have 2 or delete one of the skill quests for the classes who have 3?

- Rename the "Defeat all ???" to "Defeat any ???" since it only requires you to kill one person of this class to complete the quest. And fixing it so you have to defeat every persons of this class is not needed in my opinion. Some guilds have 5+ persons of the same class.

- The "Defeat enemy 3 times" quest's reward is too low in my opinion. You have 3 mins to kill 3 persons and get 5 points while with the "Defeat enemy 1 time" gets you 3 points. Defeating 3 enemies in 3 minutes is harder than defeating 1 enemy in 3 minutes. Maybe you can change the duration of the quests and reduce the time given to kill 1 enemy.

- If you can actually change the time for every different quests, I think some of them should be adjusted. The skill quests and "Attack any ???" quests don't require as much time as "Defeat enemy 3 times" for example.

- Reduce the skill quests reward even more. Touching someone with a specific skill isn't as hard as defeating someone from a specific class for example.

Also, Core's HP x15 is something good in my opinion. I hope that it will let enough time for the attack to switch many times between guilds.

But I guess I'll have a more accurate idea of what Emporia will be with these changes once I try it on Saturday.

Someone who agrees that one simple attk is not even come close to the effort it takes to
Lock and kill opponents in ew. In my opinion te reward points for touching is still high.

With this said i agree with the changes and looking forward to seeing the result of popcorns vision for ew. Those who do not want to will always find a way to complain. I guess I should be ready again for the walls of text.

#29 VioletCat

VioletCat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:25 AM

Seems like now there won't be any reason to limit the classes that can go EW and that would be great. On the other hand summoners and mages have a big advantage over other classes this way so I was hoping such big changes would be made after balancing PvP a little more.

10 points for a kill encourages using mages that can hardly be killed and summoners to kill the enemy players easily once they're caught. Invokers also happen to be one of the easiest classes to catch with, sorcerers can keep enemies frozen forever on the ground where X spam is. BSQ all over again :/ And from what I've seen the outcome of BSQ depends on the amount of magical classes in each team just because they work so well together. In my opinion it would be a lot more fun if element damage on X attacks would be adjusted and maybe the cooldown of freezes and CC skills increased a bit for those classes I mentioned above. Or the damage of physical classes increased so it can be equal to X spam. Then that could be applied to EW first only to test it and so it'd cause less complaints. Just my dreams probably... Who knows what's planned to be done next and what the community wants.

About spawn camping. The idea of players spawning at a different place every time doesn't sound too bad to me. The invincibility shield still can be there as long as people can't attack with it, that seems like a reasonable suggestion cause it's meant to prevent you from getting hit right when you enter battle and probably not meant to let you freely land a hit on the enemies.

#30 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:40 AM

To be honest, as Overlord i have 6 Buffs i cast the moment i respawn in Emporia, and i already have enough time for all buffs, if you dont have enough time go to an island where you are safe or your guild is controlling and buff the rest at your own spawn, i dont think the 5 second Delay is needed. But i think at least some kind of Invincibility for island changing or just making the rule official to not allow spawn camping and punish it if a guild does it would prevent the instant deaths on spawn on any time of the game you join an island and not after you recieved some kind of invincibility.

I would suggest to lower the time you have for quests to finish to maybe 15-30 seconds so you and the guild have to make quick decisions if you go for a quest or not, also the kill quests should be rewarded higher if you actually manage to complete them in that short amount of time, maybe give the kill 3 enemies quest like 45 seconds of time, this way will also give quests still some value, since you dont have to wait 3 minutes if you get a quest like kill mage or 3 enemies as someone who has not that high of DPS like warrior or thiefs.

I may be wrong but as far as i see every class has at least 2 skill quests but Overlord only has the Warrior quest Stormblade.

EDIT: How about lowering the amount of points required to Neutralize the attack, so if one team manages to get the attack the other only needs like 100 points again to neutralize that attack or just 50, so the enemies either burst as much as possible in the short amount of time or try to keep some decent dps and have some guarding the damager.

Edited by Vossel, 17 January 2018 - 06:49 AM.

#31 XiongmaoLin

XiongmaoLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationEaster Forest
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

What are these parchment wing boxes, and what does one obtain from them ? This is all a little vague to me.

#32 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

The parchment wing box contains randomly one of three parchment wings in different colors. The box can be gotten from the Vending Machine.

#33 ronald007

ronald007

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

this emporia will become a Bs
in the bs team mages + sumoner = win
emporia Team mages + sumoner = win
team mages + summoner vs team warrior, archer. thief - the logical thing is that the team mages and summoner win. these classes only need the magic botom of (x)
If in the emporia  the healt was reduced or make these classes do not have much advantage over others it would be great. There have been changes in these classes and they are still far superior

what makes the race stronger leaving behind other races (warrior)
I wonder what function the other races play in the game.
Most players opt for magicians or summoners because they are the best option in what is bs and emporia
just squeezing spam (x) to kill I do not see the fun in the other classes
while other classes have to attack with all their skiles
I watched a video of previous emporia  and how nice it was to see warrior thief from different classes fighting.
for the time I've been playing majority in the server are magicians or summoner that always the time in emporia and bs
Another point that I forgot was to kill 10 points is very much in my humble opinion. killing a magician is very difficult imagine that magicians are healing. I'm not against magicians but they have the advantage
greetings Popcorn

Edited by ronald007, 17 January 2018 - 10:47 AM.

#34 XiongmaoLin

XiongmaoLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationEaster Forest

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

Thanks. Hope there are red wings as well.

About Emporia : why not make healing as potent as a bonus HP regeneration ? No clue how much it is right now though. Some other games (at least one I remember of) divide heal efficiency by 10 or so edit : in PvP matches (and up to approximately 30 for the sustained healers), which would make sense if Magicians have other weapons to fight with.

Fight like the Immortal Panda, with tooth and claw. Healing is for mortals.

Edited by XiongmaoLin, 17 January 2018 - 12:56 PM.

#35 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:54 PM

I like the Emporia changes and hopefully people will find new tactics for it.
The changes are the opposite of island camping (Staying on one map the whole time and just go on others for questing) and i like that these changes destroy this island camping thing.
It's just kinda ironic that only these people who are only winning Emporia with island camping dont like the changes.

#36 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:26 PM

The changes are the opposite of island camping (Staying on one map the whole time and just go on others for questing) and i like that these changes destroy this island camping thing.
It's just kinda ironic that only these people who are only winning Emporia with island camping dont like the changes.

Yes, exactly. It opens up this game mode to more strategies in my opinion. First of all, many guilds won't exclude some persons because of their classes anymore, at least I guess. And while camping is good for killing, it can be countered by a hit and run strategy with all these feasible quests now. I can't wait to try these changes on Saturday, then we'll have a better position to discuss these changes.

#37 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

Excuse me for being dumb enough but how can this stop island camping? I find the statement quite paradox, for me these changes just encourage the spawn camping even more. Nothing in the changes stop people from camping, they now even receive much more benefits from camping if you read my previous posts.

If there's something I missed out then please tell me. I'm also someone who hates island camping, not because we can't do it, but because it will be boring, lame and effortless. And i must say this patch totally support the campers.

#38 XiongmaoLin

XiongmaoLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationEaster Forest

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-

#39 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

Due to necessary system updates today's maintenance takes a bit longer. We hope that the updates are done soon.

We will announce that the maintenance is done as soon as the servers are back online.

#40 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Severs are back online!

Please update your game to version 0.6.30.
The client will be updated to version 10.2.0.17.

Last minute changes/adjustments:

- the texts of the EW/BSQ surprise missions have been changed:
Every Defeat all has been replaced by Defeat any

- the points given for completing surprise missions in EW have been adjusted again a bit
(look at the image below or in the original patch notes, changes are written in
 red) 

- a red "IM" overlay has been added to the inventory icons for the Purple Wizard Set and
the Cute Blue Messenger Set. This has been done to prevent people from
being scammed with non-IM items

(You might need have to refresh the page to see the updated image)

EWMissionPts.jpg

Thank you for your patience!
Enjoy the game!

#41 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Guild board is not working. Will let know of more bugs i see :o 

#42 XiongmaoLin

XiongmaoLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationEaster Forest

Summoners and Twin Fighters relegated to the bottom of the list, far from the other classes. Visible minorities of some kind, hm ?

#43 HeartifyPT

HeartifyPT

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Guild leaderboard is broken.

#44 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

Looking into it.

#45 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

We will restart the servers again for testing. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#46 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

Guild Board is working again. Enjoy!

#47 HeartifyPT

HeartifyPT

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

Having trouble logging in while people in game have missing names on trade chat.

#48 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

Excuse me for being dumb enough but how can this stop island camping? I find the statement quite paradox, for me these changes just encourage the spawn camping even more. Nothing in the changes stop people from camping, they now even receive much more benefits from camping if you read my previous posts.

If there's something I missed out then please tell me. I'm also someone who hates island camping, not because we can't do it, but because it will be boring, lame and effortless. And i must say this patch totally support the campers.

Kills give more points, island changing cooldown and everybody have a quest he can for sure do, pretty sure more people will going to fight now then before the changes. Of course there will still be some guilds camping but overall the changes made people fighting more because it just gives you way more points.

There is this one specific guild that always rush all 5 island and merced alot (i guess you know who i mean) and the playstyle they have benefit from the changes. And thats good in my opinion. People who rush alot benefit way more from this change then campers do, atleast the cooldown on the island changing will do so. Maybe it's just my mind and in reality it will work out different, but just from the changes i seen i would always go for the rushing tactic from now on.

#49 XiongmaoLin

XiongmaoLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationEaster Forest

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

My first login attempt says "Currently under maintenance", second attempt brings me to the server select screen, where trying to connecting to any of them has no visible effect.

I was trying to enter Kazeura village on channel 2 when you restarted the server, if that is of any importance.

#50 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

Thank you Popcorn for all these last minute changes and your understanding. Will provide you feedback after this week's Emporia War.

PS : Looks like there are issues with logging in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users