January 17th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 2 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 17th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

137 replies to this topic

#26 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:59 PM

Everytime WP does something, there will always be people whining.

People crying exp - it absolutely does not benefit anyone thats already 99. Pretty sure for an established account they aren’t gonna complain that someone else is getting extra exp, of which you can receive if you do hunting quests without spending real cash. Imo all these events and chances of free exp are helping to close at least the level gap before trans is released. -_-, they are even giving another participation award exp bonus event cause people keep crying.

If helping players that don’t have level 99 characters before trans is released is killing the server... might as well quit now so you don’t have to see other people get to 99.

Its crazy how they are keeping the exp for Juperos the same. Based on databases, they should be giving significantly less. Yet people are still complaining how it makes it a knights server even more. Have you been to Juperos where people mob the whole map, leave the -_-ty ranged blue monsters for everyone else... using... all classes. It’ll be virtually the same except using more pots. God forbid they make it risky to mob an entire map. Are parties still going to have people lure around the map? Yes. Do wizzys get hit in the choke point? Barely unless something spawns there. So really... how bad is this change? How will people level now that one map bug is being semi corrected?!?

Rest of the points by other posters are pretty valid.

You can't please everyone.

Just like when they "fixed" WOE White Pot to make it behave like Ranked Whites just because people were whining about how they felt cheated, even though from the start WOE White Pot should have never functioned like Ranked Whites.

I have made use of Juperos the past 3 days to level my Character for 1 1/2 level. While I enjoyed the quick EXP, I acknowledge that it is a legit bug and it needs to be balanced. RO has always been a game of grinding, and time investment has always been a thing to get equipment / level. It has been dumped down so much since the past and people are still always looking for easier way.

Anyway the server's already dying. Would be surprised if there are 1.5k population on its 1st year anniversary. 

#27 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

Id like to complain about the valk boxes, but the fact that they are questable considering that the studio demanded that you introduce them, tells me you still want to avoid the p2w scenario.

Sadly with the way they supprt this server, it seems it seems that unless you manage to increase the population, the income wont increase and the studio will start to ask for more radical cash grabs.

My sugestion, if you really want to keep odin not p2w, listen to the comunity and make a list on what you can do on your side on dealing with the bots, the zeny inflation and getting new people on Ro

#28 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

So basically we have to gamble on lucky boxes for a chance at a rental item to be equally competitive in woe? Just when it looked like iRO was learning. 

What of those items would you wear @ woe besides the 3% element resistence wings? Even then its just 3% lul.

Any zeny sinks updates? Any rodex spam updates? Any bots updates?

Your team just posts 3 days of "Bot hunting". Are all your projects / task so short sighted?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This

#29 Acanthe

Acanthe

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

Are the hats from the boxes costumes or equipment?

#30 Namrok

Namrok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Twitter:c21h30w2
  • LocationRU: Saint Petersburg
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:27 PM

Was this problem only their HP or were their other issues needing looked into?

seems like they have renewal stats and HP

#31 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

• Valkyrie Box goes on sale
    • The studio has requested that we put this box on sale to evaluate the RESTART community's interest in these TH style boxes. 

So... this server....

giphy.gif

Edited by Renaru, 16 January 2018 - 07:20 PM.

#32 Ascar91

Ascar91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Restart

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

"The studio has requested that we put this box on sale to evaluate the RESTART community's interest in these TH style boxes."

well in that case we shouldnt buy em so they wont put in more (or am I reading that wrong)

I know it wont happen but in theory..

#33 Funen1

Funen1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

While I can understand people griping over the Juperos monsters' exp remaining way too high, I'm personally willing to let it slide for the sole fact that this way every class has a halfway-decent chance of getting to 99 before March (because let's face it, some absolutely didn't outside of Knight-leeching). Pullers for parties might be restricted to just the swordsmen classes, depending on the new damage, but people will still definitely try to make parties there.

#34 sp13

sp13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

I've brought this up to Campitor and it should be fixed this maint.

​Edit: Was this problem only their HP or were their other issues needing looked into?

Their stats, hp, and exp need to be looked into.  They seem to hit a lot harder, take longer to kill, and give less exp compared to the male bio3 mobs.

#35 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

Your team just posts 3 days of "Bot hunting". Are all your projects / task so short sighted?

#36 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

#37 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

Additionally, since the studio "requested" you put the boxes in, can we then also kindly request they stick them where the sun don't shine? Please and thank you.

Trust Gravity to prove time and time again that they give zero -_-s about this server's health and are just in it for a quick cash grab.

#38 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:52 AM

I am happy to see more leveling options. Keep up the good work.

The HE manuals are nice. Any chance we will get 3x manuals in the near future?

#39 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

Any chance for a fix for the homunculus skill cooldown issue?

#40 Namrok

Namrok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Twitter:c21h30w2
  • LocationRU: Saint Petersburg
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:28 AM

Any chance we will get 3x manuals in the near future?

for what?  now you need less than 6 hours to take 98>99.. and you want bmx3

#41 RaayOne

RaayOne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:11 AM

• Juperos Dungeon
    • Balancing the monsters to provide a more appropriate risk while maintaining the same reward level. (Damage is being increased.)
  • Valkyrie Box goes on sale

Did you actually test Juperos this time? 

Also: even more gambling boxes? are you -_- kidding me? hope the new EU laws to ban this stuff are not years away... absolutely ridiculous WP. 

Edit: And of course you didn't run this by the community again. Welp. this is it, i won't donate a dime to this server again.

Edited by RaayOne, 17 January 2018 - 04:16 AM.

#42 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:57 AM

I am happy to see more leveling options. Keep up the good work.

The HE manuals are nice. Any chance we will get 3x manuals in the near future?

Don't worry the exp tables are not updated. 

Edited by rhexis, 17 January 2018 - 04:57 AM.

#43 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:00 AM

If you read that thread again, you would see that I was willing to compromise.

I think they did just that. Thank you WP.

#44 RaayOne

RaayOne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:24 AM

So... this server....

giphy.gif

pretty much this. I originally gave it 2 more months, but seems like WP have outdone themselves~

#45 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Odin ReStart

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:10 AM

Welp. You do something right only to screw up double.

I got my 99 monk and 99 knight prepped for LK:Leech in March. Probably Knight:Leech my Hunter to 99 this week/end and call it a day despite the plans for the many alts I had.

Depending on post-maintenance blues, after being spoiled by increased xp/drops, 17 extra days of December because lolwpdum and a fitting-for-this-server-but-nerfed-because-p2w-xp-boxes-are-better-than-playing-the-game-and-knight-meta-should-be-everything-Juperos, I might take a WoE only hiatus again and give Final Fantasy 14 my money instead. Maybe even play some Fort Nite, that game is free and also more MMO on squad play than Restart is.

For those of you that couldn't get even a single 99 PreNerf Jancember, I feel bad for you. Nerfed Jup. Decreased XP. No Santa Hat. Better get you're knight rocking for your SOLORPG now because it's going to be back to many, many more hours of mindlessly grinding the same dungeons you have since the start of the server now while everyone who may otherwise be partying with you in an awesome Juperos party will be pulling out their wallets for XP boxes instead or f*ing off because they 99d this weekend.

Looking forward to coming back to a market where everything that matters cost more zeny than your character can hold   :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

[Poring] Yall need to grow a pair of -_-ing balls and stand up for your community. No one wants this but everyone will cash grab it, just like the damn refiners. You'll get an influx of quick money in the short term and a double dead server merge for 1 year anniversary.

Better bring back the bots now before < 500 log in window.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 17 January 2018 - 09:22 AM.
Mod Edit: Just please, no.

#46 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

One tiny part still has hope in people voting with their wallets and not buying those boxes.

I've told my guildies they're dead to me if they spend money on them and I mean it.

If you're thinking of buying any, have fun signing the server's death warrant.

#47 DropHue

DropHue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:17 AM

asking real questions here.

Wheres my costumes ? :rage:

#48 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:19 AM

One tiny part still has hope in people voting with their wallets and not buying those boxes.

I've told my guildies they're dead to me if they spend money on them and I mean it.

If you're thinking of buying any, have fun signing the server's death warrant.

Can join me in ff14, no lucky boxes there :D

Edited by Spoon, 17 January 2018 - 09:20 AM.

#49 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Odin ReStart

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:23 AM

Can join me in ff14, no lucky boxes there :D

+1. And a company that knows how to run a game. And not into the ground.

#50 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

o_O Can anyone Buff Niff 2 Spawn rates, That would be a great place to level, But the spawn rates is TERRIBLE.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users