[Discussion/Suggestions] Inflation & Zeny Sink Concern - Page 3 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Discussion/Suggestions] Inflation & Zeny Sink Concern

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#51 Gloe

Gloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, I'm a total idiot...........Disregard everything I just said and throw me in the trash please  :bang:

#52 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

Would you be interesting in a Zeny sink where players can give zeny towards boosting server wide exp/drop rates for limited period of time?

#53 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

that sounds great

also maybe some kind of access to a map/dungeon that requires weekly zeny (like Rachel Sanctuary when it's first implemented)

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

Would you be interesting in a Zeny sink where players can give zeny towards boosting server wide exp/drop rates for limited period of time?

Yeah do it. Can we get +30000% like chaos did that one time? 

#55 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

Bro! Could u simply add investment machine system for zink zeny them provide users mats for consus ? If u do a npc to invest for drop/exp it only improve the game for bots because they gonna farm mats faster. If u do this event u gonna put 25%-50% event  and this dont affect card drops. So this only help bots to rip the server faster. Just add investment machine system  and fix economy and bots problems

#56 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

The first time this suggestion was made was on the 25th October, then again a bit more elaborated on that day you announced something about the restart version of the paramarket where it got like 20 or so upvotes like wth???

"Would you be interested in a zeny sink npc vor exp/drop blabla?" did you just ignore those posts from before?

Those that were quoted by a lot of players with "yes please, add this, this is a good idea, let's not forget about this".

Just what are you doing all day long or was is just not the right players wanting this to be added as a zeny sink?
And by the right players I mean those that spend all their rl money on silvervines and always are like "i spend money on this bugged item please make it a feature now dont forget about my money"?

Edited by Morlord, 19 January 2018 - 04:52 PM.

#57 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

The first time this suggestion was made was on the 25th October, then again a bit more elaborated on that day you announced something about the restart version of the paramarket where it got like 20 or so upvotes like wth???

"Would you be interested in a zeny sink npc vor exp/drop blabla?" did you just ignore those posts from before?

Those that were quoted by a lot of players with "yes please, add this, this is a good idea, let's not forget about this".

Just what are you doing all day long or was is just not the right players wanting this to be added as a zeny sink?
And by the right players I mean those that spend all their rl money on silvervines?

Honestly could you link it to me so I can refresh my memory?

#58 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

Honestly could you link it to me so I can refresh my memory?

https://forums.warpp...deas/?p=2741222

https://forums.warpp...them/?p=2749451

https://forums.warpp...them/?p=2749477

https://forums.warpp...them/?p=2749485

https://forums.warpp...them/?p=2751116

?

#59 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

Ahh thank you. No it doesn't have to do with whom made the suggestion and you deserve credit for making it. Today someone reminded me of the Temple of a Demon God instance from 14.3. There is a function there so we can automate such a system so that users don't have to wait till the end of the week. But can instead get the benefits immediately upon the goal being met. I want to test the function on Sakray but this makes me hopeful regarding such a system (once the errors are worked out there can't be staff errors such as forgetting to check).

#60 Lockstrom

Lockstrom

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

Campitor has expressed interest in using paramarket for selling items commonly sought after and/or commonly botted, such as alchemist potting items. I'll leave a note for him to see if he's still considering this option.

That's a bad idea IMO, cuz it one of the only ways a new player can farm and make zeny.

#61 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

Sell OCA for 10mz/ea in the NPC. Easy. Haha!

10m zeny each lmfao.
The server would have 1k+ mini boss cards over night.

#62 Zcion

Zcion

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

Guys,

The server's inflation is out of control, this is a fact. Another fact is that every "fix" seems to only increase the inflation. Farming is obsolete at the moment. The only smart way to make money is using the cash shop, just look at the prices of silvervine. A new player comes in and gets some svn boxes and is already a millionaire once they sell them. This is the reason why all the other items, gears and cards are so expensive. The total amount of zenny in the server is just absurd. Have never seen that a server with this much inflation. A private server would be wiped if it gets to this point. Obviously since real money is involved a wipe is not an option here in Re-start. I loved the idea of bringing RO back to life and with the updates as they were back in the glory days, but this got out of control. As a player that invested time, effort and yes real money too in cash shop I do not want to quit. Yet every time I login and see the new prices it just doesn't motivate me to keep playing. But more can be done if WP puts a little effort.

I propose this:

1. Bring Back A Zen Sink

This can be like like the Raffler Or a big lottery that gives one unique item to just one lucky person every week or so.

2. Limit What Can Be Sold (Vending)

This point talks by itself

3. STOP Adding New Items That Promote Inflation

Back in the days there were not amistr bags or snake hats or what no. Restart is an unique platform, perhaps think more how will "X" item will affect the economy of the server before is added.

4. Be Upfront

A game most produce money to keep servers up and have some sort of income. If this is how it will be and the game will always be pay to win then let us know! Honestly I thought that since is from the real RO developers it would be the most balanced server I've played. We all know this is far from the truth. WP comments rarely about the problems in the server, but at this point it has gotten too far and out of control. Please inform us more on what are you doing for US. The community.

5. Feedback / Proposals

I invite the other players to also propose how YOU think the server could be improved and how can REstart recover from the inflation we are living today. Constructive comments are better than just complaining about the obvious!

Thank you.

#63 Aromat

Aromat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:03 AM

20m + 10 random cards for an oca so i final can use my useless cards :0

#64 sanoobie

sanoobie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationDream Boys

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

Trade 50m zenny for 2 million exp

#65 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

Heads up, I have merged and organized the recent topics/postings concerning inflation and Zeny sink into a single topic for proper follow up. Note that in the merging process some off-topic postings have been purged.
If you wish to see staff response about the concern so far click here.

Thank you!

#66 Zenogias

Zenogias

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

Proposal: add an additional zeny fee (100,000? 200,000?) to WOE Supply Boxes purchased via Silvervine.    

#67 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

Its to late for woe pots, the sugestion was to ask for 20 whites back then

#68 Zenogias

Zenogias

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

Its to late for woe pots, the sugestion was to ask for 20 whites back then

"Guys, we didn't fix it initially, we can't fix it now!"

#69 AMFH403

AMFH403

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Wait for hugel races. Combat knife/IP central, just make it expensive af. Zeny is worthless right now, id rather trade in SV boxes and rare equips. Dont know why someone would trade their rare MVP or miniboss cards for zeny.

#70 Osmiumiridium

Osmiumiridium

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

Before talking about permanent solutions like a zeny sink, you will need a great equalizer.

Half/Quarter/.... all zenies above e.g. 1M. This would be like a currency reform, which is a typical measure for hyperinflated countries. This would be of course only a temporal fix. But it will be effective once the botting problem is deminished.

#71 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:01 AM

Before talking about permanent solutions like a zeny sink, you will need a great equalizer.
Half/Quarter/.... all zenies above e.g. 1M. This would be like a currency reform, which is a typical measure for hyperinflated countries. This would be of course only a temporal fix. But it will be effective once the botting problem is deminished.

I suggested a 90% reduction

People with billions upon billions would still be rich in comparison to others

#72 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:08 AM

The reason that I suggested a weekly flat tax is because it would keep the zeny moving.

No one would want their zeny taxed so they would spend it as fast as possible.

If a player stops playing for a month, they would come back to less zeny so that would keep them playing.

This would not effect the people will low amount of zeny very much and they could regain their losses in a decent amount of time while the rich will have a difficult time to recover their losses each week.

#73 yoyomonk

yoyomonk

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:16 AM

Enchant sunglasses with slot.

Cost: 100m

Chance: 10%

#74 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:42 AM

The reason that I suggested a weekly flat tax is because it would keep the zeny moving.

No one would want their zeny taxed so they would spend it as fast as possible.

If a player stops playing for a month, they would come back to less zeny so that would keep them playing.

This would not effect the people will low amount of zeny very much and they could regain their losses in a decent amount of time while the rich will have a difficult time to recover their losses each week.

Maybe u can play all day everyday but people with life cant do it and if u r a guy who handle to play 30 hours per week u dont want to come back after 1 week of no play to found ur 100m hard to get become into 70m. This server only need investment machine system. Withthat system we made a market over mats also news can join in that economy with mats they got on fields. Them this system sink alot of zeny from server because everyone gonna preffer use this system insted of silverines for potions. Also silverine had alot of better uses. If u add investment system we can change buff miracle stats to 10 sv for vip and 25 for non vip. Because if u want to spend zeny on foods u can make it woth mats from investmentsystem. This way people r going to keep buying loots of silverine but prices r not going to increase like now because we got investment system for sink zeny. I used this system con chaos server and i spend like 500m every week. If every user start with it. We going to see a real sink of zeny. Also this system is permanent so server not going to get that inflation again. Also the game stops be a p2w where 10bucks buys u everything.

#75 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:28 AM

I have to agree with you 100%. I don't want my suggestion either.

If you think that will work, lets try it but I don't think it will do as much as is needed.

The reason I am saying that is because no one is forced to use that machine so their zeny keeps going up no matter what.

You would have to agree that they are getting away with it for now through illegal mean. The tax would force everything lower in a short amount of time.

There would be no "lets see if this will work" because it would level everything out.

I am not saying keep it forever either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users