Why RK is still so weak? - Page 2 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why RK is still so weak?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#26 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Everyone is defending their main class. Everyone is obsessed with OP gears. Have you ever considered using Eden gears in PvM and WoE?  :p_devil:

#27 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

Woah, after "why is ranger so bad" we now have a "RK is weak" thread. I never expected to see this in my lifetime. So, what is next? Should i look forward to a "Gene is the worst class" thread?

#28 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

Worst class but most common class to see ... who makes that thread must be dumb af lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 20 January 2018 - 10:12 PM.

#29 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:14 PM

RK’s damage can’t even compare to other atk or matk skill based class right now because they got buffed so much by OCP gears. How about RK, can’t really reach 100k damage without MVP, which is so much easier for other atk matk class because of new def mdef bypass gears. If people argue that OCP got so many cast delay reduction gears for DB. I would say it is the same for other classes, and the dps is still -_- with high cast delay reduction. Why is it so hard for GM to release an OCP RK skill based item?

I can't really say about physical rks, but db rks are not weak. Despite all gene and gx gears we have gotten so far, they are still king in most pvm scenarios. Ground target aoe that escalates with your hp while moving fast. Not to mention how tanky they are compared to those classes you mentioned above. RKs are not weak, they just have some elemental restrictions, in which case, those OCP gears you are requesting (which I think which ones you are talking about) would not make any difference. e.g: Valk Randgris. But regardless, I wouldn't complain if we had any of them soon (nerfed or not).

ps: I main gx, but play rk more for its convenience (if that makes any sense)

Edited by Richkr, 20 January 2018 - 10:16 PM.

#30 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Why my AB cant doing 100K with Judex ):

#31 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

The funny thing is, now every single class can solo almost every bit of content. Aside from WoE, where there is a competitive advantage for having an insanely powerful skill, I just don't see a real need to complain :X

#32 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

I complain that OCP gives no gears for RK, and good RK doesn't benefit from cast delay reduction gear in the OCP since the beginning. If some dumb people said OCP provides a lot cast delay reduction gears which buff RK, I'd say those gears are pretty useless compares to kiel. Even those can replace kiel, I am 100%sure it will sacrifice a lot from damage per hit and add a bit damage into dps from the number of hits increased from cast delay reduction.

#33 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:42 PM

The fairy leaf powder + TGL + FAW or Sarah's Earring alone is 35%, and you only need 50% to do 2 per second as is. While having dual kiels is great, you can achieve a pretty good DB RK with a lot more ease nowadays. You can also old school it with Maestro.

#34 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

I feel mixed. I just want some cheaper, efficient and effective way of leveling for p RK from OCP. Most classes have received their's.

#35 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

So, if your rk also has a tao with 50% cast delay reduction, and it only deals 100k to neutral or 150k to 200% damage enemy, so dps is about 200-300k. I don’t think it is good compares to other classes. I believe other classes can easily beat this dps with much lower investment of gears

#36 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

So, if your rk also has a tao with 50% cast delay reduction, and it only deals 100k to neutral or 150k to 200% damage enemy, so dps is about 200-300k. I don’t think it is good compares to other classes. I believe other classes can easily beat this dps with much lower investment of gears

Well yeah, but there are plenty of other classes who need huge investments for good damage. Auto Warg Rangers ain't cheap, unlike their AS butt buddies.

#37 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

i play RK coz i love RK

once i see an AB with 5k crit at 193 atk speed its cool but i enjoy my RK, no need to compare ;)

Edited by deforte, 20 January 2018 - 11:10 PM.

#38 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:13 PM

lol so many rant threads :D

#39 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

I complain that OCP gives no gears for RK, and good RK doesn't benefit from cast delay reduction gear in the OCP since the beginning. If some dumb people said OCP provides a lot cast delay reduction gears which buff RK, I'd say those gears are pretty useless compares to kiel. Even those can replace kiel, I am 100%sure it will sacrifice a lot from damage per hit and add a bit damage into dps from the number of hits increased from cast delay reduction.

We may not have skill based gears just yet (I strongly believe one of them will debut here soon), but we have this and this.

Plus the great deal about all these after cast delay reduction gears is not the damage boost. They allow any rk to achieve 90%, but people with access to higher end gears can wear shields without sacrificing any dmg.

#40 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

DB RK is one of the class with the greatest performance discrepancies between the extremely rich and everyone else (solo-wise) It’s been like this forever, and ocp has had some impact to alleviate this problem, albeit it cannot compared to the boosts that others received for their class. The impact of OCP in terms of boosting specific skills is insanely big. RK’s top dps department is basically unchanged but the average is “catching up” just a little due to the aftercast delay gears, which actually means losing damage from no HP/ranged boost though. The only universal boost is FaW421+FLP, which doesn’t come with much lost damage downside (but again this is something all range classes can use, and i would argue benefits rebels more).

Now, physical RK is even worse, while it seems “strong”, it’s entirely pointless to argue that it’s good because no matter what version (crit or str), they are both far weaker than the alternatives available, RG and GX. The fact is just that physical classes have been strong due to newer OCP, and RK benefits from the same items, but the class remains at least 2 tiers below the clearly better choices to play efficient physical attackers. It’s especially true for RK vs RG. In the beginning, RGs were already stronger due to Banishing point, but the gap further widens now with OCP exclusively boost VP and cannon spear, without any specific thing for RK.

I would almost say that unless you can afford a 100B to get both kiel’s+tao (for the full strength of db RK which hasn’t changed for years), it clearly isn’t worth for anyone without a “clear liking and curiosity to the class” to ever pick RK over the alternatives. That is unless your RK is a dedicated team party only character- but what’s the point of such parties when everyone else with their class can do things alone and efficiently?

People who complain that the RK class is weak right now have a very clear and logical reason that i hope the GMs won’t ignore. They either just started the game with this class and realized they wasted their time being less competent, or are just infatuated with this class since the beginning.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 20 January 2018 - 11:23 PM.

#41 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

We may not have skill based gears just yet (I strongly believe one of them will debut here soon), but we have this and this.
Plus the great deal about all these after cast delay reduction gears is not the damage boost. They allow any rk to achieve 90%, but people with access to higher end gears can wear shields without sacrificing any dmg.

these aren’t good at all. it can’t really buff DB damage, 5-10k max. And try to reach 90% without kiels using this lol. Don’t really need to question my statement lol. My rk has 200b worth of gears, and I feel it is pretty suck comparing to other classes, so I made this post :/. I feel kinda disappointed for this class while I put the same gears on other classes, and they can deal much more damage than DB rk

#42 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:32 PM

Why gene so weak

#43 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

when will Soul Linker finally be nerfed, 2OP for 2long

#44 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:47 PM

rk's have enviable buffs honestly, or is it just me

#45 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:49 PM

I feel kinda disappointed for this class while I put the same gears on other classes, and they can deal much more damage than DB rk

And those gears won't really change this.

#46 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:51 PM

Most instance can be done solo. So as far as I can tell you aren't getting beat out of getting mvp drops or anything while you areally playing. If you got time to complain, then you got time to make your main char stronger. I can go on and on about how gx class wasn't so great and how rk was the most sought after char after gene. So of your displeased because your damage isn't as good as a gene, go play a gene and see how much work u need on a gene vs a rk. Or any other class for that matter.

#47 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:01 AM

rk's have enviable buffs honestly, or is it just me

it’s just you lol. Honestly almost all of their buffs for damage is crap. I’m very well versed in this since i’ve been experimenting with them for a long time. In fact i can go thru them one by one here.

enchant blade: entirely junk. It’s forced neutral, doesn’t get increased by crit gears (no matter what it only receives 1.4x from crit attack), only boosts normal attack. Makes you wonder if they really intended rune knight to be a smart knight to add int, especially since stormblast is 100% crap for years now.

aura blade: Junkest of all junk skills in the entire game for buff. +100 atk that is both forced neutral and not added into atk calculations, but at the end of all attacks. Your IB dmg turns from 350k to 351k maybe? Lmao.

concentration: The only good skill, but again only for normal attacks. This skill is also entirely biased if i have to be honest. The endure effect is fantastic and the main selling point, but let’s put that aside and look at the buff and downside. The atk% increase is literally the same as aura blade. It’s added to the -_- end so while it’s great for normal attack, becoming 1.25x, skill damage increase is crap again. Your IB turns from 3000% to 3025% lol. Oh, that’s not all, the defense part they didn’t cut you the same slack. The 25% defense penalty hits you on both hard def and soft def, so you’re definitely left with 75% of all your defense.

Turisus: 30str is good. 3x attack only for normal attack, breaks ur weap frequently too.

frenzy: big boost but mostly unusable in places that matters due to the heavy downside. Lmao, i even think it’s a better skill on GX and rangers than RK. Thanks, LK card.

Now, the worst part is this. Alll of the buff skills except turisus does litrrrsllt no impact for crush strike. Whether you cast aura blade, concentration, enchant blade and all that bull-_-, it’s only gonna increase a minimal amount of 1-3k dmg at the end of ur 30second cd skill.

They plan for RK to be just a normal attacker with all these skills but end up make him so junk at it compared to GX. This mistake was fixed with runestone update but we’re not gonna see it unless camp lets it happen.

disclaimer: Defense buffs are good of course, but their impact isn’t that great if you don’t hit hard. RKs are not a tank in any aspect and don’t as perform well tanking compared to sura or rg.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 21 January 2018 - 12:05 AM.

#48 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

And those gears won't really change this.

better than nothing had changed

#49 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:20 AM

With all due respect, you have 200b worth of gears and your rk is weak. Honestly, either you are a very bad player or just don't know well enough about the other classes you are comparing rk with. Your numerical dmg is only part of the big picture. 

#50 Jufi

Jufi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3590 posts
  • LocationOrb
  • Server:Thor & Chaos

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

This kind of frustration will show if you have other well geared/mvp characters. If you have GX, GENE and DB RK  for example and you spend billions and mvp's on them. You will really ended up comparing the damage output  and comparing the speed on how you kill the mvp or boss in every instances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users