24 replies to this topic

#1 just41ara

just41ara

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

Hello. This is really a problem.
It is necessary to include nospam2.cfg in the standard delivery client available for download from the site. It would be even better if it is downloaded when upgraded with patcher.
It is also necessary to add SUPER AGRESSIVE SETTINGS to nospam2.cfg
GM should analyze spam and add new phrases every week. I understand that players can customize this add-on themselves. But not everyone knows how to do this and this causes inconvenience for newbie.
If players do not face these problems, the popularity of the server will grow!
If the problem is not visible, then it is not there, the simple player thinks so. Think about it.

Thank you for attention. Translated with Google translator.

#2 Omegaw

Omegaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRL

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

Honestly if the pitiful staff can't even check the towns for spam bots, the server will maintain it's decline np.

#3 Zenogias

Zenogias

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Here's the thing: any pre-configured spam filter they release to players will also be downloaded by the spambots.  Then the spambots make character substitutions and continue unabated.  The topic starter's suggestion will not work.

What might be interesting is if they can implement one server side so that incoming messages meeting the internal criteria get bounced (I dunno the server internals, this may not even be possible).  Of course, they'd need to also ghost those messages back to the spammers, else the spambots will catch on.

#4 just41ara

just41ara

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

Honestly if the pitiful staff can't even check the towns for spam bots, the server will maintain it's decline np.

With these parasites it is impossible to fight manually. Factory can create any numbers of spam novices in 5?10?15?minuts

Nospam addon its the good idea, but GMs do not want to go to the end. It's like an excuse for players not to be angry

#5 just41ara

just41ara

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

Here's the thing: any pre-configured spam filter they release to players will also be downloaded by the spambots.  Then the spambots make character substitutions and continue unabated.  The topic starter's suggestion will not work.

What might be interesting is if they can implement one server side so that incoming messages meeting the internal criteria get bounced (I dunno the server internals, this may not even be possible).  Of course, they'd need to also ghost those messages back to the spammers, else the spambots will catch on.

Replace characters will not work indefinitely. Once advertising can not be read.But you are right. Implement antispam on the server side of the hardware is the best solution!

#6 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

just41ara, greetings!
There are no plans currently to release a pre-configured nospam2 with the client, doing so will make the block filter vulnerable and easily bypassed by the spammers.

Things are being worked on to make this less frustrating, however I don't have an ETA to provide right now though we do hope to see the change really soon :)

If newbies have problem with the configs they can PM any active VMod and ask for help, a configured nospam2 can also be provided if necessary.
See the guide here for more info.

#7 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

just41ara, greetings!
There are no plans currently to release a pre-configured nospam2 with the client, doing so will make the block filter vulnerable and easily bypassed by the spammers.
Things are being worked on to make this less frustrating, however I don't have an ETA to provide right now though we do hope to see the change really soon :)

If newbies have problem with the configs they can PM any active VMod and ask for help, a configured nospam2 can also be provided if necessary.
See the guide here for more info.

That's great, but only works for players who actually check the forums. Maybe add to the yellow messages ingame that this exists?

#8 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

For years they have not been able to solve this stupid problem. Don't have your hopes up that it can be fixed in a couple of weeks / months. :) 

#9 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

Stephcake, it was suggested at least for the patcher news panel to have an "updated link" to the guide. I will send another reminder with your suggestion to the staff.

#10 Alezzia

Alezzia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:28 PM

Hello. This is really a problem.
It is necessary to include nospam2.cfg in the standard delivery client available for download from the site. It would be even better if it is downloaded when upgraded with patcher.
It is also necessary to add SUPER AGRESSIVE SETTINGS to nospam2.cfg
GM should analyze spam and add new phrases every week. I understand that players can customize this add-on themselves. But not everyone knows how to do this and this causes inconvenience for newbie.
If players do not face these problems, the popularity of the server will grow!
If the problem is not visible, then it is not there, the simple player thinks so. Think about it.

Thank you for attention. Translated with Google translator.

Every iRO Server in the past 15 years had that problem

They don't consider it a problem but a FEATURE.

Funny how if i don't perfectly execute my Supernovice gets muted for 10 minutes for using his Guardian Angel but Zeny spammers in pront do 2 lines per second + PM 300 ppl at once.

Edited by Alezzia, 21 January 2018 - 05:31 PM.

#11 lamaslo

lamaslo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/CoCoCov
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Re:Start Odin

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:48 AM

Some new players dont speak english, dont know how to configure the nospam2.cfg and isn't even know that nospam2.cfg exists. Because of that, they quit in the first hour o few minutes.

A pre-configurated and actualizated nospam2.cfg downloaded by the patcher is better than nothing. And actually you can encript the file if you think this could be easily bypassed by the spammers.

ps: About 5 friends of mine quit because the spammers and 2 isn't even tryed it.

Edited by lamaslo, 22 January 2018 - 06:50 AM.

#12 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

So far the patcher including Renewal's are updated with links to NoSpam2 guide.
In-game announcements for the same are under review/processing.

h0F5bKc.png

#13 Alezzia

Alezzia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:34 AM

So far the patcher including Renewal's are updated with links to NoSpam2 guide.
In-game announcements for the same are under review/processing.

h0F5bKc.png

Thats a poor solution.

Treat the cause, not the symptom

Ever heard of that? Every kid knows that line.

#14 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

Thats a poor solution.

Treat the cause, not the symptom

Ever heard of that? Every kid knows that line.

Greetings Alezzia :)

Being the only viable solution right now, is there an issue with Nospam2 that you wish to be improved?

Assuming that, releasing a pre configured Nospam2 is not possible.

#15 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

Maybe you should mention the spam config with an npc at the very start.

Everytime i make a new character i get instantly spammed if my nospam2 isnt updated.

I am pretty sure this discourages new players.

#16 Alezzia

Alezzia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

Greetings Alezzia :)

Being the only viable solution right now, is there an issue with Nospam2 that you wish to be improved?

Assuming that, releasing a pre configured Nospam2 is not possible.

Assuming it was the only solution then yes, you would be right.

But you are talking to the wrong guy in that case. Cause i know its possible without much efford on WP part.

The current nospam needs constant updating and that should be done via the patcher.

Or a different solution is that you simply fix the issue server side. Meaning limit the spam a character can put out.

Its even possible to blacklist certain words to give a 10 minute auto mute to a character.

There is so much that could be done about this issue.

Saying its not possible (which is a lie) just shows how little they care.

#17 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

Assuming it was the only solution then yes, you would be right.

But you are talking to the wrong guy in that case. Cause i know its possible without much efford on WP part.

The current nospam needs constant updating and that should be done via the patcher.

Or a different solution is that you simply fix the issue server side. Meaning limit the spam a character can put out.

Its even possible to blacklist certain words to give a 10 minute auto mute to a character.

There is so much that could be done about this issue.

Saying its not possible (which is a lie) just shows how little they care.

It is not a lie because, see my post here.

The only thing they can limit server side is RODEX spam. The generic kRO In game chat filtering system will kill the game client performance. Hence why we have nospam2.

I hope this clarifies the lingering questions.

#18 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

No matter how you see it Cinnamon, this is a poor way of rectifying the problem. It just shows WP's incompetency at solving the root of the problem. Like I said before umpteen times, blocking out the spam should not be the work of the players, but the work of the game developers. It's obvious WP and Gravity cares -_- about us. Disappointing. 

#19 lamaslo

lamaslo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/CoCoCov
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Re:Start Odin

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

You're losing population coz the spammers, think about it!

#20 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:14 AM

Change how new accounts are made. There can't be more then a few real human players daily making accounts. Meanwhile 100's of bot accounts created daily...

#21 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:25 AM

Change how new accounts are made. There can't be more then a few real human players daily making accounts. Meanwhile 100's of bot accounts created daily...

anything that goes beyond internet explorer is impossible for them, that also counts for account creation

and that nospam2.cfg gets vulnerable if they'd patch in a fully working one for all of the current spam is nothing but a lame excuse to have even less work on their hands

building the nospam2.cfg on a fully working one is easier and faster than having to visit the forums first to get one that doesn't do poopoo on its own

but what have you, WP in all its glory shmory

Edited by Morlord, 23 January 2018 - 05:25 AM.

#22 Alezzia

Alezzia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:16 AM

anything that goes beyond internet explorer is impossible for them, that also counts for account creation

and that nospam2.cfg gets vulnerable if they'd patch in a fully working one for all of the current spam is nothing but a lame excuse to have even less work on their hands

building the nospam2.cfg on a fully working one is easier and faster than having to visit the forums first to get one that doesn't do poopoo on its own

but what have you, WP in all its glory shmory

As if the botters dont know that there is a nospam2.cfg on the forums.

And if they dont know the patcher tells them.

#23 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

I cant even /exall spam - My entire Chat window is full of yellow text Mainland Chinese Gold farmers :(

I do agree that its annoying, it would easily drive away any new player experimenting. Only True old RO lovers stick to the game despite the spam but it drowns out my legit messages :(

Also the Gramps at the Gate of the novice academy is annoying. Seems like

a stop gap solution to educate people about scams. Better to put in a NPC inside the academy that actually rewards the players with some useful stuff then a gateway NPC that makes you waste 2 minutes for nothing.

#24 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Botdin

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Memories memories

5 Months later...

UrKjWk0.png

Edited by iSeenUB4, 23 January 2018 - 12:14 PM.

#25 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

Its difficult to block the PM bots, They usually stand at the Novice area, they get player information from the muted/non muted spam bots in town. If you pass a spam bot in town - the PMs will start rolling in. I honestly feel that PMs should be disabled for people till they leave the academy. This would at least make the job harder/longer for the Spam bot owners.

Edited by Xord, 23 January 2018 - 12:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users