will iRO become a hi specs requirement on the future updates? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

will iRO become a hi specs requirement on the future updates?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:thor

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:37 AM

as on the title im kinda worried that it will end up like roph and mysg (some people say) will need a higher specs just to play ro because of anti (bot, cheat, grf ect.)system that will update , i didnt mean to comparing ro in different server i just want to know if the system or program that will give by kro is the same on those two servers?

#2 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:07 AM

Don't worry, they won't implement it. That "Anti Cheat System" is just another promise that WP will break.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

i wonder, how much upgrade in system requirement that was? From a potato to a toaster?

#4 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

Actually, as systems get newer it'll generally be harder to run RO because the version of Directx it is using is being emulated in software, vs running in hardware. This is why, I think, that running multiple clients causes severe client lag sometimes.

I used to have Pentium 100 machines that ran RO like a charm back in the day for example. I have ran into modern video cards that refused to run RO because it didn't have software support for whatever directx it has.

Edited by Blueness, 22 January 2018 - 08:19 AM.

#5 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

i wonder, how much upgrade in system requirement that was? From a potato to a toaster?

I can count to potato!

#6 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

They have decent hardware, the software is the problem. It can't utilize the throughput. The software has outgrown itself and hasn't changed.

#7 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

sorry posting its just my pc is 2gb ram ,32 bit dual core , and it has no video card , RO is the only online game i can play smoothly , i dont want to upgrade my pc cuz i dont have enough money for upgrading , unlike other people here who can afford for hi specs pc

#8 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

[Snip]

anyhow this might be something that needs to be officially announced as we do not know what advances they would do, they'll change the minimal/recommended game reqs anyway if it does happen

Edited by VModCinnamon, 23 January 2018 - 02:24 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed response to hidden content.

#9 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

Ragnarok is an old game, with minimum requirement so i don't think there will be any major update that you need to concerned about, this game focus on 2D and it wont become a 3D game, but i think that why i like it .. simple and easy

just look on the size of the game .. just 4GB if i'm not wrong, and if you compare it to other games with directX11 etc etc which easily 50GB++

Edited by Hendra88, 22 January 2018 - 08:54 PM.

#10 Stephanie

Stephanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Probably not in this lifetime haha

#11 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

Actually, as systems get newer it'll generally be harder to run RO because the version of Directx it is using is being emulated in software, vs running in hardware. This is why, I think, that running multiple clients causes severe client lag sometimes.

I used to have Pentium 100 machines that ran RO like a charm back in the day for example. I have ran into modern video cards that refused to run RO because it didn't have software support for whatever directx it has.

I agree with this, and clearly Gravity has yet to address the issue of RO with 4k screen, and likely never will. When my RO friends ask me for advice of a new PC, my very first tip is to avoid 4k screens, since they dont work well with RO. After trying a few weeks I finally found a workaround for this, but it still feels awkward really.

#12 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

it probaby took more resources compared in past but I doubt Modern PC will have trouble on it

#13 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

There will come a time that technology will dump RO in the void but not today? :heh:

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

Took them over 15 years to update the frickin' UI, I'm not holding my breath for DirectX and graphic updates.

#15 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

VR is the future. :p_devil:

#16 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:55 AM

VR is the future. :p_devil:

il_028.jpghttp://15dice.com/illust.html#i28 )

#17 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:52 PM

Pretty sad really lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users