#1 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

Hey in this topic i would like to gather the Feedback on Emporia.

I have noticed that it is more of a challenge now, this is really good.

small guilds have a chance against small guilds but not against big guilds which is fine.

the high core hp is also good, so the fights take long and there is a chance for counterattack.

The high amount of points needed requires real effort :)

but there is one thing i noticed, the invincibilty bubble you gain has a flaw, you can get hit the moment you join an island, i noticed it i swapped the island and got instantly hit by a sentinel trap

i heard someone got hit by a shootdown as well. Please have a look at this

#2 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

"Pure Silence" is a huge handicap once you have to defend your core. When you join an island you can't defend your core for 3 secs. And if your enemies were on this island for long enough then they can switch island once you can attack them and then you are blocked for 10~ seconds in an empty island while they are free-damaging your core on another island.

Since Emporia is more about kills now, I suggest to add the same restrictions as BSQ regarding the heals.

#3 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

So how about reducing the island swap cooldown for the defending team to 10 or even 5 seconds instead of 15?

#4 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

I don't think defend team should have such a benefit to have lower cooldown on changing island

What can be changed is the invincible aura, it can be changed that you can still attack and use skill while having the aura but it will cancel the aura immediately.

#5 manege

manege

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

Another approach would be to reduce the amount of islands in emporia.

Most emporia guilds have enough people to spread out at for example 3 islands.

This way the fight will always continue and the defending team doesn't have to bother running behind their opponents just to be locked on one island without any opponents for 15 seconds. 

#6 Stophy

Stophy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

I don't think defend team should have such a benefit to have lower cooldown on changing island

What can be changed is the invincible aura, it can be changed that you can still attack and use skill while having the aura but it will cancel the aura immediately.

So how about reducing the island swap cooldown for the defending team to 10 or even 5 seconds instead of 15?

I think both ideas combined would be the perfect solution

#7 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

As I said above I don't think the defend team should have such a benefit to be able to change the island quicker than the attack team. The difference of cooldown matter a lot. They can like for example appear quickly but also can switch to another island after almost dead, heal and come back quickly and many other things

#8 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:24 AM

but if the defending team cant really reach the attacking team cuz of the same cooldown it would be just like before, whoever gets the first attack wins, i think the defending team should have an advantage.

#9 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

but if the defending team cant really reach the attacking team cuz of the same cooldown it would be just like before, whoever gets the first attack wins, i think the defending team should have an advantage.

I ​don't think it's a problem that enemy keeps changing area, as I said in the patchnote topic I myself already found 2 ways to go against this. People who complained were just annoyed after facing enemy like that and instead of finding a strategy for that case, they went to complain. If any staff wants to know my 2 strategies of going against it, I can share them through private message to prove that I'm not just talking nonsense  :p_smile:

It's also sad that when this big change came, people were saying about how they were excited to see new strategies from guilds. And when what they wanted happened, when a team invented a good strategy which gave the other guilds hard time, they went to complain with the idea of making EW a raw pvp fight where you just need to be stacked to win instead of finding better strategy. A guild war battle should be a battle of power but also strategy and luck. Not only power. 

A good strategy is also just theory. To make it happen then a good communication and cooperation between members are needed, it's not that easy.

So yeah I'm disagree about giving defending team a benefit of having lower cooldown than the attacking team. But I'm agree with Onyzer that the Pure Silence aura is a big handicap for the defending team because they have to wait 3s to be able to attack. So letting people attack anytime but the aura will be disabled immediately would be fair enough.

A bit feedback to the new EW system:

• Firstly it was a nice change of the pure silence aura to stop everyone of doing the cheap and boring strategy "spawn camp". Guild battles now are about power, strategy and a bit of luck.
  • If 2 guilds are the same or almost the same of power, strategy will be the big factor that decides the game (It's the part that I like - mind game)
  • If a guild is much stronger than the opponent because of having many mages and summoners, strategy won't be a matter, they can just use the power to smash the enemy - which is fair and square because a stronger guild should win anyway. But it would be nice if a guild with good strategy can still have chance to defeat a strong guild with bad strategy.
  • Luck is still a factor that decides the winner like when your enemy gets all the easy 1 hit quest and you only get kill quests, still do-able but will be slower to complete than someone who only receives easy quest. But this factor is small and acceptable.

Overall it's nice

Edit: Forgot the best part that every EW games are now above 15 mins. There's no more moments when you have to wait the whole week just to play a match of 5 mins or even quicker  :heh: 

Edited by easykill1215, 29 January 2018 - 10:47 AM.

#10 Dynasto

Dynasto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:43 PM

Got 2 things to talk about.... didnt found another topic so I will write it down here...

1) What are your opinions about disabling all things that recover HP (without potions) like Slice of cake, 50% HP Capsule, Melons etc.. 

Since its disabled for BSQ i think it should be disabled for EW too because people are just spamming it.. EW changed a lot so I think its worth to talk again about these topic.

2) I think if people are stunned or freezed they shouldnt be allowed to switch the island. What do you think about?

#11 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:29 AM

i wouldnt disable cake or heal items since this is a way for guilds with less or no invoker/sorcerer to heal up in fights

also swapping islands if someone is freezed is not that much of a problem because you have such a high cooldown on it and if someone switch if he is frozen and close to death or so you can just chase him down, because if he heals after switch you gain some points.

#12 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:32 AM

Wouldn't banning heal items make invoker heals unfairly strong by comparison?

I really like the island jumping possibility if you get locked down. Means the enemy has a limited time to kill you. I'd actually want some skill on every class that'd allow escaping in bsq and normal pvp too, of course with a high cooldown.

#13 Dynasto

Dynasto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:15 AM

Wouldn't banning heal items make invoker heals unfairly strong by comparison?

I really like the island jumping possibility if you get locked down. Means the enemy has a limited time to kill you. I'd actually want some skill on every class that'd allow escaping in bsq and normal pvp too, of course with a high cooldown.

Hmm.. I just dont like if people just spam cakes and hp capsules. Reminds me to old BSQ videos.. People have like 20% Hp and heal to 100% in a second. I saw several People doing same in EW now.. 

Well the 2nd point was more like an idea for if you fight against stronger guilds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users