HHBs: How Important Are They? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

HHBs: How Important Are They?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Knightfall

Knightfall

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Knightfall1972
  • LocationEdmonton
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Hi all,

Okay, so, in theory, I understand how Happy Hour boxes (HHBs) work. They drop four times a day at specific times and when it happens, the vet run off to their favorite spots to farm them based on their levels. I'm assuming the ML40 players all head to the same (or several) locale(s) in the game. But what about the lower level ML players? Are there "unwritten" target areas for ML25, ML30, etc.

The rule, it seems, is that to get the best results for acquiring HHBs, you have to face monsters that are within 5 levels of your current level. But does that mean I should also get HHBs from monsters 5 levels lower than me or only those that are within 5 levels higher than me? Right now, my Rogue is ML28. I feel like I'm stuck in no-man's-land. There isn't any way I can handle Level 83 monsters on my own, and I would be just as hard pressed to take on Level 73 monsters on my own. (I can barely handle OSI mummies on my own, one at a time.)

The monsters in DWL/DWU and in FP just hit too hard for me to handle on my own and it seems for me to have a chance at HHBs, I'd need to take on (at least) the Dragon Tails. But definitely not by myself. Do ML players around the same level just get a feel for each other and build groups based on guilds and familiarity? Is it worth me making OSI runs with lower level players for even a shot at one or two HHBs that might drop. (I'm assuming tanks don't have to worry about it as much.)

There just doesn't feel like there are enough high-level monsters that are meant to be face one-on-one. I could try grinding on Shadow of Sands, but I doubt I'd get any HHBs from them.

Or, am I overthinking things?

I have this sense that getting HHBs is an important part of high-level play. You need to seek them out to have a chance to really improve your gear options (depending on what is in them each month).

Any suggestions would be helpful,

Cheers!

Knightfall

(aka Mesik)

#2 1131131129203649980

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

hi there

in my case im not a hardcore player but im been playing for years and most of my income is from HHB

some people say there is a zeny bug (there is actually) and prices are rly high you would never make that amount ever

so with that in mind i read a guide in this forum on how to make zeny, so now i craft and farm to get money 

for HBB there is a lot of ways,

you can make a new ranger and send some pandora box and open them till you get a good bow and farm Flips from the first map

most people have ML1 characters to farm in lvl50 mobs areas

in my case i have a beastmaster cause they spin while running and have decent def/hp but i recomend you to craft Menace gear

thats how i do it, just find a good spot and farm. no need to use your main character

#3 restlessfreak

restlessfreak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

I agree with his reply. I am newbie player too, so making hhb char at ML 1 and farm at sanderman fortress in road of bless would be best to start you off in hhb farming. Right now feb hhb is done and need to wait another 3 weeks or so for march hhb.

On the other hand farming for zen. Here is the link for it https://forums.warpp...7/#entry2778751

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users