[Comments] Creative Contests - Creative Archive Goldmine - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Comments] Creative Contests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

[Comments]

Creative Contests

Greetings!

In means to keep the event's thread on topic, discussion posted in the ongoing Creative Contest [link] will be moved here.

Users wish to leave feedback about the current event in general or discuss the prizes in specific to post in this thread instead.

Reminder: General rules of the forums apply here

Attempts to stir drama/derail will not be tolerated.

Thank you.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 30 January 2018 - 06:14 AM.

#2 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:50 PM

Are we just going to start putting cash shop costume as prizes from now on? These costumes are like 100m/300m? At least the Large Ribbon Muffler from before was very rare but these prizes.... lol. 

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:12 AM

Are we just going to start putting cash shop costume as prizes from now on? These costumes are like 100m/300m? At least the Large Ribbon Muffler from before was very rare but these prizes.... lol.

This has been the norm for art contests for a while now.

#4 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:21 AM

This has been the norm for art contests for a while now.

Really? I thought it was just the last one with Large Ribbon Muffler as grand prize and Snow as the participation. Wasn't the one before Alpaca Hood?

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

WP is getting smart. Now people can earn cash items through efforts without spending $$$. I like it  :heh:

#6 Digs

Digs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:48 AM

A named Costume Warg in Mouth would be nice as a prize in my opinion  :p_smile:

#7 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

I hope someone cooks! Good luck to everyone participating!

^Pulling from other thread.

I wonder if Cinnamon and I should avoid you, KunKnee... This being a dog event and you wanting cooking... This Sylveon will be keeping a distance!  :p_laugh: 
​(For those who think Cinnamon is a bunny, that's actually Cinnamonroll the puppy)

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

Really? I thought it was just the last one with Large Ribbon Muffler as grand prize and Snow as the participation.

It's an ongoing problem that many in the community take issue with for the fact that many headgears have become exclusive to art contests, despite the fact less and less artists are left in the community to participate. The move to add them as participation prizes has compounded the issue by attracting people who create accounts for the sake of making posts to get the prizes. Many have argued that the headgears should be made available in in-game events as well, but that has fallen on deaf ears.

#9 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

^Pulling from other thread.

I wonder if Cinnamon and I should avoid you, KunKnee... This being a dog event and you wanting cooking... This Sylveon will be keeping a distance! :p_laugh:
​(For those who think Cinnamon is a bunny, that's actually Cinnamonroll the puppy)

I definitely never thought *that* but I was thinking of something like cakes and stuff x.x

#10 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Should relax time frame to atleast 20 days. 

I'll not spent my valentine week with pencil. Thanks.

#11 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:04 PM

It's an ongoing problem that many in the community take issue with for the fact that many headgears have become exclusive to art contests, despite the fact less and less artists are left in the community to participate. The move to add them as participation prizes has compounded the issue by attracting people who create accounts for the sake of making posts to get the prizes. Many have argued that the headgears should be made available in in-game events as well, but that has fallen on deaf ears.

I mean, this seems to be one where everyone can participate in (the only one I personally can anyways) if you just take the effort to but the prizes are just utter lol compared to last years. But I see what you are saying.

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

I just don't agree with them making certain headgears exclusive to the iRO art community, headgears should be accessible to the entire iRO community, not just one facet of it.

#13 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

I just don't agree with them making certain headgears exclusive to the iRO art community, headgears should be accessible to the entire iRO community, not just one facet of it.

I agree, but these prizes are so -_- I actually don't even see an incentive to do it. I say this but I'm probably going to do it anyways  :heh:

#14 Stephanie

Stephanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:21 AM

Are these prizes supposed to make us laugh or cry? lol  :p_swt:

#15 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

Headgear exclusivity died when WP killed it, there is no going back now. At least having a named version is something.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 31 January 2018 - 12:58 AM.

#16 IncyI

IncyI

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:14 AM

Oh my gosh! The 'Dog Officer' headgear is adorable! So cute! Want! Doggo participation hat, too <3 These are by far my fave prizes yet! I'm not sure if I'll be able to enter in time (irl's pretty chaotic right now) but I'll definitely try! 

The theme is so much fun! I like dogs a lot, so this is right up my alley.  I dunno about item values, but I know what appearances I like, and I love the canine themed hats here! Animal ears are my headgear jam =3 

Edited by IncyI, 31 January 2018 - 02:18 AM.

#17 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:48 AM

Actually most contests here were plagiarize contest from the very beginning . 

Many self-claimed artists just copied color palette from commercial images , using them in the wrong way , drafting and editing pose from various sources , or just modified their old files into a new piece .

Plagarizing require creativity too , so Its still counted as creative .

I dont think you could expect  people from the industry to join. 

In art community , contests grand prize worth more than $3000.

Its not worth for them to join rng contest for little prize ... at all. 

#18 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:42 AM

Headgear exclusivity died when WP killed it, there is no going back now. At least having a named version is something.

I'm actually curious why you say this. Just off the top of my head the 3 events that happened recently gave an Alpaca hood, Artist hat and a Doll hat (forgot the name) all three are pretty exclusive. I know they are slowly moving away from it though. 

EDIT: Then we had the raffle headgears (which will have other means to be obtained) and the ExtraLife Cherry Blossom Hat. 

Edited by Diskence, 31 January 2018 - 05:43 AM.

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:30 AM

I'm actually curious why you say this. Just off the top of my head the 3 events that happened recently gave an Alpaca hood, Artist hat and a Doll hat (forgot the name) all three are pretty exclusive. I know they are slowly moving away from it though. 

EDIT: Then we had the raffle headgears (which will have other means to be obtained) and the ExtraLife Cherry Blossom Hat. 

There have been many incidents before this as well. Honestly, once WP does something there really is no turning back from that point; it's why things like achievement titles and named costumes should be a thing, just make all costumes at this point available for everyone.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 31 January 2018 - 09:31 AM.

#20 LoveWinter

LoveWinter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:32 AM

I think the prize is ok as long as they are named.  The most important thing for me is we enjoy the community and events.   Why people always have problem with the prize?  Why someone always request rare hat? We should give player an opportunity to participate the event.  Sorry to saying this, but this event is not only for you but for everyone. 

I would like to suggests about rare hats.  I think to make all of them happy, WP should make that rare hat stay at rare hat.  I don't want any drama.

#21 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:40 AM

No, they already made rare hats not rare in the past. That ship has sailed.

#22 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

Hi there folks! Let's talk about hats.

Ragnarok is a very old game with an wide selection of adorable hats. Please understand that headgears we receive are earmarked by the studio for sales or ingame events. The studio does not usually provide prizes for community events - therefore, we'd like to keep using whatever we receive for future events. But to do so, we cannot make certain hats absolutely event-exclusive, as this locks out future players from ever having the chance to obtain it. Event hats are still special since you can have them named after your character this way. I wish we had a big selection of new hats we can only use for events, but sadly, this isn't the case!

That said, we will always try to make sure that winner prizes for events are appropriately valuable and cool - whether they're headgears or other cool benefits.

Thanks for your feedback everyone  :no1:

#23 juanitainez

juanitainez

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

:p_sad:

As much as I love my already owned star reading hat and the doggo officer hat, they are recycled from boxes!! It is not special :(

I don't know about others but to make art, I spend a lot of time and a few bucks on the process. There were never contests from Dawnte & Myz or officially from WP that I'm not excited about, but prizes are now from recycled boxes - really?  :sob:

Years before prizes were absolutely amazing. If I ROPD some of the famous winners from previous contests my jaw drops. Why can't you guys recycle the prize of the limited hats you guys gave before then? Then this way more people can have access to own them.

#24 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

Are these prizes supposed to make us laugh or cry? lol  :p_swt:

Both at same time.

No, they already made rare hats not rare in the past. That ship has sailed.

yup they arelady claimed that they wont put in certain hats back in to the game because of exclusivity. Yet they brought back a costume version of one and then another costume version of another in a kafra box. Might as well put them all for everyone to get.

IM LOOKING AT YOU BIJOFNIL FEATHER. WP is really Hippocratic when it comes to these things sadly.

No offense to you CM Astra but the company you work foris really making you CM's look horrible and you guys are getting the brunt of the problems. Its like WP wants you guys to receive angry players etc etc.

#25 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:24 AM

someone oughta cook a dog with this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users