• 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:01 AM

DSPatchNotes.png

Maintenance Notes
Patch Version 0.6.34, Game Version: 10.2.0.19

Server Maintenance
2018-1-31, 12:00 Server Time

Note: Patch notes are subject to change.

DS-Changes.png

Class Balance

PvP only
Magician:  Slow Heal cooldown has been increased to 35 seconds

Magician/Summoner/Archer/Marksman: The decreasing damage output over time for the skills Diffusion Cannon, Double Shot, Helix Shot, Random Shot and Anti-Air Shot now affects the Element Damage as well.

PvP and PvE
Earth Master: The damage output of Dark Knight has been reduced.

General Updates and Fixes

- the White Dino Egg costume for the Dragokin classes has been repaired

- in Emporia Wars the Points indicator is now showing the real points instead of a percentage value

- fixed several mathematical calculation mistakes regarding collisions at several  code locations (this includes the fix of the grenade bug/exploit)

- Guild Board ranking fixed and already implemented

#2 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

Woahh those nerfs, i aprecciate them, look forward to see the results in bsq and Emporia

#3 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:The One With A Dragon On

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

Class Balance

PvP only
Magician:  Slow Heal cooldown has been increased to 35 seconds

How about Invokers Instant heal and wide heal? Will they be nerfed too in any way or not get touched?

#4 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

I like the class balance changes.

#5 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

35 seconds cooldown for Slow Heal still seems a bit low to me knowing that the duration is 30 seconds. But that's already a very nice change to the right direction imo.

I like the other PvP changes though! Any details about the new Dark Knight's damage output?

Also very nice fixes! How is the guild ranking working now?

#6 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

35 seconds cooldown for Slow Heal still seems a bit low to me knowing that the duration is 30 seconds.

Seems alright to me since If some one interrupts a mage casting slow heal, they are going have to wait 35 seconds to recast it

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:59 AM

Also very nice fixes! How is the guild ranking working now?

https://forums.warpp...orks/?p=2779242

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

"PvP only
Magician: Slow Heal cooldown has been increased to 35 seconds

Magician/Summoner/Archer/Marksman: The decreasing damage output over time for the skills Diffusion Cannon, Double Shot, Helix Shot, Random Shot and Anti-Air Shot now affects the Element Damage as well.

PvP and PvE
Earth Master: The damage output of Dark Knight has been reduced."

Healing changes alongside, what lead to the decision to change how elements interact with the x-spam dps? I understand it's been a primary damage source in PvP for a long time now. I know this won't lead to the return of the infamous "no one died" meta where super-tank mages dominated group PvP unless you had a 1 in a million element card drop but a change like this has to have some context given that the immortal tank comp was a good reason for element changes in the first place.

#9 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf. Now wheres the party of summoners throwing a tantrum about it?

Jokes aside.

Very nice changes finaly things are moving into the right direction now to make non x spammable physical classes viable in terms of damage in PvP and there we are balance.

Edited by Kristof3195, 30 January 2018 - 12:36 PM.

#10 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:17 PM

what lead to the decision to change how elements interact with the x-spam dps?

Because it just recently became possible. We had this change in mind from the beginning because we were aware that the already implemented magical/physical damage decrease over time for those skills with such high element output was not really enough. The community mentioned a lot of times that the element output is too strong for those skills because the amount of hits is quite high and the damage decrease without taking element damage into account wasn't enough.  The idea for the change was not new. We made the decision already months ago literally when the element system had been changed and the communtiy told us for the first time that the DPS is too high with the element damage on top.

Let's see how it works out - as always.

Edit: As you said in the past @Coolsam, the code is a train wreck and I don't lie if I say it takes time to dig through it. We are literally learning new things every day. Even though you might not always notice it. :)

#11 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

Because it just recently became possible. We had this change in mind from the beginning because we were aware that the already implemented magical/physical damage decrease over time for those skills with such high element output was not really enough. The community mentioned a lot of times that the element output is too strong for those skills because the amount of hits is quite high and the damage decrease without taking element damage into account wasn't enough. The idea for the change was not new. We made the decision already months ago literally when the element system had been changed and the communtiy told us for the first time that the DPS is too high with the element damage on top.

Let's see how it works out - as always.

I see, and understand where the playerbase comes from on this topic. Some players point out that the overdose of x-spam required DPS leads to less desire for any class that doesn't have good crowd control skills for team support or is x-spam oriented also. The change may allow for skill-based classes to rise more as another form of damage in PvP. Even Summoners may mix up with cast time boosted skills and have a more Sorcerer-esque damage style. Destroyer still possesses Sniping and good damage skills that compliment elements and only Priest really takes the maximum hit here.

So as you say; let's see how it works out.

#12 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

Can I please ask how much will the dmg be reduced? If I remember right then it will be reduced by 60%, is it correct?

Edited by easykill1215, 30 January 2018 - 12:38 PM.

#13 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:43 PM

Can I please ask how much will the dmg be reduced? If I remember right then it will be reduced by 60%, is it correct?

It is different per skill. When I have some time later I will have a look and post it for you here.

#14 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:50 PM

Didn't really think about it in the first place. But Sentinels' X-spam has a multi-target thing too, with Pierce. They can attack up to 6 enemies with one X. What about that?

#15 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

Thank you for answering! I'll wait to see the correct number

And as ony said I also mentioned it on many topics that sentinels also xspam a lot in pvp, their x attack can pierce up to 6 targets also

#16 NeaDCampbell

NeaDCampbell

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

Just like Yuumikitsu i have concerns about Wide Heal.

For future reference when the Arcadia Weapons will be released i assume strongly the Magical Damage is growing higher with this.

As this skill scales proportionally %-wise with the Invokers Magical Damage.

Will it be adjusted when the time arises?

Or is there any plan yet to put a fixed amount of healing on this skill?

Thank you for answering my questions in advance! Thank you very much for the changes! Appreciate. :D

:p_hi:

#17 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

And forgot to say that the idea of different dmg reduction for different skills is brilliant since some xspam gives 3 shots and some xspam only shoots out 2, so the reduction shouldn't be the same. Great work!

#18 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

How about putting a 4-5 second cool down on archers rolling stun combo like the one on summoners zz skill.  :p_omg:  

As of now archers can spam rolling stun chain all over without any downtime seems a bit unfair for other classes.

Edited by stiffyliffyriffy, 30 January 2018 - 01:57 PM.

#19 9695160709113702883

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

Since the X-Spam is most likely the only way to deal damage as an invoker, I think this "balancing" (decreased damage and lower heal possibilities) is a bit too much.

Feeling a bit bad for all the players who put a lot of effort in their invoker. :p_sad: 
But yeah,after the implementation, we will see how this will affect the actual gameplay.

Additional:

How about putting a 3 second cool down on archers rolling stun combo like the one on summoners zz skill.  :p_omg:  

As of now archers can spam rolling stun chain all over without any downtime seems a bit unfair for other classes.

Good point. I was about to ask that too. 
The chain combo on archers should really get some cooldown.

#20 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

Every classes can and have ways to lock an enemies, archer chain combo is not an exception.

If you ask for nerf you should look at every sides of pvp too not only BSQ. Just for example none archers will destroy their images by spamming the chain stun in 1v1. You can't also compare the chain stun of archer with the chain of summoners. In 1v1 it's used to catch and open the combo, which is much harder to land on enemy than summoner's chain - which is used not to catch but to stun after catching with some other skills. An other way to say, Stun chain of archers need to be used multiple times to catch an enemy since it can be missed a lot. If it has a cooldown then you give us no other choices than catching with shootdown.

If archer's chain has a cooldown then mage's z spam should have a cooldown too or you can just keep pushing enemy or gain benefit from super armored status.

Besides, the place people spam it on you is mostly in a group pvp fight like BSQ, so it means if your teammates come to save you, the spam is interrupted easily. Every classes can lock someone in pvp until dead also. If no one comes to save you, then every single player can lock you until dead, not only archer

Edited by easykill1215, 30 January 2018 - 01:54 PM.

#21 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Every classes can and have ways to lock an enemies, archer chain combo is not an exception.

If you ask for nerf you should look at every sides of pvp too not only BSQ. Just for example none archers will destroy their images by spamming the chain stun in 1v1. You can't also compare the chain stun of archer with the chain of summoners. In 1v1 it's used to catch and open the combo, which is much harder to land on enemy than summoner's chain - which is used not to catch but to stun after catching with some other skills. An other way to say, Stun chain of archers need to be used multiple times to catch an enemy since it can be missed a lot. If it has a cooldown then you give us no other choices than catching with shootdown.

If archer's chain has a cooldown then mage's z spam should have a cooldown too or you can just keep pushing enemy or gain benefit from super armored status.

Besides, the place people spam it on you is mostly in a group pvp fight like BSQ, so it means if your teammates come to save you, the spam is interrupted easily. Every classes can lock someone in pvp until dead also. If no one comes to save you, then every single player can lock you until dead, not only archer

I agree make it so chain combos can't be continuously used by all classes that can stun with them. Either remove the cool down from chain combos for all classes or create a cooldown for every other class that can chain stun combo lock: warlocks, gladiators, knights and even archers. 

Furthermore, archers chain combo stun bugs characters in certain positions it makes people stay in 1 place when trying to ground recover or jump.If you get stunned by archers when you ground recover or are about to jump you get stuck in that 1 spot until someone pushes you out.

#22 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

Yes, Summoners have a CD on their chain combos. But on the other hand they have huge CCs like Rolling Stone or Spell Trap which they can use right after a chain combo very easily. And as easykill1215 said it is very easy to interrupt an archer or even a dragoon spamming chain combo in grouped PvP, and I believe people don't spam chain combo stuns in 1o1.

#23 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

Lel above I already mentioned multiple reasons why a cooldown is not necessarily needed. The part that I said mage's chain should have cooldown too is just for the case that archer chain has cooldown. Warrior's chain also can stun and be repeatable, but they have many other skills to lock while still dealing good dmg for example. If someone decides to use archer chain to lock, it will take a very long time to kill someone, that means there are pretty much of times for someone to come to save you. Summary I disagree with the idea of giving cooldown to chain combos with many reasons I listed above. Summoner's chain should have the cooldown because it's a lot easier to use and you don't use it to catch someone like archer or warrior.

Edit: also never experienced the bug you mentioned. Would be helpful if you can report it, a fix could be done

Edited by easykill1215, 30 January 2018 - 02:23 PM.

#24 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Some pvp changes, yus. Unfortunate it is mostly nerfs but should be ok. I would like to suggest freeing some formerly locked skills in pvp now that some changes have been made. I agree with cooldown archer chain combos since it does not cost a resource unlike a skill lock. It can go on forever, so i suggest a 2-3 second cooldown is appropriate. Looking forward to some great pvp matches and even more changes aweee

Also i forgot to comment on last patch, very good it eliminated the spawn camping

Edited by testg, 30 January 2018 - 02:25 PM.

#25 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Thank you for answering! I'll wait to see the correct number

Every skill decreases it's damage over time (when constantly "spammed"). To recover it to the full damage again you have to wait until a specific amount of time is over  which we will call recovery time.

Priest
Diffusion Cannon: -7% per 100ms down to a minimum of -70%, Recovery Time: 2.5s

Double Shot: -5% per 100ms down to a minium of -50%, Recovery Time: 2.5s

Archer
Anti-Air Shot: -7% per 100ms down to a minimum of -70%, Recovery Time: 1s

Marksman

Random Shot: -5% per 100ms down to a minium of -50%, Recovery Time: 2.5s

Summoner
Helix Shot: -10% per 100ms down to a minium of -70%, Recovery Time: 2.5s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users