Patch Notes 1/31/2018 - Page 3 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 1/31/2018

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#51 Karazingah

Karazingah

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:48 AM

I ​never could deal up to 50k dmg with a single sniping lol, you just even feel like that and come to say it without giving any real information.

My snipe with the maximum dmg can deal 2k per hit with the result of 10k per crit. It rarely crit 3 or more than 3 times per one time used. Mostly only 1-2 hit.

If it's not designed for x-spam then why people call us x-spammer? Why do we have a skill that gives us 2 shots per x-attack?  :heh:

And falcons, wolf, tesla, traps ALWAYS deal elemental dmg

i see people critting up to 13k with sniping. With a 40% crit chance you have a good chance to land at least 3 crits with one sniping.

How deal falcons and wolf only 300dmg if people have 2k dmg in a single element?

#52 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:52 AM

how is Destroyer designed for x-spam while they deal up to 50k dmg with a single sniping? To deal 50k dmg sentinel need to chaincombo catch in the first place, landing a net in the second place and press the x button around 40 times in order to deal 50k dmg. Yeah, poor destroyer.

Destroyer is made for pure damaging purpose. Sentinel has more utilities skills. Plus, now that Sniping got nerfed only critical hits are useful. A non-crit Sniping hit deals like 3k on someone with decent DEF (and I have two Cerberus 15* Solar rings). So that 50k damages with Sniping is past unless you get very (very) lucky.

How about removing element attack completely from any x-attacks and adding element damage to skills like falcons, wolf, tesla, traps?

I might be wrong but I think Tesla and traps already deals element damages.

And balancing def and atk to a point where you actually feel a difference between lv 1 weap and PoS weapon?

Agree with that.

EDIT:

And also i dont believe that Summoner and Mages will be properly balanced after this patch too. Healing needs a greater nerf and golgon needs to be removed from PvP as long it can stun other people while its frozen.

Agree with the Healing and Golgon suggestion.

Just saying that i dont understand that Onyzer complained about piercing at all while Destroyer still has random shot. Instead of attacking classes that are more or less balanced we should look at Mages and Drakans.

I mentionned that because it didn't sound fair to me. But as I said Archers are balanced already imo. I guess by Random Shot you meant Two Action Shot, which I didn't think about in the first place, but yes, it should get nerfed if Pierce does.

#53 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:06 AM

i see people critting up to 13k with sniping. With a 40% crit chance you have a good chance to land at least 3 crits with one sniping.

How deal falcons and wolf only 300dmg if people have 2k dmg in a single element?

yeah ​sorry for falcons and wolf but trap and tesla do deal elemental dmg

I don't see a reason why falcons and wolf shouldn't deal elemental dmg then

40% out of 100% so it's not really "at least 3 crits with one snipe"

it also doesn't happen often to get 3 crit 

I just tested in game and the result can be from 0 to 4 times crit. It happens often with only 1-2 crit, 3 crit sometimes and 4 crit is very rarely. Sometimes it also happens with 0 crit

So saying that we deal 50k dmg per snipe is quite false.

And still the reality is sentinel can deal as much as us or even more from one full combo, before this patch.

Edited by easykill1215, 31 January 2018 - 05:08 AM.

#54 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:52 AM

i got one question about the PVP change. it this pvp effect the community damage too in PVP community mode?

#55 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:09 AM

i got one question about the PVP change. it this pvp effect the community damage too in PVP community mode?

Yes.

#56 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:42 AM

If I could add to Archer chain combos, I noticed the Archer and Warrior chain combos are far more susceptible to intense lag which interferes with the animations or even cancels the combo even when inputs are properly timed.

Summoners have two single button imputs on both their crowd control chain combos. Archers on the other hand require both button and directional inputs. Try to perform consistent chain combos in a 15vs15 bsq on Sentinel/Destroyer during a clustered team fight with tons of animations going on, you'll see what I mean.

The same can be said for Warriors, although Dragoons have less problems with this. When the chain combos have bigger numbers of inputs, pulling the whole thing is more susceptible to being cancelled by lag.

You gotta see it from a clustered fighting viewpoint. Not just smaller groups.

#57 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:49 AM

I doubt any class was designed to be focused on x spam as their main dmg, if you remember, in first place the chaincombo was not meant to be reapeted after the first hit of it. Besides if i remember correctly the idea for highest attackspeed was around 200%. made by the former devs long time ago. I doubt any class was invented as x spamming class, we the community made them those so called x spam classes by finding ways of stacking much attackspeed and finding ways to repeat the first chaincombo hit which lead to the implementation of the fast x attack so everyone has access to it

#58 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:The One With A Dragon On

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:53 AM

It is not about taking something away just for fun, it is about fixing something which is not intended as it is now and can be considered as bug.

ArcherCombo.jpg

Let me see if I understood this correctly. You're gonna patch chaincombos on archers due to the description of the skill not being exactly the same as the actual usage it? This "Anomalous combo" could be if you finish a combo which requires two presses of Z such as Down+Z + Z = Stun. After you have done that it wont continue, as it works with every single combination you try, I think that rather than saying that it's not working as intended, I'd say that the wording of the description isn't working as intended. It is true that if you finish a combo then it won't continue but I don't think it's a bug that you're able to use Down+Z and Side+Z in the same combo.

Another way to look at it is that maybe it counts using anomalous combo as the act of going from an X-based attack into the Z chain combos that they have, thus making the chain combo stop and going over to an X-attack instead.

If you want to patch the archers chain combos like you accidentaly did some months ago when the post instantly blew up and a lot of people were disagreeing with the patch then it's your choise to do so. I don't think it's gonna be taken that well for the part of the community that enjoys this class since it ruins a thing that has now become a core mechanic of that class.

Saying that something is a bug from the description of the skill, I could search for skills that does close to nothing of what the description shows since I've seen plenty in the past. I'm not trying to be biased against this update since I can play any class and have no soulmate relationship to a specific class, but what I'm saying is that this will probably not be taken as a good thing by many players.

Tell me if I misunderstood what you were trying to say and I agree with a cooldown on the second usage of the down+Z chain combo but I see no reason to patch the chain combos into becoming a one time use  for only rolling then having to do it over again.

EDIT:

Some examples

https://gyazo.com/c9...5b62202324609ab

You can't activate it with ?+Z

This one uses (->+Attack) https://gyazo.com/74...56aad4b078179a3

https://gyazo.com/8e...ac5c3f248a42c17

Doesn't push the enemy back at all.

https://gyazo.com/ab...300bfa0767b2997

Only damages the enemy, no pushing back.

https://gyazo.com/f6...bbe23964a800901

"repeatadly hitting Space Bar." You only have to hold it down.

https://gyazo.com/5d...8f0e12f8e0f3990

This knocks up the enemy, not down.

https://gyazo.com/dd...694c3eeee945069

This stuns the enemy, not throwing them up high.

https://gyazo.com/c7...b45abeb399fc36e

Nice that it cuts off in the middle of the explanation.

https://gyazo.com/99...bc07b99d4f50d09

If you get hit mid-animation you will only drag them towards you and not stun.

https://gyazo.com/f5...dc834df83b492cb

In PvP this is more like 10%

https://gyazo.com/4e...3d7d153db554f25

Element damage is still applied and I took 1100 dmg instead of 1.

https://gyazo.com/20...e8b214a6c1927cb

This knocks up the enemy not slowing them.

These are just some examples and I could go on taking skill for skill and analyzing them and see what they truly do.

Edited by Yuumikitsu, 31 January 2018 - 07:47 AM.

#59 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:30 AM

I doubt any class was designed to be focused on x spam as their main dmg, if you remember, in first place the chaincombo was not meant to be reapeted after the first hit of it. Besides if i remember correctly the idea for highest attackspeed was around 200%. made by the former devs long time ago. I doubt any class was invented as x spamming class, we the community made them those so called x spam classes by finding ways of stacking much attackspeed and finding ways to repeat the first chaincombo hit which lead to the implementation of the fast x attack so everyone has access to it

Though the X spam modifiers existed before any idea of Chain Combos or Summoners even, most of them except for Priests were widely ignored as back then skills had way more preference. Destroyers Two-Action and Random shots had very lacking damage and the wonky non-chain combo animations for them weren't worth it either.

Diffusion vs Double Shot for Priests even had little debate for PvP despite today now being upto preference for AoE vs Single target.

Summoners non-chain combo Smart Shot was okay but never brought to an extreme level like now due to the class never initially being popular. Their 4th job skills were released late and they had the issue of old aim/evade. They had PvP potential but no one wanted to go that far until Chain Combos and their 4th job skklls came out and then eventually Galaxia reworked the Aim/Evade.

As for other classes, non-existent pre-chain combos aside from maybe a couple hits added to a combo depending on the class (Mostly Rogues and Paladins due to their natural speed and in your face combo style).

Chain combos were in development at the same time as the World's Collide update. It was intended to be an improvement to low levels and give some aid to classes. Some parts of that are shown. It made Destroyers useless X-spam modifiers very good, gave Overlords a use for the abundance of Attack Speed their set bonuses all gave, helped the Warrior and Thief's difficult level 1-20, gave Sentinels some aid. But then we get to Priests and Summoners, nothing that hasn't already been said in 1,000 posts now. This was back when annoying flinches and knockbacks still existed with them as well.

The chain combos were released pretty mixed up. Some good, some overpowered, some underwhelming. It might be a case of the future redesign.

Then again, chain combos were supposed to be Gravity's big PvP balance patch that was canned because the multiple servers couldn't reach a compromise we didn't know we were supposed to do. But that's in the past now.

#60 bluelokura

bluelokura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:59 AM

Firstly, I would like to know if these changes also affect battle square. For example, you banned fighter's weaving skill from bsq, yet they can still use weaving and power weaving at pvp. Secondly, I would like to know why you haven't answered whether you will balance wide heal skill for pvp and/or battle square, because it's very simple: Less damage means it will be harder to kill healing clerics at both pvp and battle square. I feel like, with this changes, we are going back to chapter 3 where the only way to kill a geared healing cleric or warmage, was 5 people spamming them. I think you should take all aspects of this game into consideration before doing any changes. Otherwise let's all make mages, catch flags at battle square, run and heal, since you'll need 5 people attacking you to get killed.

#61 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:17 AM

Firstly, I would like to know if these changes also affect battle square. For example, you banned fighter's weaving skill from bsq, yet they can still use weaving and power weaving at pvp. Secondly, I would like to know why you haven't answered whether you will balance wide heal skill for pvp and/or battle square, because it's very simple: Less damage means it will be harder to kill healing clerics at both pvp and battle square. I feel like, with this changes, we are going back to chapter 3 where the only way to kill a geared healing cleric or warmage, was 5 people spamming them. I think you should take all aspects of this game into consideration before doing any changes. Otherwise let's all make mages, catch flags at battle square, run and heal, since you'll need 5 people attacking you to get killed.

Well even currently before the patch, 4-5 people spamming are already needed to kill a high-end stacked invoker especially when they have the same ele type as you. What could kill them are summoners and invokers themselves  :heh:

The dmg nerf is quite harsh tbh. After 0.7s your dmg will be decreased by 70%. That means after only like 4-5 shots, your dmg is as weak as without the buff.

I think the time to decrease the dmg to the minimum can be increased to 1.5s or something, 0.7s is really too quick.

Or the dmg reduction can be a bit lower, like 50 or 60% instead of 70% so they still have benefit than without the buffs.

Just feel funny that it will even be weaker than without using it.

They're also tbh just strong against the one with different type of ele dmg because people will have like 0 elemental defense against them. If the enemy has the same type of ele dmg, their dmg will be quite low already

Edit: An idea of giving other classes more dmg to fight against them would be better than nerfing their dmg. It won't be fun to spam for whole 1 minute to kill one of them. Especially when EW is quite about killing now and we all know what can kill xspammers are xspammers themselves, the other classes will take ages to kill them. And nerfing them then giving more dmg to other classes also won't be a good idea because after the patch these classes will be super weak already, then if the other classes get more dmg it will just be never balanced and we would have some dead classes  :heh:

I don't say this because these changes will affect me or something, I just see an other side of the change and worry that the game will get more boring. Giving other classes more dmg like ele dmg muptiplier without nerfing the xspammer invoker, summy would be better. I think.

Edited by easykill1215, 31 January 2018 - 11:15 AM.

#62 bluelokura

bluelokura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:31 AM

Well even currently before the patch, 4-5 people spamming are already needed to kill a high-end stacked invoker especially when they have the same ele type as you. What could kill them are summoners and invokers themselves  :heh:

The dmg nerf is quite harsh tbh. After 0.7s your dmg will be decreased by 70%. That means after only like 4-5 shots, your dmg is as weak as without the buff.

I think the time to decrease the dmg to the minimum can be increased to 1.5s or something, 0.7s is really too quick.

Or the dmg reduction can be a bit lower, like 50 or 60% instead of 70% so they still have benefit than without the buffs.

Just feel funny that it will even be weaker than without using it.

They're also tbh just strong against the one with different type of ele dmg because people will have like 0 elemental defense against them. If the enemy has the same type of ele dmg, their dmg will be quite low already

I agree with you. I think it will be better to use single shot. For example, when I fight same element with my summoner, I do more damage with single shot, even the critical hits are higher, because once you use helix shot, critical damage calculations stop making sense. If I do 1200 damage on someone, my critical hits should be at least 2400 (that would be having base critical damage 200%). With 500% cdamage, the critical hits should be of 6000, yet they are 1900 wtf lol. Numbers on this game have always been weird. With single shot, by contrast, I do 4k critical hits, so after this nerf, it will always be better to use single shot instead of helix shot, that way you avoid the nerf to element damage as well :D.

Edited by bluelokura, 31 January 2018 - 08:35 AM.

#63 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

before talking about change like that for other class maybe we should wait and see what arcadia part 3 will give us in term of new set and weapon and stat.

Let try the new change for a full week and see if it really like we think it will be in damage base.

50% reduction on dual shot it not that heavy when you think we can kill a other character in 5 sec it will now be 10. PVP is suppose to be team play not solo vs solo. we might see more team play to take down some one now.

So i say wait and see situation.

#64 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

It is not about taking something away just for fun, it is about fixing something which is not intended as it is now and can be considered as bug.

ArcherCombo.jpg

I ​don't see anywhere in the description says that stun chain should have a cooldown and I don't think the description is wrong nor the skill is not working like intended. So it shouldn't be a bug

This is how I understand the description:

Please explain me if I'm wrong. 

If my video explained right then the chain combo can't be given cooldown for the reason of "bug fix", it can only be given for the reason of "nerf"

And for the reason of nerf as I listed before there are several reasons why it shouldn't have a cooldown.

People who used it to spam lock are only in BSQ and so BSQ is a group fight. Just like how Coolsam mentioned, if there are many people in each team, it's already very hard to use it to lock someone. The first thing that can stop you is the fps drop, when your fps drops low you can't use the chain combo like how you wanted. The second thing is their teammates will likely to save them after a while because spamming it will give a result of very low dmg and there are also many other ways to kill them or lock them better while dealing more dmg.

I assume people who complained about this are just a few that got locked to dead for few times without anyone saving them. But they should know like I mentioned before, every classes can lock someone to dead, not only archers's stun chain combo.

#65 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:05 AM

All class are capable of locking as mentioned above but it seems like 1 skill constantly infinite locking on its own has been shut down before. For instance, paladins being able to infinite lock with level 10 hammer and time reverse active.

#66 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

All class are capable of locking as mentioned above but it seems like 1 skill constantly infinite locking on its own has been shut down before. For instance, paladins being able to infinite lock with level 10 hammer and time reverse active.

Well basicly yes every class can lock everyone for 24/7 the matter of that statement is the difficulty level of how to lock someone. As for classes like Ninja where ur scared of those sad 25% chance of stun rate on violent blow or needance of throwing someone into the air compared to just spamm Cross Cut and spear jab. Hammer lvl 10 is too just 95% its not 100% lock tho . But yes ur point is valid everyone can stun lock.

#67 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

before talking about change like that for other class maybe we should wait and see what arcadia part 3 will give us in term of new set and weapon and stat.

Let try the new change for a full week and see if it really like we think it will be in damage base.

50% reduction on dual shot it not that heavy when you think we can kill a other character in 5 sec it will now be 10. PVP is suppose to be team play not solo vs solo. we might see more team play to take down some one now.

So i say wait and see situation.

Well ​just a bit additional info to the dmg. I tested the invoker's dmg with my friend and he can kill someone that has the different ele type within 7 seconds but for someone with same ele type, he will need 16 seconds.

Tested with diffusion cannon, which is 50% stronger than dual shot (3 shots instead of 2)

So with dual shot like you said, it will be slower as well 

Edit: forgot to mention that the 2 people he attacked has around 160k hp archer. So if the target is mage that has 200k+ hp like how they all have, it will also surely take longer.

So 5s with dual shot was never the case

Edited by easykill1215, 31 January 2018 - 11:23 AM.

#68 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

Servers are back online.

Please update your game to version 0.6.34.

The game client is updated to version 10.2.0.19.

Additional Infos:

- the Power-Up button in the Item Mall (Cash Shop) is now taking the players to the WarpPortal account login and after logging-in directly to the payment page for non-steam users

- the balloons in the Vending Machine have been replaced by 2 other balloons

Thank you for your patience. Enjoy!

#69 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

what about the mutisha  set drop rate? '' Cloak'' :p_hi:

#70 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

The damage reduction over time is not working on Destroyers.

EDIT: Tried on all the other ones and they are working. Only Random Shot didn't get nerf.

Edited by Onyzer, 31 January 2018 - 01:29 PM.

#71 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

Works on invo.

#72 blacshift

blacshift

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

I will only say
 MAGICIANS TO THE POWER OF DRAGONICA
THANK YOU GM FOR THE GREAT PATCH -.-

Edited by blacshift, 31 January 2018 - 01:32 PM.

#73 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

lol no one could kill mages with all that reduction, not to mention the lower end classes can't do anything anyways.

Also with this done, I'm guessing players who do not have +20 gear with maxed elemental attack provide nearly nothing. Pretty sure nearly everyone on one side quit because of the sole fact there was no chance to take flags.

Imagine if death buffs were still here godam lol...

Edited by Agitodesu, 31 January 2018 - 01:25 PM.

#74 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

The best way to go would be to buff low tier classes instead of nerfing the strong ones I guess.

#75 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Exactly that. No one wants dragoons, overlords, or ninjas. Savages are acceptable if a team has a perfect mage team. They don't function properly to help kill like other classes. If we just nerf current top tier dps to do less damage than the current bottom tier classes. Mages will still be number 1, because of utility skills, tankiness, healing factor and so on. Even if you DO stop the healing completely the current bottom tier classes will have an extremely hard time to solo kill something like a warmage due to something called mana barrier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users