What's with the sudden surge in prices? - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's with the sudden surge in prices?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic

#76 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:36 AM

'-'

#77 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:52 AM

imo, if ragial didnt exist, buy and sell would still be a thing. ragial killed it when people can see everything in one search. also the history of it's price. buyers tend to say "i saw it on ragial it was X00m you are OP". and sellers always put up a store with the same or even higher price and say "this is the average price in ragial you are low balling".

nowadays, you can only buy and sell items that aren't in ragial e.g. 1b+/can't be vended but can be traded

Before it's ROs fault and now it's ragial's fault... Wtf are you serious? It's always BUY and SELL. You will just end up complaining and complaining. BUY and SELL always work.

#78 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:03 AM

why do I have a feeling this inflation will stick around and eventually become the norm?

​is this a sign of iRO's Chaos server inevitable demise?

If KP remains to be this expensive, then I think this server will self destruct.

#79 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

all i'm saying is that we have different situations; i'll cite an example how i get you

when cylinder hairband first came out i think the price was around 1.5b+ during the first or second week. I had a friend who was a little bit of a whale but we grew together in ro so he opt to price stuff i wanted to buy off him with discounts. thus that specific time i got it for 600-700m i don't remember. was that legal, yes, because we have no formal price mark for it. but this model does not work for other people, specially to market people that deal with transactions fast phased and does not like to mingle

i get why you say supply and demand is non-existent but to some it is. because not everyone is friends with everybody, not every supplier must be friends with everybody and they'd probably limit that to make a profit to cover the discounts he/she gives (if said person is generous then he/she can disregard that for his/her friends but still, there must be a limit to what they can give). we for example are acquaintances, you have friends that may or may not sell me discounted items and the same my friends to you. some not at all

also we already said we get you, but the argument isn't sufficient to answer the query in its general form

i'm sorry my long post is making you sleep

#80 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:32 AM

Supply and Demand do exist, there is a reason why OCP items are cheaper when the box first came out, got a lot more expensive when it is replaced by a new box, and cheaper again when fire sale is active.

#81 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

why do I have a feeling this inflation will stick around and eventually become the norm?

If KP remains to be this expensive, then I think this server will self destruct.

OCP was the sign.  :heh:

#82 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

They could standardize the prices by selling OCP items for a fixed amount of zeny. Or they could offer alternative ways to get it. OCP items have made the KP value sky rocket to a point where if you don't have a spare 2b on hand (which WAS a lot of zeny for some, but now... :X) then you won't be able to keep up with the meta.

#83 Svoike

Svoike

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:17 PM

The bots came from re:start here to chaos. Because the know the full truth about the 24/7 bot hunting team+the staffs will doing nothing against crisis(look the past from re:start ingame& forum)

Edited by Svoike, 07 February 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#84 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

Zeny is easy to farm. Now that cheap South American WPE sellers are gone, the remaining WPE sellers such as myself should be able to raise the price again. In fact my A/S is anywhere around 300m-350m/1k WPE hahaha

OCP was the sign. :heh:

It’s stupid way before OCPs arrived. Certain PvM classes are way to stronger is a bad sign. It makes other players who don’t want to play these said OP classs quit the game because they can’t farm fast enough or can’t compete in MvP. Just like how certain WoE classes made people rage quit WoE.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 07 February 2018 - 12:28 PM.

#85 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

either hoarder controlling market price or this game became heavy cash oriented

if it 1st, you can just wait until price falling. just need time and patient

but i guess zeny not worthy anymore 

cause most relevant equip bought from the box and you need pay WPE for it

that makes devaluate zeny as ingame currency

Edited by Azumatsu, 07 February 2018 - 12:44 PM.

#86 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

They could standardize the prices by selling OCP items for a fixed amount of zeny. Or they could offer alternative ways to get it. OCP items have made the KP value sky rocket to a point where if you don't have a spare 2b on hand (which WAS a lot of zeny for some, but now... :X) then you won't be able to keep up with the meta.

It's a great idea but sounds hard for gravity.

They could at least sell it outside the boxes,gambling for meta change cash shop itens is stupid, but i doubt this could solve the problem

It’s stupid way before OCPs arrived. Certain PvM classes are way to stronger is a bad sign. It makes other players who don’t want to play these said OP classs quit the game because they can’t farm fast enough or can’t compete in MvP. Just like how certain WoE classes made people rage quit WoE.

It makes even the op pvm class users quit ( those without 2b to spend every month).

#87 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

Speaking of price surge, it seems that the safe to 7 certs prices are going up suddenly today, apparently driven by the anticipation that refine event goes away after tomorrow's maintenance, and the fear that another refine event will not happen in recent future. A lot more ppls will be refining tonight trying to make use of the last chance to make use of enriched hammer, and there aint enough certs for all these buyers in panic. Demand and Supply, they do exist and especially at times like this.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 07 February 2018 - 02:04 PM.

#88 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

Before it's ROs fault and now it's ragial's fault... Wtf are you serious? It's always BUY and SELL. You will just end up complaining and complaining. BUY and SELL always work.

whatever floats yer goats

#89 layupka

layupka

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

soo.. what will happen now?please don't make us players RMT dependent.. it is in the rules. XD

#90 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

KP price would have to reach an absurd number to get people into buying WPE again because most cant really see how this OCP spam is going to save this server while in the meantime GMs tend to restart and hide behind the "we are waiting for kRO"-wall that releases them from any kind of responsibility whatsoever, as they did for the past 10 years.

#91 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:12 PM

Dapack with Demand and Supply. It doesn't exist. If you have the opportunity to grab items for cheap prices.. Grab them fast and demand & supply wont even exist. We don't have a government here. Merchants control the market, there is no SRP whatsoever, we players control the game.

soo.. what will happen now?please don't make us players RMT dependent.. it is in the rules. X

Wtf with RMT dependent. Play the game not the lottery.

when cylinder hairband first came out i think the price was around 1.5b+ during the first or second week. I had a friend who was a little bit of a whale but we grew together in ro so he opt to price stuff i wanted to buy off him with discounts. thus that specific time i got it for 600-700m i don't remember. was that legal, yes

When cylinder came out you bought it 600-700m? You better find a new friend. I got 6 of them for 150m when it first came out. and got +7-9 the 3rd week for 450m. No friend/guild related. Just waiting in open pub in eden.

#92 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

that only worked cause you waited at the start when the price wasnt cemented and there is people that dont know the price 

#93 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

'-'

#94 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:31 PM

'-'

#95 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

that only worked cause you waited at the start when the price wasnt cemented and there is people that dont know the price 

Do I need to repeat again? If you have the opportunity to grab items for cheap prices.. Grab them fast.

#96 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

I can see how if the value of your time is worthless, you might believe that waiting to buy items scam-level cheap is a good idea.

#97 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

I can see how if the value of your time is worthless, you might believe that waiting to buy items scam-level cheap is a good idea.

sleeping-face_1f634.pngsleeping-face_1f634.pngsleeping-face_1f634.png

#98 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

When cylinder came out you bought it 600-700m? You better find a new friend. I got 6 of them for 150m when it first came out. and got +7-9 the 3rd week for 450m. No friend/guild related. Just waiting in open pub in eden.

dude you should have gotten my point rather than comparing. we both got discounts. i told you the price i got it for was unusual, so did you.

i'll give you tldrs

all i'm saying is that we have different situations

this model does not work for other people, specially to market people that deal with transactions fast phased and does not like to mingle

i get why you say supply and demand is non-existent but to some it is. because not everyone is friends with everybody, not every supplier must be friends with everybody

we for example are acquaintances, you have friends that may or may not sell me discounted items and the same my friends to you. some not at all (can be modified to say different pricing applies)

also we already said we get you, but the argument isn't sufficient to answer the query in its general form

good lord i'm not playing "who's the big guy" with you just to feed your ego. jesus

#99 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

As suggested by my good friend here.. A long time forum dude... Well done...

#100 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

i value my time tho :v i got school plus i don't really pay the electric bills so i don't leave my comp on (prolly laptop but still)

plus i am very impatient. you got lotsa segments in my statement, so still

the argument isn't sufficient to answer the query in its general form

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users