What's with the sudden surge in prices? - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's with the sudden surge in prices?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic

#101 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

i value my time tho :v i got school plus i don't really pay the electric bills so i don't leave my comp on (prolly laptop but still)

plus i am very impatient. you got lotsa segments in my statement, so still

Why value time? Time doesn't exist. I even don't know what time is it or what day is it. All I know is Im stuck in this 2D game, baby sitting my characters. I'm also extremely patient and still waiting for cash to come. 

#102 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

that's something like jayden smith would say

#103 Lovens

Lovens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:15 AM

He could be RO's Jaden Smith  :heh:

#104 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:54 AM

You're still here you black cat.. Shuu! Shuu!

#105 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:54 AM

It's a great idea but sounds hard for gravity.

They could at least sell it outside the boxes,gambling for meta change cash shop itens is stupid, but i doubt this could solve the problem

It makes even the op pvm class users quit ( those without 2b to spend every month).

how does a op pvm player not have 2b to spend every month? i make at least 1b  a month while only playing a casually 1-2 hr a day.

before anyone ask,

1. i don't bot

2. I don't do investment

3. i am not going to share my secrets

if you have a couple of 150+ lvl characters and can't make a at least a billion zeny a month. You are the problem not the game.

#106 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:02 PM

I dont see how the community deserves my WPE with the crap i recieve from it.

#107 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

how does a op pvm player not have 2b to spend every month? i make at least 1b  a month while only playing a casually 1-2 hr a day.

before anyone ask,

1. i don't bot

2. I don't do investment

if you have a couple of 150+ lvl characters and can't make a at least a billion zeny a month. You are the problem not the game.

Considering that doing 16.1 dailies alone takes around an hour (and it is one of the most profitable instances) I dont really see how is one supposed to obtain more than 1b zeny per month

#108 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

Considering that doing 16.1 dailies alone takes around an hour (and it is one of the most profitable instances) I dont really see how is one supposed to obtain more than 1b zeny per month

The amount you make depends on the characters you play and how many you have. On average a player can make 1b per month assuming they can run say... HTF at least once a day, OGH once a day and ET once a week.

However, if you have access to two characters that can do that, suddenly 2b a month. I know people who make more zeny in a month than I do in a year, but that also reflects hard grinding, so much so that I would never do it due to burnout.

But this is just the PVM route, there is also flipping etc.

#109 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

Oh boy ... you have no idea. Seeing how zeny is very cheap should be a good indicator how zeny is easily farmed. I assume that your main is probably not a PvM-orientated class.

#110 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

before anyone ask,

1. i don't bot

2. I don't do investment

+10 Buddy. I also play 3 to 4 times a week 2-3 hours/day work wise. No grinding no technicalities whatsoever. I already giving them a hint but there is nothing we can do about it. They will just complain and complain, blame someone else, and reply you with a pointless argument.

#111 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:54 PM

1 hour of 16.1 farm per day, and you have at least 700m and 10 days remaining.

#112 hilaw

hilaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

Law of supply and demand.

And someone is hording some items, to make the price go high.

#113 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

Honor token
GFSS
Coagulated spell

With a chance on OCA/MCA

Zeny is abundant

#114 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:22 PM

assets in general is probably abundant yeah, but zeny, errrm i dunno. because if it is abundant, people wouldn't really feel the surge in prices

if you mean it's abundant per people in which it's concentrated to one source, then i'd agree. but the thing is, item availability is also taken into consideration by the community. oca prices, mca prices, etc. farmable stuff prices are the best example, in which it would be easier to determine in the market if people are willing to sell the thing, consistently. which is totally different for kp boxes, by which availability is provided by wp (aka other stuff in the market that's quite relevant). sure i can get 1b per month (and that b has probably been circulated from selling and buying other stuff too), be it buy and sell (lowball and highball etc etc) or farming or whichever. but the problem is the surge in prices, there's no need for them

i wish we would at least still have groove boxes every month too. each box for their own purpose, could probably dish out income too

#115 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

I am not pulling my own chair here. But for god-sake you're already talking to billionaires here "long time players" who are giving you pieces of advice so that you will not feel the surge of price. I my self started registering in the forum last January to help those left behind. I am not suppose to join the forum but some guys here need some help. And some of you thought that long time players are gone dead already but we are not. Many of us are still here and we are just playing some other characters. We can be your future supplier or friend who can help you buy things in normal price. I started selling magical stone for 3 months and after getting the right amount of zeny, I started eyeing some stuff and made 500m per month at base level 100-110 (single character only). 1.5B to 2B per month when i was at level 130. That time i was playing not more than 3 hours per day and 5 days per week. And now that its all in my hand, I can see prices the same as it is. It doesn't even matter if it goes down or high. I always see things fair and right. Its just a matter of strategy and patience. Offcourse socialization is a great asset. If you want to get technical with patience and socialization so be it. There's nothing we can do with your philosophy.

#116 ngpete

ngpete

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:08 AM

I kinda feel that the discussion went slightly off topic.  :heh:

Imo, the price surge is probably due to everyone being greedy. Everyone is trying to rip everyone off so that they can buy what they need.

I was looking at pororoca and now selling at 1B for a +0.  :hmm:  I gave up.

#117 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:45 AM

The center bank just printed out money and dumped into circulation  :heh:

#118 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:57 AM

The amount you make depends on the characters you play and how many you have. On average a player can make 1b per month assuming they can run say... HTF at least once a day, OGH once a day and ET once a week.

However, if you have access to two characters that can do that, suddenly 2b a month. I know people who make more zeny in a month than I do in a year, but that also reflects hard grinding, so much so that I would never do it due to burnout.

But this is just the PVM route, there is also flipping etc.

ET full run in a group or are you talking about solo run up to certain floor? 

I'm not sure where does the profit come from in case of HTF, likely OCA from boxes. For OGH it's probably Coagulated spell selling?

Edited by asperatus, 11 February 2018 - 12:59 AM.

#119 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:15 AM

ET full run in a group or are you talking about solo run up to certain floor? 

I'm not sure where does the profit come from in case of HTF, likely OCA from boxes. For OGH it's probably Coagulated spell selling?

NTF - MCA from boss, OCA/MCA from treasure Box

OGH - 2 OCA and 10+ coags

ET - would be probably solo to reach that amount.

#120 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:18 AM

I kinda feel that the discussion went slightly off topic.  :heh:

Imo, the price surge is probably due to everyone being greedy. Everyone is trying to rip everyone off so that they can buy what they need.

I was looking at pororoca and now selling at 1B for a +0.  :hmm:  I gave up.

It's really like that. I'll give you some insight on when you should save and when you should buy. This is not a good month to buy anything but a good month to save. As said by some that its about supply and demand, i totally disagree with that. Mid April or early March is the time to buy everything you need and it will last until October. When November arrives, time to sell and get rich. It will end until March or early April. It's up to you how i figured that out but its a simple marketing analysis. 

For newbies, this is their time to get rich.. Specially those who will start with M.Stone.

Edited by Ecologist, 11 February 2018 - 02:27 AM.

#121 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:40 AM

i know of human greed, i acknowledge it happening

right now most of my friends says that people aren't biting in selling their goods for cheap because sellers think it's for a limited time. in reality, some people (might include me) are buying kp instead to get said goods (that should be a good thing for wp, since they're now targeting actual people that aren't just playing the marketplace, and focusing on pvm needs) specially gums for a more worth it price

for wp it's a win-win on my view

• the more people think marketplace prices are insane the more they would love to buy kp instead.
  • marketplace goods left that are persistent with their higher than supposed prices would opt to sell for a longer period of time (that's their thinking apparently by saying one is not in a rush) or ponder about using them instead which is good to say one person buys off a need.
  • players could now have fondness over stuff in the cash shop and would opt to get them theie instead of dealing with persistent greedy dealers.

my only stand is that supply and demand exists. if it didn't then not many people would have put much thought in thinking "oh there is no faw in cash shop these days so i can sell it for 800m". that alone gives people the thought it is evident, and people going with that basis for transactions (which you can quantify thanks to ragial on confidence and item popularity, unless a person takes up time to buy and sell his own goods just to trick the ragial bot).

#122 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:03 AM

people who don't believe in the law of supply and demand are just as stupid as flat earthers.

The surge in prices is too sudden it felt like somebody either:

1. dumped hundreds of billions into the server

2. huge number of people suddenly decided to go on hiatus

If it's due to massive quitting, we would see a lot of people selling their items at rush price. We would have seen a huge drop in prices followed by this. Tho what makes more sense is almost half of the server just decided to go on hiatus and keep their old gears with them. I guess this is why economists/policy makers encourage consumerism. Money not circulating is not really good for the economy even if there's growth.

Edited by mikkotinamide, 11 February 2018 - 03:08 AM.

#123 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:10 AM

Well I don't believe in Demand and Supply. Hahaha..

+ Wait until summer... They will just come back...

#124 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:12 AM

if it's people availability and kp buying frequency that's a different model. both supply and demand + that model could co exist. but that model doesn't make it so that supply and demand doesn't exist lol

#125 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:15 AM

Now I believe that there's always a separation of the Rich and the Poor.. The Looser and the Winner... Hahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users