What's with the sudden surge in prices? - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's with the sudden surge in prices?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic

#151 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

Oh yeah I forgot FAW. Well .. I'd rather have OP items obtainable via cash shop rather than via in game. All loots that can be farmed from instances sell for nothing. In fact only few MvP cards are worth buying and other MvP cards are crap. Old players or vets run tons of characters to farm and try to hold the market power, saturating market so quickly. 

Moreover, WoE is dead. That's the mark of game death. Now PvM, everyone who play Gen or GX or WL can farm easily i.e they're efficient. Anybody who doesnt want to re-roll and invest resources can just quit because they're inefficient.

Cheap WPE sellers also have quit. Now players cant buy 1k WPE for less than $10. I've never done this but I was told from South American players that it could go as cheap as $5. PvM players who farm zeny most efficient get to stay. Those who farm zeny less efficient get forced to quit because they cant afford a high price of WPE. It will only go up.

It's unfortunate that they need to put good items in cash shop to get people to buy. Though game used to be P2P and it even went by minutes i.e 30 online minutes game card, unlimited 2 days game card, etc but that didnt work out. If no good it ems in cash shop to encourage spending money in game, game would of shut down long time ago when the game became F2P.

So wait I don't understand, why do you want OP items to be available only in cash shop? Because people who spend money deserve it more than people who play the game?

#152 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

So wait I don't understand, why do you want OP items to be available only in cash shop? Because people who spend money deserve it more than people who play the game?

Because iRO is not a charity. It’s a firm and the only goal every firm has is to maximize revenues.

I hate to have OP gears in Cash shop but since the majority of F2P players don’t want to pay for a monthly sub. Then too bad :/

#153 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:43 PM

Chakri already explained it, but I will emphasize it again. This is business, not charity. Also ppls who spend money aint necessarily the ones who dont play the game.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 14 February 2018 - 11:46 PM.

#154 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

General business sense says that 80% of your revenue comes from 20% of your customers. This principal gets thrown around a lot. That doesn't mean that you don't design your product for the 20% of people that spend the most. You still need to deliver a product the masses enjoy.

If you only cater to the 20%, who as you both say - don't play the game, that's pretty bad for the overall health of a video game development company. You know, who's job it is to make a game people play.

Because when you focus on the 20%, 80% leave. Then 20% of your 20% is left earning you the most money. Then you focus on them and suddenly 80% of your previous top 20% are gone.

This continues until eventually you have about as many whales as SeaWorld. And like SeaWorld, everyone will hate you.

A good business would focus on making their game appealing to the most people, not just the 20%. Because 20% of 150,000 is much more than 20% of 2,000.

Do you think that if I bought 5,000 copies of a book I never read, the author should take my opinions into consideration for their sequel?

#155 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

My own definition of OP only dictates that if the gear cannot be obtained or accessed freely in the market.

....and to say only money spenders deserve to have it...............well it does go into the market as well................

#156 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

That 80-20 principle is quite interesting but if the opposite were to happen and the game actually focused on free dead-weight 80%, the paying 20% would be gone very fast and the company could just shut down right away.

A good business would focus on making their game appealing to the most people who are willing to support the game.

#157 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

You're right. Fundamental economic principles are wrong.

Get real dude.

#158 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:54 PM

A good business would focus on making their game appealing to the most people who are willing to support the game.

And more or less 90% of the players who support this game are F2P players... and that's already a fact...

#159 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:39 PM

Not really, I never say economic principles are wrong. It doesnt matter if you're a F2P or P2W player, less skilled/less efficient players in both areas will have hard times coping with changes in game. Never blame the game lol

#160 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • LocationVancouver (British Columbia)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:39 AM

We got an arrogant somebody selling +10 Abusive Dex5 7B while giving a warning that low baller will be ignore (in red letter too lol). Here we are wondering why IRO's economy is so F up, it just ridiculous. They should be ashame of themselves for coming up with a price like that.

The funny thing is these mother ...know that the -_- they're selling is way overprice yet they are giving a warning that low baller will be ignore. What the F is even a low baller anymore when the majority of them are selling overprice -_- themselves!! Nothing made sense with these outright arrogant people and they are ruining IRO's economy. My questions to you is how in the F do we let that type of people exist and get away with it everytime?!!!! How the F does that happen.

Edited by RogerKhan, 16 February 2018 - 08:59 AM.

#161 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

We got an arrogant somebody selling +10 Abusive Dex5 7B while giving a warning that low baller will be ignore (in red letter too lol). Here we are wondering why IRO's economy is so F up, it just ridiculous. They should be ashame of themselves for coming up with a price like that.

The funny thing is these mother ...know that the -_- they're selling is way overprice yet they are giving a warning that low baller will be ignore. What the F is even a low baller anymore when the majority of them are selling overprice -_- themselves!! Nothing made sense with these people and they are ruining IRO's economy. My questions to you is how in the F do we let that type of people exist and get away with it everytime?!!!! How the F does that happen.

Just ignore them bro. Let those gears rot on their storage.

#162 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:11 AM

The funny thing is these mother ...know that the -_- they're selling is way overprice yet they are giving a warning that low baller will be ignore. What the F is even a low baller anymore when the majority of them are selling overprice -_- themselves!! Nothing made sense with these outright arrogant people and they are ruining IRO's economy. My questions to you is how in the F do we let that type of people exist and get away with it everytime?!!!! How the F does that happen.

in my personal opinion anyone offering a less then a billion on a item i am selling via chat in eden. if i want to sell for less then a billion i would have vended it.

#163 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

The other day I was looking for +13 BXB EA2 (AK) and somebody offers me 5b then I paused for a second thinking who is this person and what led him to be like that. There are so many questions in my head. When he replied me that he's actually serious about selling it for 5b, that's when I realize that it's too late to save IRO's economy. That's the moment when I said, this is it for IRO, it really has come down to this. What more shocking is that, there are so many sellers right now as i'm typing offering to sell their items for such ridiculous price thinking it was perfectly fine. They take trading as a joke and got away with it over and over again. This is an example for snowball effect, when one person think it's fine for somebody to offer +13 BXB EA2 for 5b, another person start to do it. It so sad to see the game that I love go down this low. I can only shake my head and say this is it.

Edited by RogerKhan, 16 February 2018 - 10:58 AM.

#164 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:58 AM

Yeah I know there are a few sellers who always try to overprice their items. They have every right to do this, but smart players just wont buy them, so in the end nothing is going to sell.

#165 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

Yeah I know there are a few sellers who always try to overprice their items. They have every right to do this, but smart players just wont buy them, so in the end nothing is going to sell.

They have the right to do it, I'm not disagreeing with you. The problem is more and more people think that it's fine to do that and it damages an overall game economy. All the innocent players that have nothing to do with this -_- got affected by the selfishness of this particular group of people and that's not ok. Nobody wants to buy anything because the price is too high nor is anyone willing to sell anything because the offer is too low. This is what happen right now in IRO. Why can't we just come together and say hey you know what sometime it's not just about ourselves. Together let's adjust the price of each item back to it correct price so everyone can have a fair share but that will never happen because we human are way too selfish!!! Me first, Me first, Me first I'm not losing anything. I will never be on a losing side, it's never me second this is the nature of  human!! My intention is to drain as much zeny as possible from you and a lot more until you have you nothing. Why should I care about you? It's about me. Until we stop having that mentality and start thinking about both sides as a whole when dealing that's when we can solve the problem. It will never happen.

Edited by RogerKhan, 16 February 2018 - 12:19 PM.

#166 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

Lol about overprice I think someone trying to sell GTB for 45B...if I have that amount of Zeny do you think I am stupid enough to not check the market price? Stop wasting your time

#167 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

Lol about overprice I think someone trying to sell GTB for 45B...if I have that amount of Zeny do you think I am stupid enough to not check the market price? Stop wasting your time

I literally just saw somebody selling GTB for 80B and this is what he said on the chat no lowball. :heh:

#168 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

lol maybe hes trying to sell 2 GTBs for 80b total? But even so its 40b ea, still kinda expensive if you ask me.

#169 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

Overpriced items are very subjective. I would not mind now if a GTB seller would want to sell his card for 45b+. That price is probably inflated-adjusted. Zeny is very cheap.

I'm gonna just say it again that before WPE code was 100-130m. Now as game is too much F2P and most P2W players probably either quit the game or simply dont want to spend as much as they used to, WPE code is now 300m+ and it will only keep going up. I dont think WP accept zeny as a payment for WPE codes.

Unfortunately, WP has made many fatal management mistakes.

#170 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Yeah it can be quite subjective how much is overpriced, though its no way anyone can sell GTB at 80b even if its inflation adjusted. Usually such price tag indicates that the seller doesnt really want to sell. Like earlier someone asked me how much I would sell for my Gene's tengu set, I told him its 5b and he stopped asking. Of course I never wanted to sell it in the first place, but if someone is really desperate to buy for 5b I will sell and then buy another from cheaper sellers.

:p_hi:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 16 February 2018 - 01:04 PM.

#171 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:14 PM

That 80b GTB is trolling lol

#172 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

That 80b GTB is trolling lol

80b no lowball please

#173 bunnyband

bunnyband

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

the guy with abusive dex5 7b, u can tell all of the offers are fake.
4b for stupid enchants? lol please

#174 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

Yeah 16.1 robes price are a joke, especially after that bug.

Edited by fenrir99, 16 February 2018 - 03:06 PM.

#175 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:33 PM

I will be honest, I started playing the game again around September of 2016 till this day. Prices did shift however it was a minor shift. However, the past couple months the market did an immense shift in prices and this was out of nowhere. In all honesty, I feel the staff should really investigate the market in-game, and really should provide feedback on this matter. The market inflated way to suddenly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users