What's with the sudden surge in prices? - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's with the sudden surge in prices?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic

#176 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

Would not be surprised if some people were dupping zenies xD

#177 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

We got an arrogant somebody selling +10 Abusive Dex5 7B while giving a warning that low baller will be ignore (in red letter too lol).

It's simple... Get +0 Abusive enchant them by yourself and make it Dex5 then refine it to +10 and ignore the seller...

I'm gonna just say it again that before WPE code was 100-130m. Now as game is too much F2P and most P2W players probably either quit the game or simply dont want to spend as much as they used to, WPE code is now 300m+ and it will only keep going up. I dont think WP accept zeny as a payment for WPE codes.

Unfortunately, WP has made many fatal management mistakes.

You already have your insight... Who do you think control the game??? Why do you think the prices go up suddenly? It's simple.. About a year ago i sold GTB 25B and some stuffs at cheap prices but when I saw WPE going up so sudden.. I waited for weeks to see if it'll go down but it didn't... So I was forced to adjust my prices.. I think it is the same way why others make it a little bit overpriced because of WPE.. The sudden price surge is about WPE..

#178 Luinachan

Luinachan

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Then i saw someome tried to sell tengu or mob for (very) over priced~ -_-
Just what happened with people nowadays... OCP things defeat mvp card price

#179 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

Why bothered to buy a 300M+ WPE if i can get it at 200M/1k. Its about connections and friendship. LOL

#180 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • LocationVancouver (British Columbia)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Why bothered to buy a 300M+ WPE if i can get it at 200M/1k. Its about connections and friendship. LOL

Your connections is great. I love it. 250m for 1k? LMAFO

I can't play without vip account, that's too rough.

Edited by RogerKhan, 16 February 2018 - 08:02 PM.

#181 XanneAgain

XanneAgain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:40 AM

I guess the common advice given to newcomers is really effective: which is to buy low; sell high. That's another factor too. The snowball is getting bigger and affecting the server in a bigger scale. If you watch closely enough you can observe that to be true in class S gears. Same people buying and selling the exact same items. 2B became 2.2B, then 2.5 and so on. Resellers are going over the top.

#182 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:38 PM

No, the problem is that most of this ocp items are not available In Game! So as time goes by, you need to either re-introduce the items so that people can spend wpe, items availability goes up, and prices technically should go down.

The problem is that the ocp items are re-introduce many many months after initial re-introduction if that.

Back in 2014, hbp and flaws were re-introduce every 3 months or so, with decent drop rates Hence the price was doable, now those items were re-introduce recently at 500kp each box with abysmal drop rates, so what does people do? Naturally Jack up the price.

So to fix this, you have to have a fixed reintroduction of items, so that the flow stays constant, people who don't have the items can spend wpe and the availability will go up, hence prices will go down. This should be done in, intervals of about 3 months or so, with perhaps new ocp plus old ocp in the same month. That way people can get old ocp items.

There is more to it but this is the main issue with inflation, ocp items, etc.

If it was apocalypse, and 100 people have 10 cases of water, they will make darn sure they sell if or trade for a lot!

In the case of abusive robes, make the tokens act bound instead of char bound and that should help with the high prices.

#183 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

Also, 300 kp for 1 ocp with abysmal rates is not good. If you want, keep the rate the same and then drop the kp per ocp to like 100kp.

It is no fun to spend real money on a ocp box, and to never actually get the item you are looking for.

Sorry for the double post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users