How Far We've Fallen Behind - kRO/jRO Translation Station - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How Far We've Fallen Behind

176 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

POPULAR

This is an updated listing of kRO updates that we've yet to have in addition to issues that have yet to be resolved on iRO. Please let me know if there's any corrections that need to be done and I'll update them whenever I can. I'm not up to date on any other lingering issues, so please let me know what I'm missing with links to the corresponding report threads.

Also need help with people linking back to kRO's patch notes if you're going to report new updates to help iRO get the updates from kRO.

Lingering iRO Issues
This is a list of issues that have yet to be resolved by either iRO or kRO.

OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN.

Missing kRO Updates
In 2013, the community came together and discovered that iRO has been gradually falling behind in updates since 2010. Despite CM assurance that they will get those updates on iRO, we instead ended up falling farther and farther behind in updates, to the point that we are now 6 YEARS behind in updates instead of 2 years. Since the original thread has fallen into disuse, I've taken it upon myself to revive these efforts as I'm already compiling kRO patch information for the Ragnarok Wiki.

Instead of Kadelia's checklist in her "What to Look Forward To" thread, I'm simply going to remove updates that we've received instead of checking things off since the checklist method made things very bloated.
Spoiler

Edited by ZeroTigress, 22 July 2019 - 01:25 PM.

#2 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

oh cool! lots of cool stuff last year from kRO hope they implement it soon enough... in iRO

#3 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

Missing WoE TE god items upgrade quest. BTW NVM who want to use it. lol

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

I'm not sure if I translated the Bowling Bash patch correctly. Anyone who knows Korean, feel free to correct me.

Missing WoE TE god items upgrade quest. BTW NVM who want to use it. lol

Date and patch notes, please.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 30 January 2018 - 08:25 PM.

#5 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

It's gotten bigger!

#6 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Missing kRO Updates

A listing of updates that we've yet to receive. Instead of Kadelia's checklist in her "What to Look Forward To" thread, I'm simply going to remove updates that we've received instead of checking things off.

• Royal Guard skill [Shield Spell] corrected. When casting the skill and the player removes a piece of equipment, the casting is cancelled. (Mar 4th, 2015) (I dont think we need this update  :heh: )
  • Nightmare mode Pyramid Dungeon monsters now drop cards (Aug 12th, 2015) (received)
  • The nightmare dungeon Biolabs 5th floor was updated. Instance-exclusive Headgears can be enchanted with powerful new effects.(received) (Dec 23rd, 2015)[/b]
  • Rebel Awakening (May 2016) (received)
  • Temporal Boots updated to allow Rebel/Kagerou/Oboro classes to equip them. (May 2016) (received, but i dont know if set bonus with Giant faceworm skin is working -> https://forums.warpp...-oboro-equips/)

Edited by MrLekkz, 30 January 2018 - 08:52 PM.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Thank you and I've filed the Oboro gear bug under lingering issues. (Since nothing is ever fixed in a timely manner unless it's the cash shop.)

#8 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

I'm not sure if I translated the Bowling Bash patch correctly. Anyone who knows Korean, feel free to correct me.

Date and patch notes, please.

http://ro.gnjoy.com/...iew.asp?seq=156

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

http://ro.gnjoy.com/...iew.asp?seq=156

Oh, that's the sacred treasures quest on the list. I'll append the god items upgrade part.

#10 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

There was ninja patch around November 2016 that fixed Bowling Bash gutter line issue. Unfortunately there is no mention in patch note.

Another major patch last year is improved hugel monster race. But this feature must be 'localized' in IRO since the rewards are +7 - +13 "instant upgrade" certs.

Edited by Sigma1, 30 January 2018 - 10:20 PM.

#11 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:01 AM

• Changed the way Skill re-use delay and Buff duration are shown. (July 4th, 2012)

Don't we have that? There's two shades of black on the skill bar when you cast skills. And buff sidebar is different too.

#12 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:06 AM

Getting hit during movement no longer de-syncs your current position on screen from what the server believes. (January 18th, 2017)

The mechanism behind the scene must be a core of Ragnarok's main program. Client-side or Server-side must be carefully observed and then give it a new algorithm.

When the character is hit, server says the character stops moving but the client says it's fine to keep moving.

Just my guess without seeing the actual source code Gravity Korea is having ...

It maybe just a laziness of dev team who let it exists for a decade or a worry of making new glitches on many newer updates of the game that's not worthy to modify and test.

#13 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

Missing kRO Updates
A listing of updates that we've yet to receive. Instead of Kadelia's checklist in her "What to Look Forward To" thread, I'm simply going to remove updates that we've received instead of checking things off since the checklist method was getting very bloated.
[spoiler]
  • Royal Guard skill [Shield Spell] corrected. When casting the skill and the player removes a piece of equipment, the casting is cancelled. (Mar 4th, 2015)

Make this changes happen please, shield spell highest atk bonus from highest defense shield are meant for RG exclusivity. :p_laugh:

Screw with Royal Guard Shield swapping shield exploit for another class, they only deserves 30 atk boost from it :heh:

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

Don't we have that? There's two shades of black on the skill bar when you cast skills. And buff sidebar is different too.

So we don't have the weird paw icon thing on skills anymore? Haven't been paying attention to my skill bar lately. I'll remove it from the list if that's the case. (Never understood the whole paw thing, that was LONG before Dorams.)

#15 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:07 AM

So we don't have the weird paw icon thing on skills anymore? Haven't been paying attention to my skill bar lately. I'll remove it from the list if that's the case. (Never understood the whole paw thing, that was LONG before Dorams.)

I'm a veteran player, and I don't have any clue what you mean by "paw icon" =S

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:11 AM

We used to have a paw icon when skills were on cooldown or or any form of waiting period.

#17 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

Yeah I remember the paw thing coming with renewal and when we returned it was gone.

unknown.png

#18 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

Yeah I remember the paw thing coming with renewal and when we returned it was gone.

unknown.png

Yeah. It's most DEFINITELY not this anymore. Skill cooldowns will do a black semi-transparent square that counts down the same clockwise fashion that buff timers do. And if it's global-skill delay, everythings blocked out. And skills that have SKILL delay -AND- cast delay, they're even darker and you can tell the difference between the two.

High Heal for example. Cause you know, I main an AB

#19 scrunch3y

scrunch3y

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

(Never understood the whole paw thing, that was LONG before Dorams.)

Paw.
Paws?
Pause! ...on skills.

#20 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

I struck through a few things weve done so they can be removed. If confirmed.

#21 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

Paw.
Paws?
Pause! ...on skills.

Still doesn't make sense before Dorams.

I struck through a few things weve done so they can be removed. If confirmed.

Did we actually get those updates or did you guys just modified the scripting to mimic them?

#22 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

Did we actually get those updates or did you guys just modified the scripting to mimic them?

We for sure got the quake update and thats EXE side. As for the drops when we got the crimson weapons many monsters were updated with fly wings.

#23 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Cat Hand Services has been around longer than the implementation of the paws for cooldown.

A cat hand is a paw? I don't know, man.

#24 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Cat Hand Services has been around longer than the implementation of the paws for cooldown.

A cat hand is a paw? I don't know, man.

True, but Kafra ladies still reigned supreme when it comes to representing RO as a whole, so it's rather odd for them to associate skill usage with cats.

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Updated OP and removed updates that Campitor assures we have received.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users