Restart economy is a JOKE - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Restart economy is a JOKE

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#26 MyPistolsKiss

MyPistolsKiss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

Ban Ragial Bot lol. Prices will come down.

Who needs this new era **** anyway

#27 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

3 months latter.

B> raydric card. 1 acount with 3 novies with max zeny.

Please prove me wrong here

3 months later only 5 people will play here if this keeps going on  :heh:

Also its pretty sad when buying SV illegally is a way better deal than buying it the right way. RMTs pretty much own the server at this point.

#28 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

If you want a frilldora, go hunt x2 penomena card and sell them for 300m, its way easier and affordable.

People just like complaining because things are not the way they want it. Just a bunch of spoiled brats.

#29 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

If you want a frilldora, go hunt x2 penomena card and sell them for 300m, its way easier and affordable.

People just like complaining because things are not the way they want it. Just a bunch of spoiled brats.

Some complaints like the "oh no overpriced stuff" are dumb. But the ones regarding RMT are pretty valid ones and shouldn't be overlooked, just saying.

#30 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

Im not complaining about the prices, i got a nice stock of SV and im havibg a blast with the income from magma 2 and the cost of the oris atm, but by no means its healthy that everything changes so much while people disregard zenny as worthless (saving in SV and gears)

#31 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

If you don't like the price then hunt it. If you can't beat them join 'em. I suppose you will sell at the same price if you got those item wouldn't you?

It is a matter of one's choice and not of the collective entity.

#32 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

we have to accept the way things are because the GMs are not active enough to deal with the the bots. sad, but true. the reason things are so expensive is because you can RMT 1billion zeny for less than a cup of coffee.

/thread

#33 Linkarus

Linkarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

So many economists here. Hope you guys can apply those knowledge in real life too.

And just a quick thought on market. Advertised prices are NOT market value. For a definition of market value, please ask Google.

PS: please don’t tell someone to check ragial for the “market value” of an item.

#34 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

The thing about all these prices is that people now depend on rare drops to get to the next tier when in the past, you would be able to farm NPC ETC items and sell it off and eventually get the items you need. That's no longer possible. 

#35 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

This is unrelated but I broke 4 -_- Amistr bags using Enriched today.

It isn't the economy's fault but it's the economy's fault.

#36 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:50 AM

The server economy is a joke tbh. Supply for desired items suck because no one is hunting regularly. Everyone knows the supply is terrible but the demand is high. Couple in a database that allows everyone to be painfully aware, dab in a little addiction to kp/wpe based items, a touch of I've got nothing better to do then overupgrade and hello current state of the economy.

Yes hunting for personal equipment circumvents most of the issues at hand but can't help but make it feel useless on all other fronts.

#37 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:37 AM

I think it is nice being able to hunt one rare items all day and make so much zeny.

Scholar will be here soon and that will fix the sp problem.

I would take advantage of the high demand while it is still here. There will be a time were a person spends the same amount of time hunting for a rare and they will make less zeny from it.

Good time to make zeny indeed. Start getting your piece of that botted zeny while you still can.

#38 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:48 AM

You guys can pin this on bots, gms or whatever as much as you want but what ultimately continues to screw this server is greed.

There are fewer bots than ever, there is a money sink in the game that is removing billions a day and yet items have doubled in price in a weeks time. You look on ragial and it's ohh a +9 earth deleter plate was 400mil maybe a couple weeks ago. Now you have greedy thieves trying to sell mink coats, mantles n such that aren't even upgraded for a billion.

Look at silvervine it keeps increasing because greedy pay to win betas want more n more for their irl money. This problem won't fix itself and the gms can't stop greedy people. The only solution is to quit buying their over priced crap and force merchants to sell at a reasonable price. Even if you can easily afford it refuse to buy until it's a fair price. You know the game is a damn mess when a novice killing a fabre can make 5mil or a Peco egg can make you 60mil lol.

Well someone can finally get it. Bot is just secondary actor, the real actor is the players themselves... While bot contribute inflation, it's up to players to decide prices....

The renewal/Chaos server is claimed to get worse bot problem yet I never see Raydric Card gone 200m like Odin server did. WPE rate is also not changing much for years.... Sure Ray card is low tier card in renewal mechanic but still I wonder why regular in-game items in Odin can cost more than end game or cash shop items for Chaos.

At this rate, people can just start a new character on Chaos and just stay in WoE TE if you hate 3rd class. You also got better equipments. Why you spend zeny for things that worse than Eden equips, lol....

Edited by Exvee, 01 February 2018 - 01:49 AM.

#39 jessymeow

jessymeow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:10 AM

Lol since I made my last post the thieving pay to win clowns jacked up silvervine drastically yet again.

#40 wrongstyle13

wrongstyle13

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:05 AM

Zeny is being removed from the server at a faster rate than it’s being added now thanks to the raffler. The market hasn’t adjusted yet, but it will be forced to at some point. The problem is that there was such a massive surplus of zeny so the correction will take time. An implementation of another zeny sink, will expedite the process. GMs please be aware, but I’m sure there is talk behind closed doors.

The future-rich will choose the right time to unload gear for liquid zeny and the future-poor will complain when the price of their hoarded gear drops to a reasonable value.

The raffler is working, albeit slowly, if it remains. There isn’t an overnight solution because the problem was allowed to fester.

#41 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:28 AM

Zeny is being removed from the server at a faster rate than it’s being added now thanks to the raffler.

Do we have data to back this up?

We need a forced zeny sink. Not a zeny sink were people can just decide not to participate because they are waiting to rack up more zeny from their profits.

The only way I would ever accept your statement to be true is when there is not one bot left on the server. We know that will never happen.

People will not participate if there is no profit involved with this type of zeny sink. What kind of zeny sink is that?

I see it as only a faster way to circulate the botted zeny by rewarding these people with unlimited supply of items that should not be obtained in this manner.

Edit: To be clear we should not let the raffler fester either. It is a problem just as much as our economy if not worse. It will translate into WoE. Now, we will have over priced items in the market and we will have people that can +whatever any item that gets released for the remainder of the server. To be honest if WP is going to add something as game breaking as the raffler, I think they should be transparent as in showing us daily zeny income  and daily sink for the server. I would like to know how much of these raffler items are getting stocked up in storage and not being sold because they are being held for future gear and updates. This might show us if it is working or not. I don't mind the circulation of the zeny for everyone. I would almost accept having ori/elu that expires from the raffler but I think that is to much to ask for.

I give it to you from my point of view. Right now is the best time to be playing Restart. Prices are high and a player can hunt items and have access to that botted zeny without ever having to resort to that. Not many people are playing right now so that gives everyone a chance to hunt and sell lower. It is a great time to be on Restart and prices will go lower once trans is here because more people will be playing.

Edited by mattxor, 01 February 2018 - 06:15 AM.

#42 wrongstyle13

wrongstyle13

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

Do we have data to back this up?

We need a forced zeny sink. Not a zeny sink were people can just decide not to participate because they are waiting to rack up more zeny from their profits.

The only way I would ever accept your statement to be true is when there is not one bot left on the server. We know that will never happen.

People will not participate if there is no profit involved with this type of zeny sink. What kind of zeny sink is that?

I see it as only a faster way to circulate the botted zeny by rewarding these people with unlimited supply of items that should not be obtained in this manner.

Edit: To be clear we should not let the raffler fester either. It is a problem just as much as our economy if not worse. It will translate into WoE. Now, we will have over priced items in the market and we will have people that can +whatever any item that gets released for the remainder of the server. To be honest if WP is going to add something as game breaking as the raffler, I think they should be transparent as in showing us daily zeny income and daily sink for the server. I would like to know how much of these raffler items are getting stocked up in storage and not being sold because they are being held for future gear and updates. This might show us if it is working or not. I don't mind the circulation of the zeny for everyone. I would almost accept having ori/elu that expires from the raffler but I think that is to much to ask for.

I give it to you from my point of view. Right now is the best time to be playing Restart. Prices are high and a player can hunt items and have access to that botted zeny without ever having to resort to that. Not many people are playing right now so that gives everyone a chance to hunt and sell lower. It is a great time to be on Restart and prices will go lower once trans is here because more people will be playing.

It’s irrelevant what is being done with raffler rewards. Stored or sold, zeny is being removed from the server. The only way in which new zeny is made is the vending of items to an npc. If the influx of new zeny is outweighed by the removal rate of zeny by the raffler, we are heading in the correct direction. Stubborn sellers will continue to list items at high prices, but eventually the raffler (and hopefully other means of zeny removal) will force a market correction.

The economy has gotten out of hand because potions are rarely purchased from npcs, so zeny circulates rather than disappears. There need to always be countermeasures to offset these effect of woe pots.

If a gm could provide some data re rate of zeny creation vs rate of zeny removed, it may help calm the player base. But it’s hard to assume that the items being sold to npcs outweigh the zeny disappearing to people spamming the raffler.

#43 wrongstyle13

wrongstyle13

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

A forced zeny removal will not benefit the server, as it will agitate much of the less informed player base. This is best left undone as it leaves a bad precedent and inadvertently benefits those who have invested rather than those who have held liquid currency. As long as zeny continues to disappear at a rate faster than it is added to the server, the market will improve.

#44 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

The thing is, the raffler will only work while people think they can profit from it, after that it wont.

Also some people will still refrain from using it hopping for a zeny boom (highly unlikely) wixh will leave some billions unremoved. On the other hand, a forced removal (like 10% tax) would make the zenby disapear for every use,vuntil it settles at a constant balance between creation/disapearance. And if you dont want to lose zeny on tax, you dont trade zeny, if you dont trade zeny, its as if it doesnt exist

#45 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

​I refuse to pay a flat tax rate on my zeny because I haven't participated in A) Buying of illegal zeny, B) botting, or C) Selfishly exploiting the economy by vending many rare items. I have gotten one or two nice cards, which I still have, and I level for exp. That's it.  

​P.S. I personally don't think the raffle does a single bit of good.  Just my two cents.  

​P.P.S. Anyone wanna buy an Abysmal Knight card for 1.75 bil  ?  muhahahaha

#46 MyPistolsKiss

MyPistolsKiss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

Ban the RAGIAL "BOTTTTTTTTT"

#47 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

Ban the RAGIAL "BOTTTTTTTTT"

Don't worry, if the gms keep theyr current work rate, the bot will become completely useless in a couple of months, once everything worthwhile costs 1b+

#48 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

Don't worry, if the gms keep theyr current work rate, the bot will become completely useless in a couple of months, once everything worthwhile costs 1b+

I think their current work rate is good. We demanded so much from them and they tried their best after we complained.

I do wish that they would have done something before it got this bad but we have to focus on the future now.

We do not want a repeat when trans is released. Another serge of people wanting to play again,will increase the bot population again. I hope the GM team is ready to counter that.

Unfortunately what we have here is, a community that is asking for game breaking content to fix a problem that will never be fixed. All it is doing is rewarding the people that did bot at the start of the server and turning their zeny into some of the most valuable resources in the game. We want their zeny off the server but we just gave them an npc that gives them what they want most.

#49 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:20 AM

huh DR over 20b?

it's around 1b in Renewal

idk what's going on renewal is like 15 years old server that being merged, duped, and all the -_- we hate but still we love going together, how come restart economy is far more -_-ed up

i know renewal has MCA, but still it's 15 year old server

#50 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:38 AM

https://forums.warpp...-thread/page-63

The raffler is being botted lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users