Sincere, Earnest Plea to the Staff: Please Respond - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sincere, Earnest Plea to the Staff: Please Respond

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 PhattyDanny86

PhattyDanny86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:29 PM

This topic is directed primarily at the staff. All I'm asking for is a response from you all.

It has become highly discouraging, frustrating, and even infuriating for some, that we rarely receive any kind of response of real substance from the staff regarding concerns and complaints. I was never heavily involved with the community, so things like WoE and economy (always broke) didn't bother me. But now, it feels like the very life of the game is at risk now because of the lack of communication.

I understand that not everything can be transparent, but it seems like we're being kept in the dark with just about everything. Very few progress reports, or even acknowledgement to the issues we bring up. Just within the past couple of months, players have created topics discussing very real issues with very real consequences, asking for some sort of response from the staff, but there's nothing other than the occasional policing by forum moderators. What's even more disappointing is that we see staff members browsing the forums and even specific topics, but no response. Sometimes, I even see staff members just posting in off-topic sections such as the arts section. I realize staff members have a life and are very busy, but if you can post random things regarding non-priority items, perhaps some of that time can be directed towards answering our questions.

I am not writing this in regards to any one specific current issue. This is more about the general professionalism of the staff. Please, just show us that you have us in mind. Show us some transparency, address our issues and concerns, and keep an open line of communication. Without doing so, you're just pushing away potential players and even your current loyal ones. Many of us believe there is still potential in this game. So many times have it been said that players would give the game a try or return if management style was different. Just a bit of change by the staff can go a long way.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

#2 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

+1.

#3 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

+1

#4 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

Might as well sign this one too~

#5 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:55 PM

I sent a PM saying this to Cinnamon a couple days ago, but there is no point in showing her full response as she'd find a reason to remove it anyway. I can however send an excerpt of her reply.

"As for attending the real issue by providing answers, then allow me to say there is little we can do as Vmods in some specific situations specifically over the weekend, at the very least we act as a messaging vessel between the forums and the staff. Such as official answers should be attended by Warpportal staff."

This reply didn't do anything for me, but it does confirm our beliefs that she can't do anything.

#6 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

Maybe reverse psychology works.
GM and responsibles of WP: Do not care about business, just find another project and rush it.

@Renaru, mods are just mods, they even work for free.

Edited by Cyncienta, 05 February 2018 - 11:01 PM.

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

Dear Cinnamon, " the occasional policing by forum moderators." ... please ...  :p_devil:  :p_angel: 

#8 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

I sent a PM saying this to Cinnamon a couple days ago, but there is no point in showing her full response as she'd find a reason to remove it anyway. I can however send an excerpt of her reply.

"As for attending the real issue by providing answers, then allow me to say there is little we can do as Vmods in some specific situations specifically over the weekend, at the very least we act as a messaging vessel between the forums and the staff. Such as official answers should be attended by Warpportal staff."

This reply didn't do anything for me, but it does confirm our beliefs that she can't do anything.

Hello Renaru.

I would like to clarify that response.

The VMod team consists of volunteers and not WP employees. And I have been doing this for free for the community. VMod main job is forums moderation, answering tickets, banning bots and making official statements is not.

There is little we can do to be honest, such as we do not have the authority to make clear cut statements in regards critical situations. In some minor incidents we are given the GO but not all the time. So yes, I can't assist or give a satisfactory response about the ongoing issue (the RMT website/situation and Cheats in WoE hot topics). The staff however will make a response, I kindly ask you all to be patient on that regards.

#9 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:28 AM

So we have been all patient and kind for months, telling in advanve we would reach a point where community can't bear it anymore. Will the Staff kindly do anything about it? U can always plain answer "we can't" it's ok to be honest.

#10 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:47 AM

I know people are upset an need an outlet but using Cinnamon as a punching bag is plain wrong. She is just a volunteer who serves as a liaison between the community and the Admins as she stated without much exclusive power. Even as far as GMs go - they have a hierarchy and not all GMs are equal. Some GMs serve the community with little access to the game code or logs. I am pretty sure the staff has read our concerns but these threads spawn like dime a dozen. Even if the staff were to put up a pinned thread - these threads won't stop.

Regarding the economy, I believe duping, NoDelay, Packet editing are the biggest causes of worry. This is something even bot banning GMs cannot address. This has to be addressed by the studio and be dealt by the management. Many Korean MMO games have some sort of hackshield that prevents packet injecting and modifications. We could use one of those.

#11 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:00 AM

I know people are upset an need an outlet but using Cinnamon as a punching bag is plain wrong. She is just a volunteer who serves as a liaison between the community and the Admins as she stated without much exclusive power. Even as far as GMs go - they have a hierarchy and not all GMs are equal. Some GMs serve the community with little access to the game code or logs. I am pretty sure the staff has read our concerns but these threads spawn like dime a dozen. Even if the staff were to put up a pinned thread - these threads won't stop.

Regarding the economy, I believe duping, NoDelay, Packet editing are the biggest causes of worry. This is something even bot banning GMs cannot address. This has to be addressed by the studio and be dealt by the management. Many Korean MMO games have some sort of hackshield that prevents packet injecting and modifications. We could use one of those.

Everytime they adress to the studio with our concerns they answer back with some new box in the shop xD

Edited by Cyncienta, 06 February 2018 - 01:02 AM.

#12 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:09 AM

We all welcome you at renewal.

#13 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:12 AM

I don't like 3rd class.. I was planning on quit here before 3rd class... it seems I will have to quit earlier. I hope they make a ro-zero for us too.

Too bad, I wanted enjoy the experience of starting from scratch in a old fashion game, but the envoirement is not ideal :(

#14 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:33 AM

I don't like 3rd class.. I was planning on quit here before 3rd class... it seems I will have to quit earlier. I hope they make a ro-zero for us too.

Too bad, I wanted enjoy the experience of starting from scratch in a old fashion game, but the envoirement is not ideal :(

You can stop at 2-2 class on renewal and play woe te.

#15 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:38 AM

We want our own TE to take players from your TE. :gg:

#16 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:09 AM

Renewal is too much pay2win. You need OCP to be competitive and in my opinion OCP jRO gears are broken, some are even more overpowered than MVP cards. These gears costs hundreds of millions or even billions of Zeny. There is no way for a new player to reach that kind of zeny unless he or she buys lots and lots of WPE. Stuff that can be farmed by low or Mid level players has next to nothing value. Gramps TI farming has killed all the regular maps, EXP curve is stupid past 100 and all the new content that comes out is only for the Rich vets who are geared to the teeth. Seen too much War whining there too.

At least on Re Start - A cyfar is worth 15k and a Karvo is worth 700k XD and you dont need MVP or Mini boss cards to be best at war.

#17 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:21 AM

Lol you think the GM's give a damn at this point? 

#18 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:08 AM

Lol you think the GM's give a damn at this point?

I posted days ago about rodex spam. There is not even a hi, thx for report. A completely empty thread. Maybe they don't need to say thanks, if they just need to do their job on what's an "easy fix". Let's hope they are hvaing vacations in some warm place so that's the reason for no answer x)

#19 laquintinie

laquintinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:52 AM

Many of us believe there is still potential in this game. So many times have it been said that players would give the game a try or return if management style was different. Just a bit of change by the staff can go a long way.

Say it again louder for those on the back please... it's not that hard to realize all they need to do is a good-decent-ish management + dealing with problems and not exagerate on the p2w aspects... and people will play and pay... now if you keep making the same mistakes over and over and not addressing issues... another ragnarok server - with lots of potential - already has one foot on the grave.

#20 PhattyDanny86

PhattyDanny86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:18 AM

Good to see that I'm not the only one feeling this way. Just some thoughts on some of the responses.

Dear Cinnamon, " the occasional policing by forum moderators." ... please ...  :p_devil:  :p_angel: 

Hello Renaru.

I would like to clarify that response.

The VMod team consists of volunteers and not WP employees. And I have been doing this for free for the community. VMod main job is forums moderation, answering tickets, banning bots and making official statements is not.

There is little we can do to be honest, such as we do not have the authority to make clear cut statements in regards critical situations. In some minor incidents we are given the GO but not all the time. So yes, I can't assist or give a satisfactory response about the ongoing issue (the RMT website/situation and Cheats in WoE hot topics). The staff however will make a response, I kindly ask you all to be patient on that regards.

Sorry, I think my phrasing was slightly misunderstood. I really just meant moderating. I mean the only real activity we see from the staff (paid or unpaid) are just weekly maintenance notes and forum-moderating. I was never under the impression VMod's had more authority than what's stated by Cinnamon, so I never thought they were not doing their jobs. And I agree they deserve more credit for the work they do.

On the other hand, the fact of the matter is is that one very observable role of a VMod is moderating the forums. That naturally means reminding people of and enforcing community rules (not really a VMod's job to go into a forum discussion and tell people how they're doing such a good job). The thing about this is that, because of the contrast between unresponsive staff members and the constant oversight of VMod's, they come off as overly zealous at their job. I think for us players, it gives the impression that the staff (again, paid and unpaid) are only active when it comes to laying down the law, but not active when it comes to addressing our concerns.

With all that being said, I guess this is a good opportunity to say thanks to the VMod's.

I had Ragnarok Online as a whole in mind when starting this thread. I realize there are some issues concerning only a specific server, but the staff's response to either server's issues are insufficient.

#21 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:57 AM

It's funny cuz I was waiting for a response on the last thread and then this one poped up and none of the actual staff has said anything, not even a copy paste response. They really have given up it seems

Edited by Spoon, 06 February 2018 - 06:57 AM.

#22 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:08 AM

I do really feel bad for Cinnamon because she doesn't have the ability to answer what we're angry and upset about. My comment wasn't meant to bash her, it was meant to show that there isn't much that she can do.

#23 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:21 AM

I do really feel bad for Cinnamon because she doesn't have the ability to answer what we're angry and upset about. My comment wasn't meant to bash her, it was meant to show that there isn't much that she can do.

That makes me wonder, what is the part she must love about being a mod to endure taking all this bashing. I mean, she doesnt get paid, so at least there must be something she enjoys about this

#24 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Odin ReStart

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:39 AM

That makes me wonder, what is the part she must love about being a mod to endure taking all this bashing. I mean, she doesnt get paid, so at least there must be something she enjoys about this

It's the true reflection of someone who cares in this community because we all know the Studio just wants our money and the GMs that do the banning Lkta Keli Isth Dan Stju Ntwa Uryo 0m2 Nniezze.

#25 PhattyDanny86

PhattyDanny86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

To the staff:

The pinned topic created by Campitor brings some relief, addressing a pressing, urgent issue at hand. However, that's not what I really what I had in mind. I am thinking more long-term. This way of management is like treating an open wound, but not working on the overall health of a person. It's like putting out fires, but not taking preventive measures to minimize them.

What does Gravity/WarpPortal have in mind to keep this game alive? Maybe even thrive again?

What is the plan for Renewal and Re:Start? What is the road map? Will they be merged? Will one be removed?

What about Gravity's recent game announcements? Will Ragnarok Zero and/or Ragnarok M be made available for us? Will either of them replace Renewal and Re:Start?

Is Gravity/WarpPortal doing anything to prevent major disasters like what's happened recently?

Will Gravity/WarpPortal ever really invest in marketing?

These questions are not just about major issues right now. These are more about the general life of the game, and can greatly affect people's decision to play or not.

Please, provide us some insight on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users