Patch Notes 2/7/2018 - Page 3 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 2/7/2018

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#51 TrustedMailbox

TrustedMailbox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:28 AM

Facing a 1 vs 1bsq mage will never able to win archer or jester anymore. And this is serious problem. Which there are lots of runner nowadays. Which I hope those runner will be punish if they run in BSQ because BSQ is for fighting arena not for run i hope that the staff able to accept to ban someone if they are recorded as a running player in BSQ which they just run but not fight which they will be ban or get punishment if they have been filmed they are running in BSQ or come with some rules

#52 TrustedMailbox

TrustedMailbox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:29 AM

Those running player is really spoiling the games.

#53 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:35 AM

Battlesquare mode is like capture the flag you have to capture one of those flags and then keep it as long as possible why is it wrong to have someone running around while the rest of the team protects him??

there are no classes that can outrun other classes because they are faster. If someone manages to keep running with those flags against other player he is just better at predicting moves dodging etc.

Why is it a problem having someone that can dodge fights to keep the flags to actually hold them?? if he actually survives he deserve having those flags.

Dont come up with 1v1 or 2v1 bsq fights now, because this is not how it was supposed to be sadly it can happen often in low lvl bsq cuz there are simply not enough people on this server but i dont see a problem with someone holding the flags trying to avoid battle or do you wanna say if you are low on hp but have some flags or even all flags you will voluntary go face to face with an Enemy and fight and risk to lose all flags to the enemy?

#54 Khady

Khady

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:57 AM

tbh i would have like to see a harsh nerf on cooldown at those healing skills like 10 minutes for wideheal and 6 minutes on slow heal (and if you die the cooldowns get resetted but therefor you can also heal with having flags) rather than implementing a complicated new BSQ System that doesnt seem to make anyone really happy.

At the other hand people complaining about mages can now only jump around and use barb.. let me ask what exactly they did before? Before the changes they jumped around used barb and healed. Not such a big difference in my opinion. Plus they still outdamage the physical classes i mean the dmg seems okay. Every Invoker whos complaining about too less dmg should ask themselves how the other classes felt attacking an invoker who has all kinds of heals activated.

#55 blacshift

blacshift

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:10 AM

- First you have to prove how is the patch
- in the battle squad the idea is to run xD  :heh:  :heh:
- If you have the flags, you will not go against the enemy
on the contrary you must flee from them
I saw a comment about the archer and the jester
They are fine. I do not see the idea of changing them
GM. The 15 seconds to change the island in the emporia are now 12
by the buff of 3 seconds. I would like it to increase to 18 seconds
so that this one to 15 seconds as before it was
- I think that little by little each class has its role
only the dragoon that fulfills its role of tank is missing
I would like to see more dragons
- It's funny that the game is called Dragon Saga and we can not see almost any dragon  :hmm:  :questionmark:
- I hope I will not see more nerf until a good time. which I do not think will happen
- if not improve the forgotten classes
I hope to see new announcements of Arcadia 3
everyone waits eagerly
and thank you for the great work of the dragonsaga team  :Emo_16:  :Emo_16:  :Emo_16:  :Emo_16:

#56 TrustedMailbox

TrustedMailbox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

Running all in BSQ is really a worst attitude which will lead to more people feel no hope on this game because only low skill level running around. >snip< I don't hope there are so much runner nowadays which really make this game more low quality . Please do something for overcome this bad and low attitude , my friends had quitted this game because they think this game is full of nab that just know how to run and not fight .

edited to remove double post and also to remove a call- out of another player

Edited by VModCupcake, 07 February 2018 - 12:03 PM.

#57 TrustedMailbox

TrustedMailbox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:22 AM

Or I personally think that the point for BSQ should be more higher after killing monsters because those runner just unable to kill the monster as fast as those killer so this might be the way to overcome those >snip< runner

Edited by VModCupcake, 07 February 2018 - 12:05 PM.

#58 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:23 AM

The way I see these changes is that it's, once again like with expert mode, adding a new system on top instead of fixing the broken one underneath. What should be done to healing in room pvp now, should it just be ignored? Or be blocked completely? Because nerfing it would render these changes we got now obsolete. I had high hopes when they started making skills work different in pvp and pve that they could balance healing with that but instead this is done. Doesn't make sense.

Battlesquare mode is like capture the flag

In capture the flag one is supposed to first gain the flag and then take it somewhere. Saying bsq is capture the flag gives too much credit to the design of the mode :P

#59 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

i can claim a flag spee for myself with 3 hits while maintaining 400 ms runner and killer depends on burst dmg i can be both if i want to

#60 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:40 AM

When and what will be done about the Congratulation message that appears over the middle of the screen when someone "Wins" in MixBoard?

Sadly Enchant message got removed a while ago so i thought it would be a good time to bring it up again since alot people are going to use MixBoard next days and its pretty annoying.

#61 TrustedMailbox

TrustedMailbox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:50 AM

Just put away those runner just let them remain this, focus on the main problem Arcadia and more stuff on balance is more important :)
They love to run let them be a pro never run we just need to know, have fun to those runner I am always facing on BSQ 79.

#62 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:04 AM

just deal enough dmg so you gain the flags then he has to fight

Edited by Vossel, 07 February 2018 - 07:04 AM.

#63 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:09 AM

Since the Emporia War changes are here to stay.  Will there be an increase in the  time it takes to hop islands to account for pure silence duration and tankiness of the players?

#64 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:06 AM

Well the issue is what I think. People are thinking that this game is balanced around the things they want. What you have to take in account is.

The game will always be balanced around endgame that means level 85 full gear full socket cards and lvl 85 battle square. Of course only ppl at lvl 85 play battle square there is a reason why there is a so called endgame you get there to do stuff what you cant on low level. If you make a twink on a low lvl and complain about not enough people in bsq etz thats your problem get to max level like the others do. That is the purpose in a leveling game in the end. Otherwise this would be just another fps game where you respawn shoot and etz etz..

Next thing I saw in the comments what about 1v1 situations etz etz... Show me one proper MMO that has been balanced around 1v1 situations ( B&S is not a proper mmo and is still unbalanced 1v1 ) Like take big games from Blizz or etz have you ever played WoW or so on? There is always a class that will wreck you so badly at 1v1 situations u want to cry. But on the other hand when it comes to mass / group pvp . ( 3v3 and above ) everything got its purpose or is stronger then the most op 1v1 class. You cant satisfy every aspect of PvP or PvE what will be op in 1v1 ( dragoons ) will be bad in group PvP. If you would have all classes be good in all situations that would mean all classes would be homogenized with lets say 1 heal ability 2 stuns, 5 damaging skills which would take away the specific characteristic of that class. 

Its just the second week of balances please can you hold on for 3-4 years like the other trash tier classes did until justice finaly came around the corner?

Edited by Kristof3195, 07 February 2018 - 08:08 AM.

#65 TrustedMailbox

TrustedMailbox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:24 AM

Agree with you men, you have the same point of view with me. That is what I wanna describe thank much hope they will understand :)

#66 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:08 AM

Lastly the conclusion is real is the number of runner increases , the number of real fight player will decrease

Did we read the same patch note? The reduce of points earned from the flags means that the quests are more valuable. As far as I know you don't complete quests by running away from your opponents (except when you have to survive 30sec). Now maybe adding some consistent reward to the kills can be considered, but that's already great changes so far.

#67 Rossbach

Rossbach

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

Popcorn could always just add a running penalty. ie; Don't hit other player in x seconds = reduced move speed by x%. Hold flags for x time = reduced move speed by x%.

You are complaining like w/e problem exists will remain. Last time everyone complained about the tanky-ness. Now people are complaining about running. Once that is nerfed something new will take its place and a new war will begin.

If there is a problem it is great to complain about it. But it gets carried away (out of control) over time.

Edited by Rossbach, 07 February 2018 - 09:33 AM.

#68 blacshift

blacshift

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:49 AM

It would be great if you gave another use to the sign of Hero
how to change them by IM item or some set or ring / belt / neck / ear
with good options   :p_idea: 
or some prize
it would make more sense to play the battle squad to get the valuable Sing of Hero
add new things to be able to get them to make the game more fun  :p_hi: 

#69 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

how about some bsq exclusive items you can exchange by those sign of heroes that give either style or small advantages, for this diabling the trading for it would be good so you see if someone earned it himself by playing it, or add another item for winning people so everyone as to farm it new

#70 BabeRuth

BabeRuth

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:32 AM

Facing a 1 vs 1bsq mage will never able to win archer or jester anymore. And this is serious problem. Which there are lots of runner nowadays. Which I hope those runner will be punish if they run in BSQ because BSQ is for fighting arena not for run i hope that the staff able to accept to ban someone if they are recorded as a running player in BSQ which they just run but not fight which they will be ban or get punishment if they have been filmed they are running in BSQ or come with some rules

If you truly think the purpose of bsq is just fighting, I have a bad news for you.

#71 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:46 AM

It would be great if you gave another use to the sign of Hero
how to change them by IM item or some set or ring / belt / neck / ear
with good options   :p_idea: 
or some prize
it would make more sense to play the battle squad to get the valuable Sing of Hero
add new things to be able to get them to make the game more fun  :p_hi: 

• They are used for Glorious sets...but those alone need a total redesign and are dumped as soon as level 68-70 if not 75-81. Perm cappers get some mileage but it's very class-specific.
  • They are used for level 60 promotion; But in the 20 minutes it takes for 1 you could've done 3-4 dungeons in the Dungeon rush promotion path. Also they're literally pocket change valued at <30g each in market if you find the right seller. Players literally have hundreds, if not thousands, of them stockpiled on multiple accounts.

Reworking the Sign of Heroes will likely be the following;

1. Make a brand new version of it: Like I said; Sign of Heroes are horded by the thousands by numerous players who do nothing but BattleSquare or have played since it's inception. If you wanna bring purpose to them, make the prize not instantly obtainable. 
  2. Debate whether or not it should be tradable: Over the course of months or a year, players will get access to a lot of them for BattleSquaring regularly. This is why Sign of Heroes are worth as low as 20g each last I checked market. Some people literally give them away. These upcoming changes will reinspire BattleSquare for a while anyways. But it's required for Promotion however and Glorious sets. So there are arguments for both cases.
  3. Reward more depending on Participation and Scoring: As future changes will likely shift flags a lot with competent teams and missions might be worthwhile, maybe try and balance an amount given based on your activity. 1 minimum for winning side, scale it up depending on points, loser side MVP's get a compensation amount also. This ones a stretch due to players tendency to prefer one class type hold flags at all costs. (This patch you'll probably see Twins as Flag Horders due to their Safety). So this one's a stretch.
  4. Make a unique npc shop for them: Doesn't need both CP and Sign of Heroes like Glorious sets. Just needs a set amount of them. Make the price require some effort however. Can be anything balanced but worthwhile; A unique IM costume, some worthwhile but untradable consumables like the Ancestor Shop, A type of IM accessory or even a set of accessories or Unique Animated Medal. Or even a "rental" medal like "Catch Me, I dare you." that's strong but lasts seven days only. Lot of ideas you can use.
  5. Redesign Glorious Sets: Why use these at all nowadays? Like I argued, they're power-creeped by dungeon sets and PoS is mandatory in 81. Make it an option for gear but not a mandatory one.
  6. Enforce AFK policy and Maybe add a way to avoid obviously stacked and imbalanced teams? Bit of a stretch. It's hard to debate that topic of team-stacking. I recall in the past it was a major problem essentially making BattleSquare "Emporia 2.0" with Guild Wars and Friend inner-circles. Gotta get that 20g and less than 5 F1 runs of random npc-sellable items amirite? But in seriousness, if BattleSquare's rewards are redesigned and given new purpose, then players may end up pointing out problems obtaining them in the first place or pointing out valuable slots filled by people doing absolutely nothing.

#72 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

Making BSQ rewards better would probably make more problems then actually good things.. people would start only joining winning sides would be the first problem already and makes it more unbalanced.

#73 allerulz

allerulz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

I understand mages healing themselves with flags is unfair but I agree that now it'd be a lot better if heals worked on other people in BSQ. That would give mages the role that I think they were meant to have.

I'm slightly confused about how the penalty status in Emporia works. I hope there will be some way to see if a teammate has that status or it'll be very tricky to even risk healing others. Might instead encourage mages to only heal themselves since they can just hit something once and then run away to heal.

Questions I got after reading the description of the EW changes:
Do you get penalty status once you first enter any area after dying/after match starts?
If a player has any heal over time skill or an item that restores HP over time used and then changes area with HP below 95%, does the enemy guild get points from the next tick of the healing skill/item? (already asked here but it's an important question)
Are penalty points given if you get healed for any amount as long as your HP is below 95%? Let's say a player has 5% HP and gets 1k HP healed by an item. Does the enemy team get 9 points from that?

To be honest I'd appreciate nerfs to healing skills themselves more as well but at least something's done on the matter, we'll see how it affects those PvP modes.

I agree mages have lost their original healing importance. It now lacks the proper attack skills needed. I would like to see either added skills or a replacement of old non essential ones.

#74 blacshift

blacshift

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

ery good point on the twins
I had not thought about the twins
you're right if it's about running they have all of the power to block everything
how can you fight against them mmmmmm  :yawn:  :hmm:

about the sign of Hero
it was just an idea to give it another better use
since the sets they give you for them are not so useful     :p_hi:

Edited by blacshift, 07 February 2018 - 12:07 PM.

#75 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

Servers are back online.

Please update your game to version 0.6.36, the client is updated to version 10.2.0.20.

Additional changes:

When carrying the flag BSQ -_-roach (Dragoon) can't be used too. The skill Regain Refresh (Summoner) does not give back HP when carrying the flag.

Thank you for your patience. Enjoy.

Edit: Interesting filter  :heh:

The skill is Coc-kroach :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users