February 7th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 8 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

February 7th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

199 replies to this topic

#176 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

Then hurry up people, u still have 2 days left to get your free OCAs :heh: .
On the other side, if nobody plays the silvervine raffle, why don't change the alcohol with karvo?

Switch strawberries with karvo, and elu and ori to stem and pspores and all is kosher

#177 DrDaxxy

DrDaxxy

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

Switch strawberries with karvo, and elu and ori to stem and pspores and all is kosher

Do you want ores to cost 1M+ again?

#178 Azulenne

Azulenne

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

I'm okay with the oris and elu. But the change straw-->karvo sounds very pleasing for me.
Using a sinx gonna hurt my kidneys lol

Edited by Azulenne, 11 February 2018 - 08:19 PM.

#179 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:02 AM

good lord! my dad wants to play ro but he wants gunslinger because he was into a action movies i fear that they will suspend us because i have level 68/70 and my dad is just starting out on leveling so does that means we are breaking the rules because of multiple making of gunslinger? i don't want happened to us :(

#180 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:53 AM

Updated OP with info on achievements with OCA rewards.

#181 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:09 AM

Updated OP with info on achievements with OCA rewards.

Thanks Cinna for posting this! :)

#182 2420130529064557157

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:59 AM

Please start woe2 earlier! its 10 pm until midnight in middle Europe on sunday!

#183 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:20 AM

Late post in regards to it but thanks camp for coming up with a solution.

#184 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

​Well, Gee, thanks all of you who had to get all up in arms and rant and rave and tell everyone how to ABUSE the reward, now those of us who level a Gunslinger later will have to work waaaay harder than all of you who ABUSED the system. I'm pissed off.  F OFF.

​Let me add that much of the complaining comes from folks who have 'abused' systems, and then complain that other 'abusers' may be able to 'get ahead' by 'abusing' the game even more. The ones who are truly screwed are those of us who don't make characters just to get an OCA or to get a quick 99, but play the game old-school. I thought that's what the ReStart server was meant to be. 

​I'm so tired of the actions of non-ethical players constantly effecting the ability of honest players to play the game in a manner that allows us to compete at all. So, hey,, no problem, there are a hundred ReStart players with 1-20 extra OCA's that also have a few extra 99s to use in WOE or to leech other characters to 99. Meanwhile, my novie in the training grounds will have to GRIND out to 99 and I am being punished for the 'abuses' of others.

​CAMP - DO not change the exp table for Gunslingers that have been created before the maintenance. Otherwise, wtf? Why am I paying for the abuse of others?

Edited by Chisami, 12 February 2018 - 02:06 PM.

#185 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

​Well, Gee, thanks all of you who had to get all up in arms and rant and rave and tell everyone how to ABUSE the reward, now those of us who level a Gunslinger later will have to work waaaay harder than all of you who ABUSED the system. I'm pissed off. F OFF.

​Let me add that much of the complaining comes from folks who have 'abused' systems, and then complain that other 'abusers' may be able to 'get ahead' by 'abusing' the game even more. The ones who are truly screwed are those of us who don't make characters just to get an OCA or to get a quick 99, but play the game old-school. I thought that's what the ReStart server was meant to be.

​I'm so tired of the actions of non-ethical players constantly effecting the ability of honest players to play the game in a manner that allows us to compete at all. So, hey,, no problem, there are a hundred ReStart players with 1-20 extra OCA's that also have a few extra 99s to use in WOE or to leech other characters to 99. Meanwhile, my novie in the training grounds will have to GRIND out to 99 and I am being punished for the 'abuses' of others.

​CAMP - DO not change the exp table for Gunslingers that have been created before the maintenance. Otherwise, wtf? Why am I paying for the abuse of others?

Only the achievement needed to be fixed imo but if they fix the job exp only so it even out to where job 70 is hit around 92 like other classes I don't see how that is something to freak out over

Also it sounds to me like it saying ur ok with people abusing this. As long as u got ur 1 OCA a month later while others got hundreds, lol

Edited by Spoon, 12 February 2018 - 02:50 PM.

#186 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:24 PM

Currently monsters have generated more OCAs than the achievement. This achievement would be completely broken if there was a jumping janeway event.

Please share Numbers. Because im  pretty sure there was at least 20% from ocas from archivement and that number in just days was idiot for server. I cant understand how Staff didnt fix this major problem. Every single user was telling to us to fix it. But yes CM that didnt play the game and looks like didnt understand the market or the game. Says it didnt care and push it for next week. I just want to heard that in 2 days when system got a fix staff ban and took out all the ocas and zeny abused in this week. Because maybe we going to see 40% + ocas just in 1 week. Only takes 1 hours or 2 to make a single guns alone. 2 Guys doing party with 5 leechers each maybe do 70 job in 4 hours. that means 25 ocas per day for people who have time to abuse it. 

#187 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

• Campitor, on 11 Feb 2018 - 9:56 PM, said:snapback.png

Hello,

This coming maintenance the following will happen.

Every character will have their job lvl 70 achievement reset.
    Job level 70 reward will be changed to a Free Character Bound Battle Manual
    New Achievement for completing Job lvl 70 and Base lvl 99 achievements will be put in for 1 OCA (achievement for completing multiple achievements.)
    All characters that have claimed the current job level 70 achievement reward will automatically be flagged as having completed the new achievement and claimed it's reward.
    Gunslinger EXP Tables will be checked (and most likely updated) to more fit with the RESTART server.

so all people who abuse it. r going to keep ocas ?. This is for real ? And u give them 3 more days for abuse it ?   Sorry but what r the reason of raffle if u do this? There going to overprice items again just because tons of ididots who abuse this earn billions in hours. IDK MAYBE U JUST SHOULD GIVE EVERYONE 10b if u dont care about the game market

#188 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

• Campitor, on 11 Feb 2018 - 9:56 PM, said:snapback.png

so all people who abuse it. r going to keep ocas ?. This is for real ? And u give them 3 more days for abuse it ? Sorry but what r the reason of raffle if u do this? There going to overprice items again just because tons of ididots who abuse this earn billions in hours. IDK MAYBE U JUST SHOULD GIVE EVERYONE 10b if u dont care about the game market
</p>

Found the guy who doesn't know how the raffler works

#189 DrDaxxy

DrDaxxy

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

Getting a character to maximum job level in 45 minutes if you try, or a few hours max if you play normally, is hardly what I'd call the old-school RO experience.

And EXP in Jupe is still so high that you can go 99/70 in a few hours of playtime (not real time) without manuals or massparties or crazy highend gear.

#190 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

Found the guy who doesn't know how the raffler works

I know how it works and i know the zeny who was moved to the hands of this abuse people didnt going to raffle. Was more zeny changing hands. I know how raffle works but looks like u dont

#191 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

Getting a character to maximum job level in 45 minutes if you try, or a few hours max if you play normally, is hardly what I'd call the old-school RO experience.

And EXP in Jupe is still so high that you can go 99/70 in a few hours of playtime (not real time) without manuals or massparties or crazy highend gear.

Under 30 minutes now :heh:

#192 Kashural

Kashural

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

No maintenance tomorrow or just no thread?

#193 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

I know how it works and i know the zeny who was moved to the hands of this abuse people didnt going to raffle. Was more zeny changing hands. I know how raffle works but looks like u dont

The raffler has nothing to do with the zeny that changes hands from person A to person B. U keep talking about the raffler. The GMs can't force people to use the raffler and if people want to hold their z they are allowed to do that. All the raffler is responsible for is taking z off the market from the original purchase of a "raffle ticket". Whatever zeny changes hands after that is not the rafflers fault. What it sounds like ur mad at is people who got a bunch of OCAs and "possibly" got some good cards out of with and then sold them to become richer INSTEAD of using the raffler, which doesn't really make sense because if people are able to buy and sell mini boss cards and stuff they can definitely afford to use the raffler regardless. I gaurentee u if they were using the raffler before the GS OCA issue, they are still using it.

Or u are just mad because now people got more money? But the OCAs didn't generate more money in the server, just changed hands, which again, doesn't really make sense when u said give everyone 10bil, because no extra zeny was really generated

Edited by Spoon, 13 February 2018 - 12:03 PM.

#194 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

The raffler has nothing to do with the zeny that changes hands from person A to person B. U keep talking about the raffler. The GMs can't force people to use the raffler and if people want to hold their z they are allowed to do that. All the raffler is responsible for is taking z off the market from the original purchase of a "raffle ticket". Whatever zeny changes hands after that is not the rafflers fault. What it sounds like ur mad at is people who got a bunch of OCAs and "possibly" got some good cards out of with and then sold them to become richer INSTEAD of using the raffler, which doesn't really make sense because if people are able to buy and sell mini boss cards and stuff they can definitely afford to use the raffler regardless. I gaurentee u if they were using the raffler before the GS OCA issue, they are still using it.

Or u are just mad because now people got more money? But the OCAs didn't generate more money in the server, just changed hands, which again, doesn't really make sense when u said give everyone 10bil, because no extra zeny was really generated

Ok U didnt understand who buy from ur merchant ? The poor guy who do raffle to earn zeny or the one who have alot of zeny and dont want to waste hes time?.... Them what do u think gonna happend when all this people who leaved raffle because make ocas abusing system was way easy ?  This people didnt going to spend more time in raffle why? because didnt need it. They didnt need make more zeny or make the zeny move. No they reach what they want alot of zeny so he didnt need to invest more time saving it by raffle. U r just good with this because maybe u already abuse from it and maybe u already got alot of ocas or a mini boss card. Good for u but wasnt fair for all the other people who read the msg from GM in this same post saying it was banable. Thats my problem I read 2 days later he regret about ban from abusing. This is my problem. People can make zeny when they want everyday and dont care for me but when u give a stupid way to made billions for 0 investment them u regret about ban this people becomes a problem for me. U understand? or u r too blind by the ocas u got abusing this -_-?

#195 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:18 PM

Why not a npc selling ocas for 1,000,000   any way was the same amount u invest to made a gunslinger to 70 job. way cheaper if u abuse from leech/party system. Like all people do this week. 

Edited by Kureiya, 13 February 2018 - 03:24 PM.

#196 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

Ok U didnt understand who buy from ur merchant ? The poor guy who do raffle to earn zeny or the one who have alot of zeny and dont want to waste hes time?.... Them what do u think gonna happend when all this people who leaved raffle because make ocas abusing system was way easy ? This people didnt going to spend more time in raffle why? because didnt need it. They didnt need make more zeny or make the zeny move. No they reach what they want alot of zeny so he didnt need to invest more time saving it by raffle. U r just good with this because maybe u already abuse from it and maybe u already got alot of ocas or a mini boss card. Good for u but wasnt fair for all the other people who read the msg from GM in this same post saying it was banable. Thats my problem I read 2 days later he regret about ban from abusing. This is my problem. People can make zeny when they want everyday and dont care for me but when u give a stupid way to made billions for 0 investment them u regret about ban this people becomes a problem for me. U understand? or u r too blind by the ocas u got abusing this -_-?

Let's just break down your post abit. First, I didn't really have a chance to make multiple gunslinger, unfortunately I had a busy weekend and was unable to make time, but I wish I got some mini boss cards, then maybe I could win that cat muffler auction going on. Secondly, the issue was caught and delt with within a week, I wish it was disabled before the weekend and up to maint but unfortunately that was not the case, but even then, I think ur highly over estimating the amount of people who ACTUALLY did make multiple Gunslinger's. As people have said, people were afraid of getting banned for abuse. Only a select number of people actually had the time to do it, and even now, knowing that it's coming to an end, there still aren't that many. I'd be willing to estimate maybe 250 OCAs were generated by the event this weekend and up to today. By no means is that small, but game breaking to the point where u should be freaking out further? No I don't believe so. If ur mad that you yourself did not take advantage of this, that is your own personal fault or maybe brilliance incase something does end up happening. But I digress. I'm pretty active on othe community areas and so far I haven't heard of anything major coming of the OCAs. It will be delt with TMR and I don't see too much more coming from it to warrant further freakout. Btw from what I've read across forums, people haven't been selling the OCAs, but opening them and getting mostly garbage , so don't worry, they will be right back at the raffler

Edited by Spoon, 13 February 2018 - 04:37 PM.

#197 Namrok

Namrok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Twitter:c21h30w2
  • LocationRU: Saint Petersburg
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

I'd be willing to estimate maybe 250 OCAs were generated by the event this weekend and up to today

and only 15 on vend?  seems like total ~150 max

want to hear what Camp say about achievment oca now (how much it total)

#198 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

Campitor, on 06 Feb 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:snapback.png

So some time very soon, RESTART will under go a long maintenance. During that maintenance, the server team will unpack the entire inventory, storage, cart, and mail databases and give us locations and unique itemIDs for EVERY single item in the game. From there, we will spend several hours purging every duplicated item in the database and making notes of everything that is removed.

When is very soon? How will you determine if a card is legit or illegit from duped OCAs?  How come there's no patch note yet? 

#199 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:56 PM

Campitor, on 06 Feb 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:snapback.png

When is very soon? How will you determine if a card is legit or illegit from duped OCAs?  How come there's no patch note yet? 

In a week I believe. Were still working with the studio on shutting it down. Just fired off a 8 or 9 page summary of everything to them.

Patch notes are coming soon.

#200 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

In a week I believe. Were still working with the studio on shutting it down. Just fired off a 8 or 9 page summary of everything to them.

Patch notes are coming soon.

Thank you.  Could you add the beelzebub wing box into silvervine NPC? 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users