Is Jack Frost still viable? WL lvl 159 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is Jack Frost still viable? WL lvl 159

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OReidoGado

OReidoGado

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if Jack Frost still is a good skill if I focused in Meteor Storm and the ghost type skills. I'm level 159 and I'm dealing with fire types with Storm Gust and Waterball, and they are working fine for now, so are the skill points in direction of Jack Frost any good by now? Thanks a lot ^^ 

#2 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:32 PM

Jack Frost 2+ has a bigger AoE than SG.

Jack Frost casts faster than SG.

Jack Frost always freezes things immediately - if it can - while SG pushes them around like a derp which is especially annoying with ranged mobs.

Jack Frost also has better DPS than SG, especially if targets have the freezing staus (from Frost Misty or Water DB).

SG does have it's uses, but most of the time I prefer Jack Frost.

Waterball is only single target and needs you to cast Deluge fist, so it's not optimal for killing bigger mobs.

But: Waterball is super awesome for high HP single target things, they don't even need to be fire elemental.

Also why Meteor Storm and not Crimson Rock?

Crimson Rock can reach some pretty neat damage levels, up to the point where you can just oneshot everything you level on.

(Not talking about Bio4, I really dislike Bio4 and don't see it as a super amazing place. Too much waste of time waiting, so you end up lvling everything in NCT anyways. Unless you go with guildies/friends only. :V)

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:30 AM

Jack Frost is love
Jack Frost is life

#4 OReidoGado

OReidoGado

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:51 AM

Jack Frost is love
Jack Frost is life

heheh it sounds like a yes, hehe

#5 OReidoGado

OReidoGado

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:54 AM

Jack Frost 2+ has a bigger AoE than SG.

Jack Frost casts faster than SG.

Jack Frost always freezes things immediately - if it can - while SG pushes them around like a derp which is especially annoying with ranged mobs.

Jack Frost also has better DPS than SG, especially if targets have the freezing staus (from Frost Misty or Water DB).

SG does have it's uses, but most of the time I prefer Jack Frost.

Waterball is only single target and needs you to cast Deluge fist, so it's not optimal for killing bigger mobs.

But: Waterball is super awesome for high HP single target things, they don't even need to be fire elemental.

Also why Meteor Storm and not Crimson Rock?

Crimson Rock can reach some pretty neat damage levels, up to the point where you can just oneshot everything you level on.

(Not talking about Bio4, I really dislike Bio4 and don't see it as a super amazing place. Too much waste of time waiting, so you end up lvling everything in NCT anyways. Unless you go with guildies/friends only. :V)

I use more often the Crimson Rock, but I mean that I have already upgraded the Comet skill tree. SG seems interesting once the target isn't freeze it still geting hits, but for your description, Jack Frost maybe do the job better. Thanks ^^

#6 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

Crimson Rock is powerful  keep it mind it's the  100x better version of Meteor Storm ....

with right gear  , you can one shot every NCT mobs easily  ,  faster cast   better delay

(Crimson Rock have 5 secs Cooldown when Manual cast  but you can use other skill while on cool down  or you can release another Crimson Rock to skip it) 

and trigger Soul Drain every kill

why pick Meteor Storm  that's sucks  on damage  (take a lot of time to kill mobs after level 100)  / cast time / after cast delay  without string......   

and with right gear  (Alchemy Gloves / Lichtern Red /  NAM / True KK   etc.)   , Crimson Rock do more damage than Comet  even hit "Non Earth / Undead" mobs

* Unless you pick Comet for hitting Shadow 4 / Holy 4  mobs  in some instances like OGH / ET 

but if party with other class like Gene / Ranger / Rebel   they have better performance against these mobs   so I prefered spamming Jack Frost or use Crimson Rock instead of Comet    ,   always focus on mobs that's weak against element.....

I'm better pick   Frost misty (combo with Jack Frost is nice  especially  if you have  Pororoca + La Cryma stick  damage is great....)  and Earth Strain  for another AoE 

if they're free points  after you get all main skills..... 

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 10 February 2018 - 08:41 AM.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:39 AM

with the setup for it, Meteor Storm DPS is quite disgusting

#8 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:11 AM

I use more often the Crimson Rock, but I mean that I have already upgraded the Comet skill tree. SG seems interesting once the target isn't freeze it still geting hits, but for your description, Jack Frost maybe do the job better. Thanks ^^

Hmm you are lv.159 already and you are still using Meteor Storm. Interesting, how much damage can you do with Meteor Storm? I aint sure if theres any circumstance that Meteor Storm is more preferable than Crimson Rock, other than the fact that it has wider AOE. Have you been able to one shot any mobs(even those weak to fire) with Meteor Storm at all?

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

https://www.divine-p...lay/download/78
https://www.divine-p...lay/download/79

#10 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

Meteor Storm is stupid with the right setup but, jackfrost is also stupid with the right setup, go jackfrost, is a frikin big aoe wich is self centered so, is the "WLs retarded mode" skill :) pretty useful

#11 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

Hi OP.
Mind sharing to us how you are able to survive to 159 withthat skill setup?

#12 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

If he is using Storm Gust AND Water Ball, he is most likely using Pororoca Shoes and Lacryma.

#13 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:54 AM

Insta cast non-stop Meteor Storm  o_o !!

#14 OReidoGado

OReidoGado

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:40 AM

hahahah, I used the wrong name of the spell!! hahaha, I'm brazilian, and there are other server here, and I confuse the names of skills sometimes... I don't use Meteor Storm a long time ago... I most use Crimson Rock and in some situations, Comet. Meteor is quite desgusting indeed, kkkk. For SG and Waterball I use Lacryma, Shield of Gefen Water Book and Pororoca. Thanks folks

Edited by OReidoGado, 11 February 2018 - 08:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users