• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:14 AM

Assuming we get the one that gives either 200 or 250 atk for 120 int, will it be better? I tried playing around with the calc and it doesn't seem to do any better than tengu set whether the weapon is a crimson mace (low watk) or a hurricane fury (high watk). 

The only possible benefit (?) I see is a free lower headgear slot. Are there any possible lower headgears around  (possible or already-existing onese) that could make seraphim worth it?

#2 Guitarlum

Guitarlum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

We don't know the iRO implementation yet, do we? 

My guess is that with arrival of Gambler Seal & Imp. Feather, Mob Scarf (for non-mtk) and Tengu are outclassed. 

#3 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

Assuming we get the one that gives either 200 or 250 atk for 120 int, will it be better? I tried playing around with the calc and it doesn't seem to do any better than tengu set whether the weapon is a crimson mace (low watk) or a hurricane fury (high watk). 

The only possible benefit (?) I see is a free lower headgear slot. Are there any possible lower headgears around  (possible or already-existing onese) that could make seraphim worth it?

Anyway, I can't see how imp feather can outclass mob scarf and tengu tho esp for non-RG. For gambler's seal, afaik, it doesn't offer higher damage than tengu set and mob scarf

edit:
oh forgot about imp feather + rg necklace. 

Edited by mikkotinamide, 12 February 2018 - 06:20 PM.

#4 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

Are you sure you're using the calculator right?

have you ever notice damage difference that given by shield spell swap rg shield with gaia/anemos shield on genes? :p_smile:

or

have you ever tried maxed level dieter pyroclast lvl 5 eatk bonus ?

those 2 temporary buffs above only give 150 eatk and 200 eatk, while the headgear provides 250 eatk bonus.

and imagine stacking these 2 buffs with the headgear and other things around while you're able to maintain high physical/ranged damage % bonus

#5 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

its all about the price of the gear, if that does come to the server and tengu is still Overprice AF then it could be a good substitute. Still i think that if you have a high base atk weapon with good refinement and a lot of str, tengu would still be better.

#6 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

tengu wont be outclassed as well as imp feather combo

#7 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:21 AM

This thread is more relevant now than ever lol. Continuing with the discussion, I do feel Seraphim > Tengu but I don't know for sure since I don't have a 120 str gene and don't plan to.

#8 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:32 PM

Now with Seraphim in game I’d only roll 120 STR in a Gene if I had Megs. 120 STR Gene with Megs, Tengu Set and Robot Arm is quite powerful.

Non Meg, I roll 70ish STR and swap Seraphim to CC and Mob to AB.

Edited by fenrir99, 18 April 2018 - 12:33 PM.

#9 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

I guess the calculations I did with azzy were pretty close.

Are there any future weapons that could replace the default +15 C. Mace? Tengu will definitely be better for high atk set-ups. Tested in sakray with +14 V. Mind Mace. 

So far, seraphim only gives marginal improvement and QoL upgrade in the form of free lower headgear slot. IMO, not worth the price tho. Wouldn't spend more than 1b-1.5 for it.

#10 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:50 PM

At this point, you are basically maxing on damage, so 250 atk is definitely worth it but if you are not comfortable with the price then yeah just wait for remix.

#11 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

Someone have a optimal stat build for the Seraphim? I am guessing you need 120 int and dex but just wondering how to fill out the rest?

I did reset my Gen. I was a 120 str/dex build before. My current stat build:

Str: 100

Agi: 9

Vit: 74

Int: 120

Dex: 120

luk: 41

That is me just winging it lol. I have no clue what is best. I have all opc gears available(mob scarf combo, seraphim/survivors orb combo, tengu combo). Maybe I shouldn't even be running this? Maybe with no limits to my gear I was better off with 120 str/dex option?

Edited by DarkDan, 18 April 2018 - 04:01 PM.

#12 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:16 PM

As what moyu said, seraphim is for min-maxing. And budget/value is not what really one considers when optimizing a set-up.

@darkdan I'd rather have 90 vit 1 luk since you'll be using PDM most likely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users