Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

So, as suggested, We should move our displeasure to this much quieter forum and not on the patch notes.

Some of us worked hard for that Super Cute Dog costume, we all submitted something decent in the hopes that we'd have something cool for a little while to show that we did something.

Well that lasted for less than a day, now everyone and their sister will have the costume with no effort involved. 

Obviously this is a large Middle Finger to anyone that put their time and effort into a submission. At least with the Winter Art Contest the participation awards were worth something and still aren't obtainable to this day, but anyone who participated in this was told "Your submission wasn't good enough so you get a costume a day before everyone else. Way to go."

It's disappointing.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:54 PM

Going to respond here:

U know I usually give u props on stuff cinnamon, even when u mod my posts, but this time the point of their frustration went right over y'all heads. The event says they will get it early, which yes they realize means the public will have them, but it's ONE DAY LATER, like they can't even enjoy the fruita of their efforts for a few days even to say look I worked hard on something and got rewarded in a way, without having everyone running around looking like airbud too

I totally agree that 1 day early access is too short. If it was a week early that would be acceptable, at least in my opinion.

While we are on the topic of "exclusivity being phased out," bring back the Warm Cat Muffler or the Large Muffler please. They've been exclusive enough.

Pretty sure they will come around.

#3 VModSoup

VModSoup

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 208 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

The participation prize is named though, is it not?

#4 Funen1

Funen1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:13 PM

Even though I wasn't part of this contest, I still thought the hat becoming available only one day later was a bad move when I first heard about it. Cinnamon ninja'd me on this, but a week was the first thing that came to my mind too. Or if they really want to limit early access on stuff to one day, they should probably make that more obvious rather than saying only "get it early" in the contest thread lol.

#5 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:16 PM

Lol the whole "it's named" thing is a pretty silly counter argument. They should wait a week or 2 at least before releasing it to be public. It's really kinda insulting to the people who participated. I feel bad for them. If I was even slightly artistic and worked hard on something, even if it was just a participation prize, I'd be pretty bummed to find out people who didn't even know the event existed get to immediately reap the same reward that I do after at least trying my best to win a contest.

Oh, that's right, it has a name on it though, all is forgiven. Give me a break lol

#6 UrsaMinor1

UrsaMinor1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

Putting my last post from the patch notes in here since it is part of this discussion:

Hello,
The headgears won as participation are handed in early before the actual release, also they come with the user's name of character. So they are still special in their own way.

In short, being super exclusive is slowly being phased out. Possibly we will see different types of prizes in future. As soon as new events are announced we will learn better.

Further into is found in CM Astra's post quoted below.

Hello, as mentioned in the PM.
That section is restricted to newly created accounts which is intended, this has been the case for a long while to hinder abuse. The part that the section is still view-able will be adjusted.
The headgear can be obtained by the community, after the weekly maintenance.

Should you feel the need to provide feedback or discuss the contest further I would suggest opening a new topic in the correct section to properly address the concerns. Discussing the contest here is not really appropriate to the patch notes. Your feedback is appreciated, Thank you.

I really understand where you're coming from and that there are forum rules we have to follow but why would you allow guests to view a forum, but not newly joined members?

I've told several of my friends about this contest who really looked forward to joining it especially two of them who were completely new to this server and hoped to obtain an exclusive item for themselves. As it is now only seasoned member got the chance to receive even more while new members of the community were left out.

I feel bad because I told people to put in effort to take part in an event they weren't even able to join.

Now everyone gets a chance to receive the super cute dog, but where is the chance for the new members to receive the other two headgears?

The economy makes it already super hard for new players to even start out on Odin and now new players are even left out when it comes to community events.

Don't you want new players in your game?

If them being named is such a great thing make the winning headgears also named and give everyone a chance to obtain the other headgears through the ingame event as well. The ones the winners have will still be exclusive then, because they are named right?

Don't exclude new players from events!

Lol the whole "it's named" thing is a pretty silly counter argument. They should wait a week or 2 at least before releasing it to be public. It's really kinda insulting to the people who participated. I feel bad for them. If I was even slightly artistic and worked hard on something, even if it was just a participation prize, I'd be pretty bummed to find out people who didn't even know the event existed get to immediately reap the same reward that I do after at least trying my best to win a contest.

Oh, that's right, it has a name on it though, all is forgiven. Give me a break lol

That's another thing. I mean who will even notice that my headgear is different from the ones given out during the contest? It's not like the name is noticeable unless you look at my equipment info.

People put in a lot of effort but either weren't able to join or couldn't even enjoy their price since 1. everyone gets the same thing 1 day later and 2. because the effect didn't even work

Edited by UrsaMinor1, 13 February 2018 - 11:02 PM.

#7 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

Putting my last post from the patch notes in here since it is part of this discussion:

I really understand where you're coming from and that there are forum rules we have to follow but why would you allow guests to view a forum, but not newly joined members?

I've told several of my friends about this contest who really looked forward to joining it especially two of them who were completely new to this server and hoped to obtain an exclusive item for themselves. As it is now only seasoned member got the chance to receive even more while new members of the community were left out.

I feel bad because I told people to put in effort to take part in an event they weren't even able to join.

Now everyone gets a chance to receive the super cute dog, but where is the chance for the new members to receive the other two headgears?

The economy makes it already super hard for new players to even start out on Odin and now new players are even left out when it comes to community events.

Don't you want new players in your game?

If them being named is such a great thing make the winning headgears also named and give everyone a chance to obtain the other headgears through the ingame event as well. The ones the winners have will still be exclusive then, because they are named right?

Don't exclude new players from events!

This is something the admins of the forums will have to adjust, if the sub section is properly restricted then it shouldn't be view-able like that, else it would cause confusion.

The Puppy headgear will be made available to everyone after this weekly maintenance through an in-game event, I don't have access to the details of the event however. 

On the restriction:

Number of measures have been taken beforehand to counter the reported events abuse, however, there was no choice but to restrict access to the subsection. It is a severe move but it had to be done.

Such events are meant to be for fun after all, and not a playground for abusive manners.

On topic:

Gathered concerns on the contest so far:

• Participation prize is released 1 day before the actual event.
  • Participation prize effects reported not working.
    Edit: The Costume Super Cute Dog right now gives an HP boost (not mentioned in item's desc, it is unknown if the effect is intended or not).
  • Viewing restricted forums.
  • Missing indication that the event is for established posting accounts, as new accounts cannot post in the subsection.

Will be updating this post as necessary for the staff, so please share your feedback.

Do keep in mind, things may not change for this contest but perhaps for the ones to come.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 14 February 2018 - 12:19 AM.

#8 UrsaMinor1

UrsaMinor1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:41 AM

Maybe also add that the event had only been advertised in the RO1 part of the forum so many Odin players didn't even know about it?
If a contest includes all servers it should also been advertised to all players eligible to join.

#9 sp13

sp13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

• Participation prize effects reported not working.
    Edit: The Costume Super Cute Dog right now gives an HP boost (not mentioned in item's desc, it is unknown if the effect is intended or not).

This is still the case after maintenance.  I tried using meat with the costume on and off, and healed for around the same amount.  It is still giving a hp boost when worn.

#10 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

This is still the case after maintenance.  I tried using meat with the costume on and off, and healed for around the same amount.  It is still giving a hp boost when worn.

I have been informed this will be adjusted during the restart tomorrow.

#11 9469130508173849077

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:52 PM

the contest was a failure. and that's because of the inability of the warportal staff to plan things well.

They give a prize that loses value 1 day later, they do not inform the bases of the contest and they arbitrarily exclude people who wanted to compete.

unfortunately it becomes customary that attitude of forgiveness we will improve the next time, but unfortunately does not learn from their mistakes in each upgrade something new bad comes out. and it still does not occur to them to test things before uploading the server. Basic questions such as: "Are all the items for the quest?" "Do the portals work?"

unfortunately leave people unhappy with a "will be for the next" do not know if it will be lack of initiative or creativity but many of the problems could be solved DURING the contest or right now. but no ... they prefer an attitude of "it doesn't matter anymore, it's past"

#12 UrsaMinor1

UrsaMinor1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:26 PM

unfortunately leave people unhappy with a "will be for the next" do not know if it will be lack of initiative or creativity but many of the problems could be solved DURING the contest or right now. but no ... they prefer an attitude of "it doesn't matter anymore, it's past"

Sadly that is true. While things may change in the future it doesn't change that a lot of people felt let down and were disappointed with the contest. People spent hours of time or even real money on their submission just to find out they weren't allowed to join.

It feels like it really wasn't well thought through and I can't imagine that no one had noticed these problems till the last day of the contest. It would have been easy to change the description of the contest or the viewing rights of the forum during the contest. But no, it gets ignored through till people complain openly afterwards.

Not that we can say for sure that thing will be different next time since we never get any king of official response.

Edited by UrsaMinor1, 14 February 2018 - 07:38 PM.

#13 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

I feel extremely let down and disappointed and I won't waste my time on further WP costumes. It's a feeling of "they don't care so why should I?"

On the costume being named, big whoop. It's named. Great. Is that a visible difference in the costume, does that effect it's value, does that make it any more special? Absolutely not.

Edited by Renaru, 14 February 2018 - 07:58 PM.

#14 Skormi

Skormi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:37 AM

Maybe also add that the event had only been advertised in the RO1 part of the forum so many Odin players didn't even know about it?
If a contest includes all servers it should also been advertised to all players eligible to join.

i check these forums every couple of days, but i only go to the restart ones cause that's what i play(ed). when i saw this topic i was like wtf what art contest?
looking for it just now was even a hassle, like.. it's in the RO1 section? under the art section?? who even looks there besides renewal people?
honestly these forums are a cluster-_-

#15 lmmortaI

lmmortaI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:32 AM

Keep it up WP!

#16 rhexis

rhexis