• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 mattaangel

mattaangel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

As we had a topic like this last week, let's discuss about doing woe 2 on Friday 7 pm to 9 pm PST.

For EU guilds/players this is terrible, much much worse than before. Atleast 3 guilds will not be able to attend woes.

#2 mattaangel

mattaangel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:05 AM

One possible solution (I know is not the best but atleast VIABLE for everyone) would be 12 am- 2 am PST friday.

US players would play friday night (not too bad for who doesnt work on saturday)

It would be 8 am in UK and 9 am in the rest of EU and even later for russians (not the best but still viable for the majority of us)

It would be in the middle of saturday for asia, perfect for them!

Correct me if I am wrong

Edited by mattaangel, 14 February 2018 - 01:41 AM.

#3 notmad

notmad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin Re:Start

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:14 AM

12pm-2am would be a 14hr WoE  :heh:

Assuming you mean 12am, do you mean between Thurs and Fri or between Fri and Sat?

#4 Namrok

Namrok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Twitter:c21h30w2
  • LocationRU: Saint Petersburg
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:22 AM

It would be 8 am in UK and 9 am in the rest of EU and even later for russians (not the best but still viable for the majority of us) 

ofc if woe2 will start  9am is better than in 6am XD

not best, but its possible

#5 mattaangel

mattaangel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:24 AM

12pm-2am would be a 14hr WoE :heh:

Assuming you mean 12am, do you mean between Thurs and Fri or between Fri and Sat?

Sorry XD, I mean from friday midnight to 2 am saturday

Edited by mattaangel, 14 February 2018 - 01:28 AM.

#6 notmad

notmad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Odin Re:Start

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

Sorry XD, I mean from friday midnight to 2 am saturday

That would for sure be a better time for me.

#7 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:52 AM

Agreed with that suggested time, that would definitely be an improvement.

As it stands, it's currently 3-5am for me, which is... Not ideal.

#8 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:37 AM

first of all, boo -_- hoo to all the euros who have to play at 3-5am. welcome to a fraction of the pain the eastern hemisphere has had to deal with in online gaming since its inception

that said, the time could easily be moved back from 7pm by several hours to accommodate the euros etc. making their lives easier

if something like 11pm on a friday night is too hard for you to play, you don't have any experience with being on the arse end of the world that no one cares about. wanna go drinking? tough. go drinking or woe. our choice so far has been much worse;  (3/4 - 5/6am sunday morning) that leaves us no time to adjust to the following work week

#9 OrionSlayeer

OrionSlayeer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:08 AM

first of all, boo -_- hoo to all the euros who have to play at 3-5am. welcome to a fraction of the pain the eastern hemisphere has had to deal with in online gaming since its inception

that said, the time could easily be moved back from 7pm by several hours to accommodate the euros etc. making their lives easier

if something like 11pm on a friday night is too hard for you to play, you don't have any experience with being on the arse end of the world that no one cares about. wanna go drinking? tough. go drinking or woe. our choice so far has been much worse;  (3/4 - 5/6am sunday morning) that leaves us no time to adjust to the following work week

Except Friday and Saturday are workdays for many people. Sunday no one works.

Check the freaking time table and you´ll have a better view of the situation- https://imgur.com/6eTSKFC

#10 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:11 AM

if something like 11pm on a friday night is too hard for you to play, you don't have any experience with being on the arse end of the world that no one cares about. wanna go drinking? tough. go drinking or woe. our choice so far has been much worse; (3/4 - 5/6am sunday morning) that leaves us no time to adjust to the following work week

The thing is... Why choose a time that sucks for one decently sized part of the population when you can just move the time a few hours (for Friday) and make it better for everyone?

I don't think anyone is discounting that Asia and Oceania get the short stick in these situations a lot, but there are better options than the one WP chose.

#11 mattaangel

mattaangel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:22 AM

What's the point in being such a jerk on the forums when everything you say is stupid?

#12 OrionSlayeer

OrionSlayeer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:29 AM

The thing is... Why choose a time that sucks for one decently sized part of the population when you can just move the time a few hours (for Friday) and make it better for everyone?

I don't think anyone is discounting that Asia and Oceania get the short stick in these situations a lot, but there are better options than the one WP chose.

yeah they get the short stick. That´s also why they have their own freaking server on their own freaking time zone. If i had a Re:start based on Europe, I would most certainly be there.

#13 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:29 AM

The point is, there is no perfect schedule to cater everyone's preferred time. Hence, the demographic.

#14 mattaangel

mattaangel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:34 AM

The point is, there is no perfect schedule to cater everyone's preferred time. Hence, the demographic.

I agree, there's no 'perfect' schedule but still you can put the woe without forcing an entire continent to play at 4 am.

#15 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:14 AM

yeah they get the short stick. That´s also why they have their own freaking server on their own freaking time zone. If i had a Re:start based on Europe, I would most certainly be there.

Well technically, both Brazil and the Philippines aren't even "allowed" to create accounts for Restart, but WP isn't enforcing their "contractual obligations" other than account creation because even they are smart enough to realise the population would suffer greatly if they did.

#16 OrionSlayeer

OrionSlayeer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:17 AM

I started a new Post with a proposal for electing a new time slot that is more or less good for most people-

Would be nice to have at least the Guild leaders leave their opinion

https://forums.warpp...ard-a-solution/

#17 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:41 AM

this guy gets it

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:02 AM

I think it's better to dick over one country (aus) than a whole continent (eu/ru)

Just my thoughts. 

#19 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

• Current WoE Guild Leaders are meeting to find a time that works for a majority of the WoE community. If you want to participate and currently lead a active guild please talk to Stephcake https://forums.warpp...0761-stephcake/

#20 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth of Heaven

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:53 AM

I can't help but find this humorous, when WoE first came out the time was set in stone and now the new WoE's time schedule is being changed to better suit a particular group of people right out the gate. You fold like a chair, Camp.

Edited by DisposableHero, 16 February 2018 - 01:54 AM.

#21 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:30 AM

I can't help but find this humorous, when WoE first came out the time was set in stone and now the new WoE's time schedule is being changed to better suit a particular group of people right out the gate. You fold like a chair, Camp.

If you are offered help at work for something you can't solve on your own, do you refuse it as well? I'd fire you on the spot for taking too long to solve an issue and not being a teamplayer.

The people involved in the vote (the major guilds) have no ill intentions. We offered help to camp - he took it and I am hoping that he will in the future as well whenever reasonable. All WoEing guilds have a vote in this.

#22 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Odin ReStart

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:51 AM

7-9, sucked.

10-12, much better.

12-2, more participation? make it happen.

*Times in EST.

**Umizu so emozi

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:07 AM

That "particular group of people" happens to be every guildleader on the server. I fail to see the problem with this

#24 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth of Heaven

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

If you are offered help at work for something you can't solve on your own, do you refuse it as well? I'd fire you on the spot for taking too long to solve an issue and not being a teamplayer.

The people involved in the vote (the major guilds) have no ill intentions. We offered help to camp - he took it and I am hoping that he will in the future as well whenever reasonable. All WoEing guilds have a vote in this.

Never been one to go to work for someone who likely has no idea what the -_- the job's about anyway. I only made a comment because last time this came up before 1.0 everyone posting asking for a change was told to shut the -_- up and deal with it. There's a conflict of interest here, I can see it plainly, and I know you can too but you stand to benefit from a change to the scheduling.

That "particular group of people" happens to be every guildleader on the server. I fail to see the problem with this

Allah forbid there be a different timeframe for 2.0, that might allow some new competition to crop up.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:44 AM

Never been one to go to work for someone who likely has no idea what the -_- the job's about anyway. I only made a comment because last time this came up before 1.0 everyone posting asking for a change was told to shut the -_- up and deal with it. There's a conflict of interest here, I can see it plainly, and I know you can too but you stand to benefit from a change to the scheduling.

Allah forbid there be a different timeframe for 2.0, that might allow some new competition to crop up.

What's the point of new competition if there's nothing for them to compete against? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users