WoE Times- A Constructive Post toward a solution. - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WoE Times- A Constructive Post toward a solution.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 OrionSlayeer

OrionSlayeer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:06 AM

This is the data we have at the moment to aid us in this decision.

It would be lovely to have the guild leaders position themselves in this matter, so we can hand WP a Solution for all guilds.

If doing a Time suggestion, please use the LA time as reference, so we can identify the implications for the rest of the world.

Consider this:

(Guild leaders please chip in if I am mistaken here)

-DW (35-40 players) - BR

-SH (40-50 players) - BR

-Valhalla( 45-55 players)- ???

-SNL( 45-55 Players)- NA>AUS>EU

-Sidequest (15-20 players??)- Mostly EU/US

-YumYum (35 Players??)- RU

-Melody( 10-15 players) - EU

-24/7(30-40 players) - EU

-Epiphany(30 players?)-  No data.

-Rebellion(30 players?)- PH?

-Valkyrie (10-20 players)- US/ EU

-Pink Martini( 20 Players) - EU/US/BR

So:

oeuBpTH.png

Notes:

--> Correct YumYum to 35 players. Pink Martini to 20 players

--> Add Game Greats to chart with 30 players

With this in mind:

D0XMTG4dRcmwTrhq05Ldlg.jpg

Just to be clear- MARKED IN GREEN are leftovers of my personal table were I marked my relevant time slots. Please regard all 24 hours as possible time slots.

This is my suggestion for a Election. Please comment on this. It is very important that the Data about the guilds is correct. I believe that we should set a Size limit of a minimum of 10 players ( Around 3% of total) , to be able to participate in this election.

Election rules:

Every Guild leader gets to make as many suggestions of candidates as they feel is necessary.

Voting: Every Guild leaders get their % of players in WoE as votes. Ex: SNL would get 14.16 Votes while Melody would get 3.68 Votes.

Winner: The time slot with over 75% of votes in the first run, wins automatically. If no time slots have over 75%, the 3 most voted time slots go into a second run with a 75% majority rule once more. If none reach 75%, the 2 most voted go into a third run. This final run defines the winning time slot.

Please let me know if you need Guild information added.

With Kind Regards,

Orion

Edited by OrionSlayeer, 14 February 2018 - 08:18 AM.

#2 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:17 AM

lol

mad props for going through all the effort to draw up tables of data and stuff (you should come play eve) but it won't solve anything regarding woe times

#3 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin ReStart

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:20 AM

Those times are trash for any typical 9-5 working citizen in the US of which the server is hosted in....

Please no.

#4 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

It would be lovely to have the guild leaders position themselves in this matter, so we can hand WP a Solution for all guilds.

If doing a Time suggestion, please use the LA time as reference, so we can identify the implications for the rest of the world.

Consider this:

-DW (35-40 players) - BR
-SH (40-50 players) - BR
-YumYum (15-20 Players??)- RU
-Epiphany(30 players?)- No data.
-Pink Martini(20-30 Players) - EU/US/BR

So:
oeuBpTH.png

With this in mind:

This is my suggestion for a Election. Please comment on this. It is very important that the Data about the guilds is correct. I believe that we should set a Size limit of a minimum of 10 players ( Around 3% of total) , to be able to participate in this election.

Election rules:

Every Guild leader gets to make as many suggestions of candidates as they feel is necessary.
Voting: Every Guild leaders get their % of players in WoE as votes. Ex: SNL would get 14.16 Votes while Melody would get 3.68 Votes.
Winner: The time slot with over 75% of votes in the first run, wins automatically. If no time slots have over 75%, the 3 most voted time slots go into a second run with a 75% majority rule once more. If none reach 75%, the 2 most voted go into a third run. This final run defines the winning time slot.

With Kind Regards,

Orion

Your data is missing around 4000-5000 players per astras chart lulz

#5 OrionSlayeer

OrionSlayeer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

lol

mad props for going through all the effort to draw up tables of data and stuff (you should come play eve) but it won't solve anything regarding woe times

Someone has to do the work, right?

I just wish that, if we are able to give a clear position, democratically elected by all stakeholders, WP might actually listen to us.

I understand if they don´t listen to single players or not representative posts. But it would be very stupid of them to ignore this.

#6 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:24 AM

Consider this:

-DW (35-40 players) - BR
-SH (40-50 players) - BR
-Epiphany(30 players?)- No data.
-Pink Martini(20-30 Players) - EU/US/BR

So:
oeuBpTH.png

With this in mind:

Election rules:

With Kind Regards,

Orion

But u also gotta realize, ur using LA as a marker for US time, but those "plausible" times put the est and central times right in the same situation Euro is in now.
Not all RO players in the USA are in pst lulz

Edited by Spoon, 14 February 2018 - 06:25 AM.

#7 OrionSlayeer

OrionSlayeer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:24 AM

Those times are trash for any typical 9-5 working citizen in the US of which the server is hosted in....

Please no.

You do realize that these Times are all possible times, right? Read the entire post, including the election system, so you understand first. After you do that, any comment is welcome.

#8 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:25 AM

You do realize that these Times are all possible times, right? Read the entire post, including the election system, so you understand first. After you do that, any comment is welcome.

They are not possible times because they are trash times.

The server is hosted in the US. Why would you completely -_- on the entire US' time frame?

Edit::

7-9pm Friday works for me, personally. It interferes with potential Friday plans that will cause me to miss many WoEs come summer time, but it works.

4-6pm Sunday works okay, I will likely miss every other because I have a kid and drop off is at 6.

ANY time Friday before 1800 hours is dumb.

While yall overseas folks might be the majority of players, from my understanding you have alternative servers to play on. We don't and this server is hosted in the US and should respect such at least a little bit.

Edited by theRagnarokDude, 14 February 2018 - 06:29 AM.

#9 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:25 AM

Every time in green screws over the other time zones for the USA and are realistically only plausible for PST on a friday

#10 OrionSlayeer

OrionSlayeer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:27 AM

But u also gotta realize, ur using LA as a marker for US time, but those "plausible" times put the est and central times right in the same situation Euro is in now.
Not all RO players in the USA are in pst lulz

That should nt be a problem. That chart is for orientation purposes. The guild leaders that have US players, will take their time differences into consideration and vote for their best option.

If it bothers you that much, I can always add the other cities into the time table.

#11 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

you can never suggest an inconvenient time for NA players for an NA  based company even though it may be called internationalRO

the best thing they can do is push back the time to much later in the evening for US players which helps europe,  but -_-s brazil over more. guilds have relied on the previous WoE times way too much and built their guild around it and now it's going to fail them. that's the way things go when patches are written. unlucky, so sorry.

don't build an empire on based on rock if paper is going to easily eliminate them

#12 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

So, 3am LA time is 5am Chicago. And that is good why?

#13 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:31 AM

also anyone suggesting the international  ragnarok server should always completely comply with anything any US player says is not only naive, but a little slow and has no business sense

#14 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:32 AM

That should nt be a problem. That chart is for orientation purposes. The guild leaders that have US players, will take their time differences into consideration and vote for their best option.

If it bothers you that much, I can always add the other cities into the time table.

It's actually a problem because it shows false data of what an actual plausible time is, don't get me wrong u put in a lot of work to try and come up with a solution but it's missing too much actual factors

Edited by Spoon, 14 February 2018 - 06:33 AM.

#15 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:33 AM

also anyone suggesting the international  ragnarok server should always completely comply with anything any US player says is not only naive, but a little slow and has no business sense

And playing a US hosted game you should suck it up buttercup.

#16 deesrojournal

deesrojournal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:ggdeeofficial
  • Server:iRO RE:Start Odin

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:40 AM

early morning on a workday? :/ pls no.

Game Greats is mostly NA, -PH

#17 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:41 AM

Europe is working at your suggested times lol

#18 OrionSlayeer

OrionSlayeer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:45 AM

Well, this was aimed at people with the minimal interpretation capabilities. Mainly I was looking for the participation of Guild leaders. The Mish mash of deciding which Timeslots are good for each player/guild is not my problem. You should be able to do that inside your guilds and decide for yourselves what are the best candidates, and afterwards vote.

This is a proposition of an election. I understand that many might be confused as what an democratic process looks like, but this here is not about your personal needs. This is about the best time slot, for the majority of players, disregarding where you are playing from. Obviously, this is a discussion to set a good TIME SLOT. Friday was a suggestion made by WP.

Since this is aimed at collecting the general feeling for the player base, we are not bound by that limitation. This is just a first step towards a solution, hence the title "Constructive". We would still need to check for better days and other stuff.

As I see it, WoE 1.0 should vacate the time slot and be swapped with 2.0, as many people and leaders have already suggested. If the leaders come together and vote for this swap, we can alter this and take it for granted before this election.

Putting some days between the 2 WoEs would also be smart. We could analyze the possibilities of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.

The key word is "Constructive". this is a suggestion open to debate and obviously has a lot of room to grow. Keep this in mind, and we might get somewhere.

#19 Namrok

Namrok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Twitter:c21h30w2
  • LocationRU: Saint Petersburg
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:52 AM

need to fix you ^^

stable 25-30 on woe

and 10+ reserve till trancended

also, 15+ still leveling becose new coming ^^

total we have 35+

#20 laquintinie

laquintinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:56 AM

Thank you for taking the time to do this, even if it goes nowhere. Clearly if the Staff WORKED with the playerbase and LISTENED to us a bit more, the server would be 100x better, more people would be playing, less complaints and their profits would be higher... but welp.

You can also decrease Pink Martini's woe att to 20 =)

Edited by laquintinie, 14 February 2018 - 06:57 AM.

#21 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:59 AM

WP needs to make this choice not the players. I would think that because they are based in the USA that they would find a good time for where the server is located. Then from there, I would focus all my advertising within that time zone.

If you all want less castles because the population is low or you want a time zone that works for everyone, you are limiting yourself to what the current conditions are and not what is best for WP which would be to grow in the right direction.

#22 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:13 AM

Steph has a better option to come up with a proposed WoE time. This won’t work because it’s being discussed in the wrong forum. If you’re looking to get to a real solution orion, have zakila or sharp invite you to our iro leader discord, or suck up your pride and pm me for an invite.

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:20 AM

I think any starting time between 3pm PST and 6pm pst works pretty well. It's late for EU but not TOO late. The only people it should really upset are people in the pst timezone. Which is like, I get it, but we're trying to keep an entire continent playing here. 

Also camps chart probably peaks out because people are putting up their nighttime vends lol

#24 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:38 AM

Steph has a better option to come up with a proposed WoE time. This won’t work because it’s being discussed in the wrong forum. If you’re looking to get to a real solution orion, have zakila or sharp invite you to our iro leader discord, or suck up your pride and pm me for an invite.

On that note, any guild leaders reading this (or members of WoE guilds who don't have access to it yet), please shoot me a forum PM - I've set up a Doodle for everyone to put the times they can make on. Keeping it off the forums for better monitoring for the moment.

Theoretically, if every member of the guilds who currently want to do WoE2 vote on there, we'll get the time that works for most people with less effort than Orion's vote - great work on that though, thanks for putting in the effort!

Edited by Stephcake, 14 February 2018 - 07:39 AM.

#25 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

Inb4
"The warpportal team appreciates your input and will submit this to the studio for further review"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users