Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

It's a couple weeks before trans (assuming they don't mean the ass end of March).

Will we get an EXP event to help the slower levelers get to 99?

#2 Darvis123

Darvis123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

You guys...we have mega boosted porcellios, venatus, freaking miracle medicines...amistr bags, now we have prometheus crown + wreath...what do you want? :o Odin is almost considered as mid-rate compared to other low rate servers..

#3 sanoobie

sanoobie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationDream Boys
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

Just wipe all the items from previous events... then put in +50% exp event to make them happy

#4 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Odin ReStart

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:27 PM

You guys...we have mega boosted porcellios, venatus, freaking miracle medicines...amistr bags, now we have prometheus crown + wreath...what do you want? :o Odin is almost considered as mid-rate compared to other low rate servers..

Leveling normal classes solo still sucks probably though...

The Knight:Leech meta is too OP.

Leveling my Hunter solo at Anubis was absolutely nowhere near as fast as Knight:Leech in Jup has been and that was also pre-Porcs for the 1hr ~70 burst.. From someone that comes from a 5/5/3 private without dual clients, I can second that leveling isn't that bad with the Knight leech in Jup. It is what is is.

Join a PVM guild and party with some folks there if you have to or ask for suggestions, but we need to stop spoiling folks with the increased exp. We've had enough and now the gears are here to compensate.

#5 UrsaMinor1

UrsaMinor1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

I have to fully agree with this post. I'm a casual players mostly just playing on the weekends and even I have several 99 chars and high lvl chars in general. Thanks to porcellio and jupe leveling became almost too easy (so I am thankful for it since it definitely helps us casual players).

But seriously we don't need another exp event right now - the whole game is like a permanent exp event already!

#6 mattaangel

mattaangel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:41 AM

I have to fully agree with this post. I'm a casual players mostly just playing on the weekends and even I have several 99 chars and high lvl chars in general. Thanks to porcellio and jupe leveling became almost too easy (so I am thankful for it since it definitely helps us casual players).

But seriously we don't need another exp event right now - the whole game is like a permanent exp event already!

What if someone wants to exp a char without making a knight?

#7 UrsaMinor1

UrsaMinor1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:58 AM

What if someone wants to exp a char without making a knight?

Then that person should just do it?

It's not like it's impossible to lvl any other class besides a Knight. I got my BS to 99 in Jupe (and killed Majos before that) without a Knight. I've seen enough people lvl their Rogue, Sin, Wiz, Hunter or Alche without being leeched in Jupe. My  own Alche and even my Dancer/Bard with super basic and cheap gear are also able to kill in Jupe. Of course they don't kill as fast as a Knight does and they have to be careful not to be attacked by too many at once but it's not impossible.

You make it sound like Knight was the only class able to lvl on the server which is far from the truth.

Just join a guild that organizes parties frequently and it won't be a problem to level whatever class you want. And I know enough guilds that host parties were any class is welcome to join.

If people with weaker classes join our parties then they usually stick together and kill as a team instead of running around alone - easy solution right there!

Playing FS Priest? Just organize a party yourself which is super easy and it's not impossible to find people to join you!

It's already super easy to get to 99 regardless of what class you want to play. And you seriously don't need a Knight to get your char to lvl 60-70. Never seen any class having problems at Porcellio.

I'm also a slow leveler but even I think it's really easy and even the thread starter already has level 99 characters. Do we really need exp events so everyone ends up with 6+ level 99er characters ready for trans?

Edited by UrsaMinor1, 18 February 2018 - 10:12 AM.

#8 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

Then that person should just do it?

It's not like it's impossible to lvl any other class besides a Knight. I got my BS to 99 in Jupe (and killed Majos before that) without a Knight. I've seen enough people lvl their Rogue, Sin, Wiz, Hunter or Alche without being leeched in Jupe. My  own Alche and even my Dancer/Bard with super basic and cheap gear are also able to kill in Jupe. Of course they don't kill as fast as a Knight does and they have to be careful not to be attacked by too many at once but it's not impossible.

You make it sound like Knight was the only class able to lvl on the server which is far from the truth.

Just join a guild that organizes parties frequently and it won't be a problem to level whatever class you want. And I know enough guilds that host parties were any class is welcome to join.

If people with weaker classes join our parties then they usually stick together and kill as a team instead of running around alone - easy solution right there!

It's already super easy to get to 99 regardless of what class you want to play. And you seriously don't need a Knight to get your char to lvl 60-70. Never seen any class having problems at Porcellio.

Playing FS Priest? Just organize a party yourself which is super easy and it's not impossible to find people to join you!

I'm also a slow leveler but even I think it's really easy and even the thread starter already has level 99 characters. Do we really need exp events so everyone ends up with 6+ level 99er characters ready for trans?

This entire post is so ignorant and so wrong that I can't even begin to reply to it.

Stop making incorrect words with your no knowledge face.

#9 UrsaMinor1

UrsaMinor1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:09 AM

Well you may call it ignorant but it's simply how I experience leveling on our server. 

When I played many, many, years ago it was so much harder to get to 99, now even only playing a few hours on the weekends it's possible to get several level 99 characters in no time. Call it ignorant but to me it's slowly coming to a point where it feels game breaking to add so many broken mobs, gears that give + exp, have a raised exp ratio as a default on the server and add tons of exp events.

Of course I was happy as well when we got Jupe since I was a little worried about getting to lvl 99 in time for trans and of course I am still happy that I'll be able to get more lvl 99s ready for when trans comes out, but I really start thinking that it's getting too much with all the new gears they bring out.

Ok, I did exaggerate about making parties yourself especially as a FS priest since it is hard to get a paryt started on lower lvls and you will need to leech yourself there (but that won't be solved by getting exp events), but I soloed almost all of my character on lower levels without any problems thanks to porcellio (and a few even before we even got porcellio) and it's also not wrong that there are also other classes besides Knights leveling in Jupe (yes there are probably 80% knights there since it truly is the fastest way to level, but it's still not impossible to go with a different class).

Just think about it, if we get and exp event now so everyone has a ton of lvl 99s ready for trans then people will want another exp event to get those trans chars started. Then people will cry out that they need an exp event because casual players get left behind, then everyone will cry that they have nothing to do and need third classes because they already maxed their trans characters.

Is it really ignorant of me to suggest joining a guild, organizing parties or even teaming up to kill mobs? 

Edited by UrsaMinor1, 18 February 2018 - 11:13 AM.

#10 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:50 AM

Well you may call it ignorant but it's simply how I experience leveling on our server.

When I played many, many, years ago it was so much harder to get to 99, now even only playing a few hours on the weekends it's possible to get several level 99 characters in no time. Call it ignorant but to me it's slowly coming to a point where it feels game breaking to add so many broken mobs, gears that give + exp, have a raised exp ratio as a default on the server and add tons of exp events.

Of course I was happy as well when we got Jupe since I was a little worried about getting to lvl 99 in time for trans and of course I am still happy that I'll be able to get more lvl 99s ready for when trans comes out, but I really start thinking that it's getting too much with all the new gears they bring out.

Ok, I did exaggerate about making parties yourself especially as a FS priest since it is hard to get a paryt started on lower lvls and you will need to leech yourself there (but that won't be solved by getting exp events), but I soloed almost all of my character on lower levels without any problems thanks to porcellio and it's also not wrong that there are also other classes besides Knights leveling in Jupe (yes there are probably 80% knights there since it truly is the fastest way to level, but it's still not impossible to go with a different class).

Just think about it, if we get and exp event now so everyone has a ton of lvl 99s ready for trans then people will want another exp event to get those trans chars started. Then people will cry out that they need an exp event because casual players get left behind, then everyone will cry that they have nothing to do and need third classes because they already maxed their trans characters.

Is it really ignorant of me to suggest joining a guild, organizing parties or even teaming up to kill mobs?

I made FS priest and leveled with parties, took forever but my idea was to have fun and I got what I wanted (to make parties like old times). Nothing of ignorant there. Then Juperos came and everything was too easy.

Edited by Cyncienta, 18 February 2018 - 01:06 PM.

#11 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:14 AM

We don't NEED another exp event, but I wouldnt complain if there was one.

#12 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:16 AM

I'd rather have a drop rate increase so I have a reason to play... 

Plus it'd be nice to see items for sale that aren't raffle consolation prizes, cash shop items or cards from OCAs.

#13 NiPaigrat

NiPaigrat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

When I played many, many, years ago it was so much harder to get to 99

This.

And while I still don't have 99lvl char (hello, 24/7 freelance!), I must to agree that RO don't need _that_ much exp boosters and events. It ruins unique atmosphere. 

#14 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

no exp events when trans comes in, please

#15 Aruteeru

Aruteeru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:11 PM

There is no need for an exp event.

#16 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:20 PM

exp event pleae, thanks :)

#17 CHARMander101

CHARMander101

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLittle Root town
  • Playing:RO Valkyrie Uprising
  • Server:Asgard

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

I'd rather have a drop rate increase so I have a reason to play...

Plus it'd be nice to see items for sale that aren't raffle consolation prizes, cash shop items or cards from OCAs.

Both drop rate/100x EXP event Full Hit level boosting
a delight for players.

#18 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

I've never seen people more triggered by a post that isn't from Warp Portal...

Guys, it's just a question..

#19 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:00 PM

maybe 1 a week before trans comes to give some people a friendly push of encouragement

#20 8733130503023857157

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:04 PM

Exp Event please :)

#21 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

If it just a question expect answers.
No for exp event.
Answer from community, obviously. The gm won't even answer the real issues. Or maybe they give the exp event so they don't have to answer for real issues.

Edited by Cyncienta, 18 February 2018 - 10:49 PM.

#22 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:05 PM

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

gib exp event plis

#24 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:00 PM

I've been debating coming back, an event before trans release isn't a horrible idea. I do hope they don't implement it AFTER trans. They made that mistake on classic with dragon labs 2 weeks after trans released.

#25 notmad

notmad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Odin Re:Start

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users