why do iRO keeps on releasing bugged items? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

why do iRO keeps on releasing bugged items?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

#26 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:46 PM

Lets pretend that Camp and others are reading this thread and they care a lot about community problems.

They do read, and the vmods too. But what they just do is take note of them and rarely fix it  :p_devil:

#27 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

it also baffles me how iRO does not get to say what items will be in the next OCP package.
OCP items coming in are mostly bugged anyways and obviously there is no quality control.
​so what's stopping iRO in getting specific OCP items it wants?

They should:

1) fix bugs
​2) complete sets
3) release what most people requests

#28 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

That’s right GMs we pay for your salaries

So listen to players and do your job right

#29 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields
  • Server:Both

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:05 PM

Because iRO is driven by a concerned community, they expect us to figure out what's working and what's broken for ourselves. That, in the long run, will drive the same community out of the game. Rather, it already did.

That cat picture makes me think of a sharp hissing sound that should come with it. 

#30 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

I still want Imperial Feather just to feel that RG has got the whole set. Though I probably wont use this set lol

#31 bunnyband

bunnyband

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:12 PM

GM 1: They started to complain again, what to do?

GM 2: Ignore them like usual?

GM 3: Nice idea!

GM 1: Ok lets just do that.

#32 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

The packaged files supposedly meant for publishing should not be delivered to iRO bugged with vague translation or with missing scripts in the first place. Some of the item combos had their scripts removed during the transition jRO > kRO > iRO or completely not working due to missing critical side update.

Also note that the GM team does not work on fixing the content, it is the dev team job.

I will be sitting with Campitor to attend the OCP reports on Tuesday, for example the demi human call and refine checks should be easy to fix assuming they are indeed broken, however if the combo script is missing then that that.

I agree on delaying the release for in-depth item script testing, but in my humble opinion this is an extra step that should be avoided prior delivering the items to iRO.

#33 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

The packaged files supposedly meant for publishing should not be delivered to iRO bugged with vague translation or with missing scripts in the first place. Some of the item combos had their scripts removed during the transition jRO > kRO > iRO or completely not working due to missing critical side update.

Also note that the GM team does not work on fixing the content, it is the dev team job.

I will be sitting with Campitor to attend the OCP reports on Tuesday, for example the demi human call and refine checks should be easy to fix assuming they are indeed broken, however if the combo script is missing then that that.

I agree on delaying the release for in-depth item script testing, but in my humble opinion this is an extra step that should be avoided prior delivering the items to iRO.

Yeah alright ... but Imperial feather ... when? 

#34 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

again, the point of this thread is not about the item fixing but the releasing of bugged items. please tell them not to do that.  missing it's script? dont include it in the OCP then.

maybe atleast someone from the staff could check it's script if it's missing something. 

something like:

staff 1: *checks the script* "oh guys something is missing from this item's script!"

staff 2: *gasp* what should we do????

staff 3: i say we don't include it in the next box and have it fixed IMMEDIATELY before releasing it

staff 1 & 2: agreed

that's the dream 

Edited by BlackMeow, 18 February 2018 - 10:30 PM.

#35 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:20 PM

What about the enforcer cape[1]?? its an OCP item toooooo.

#36 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:21 PM

Missing combos could be intended, this is in general without being specific to any certain item. Also it is not as easy, all what I can say is that iRO is just a publisher and shouldn't be doing extensive bug fixing like that.

Again, at the same time I do not agree on releasing items that do not work as per their description, it is misleading.

Being said, I would prefer staff input to clarify this better, as this is all what I can put on my end on that regards.

Going to pin this concern to the staff shortly.

What about the enforcer cape[1]?? its an OCP item toooooo.

kRO is only capable as of right now to fix this, it has been mentioned that the calls require an update from kRO.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 18 February 2018 - 10:24 PM.

#37 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:44 PM

Missing combos could be intended, this is in general without being specific to any certain item. Also it is not as easy, all what I can say is that iRO is just a publisher and shouldn't be doing extensive bug fixing like that.

Again, at the same time I do not agree on releasing items that do not work as per their description, it is misleading.

Being said, I would prefer staff input to clarify this better, as this is all what I can put on my end on that regards.

Going to pin this concern to the staff shortly.

kRO is only capable as of right now to fix this, it has been mentioned that the calls require an update from kRO.

Why does kRO isn't quick and solving issues? Are they far to reach :(

All players here adds to their value right? Maybe its time for them to realized this part..

#38 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:37 AM

because kRO doesnt give a single -_-

#39 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:52 AM

kRO right....., Last time they Camp said that WP will TEST it before releasing and delay it if it wasn't working. Nothing much have changed since then except that they have allegedly tested it.

Blaming kRO at this point even all that has been said must be VERY VERY CONVENIENT!

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 19 February 2018 - 01:52 AM.

#40 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:56 AM

^ true.
If they know kRO is not sending the complete script, then dont release the item. Release them once everything is working fine.

Oh, of course WP doesnt know their item is bugged, coz they need community to test it for them. How convenient they treat their customers are.

Edited by fuyukikun, 19 February 2018 - 01:59 AM.

#41 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:09 AM

I'm beginning to think that someone who said JRO is kinda branched off is a real thing.

https://ragnarokonli...rup/refine.html

This link is an officially confirmation that the refine system of JRO has a maximum level of +10. No more than that, while I usually see people here post their screenshots of +12 +13 things.

Maybe JRO's script system is different than KRO ? I don't know.

I also don't know how WarpPortal adjusts the properties of items. Things like +7 +9 and your gear adds XX / YY, something like that.

Spoiler

Edited by OBBO, 19 February 2018 - 02:18 AM.

#42 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:22 AM

Shall we believe you? LOL

#43 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:26 AM

^ true.
If they know kRO is not sending the complete script, then dont release the item. Release them once everything is working fine.

Oh, of course WP doesnt know their item is bugged, coz they need community to test it for them. How convenient they treat their customers are.

^

they dont know how test the OCP items, 

they cant have volunteers to help to test the OCP items beforehand

( awhile back somebody made a drama about volunteer benefiting from knowing ocp items beforehand )

So we test it for them, but when the item is bugged. they say they cannot fix it, only KRO can. Well Done.

that being said fair enough nothing can be done since the team you hire isn't competent enough to test the OCP items.

31455.png this. i cannot comprehend why this is broken. 

you can test it beforehand, you can upload it to sakray. for people to test it

the items and effect is known to the public beforehand. no drama,

so either your team is not illiterate or they sleeping and playing with cats.

#44 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:34 AM

I dont care whether kRO is being a -_- etc, the moment WP let kRO bugged items to pass thru them is the moment WP quality is questioned.
And this happened so many times already....

Keyword:
And this happened so many times already.

Conclude it yourself.

Edited by fuyukikun, 19 February 2018 - 02:35 AM.

#45 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:46 AM

Back to topic. How can they fix a bug and they dont even know how to play the game. Huehuehue

#46 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:50 AM

Derail, off topic and meme postings have been removed, please stay on topic.

#47 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

Spoiler x

bugged item aside. how about magical booster.

item effect working. description none.

Edited by bearl, 19 February 2018 - 02:54 AM.

#48 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:53 AM

And those who refine them to +9 with no enrich hammer just to test the effect (like me)

#49 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:56 AM

And those who refine them to +9 with no enrich hammer just to test the effect (like me)

I feel you buddy.. 

Edited by Ecologist, 19 February 2018 - 03:06 AM.

#50 mseifer

mseifer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:02 AM

^

they dont know how test the OCP items, 

they cant have volunteers to help to test the OCP items beforehand

( awhile back somebody made a drama about volunteer benefiting from knowing ocp items beforehand )

So we test it for them, but when the item is bugged. they say they cannot fix it, only KRO can. Well Done.

that being said fair enough nothing can be done since the team you hire isn't competent enough to test the OCP items.

31455.png this. i cannot comprehend why this is broken. 

you can test it beforehand, you can upload it to sakray. for people to test it

the items and effect is known to the public beforehand. no drama,

so either your team is not illiterate or they sleeping and playing with cats.

Maybe it would work releasing the box on Sakray, then testing by players if the staff dont have time/is lazy, but letting people pay real money to test some items its something not that far from a SCAM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users