1 reply to this topic

#1 PhattyDanny86

PhattyDanny86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Just wanted to see if we could get a discussion going on this. How is the pace of Re:Start's episode/updates progress?

I think how you feel about this really depends on which side you approach this from. On the one hand, some of us might find it a bit frustrating or limited in we are used to in what Renewal is now (indicated by the many topics asking about missing items, maps, monsters). So we keep waiting for the next update, and then the next. The pace might seem a bit slow.

However, for those that wanted to "experience the nostalgia" (taken from here), the update pace could be too fast. I'm not talking about the economy inflation (that's due to something else). It's only been about half a year since the server launched, and transcendent classes are already around the corner. It's quickly losing its distinction from Renewal.

I personally lean a bit more towards the second group. I'm more of a casual player (even more so nowadays), so it takes time for me to level, hunt, explore, and quest. But the updates come too fast. And I feel like Re:Start will catch up with Renewal before year's end, and it'll be merged or something. If that's the case, I feel like I might as well play on Renewal - I still have many classes to level, but with the added perks of some slightly better items and money. But I did get somewhat excited with the early announcements of Re:Start. I would do just about anything to relive the "good ol' days" of RO. Honestly, I feel it'd be better if we were all forced to really start fresh - remove Renewal and Classic, and just stick to one server. But I know that's not how everyone feels.

So, what are your thoughts? I'm not looking for a right or wrong - this is an opinionated discussion. And as always, I would love staff input.

Thanks.

#2 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

I also think the implementation pace is too fast, but we cant ignore the fact that we need more patches to keep people motivated to play.

It may be better if the GM update the game with smaller patches every week or two weeks.

Lets say, on march they are going to implement (Trans classes, Hugel, Abyss Lake and Ninja Class) all in 1 single patch

But a better way of implementation could be:

March:

Week 1: Hugel City
Week 2: Trans classes

Week 3: Abyss Lake
Week 4: Ninja Classes

April is Odin Temple but they can also divide it

Week 2: Odin shrine 01 and 02 maps

Week 4: Odin shrine 03 map 

May:

Week 1: Rachel City

Week 2: Ice Dungeon

Week 3: TKK

June:

Week 2 : Thanatos Tower

Week 3: Soul Linker

July:

Week 1: Thors Volcano

Week 2: TKM

This way they could even delay a bit more a few things, but keep the game with more stuff to do, with a reasonable amount of time for everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users