Process + results of the WoE2 time vote - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Process + results of the WoE2 time vote

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

Hi everyone! I’m Steph, the leader of SideQuest.

As many of you already know, or you can see here (edit in red), I have been put in charge of organising the vote to find a more suitable time for WoE2; this was the result of almost every guild leader on the roundtable Discord saying that the WP-proposed time wouldn’t work for their members. Campitor joined in our discussion and agreed to give us the opportunity to vote for a new time.

That’s the background info, now onto the actual process - I’m going to try laying this out in as much detail as possible so you can all follow along!

Step #1: Internal guild polling

We started off by having each guild figure out which times work best for their members; we mostly limited this to Friday through Sunday to make it easier for everyone to find good times - week days are a lot harder to find overlap for internationally, unfortunately.

We then had every guild present us with their most voted times, resulting in this (GG has since disbanded):

D727O5Y.png

(source: https://imgur.com/a/6GdQr)

Step #2: Guild leader vote

Next, we created a poll with all of these suggested times (shoutout to doodle.com) and gave every guild leader one vote, resulting in this:

https://doodle.com/poll/5435sbmhisy388fn

To make it more fair, considering the participating guilds all have varying amounts of members, we followed this up with a weighting system. Below you can see the guilds, their average amount of WoE-active members and what percentage of WoE those guilds make up (out of the ones listed):

ZMkD3Tj.png

As you can see, Sunday 11am-1pm PST ended up with a considerable majority.

Considering the gap between this time and the other two, this is the time we would ask WP to consider (ideally we wanted a 75% majority, but close enough).

Step #3: Potentially swapping the timeslots for WoE1 and WoE2

Since people asked for it, we ran a poll to put WoE2 at the current WoE1 time (Saturday 9-11am PST), which ended up with this result so far (unfortunately the leaders of both Valkyrie and Faction are the only ones not on the roundtable at the moment, so they’re harder to get a hold of):

V1vXuRv.png

Looks like a no to me /swt

Obviously our proposed time isn’t ideal for everyone - such a time simply doesn’t exist. Even with this time, a lot of the guilds who participated in the vote are losing out on members because of real life commitments, timezones, etc. It’s simply a matter of when everyone can get the most amount of people online. I don’t think anyone gets out of this clean, in all fairness, but our vote still works out better for all of us than the times set by WP.

Lastly, I’d like to thank all of the guilds mentioned above for helping out not just by voting in the poll, but for the general discussion around it and figuring out how best to do things - it’s been a hectic couple of days, lol! Special thanks go to Orion, who got all this rolling with his post about making it an actual vote, and who is also responsible for the weighting and voting result :)

All the participating guilds would like to thank WP for giving us the opportunity to let our voices be heard <3

Thanks for reading!

#2 Kashural

Kashural

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the work.

We (Master Matrix) didn't participate in the whole process, since we aren't playing WoE yet, but will in the (hopefully) close future.

As far as I know from our leader the 11-1 Timeslot for WoE 2 and the NO to swapping would have been our votes to (just saying, not that it matters ;))

So again, thank you for running after people and investing time and work into a very complicated and (as I guess) nervwrecking job  :thx:  :no1:

#3 kochanneo

kochanneo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

It's nice to know we can actually all work together if needed! Thanks for doing the organising, Steph and Orion! Pink.Martini approves this time.

#4 Ryuuz0

Ryuuz0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:20 AM

So that means 

WoE 1: Saturday 9-11am PST
WoE 2: Sunday   11am-1pm PST

Good times for the eu

Edited by Ryuuz0, 21 February 2018 - 10:20 AM.

#5 MyOhMyHouse

MyOhMyHouse

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:21 AM

Half of those guilds, don't even exist. New poll next week.

#6 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

Half of those guilds, don't even exist. New poll next week.

If you're talking about GG, they still existed during the first step.

We left their time suggestion in because their members are still there, they're just switching to different guilds.

Other than Faction and Valkyrie, all the guilds mentioned have someone on the roundtable Discord, so yes, they do exist.

Edited by Stephcake, 21 February 2018 - 10:47 AM.

#7 MyOhMyHouse

MyOhMyHouse

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:46 AM

If you're talking about GG, they still existed during the first step.

We left their time shggestion in because their members are still there, they're just switching to different guilds.

Other than Faction and Valkyrie, all the guilds mentioned have someone on the roundtable Discord, so yes, they do exist.

Was 10am-12am not an option?

Edited by MyOhMyHouse, 21 February 2018 - 10:47 AM.

#8 evotec

evotec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for all the work you put in to this!

#9 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:50 AM

Was 10am-12am not an option?

It was.

If you check the Doodle poll you'll see that only one guild voted for it.

#10 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Odin ReStart

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

Good job guys!

Proving even the most toxic of communities can come together to make sure Umizu isn't able to WoE!

#11 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

Thx for the work done. I like the time.

#12 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

Democracy in an online game. Who would have thought that it actually would work!

Gotta hand it the community sometimes.

#13 KoreanGod

KoreanGod

I am New.

• Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

Looks a lot more like every guild came together to make it not possible for snl to woe.

#14 AMFH

AMFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

Looks a lot more like every guild came together to make it not possible for snl to woe.

That feeling when you think your votes don’t matter in a democratic voting session. :(. But... i’m sure we will see you WoE anyways unless everyone in SNL is from one time zone.

I think they did a great job on collaboration with the community.

#15 KoreanGod

KoreanGod

I am New.

• Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, we will be castle farming with 5 members because we can't actually participate. 

Nice to see all the guilds that only want to sit in empty forts be able to vote on best time for them to not be dominated.

Hard to believe 9/10 guilds voted on the same time, with no other times being picked by most. 

Edited by KoreanGod, 21 February 2018 - 01:26 PM.

#16 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, we will be castle farming with 5 members because we can't actually participate.

Nice to see all the guilds that only want to sit in empty forts be able to vote on best time for them to not be dominated.

Hard to believe 9/10 guilds voted on the same time, with no other times being picked by most.

Any WoE guild was welcome to participate. If you didn't take that chance, there's really no one else to blame.

Edit, because I didn't see the part about voting for the same time before: I assume that happened because 11am fit into a lot of people's time range from the previous suggestions, so they just followed along to make it easier.

I can only attest for myself here, but my guildies said anything between 6am to 1pm start times worked for them, so I followed the other people who voted for 11am because it made no difference to us personally. I assume it went similarly for others that were ok with anything around that general time of day.

Edited by Stephcake, 21 February 2018 - 02:08 PM.

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

As I was saying, I'm pretty salty about the times because it means I have to quit the other server. So it's not just snl. 

#18 KoreanGod

KoreanGod

I am New.

• Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

As I was saying, I'm pretty salty about the times because it means I have to quit the other server. So it's not just snl. 

It shows you voted for that time ... o.o

#19 sinsa

sinsa

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

God forbid Americans need to play at an inconvenient time (such as Friday night/very early Sunday morning) when entire continents literally cannot play WoE2 because it’s on Monday morning.

Edited by sinsa, 21 February 2018 - 02:52 PM.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:54 PM

It shows you voted for that time ... o.o

Yeah, but even if I hadn't it wouldn't have mattered. I meant to vote for the 9-11am slot but I was sleep deprived and messed up converting time zones

#21 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

I never been fighting for myself I don't care what time it is. I am just speaking for those that do not have a voice.

#22 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:10 PM

I hunted down leaders of the current WoE guilds myself if they weren't already on the roundtable (and boy, was it easier if they were).

I got forum PMs with times from a few guild leaders that are on the roundtable but rarely get on Discord.

I didn't get a single message or see any forum posts asking if future WoE guilds could vote too. Not even a tentative question (And I dunno about the other people involved, but I see nothing wrong with including them - everything would still have been weighted by amount of WoE-active guild members, after all). If anyone else was truly interested in participating, surely they would have just asked if they could?

I do agree with you that it should have been announced ingame (because it wasn't), but our thinking was that any guild invested in the server and WoE would have at least one member reading the patch notes, if nothing else.

#23 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

I understand. I was just making a point that the vote is bias and identifying some of the problems that I see with it. I will stay out of it now. I think we understand each other.

#24 VModSoup

VModSoup

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 208 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

Please keep things on topic.

#25 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Odin ReStart

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

Totally as planned. Yup. Nailed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users