How to tackling inflation in market? - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to tackling inflation in market?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
227 replies to this topic

#101 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:No Server

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:12 AM

At least we both agree that it could be adding to the problem expressed in the OP.

#102 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:12 AM

[Poring] U guys still don't get it...

Inflation is caused by OCPs
People Quitting is caused by OCPs

[Poring]

yeah sure, mhmmmmm

#103 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:03 AM

What would be the other reasons?

#104 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:42 AM

Antonio Card

Most inflated item 2018

#105 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:14 PM

Antonio Card

Most inflated item 2018

Just ask for NTF card to be implemented. That darn Antonio must be killed for his card  :p_hi:

#106 diikhlaskan

diikhlaskan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia, Payon City

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:38 PM

paramarket please~

#107 thesifer

thesifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:46 PM

paramarket please~

Second this.

#108 MarfelpRO

MarfelpRO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

OCP's true intention is to wreck the game~ a lot are quitting due to some reasons that the game is heading to one click delete gameplay on WoE/PVP/PVM loL

#109 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:04 PM

OCP's true intention is to wreck the game~ a lot are quitting due to some reasons that the game is heading to one click delete gameplay on WoE/PVP/PVM loL

i see it as an equalizer lol. Previously the game is also one click delete, but only for certain class and the hyper rich. Now you can do it too on more classes. Those that already one click delete still do the same so no diff for them.

RO more of a casual game now, no need to be so serious. It’s about playing around with many characters and classes- and having fun with most of them. Don’t need to make so many gx and gene just to farm boringly

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 11 March 2018 - 07:05 PM.

#110 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2147 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:11 PM

imagine the game w/o OCP, 

will you be able to farm certain map, such as bio5 efficiently? 
Maybe? on that, you might need more party member. & will party member be available for you at any time?
when that happens your True ___ Cards how rare would they have been?
do you think your dear warpportal will update OCA/MCA at all?

OCP closes the gap between GODS/MVP cards and normal gear. it's an Alternative. not a must for you to have.
if you want it badly and cant gets it after spending a lot. that's ur Greed, learn to control that.

for example. Phreeoni Suit,

w/o that you might have to get the MVP card to farm Skyfortress / drop your DPS super low for HIT.
then again will there be sufficient MVP card to cater to all the buyer?
when the demand for such MVP card increase, there will be a thread
"inflation 3B MVP card becomes 10B" but it is an MVP card after all.
it's not going to have massive amount flowing in the game to cater to all.

people who quit cause of OCP today. that's pretty lame tbh.

*not even talking about what stuns WP will pull if they arn't getting revenue from in-game cashshop to support the game

Edited by bearl, 11 March 2018 - 08:13 PM.

#111 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

OCPs made players with OP items quit because they lost the advantages against players who have noob gears. I'm not even sorry lol

Without OCP, everyone would be playing Gen and GX. In fact most people still play Gen and GX. When people complain about class imbalances, they are always some people who would come out to defend their broken lasses. Then other classes are not really played often because they suck compared to Gen and GX in PvM. I mean people would play Sura and RK for WoE but why would they? People easily quit WoE, making WoE classes useless.

I say now we have OP gears for everyone, disable instances and put MvPs in WoE loots only. People hae been complaining game is too ez anyway  :heh:

#112 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:48 PM

thats so wrong, people not leaving because of ocp,  ocp only play little part 

things that happened before ocp,

dead pvp, dead woe, neglected requests, ignored reports about bot, about cheats, broken promises, lies.

people losing trust.

Oh even Vmod contributes too

by locking thread without solving the problem, people got butthurt from this as well 

not mention last time i said this thing, this forum account got temporary banned lol

Okay

sum it up, 

people leaving because WP let them to leave.

#113 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:51 PM

game is no longer challenging

equip ocp and one shot mvp

no wonder people quit

#114 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:01 PM

Pretty sure most people have already noticed, forums are pretty empty and there are only few regulars here and there. People surely got butt hurt for sure, in a legit way lol

#115 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

cause they are moving to that private server, Chak

saw so many iro people there

#116 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

game is no longer challenging

equip ocp and one shot mvp

no wonder people quit

uh, you can don't equip that ocp and get yourself the challenge you want, you know. The challenge is always still there for you to take it.I t was the same as last time, people will tell you why don't you go play a gene instead, say 2 years ago, when i played physical RK and explained so many times how weak they were, and was pushing for bio5 headgear update.

My IB only dealt 30-50k dmg and without frenzy, even my crit attacks were crap. I had hell a lot of fun with the class even then, but things were challenging as hell for me, while others had easy time with gene killing stuff and clearing malangdo/ET/HTF or a lot of zeny at those time. I remember MCA being 30-40M, and i had a lot of trouble killing faceworm queen for it, while my gene friends and gx friends with much much poorer equipment finished her in at least 2-3x speed faster than me. 

You imagine, for every 1 gene player, 5-7 new players didnt pick gene or GX, then they grinded their characters to high level to realise that their class can't do shiit - not even 1/4 the efficiency of gene or GX in instances at that point. Now their option was A: forget their class and make new gene to farm, B: grind on and forever stay poorer than the class whose farming efficiency is 10x higher, C: quit because they wasted time; they only wanted to play their favourite class and it was crap.

Now with OCP, most of the classes could do instances, even if their efficiency level still wasnt at gene/gx, its good enough to finish most stuff at reasonable times and efficiency that it doesn't matter. You can safely go train say a rebel or rk and not expect it to be crap that won't pay off. Its more fun and experience for everyone.

The only problem is that most of these are paid with cash, rather than game updates, as ways to balance. Maybe gravity isn't so incentivised to make new items if it doesnt earn money- who knows, but at some point it can't all be from cash shop. We need much more new content together with all these OCP to come, if the game is to live for many more years ahead, and to maintain or even further improve the class balance, partially done with OCP, when those new content come. 

Also, us IRO itself still have a lot of content that we havent receive from kRO that can make things even more fun.  Illusion dungeons, 16.2, my rune improvement, verus set, nightmare OGH and all that.

#117 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

cause they are moving to that private server, Chak
saw so many iro people there

Too old to start over. iRO is the last RO server and the last game I play hahaha

#118 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Also, us IRO itself still have a lot of content that we havent receive from kRO that can make things even more fun. Illusion dungeons, 16.2, my rune improvement, verus set, nightmare OGH and all that.

This guy got it right. Some people simply went on hiatus but some people did quit the game because they didn’t want to wait for years before new instances arrive. Game is supposed to be fun but this is rather frustrating lol

#119 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2147 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

Oh even Vmod contributes too

by locking thread without solving the problem, people got butthurt from this as well 

not mention last time i said this thing, this forum account got temporary banned lol

i got the idea a while back, that your feedbacks are not required in the eyes of VMod or even WP.
their sole purpose is to promote "peace" in the forum that's all.

[Poring]

VmodCinnamon:
If you have an issue with a Vmod handling either through a post or PM to report that to CM Astra. Posting that here is unacceptable nor helps.

Removed screenshot.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 11 March 2018 - 10:27 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed.

#120 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

this kind of peace? this feels like a ghost town  :heh:

#121 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:17 PM

my opinions straight;

for market inflation:

caused by the community's fondness and urgency to buy ocp's. intensified by greedy community members insane pricing

i blame the ro community

for quitting:

• WP's late response to issues
  • RO community members causing drama in some sectors of this game. seriously, ive heard a lot more people say they hate the people left as a quitting excuse more than anything
  • OCP's innate opness that has been distasteful. something similar to getting renewal I believe, in the old days people said it would suck because class role system and balance was tampered with

primarily for me, it is everyone's fault. there is no pointing fingers on this one as it is a group effort

note:

• ocp's are here because of contractual obligations. i count that as an inevitable thing because even if i was in the company's shoes, it would be bad
  • also don't give answers dabbling with humans being innate this and that. i'd only respond with inclined human morals and how categorized inhumane practices is capable of destroying almost 90% of this game's aspect

edit: removed some dots for consistency purposes. put some stuff in bullet form so it's less irritating to look at

Edited by DarkOrinus, 11 March 2018 - 11:15 PM.

#122 RendAndTear

RendAndTear

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:20 PM

Chaos is dying and everyone is to blame.

Edited by RendAndTear, 11 March 2018 - 10:20 PM.

#123 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

Good way to prove his/her point Cinnamon.

I think we need a forum subscription that protects us from unacceptable moderating. This would make some of us happy that are not causing drama but trying to express our self in the way we want to. There was nothing wrong with his/her post. He/She was just stating facts.

#124 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:01 PM

Good way to prove his/her point Cinnamon.

I think we need a forum subscription that protects us from unacceptable moderating. This would make some of us happy that are not causing drama but trying to express our self in the way we want to. There was nothing wrong with his/her post. He/She was just stating facts.

Greetings,

For issues with handling it is best to PM the staff directly. Generally, posting snapshots from a PM or another topic/locked/removed is an unacceptable act as it may get interpreted in different ways. This may also fall under callout which is not allowed. The handling is between that user and the vmod in question, if there is an issue, the user can always "Report" the PM.

Being said, this topic is about handling inflation in market, discussing posts moderation here is not suitable. I'd kindly advice to stay on topic. Thank you.

#125 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:51 AM

Don’t need to make so many gx and gene just to farm boringly

Buddy, you're not even playing the game... You're buying the game... Hahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users