How to tackling inflation in market? - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to tackling inflation in market?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
227 replies to this topic

#176 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:08 AM

^reminds me of newly opened Thor prices. Thor's market is inflating gradually too.

BRING IN THE IMPROVEMENT QOL UPDATES!!! 

#177 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:08 AM

^ all that safe cert probably comes from queen scaraba

current drop rate + HEgum getting 4 safe certs per queen scaraba isn't even hard.

if he likes to manipulate the price, then go and destroy his source of income, see who has the last laugh

#178 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:13 AM

When Demand meets Supply, it is not a manipulation though and I doubt anyone would go destroy the source of income for game. That must be sad lol

#179 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:14 AM

^ all that safe cert probably comes from queen scaraba

current drop rate + HEgum getting 4 safe certs per queen scaraba isn't even hard.

if he likes to manipulate the price, then go and destroy his source of income, see who has the last laugh

She drops 3 so 6 certs, but on average 4 certs isnt that bad. 

I wanna say valk shields from ET but then I had multiple runs that end up with zero shields so... 

Zenies are just being transferred from rich/zeny hoarding players to more low-mid end wpe sellers, so you can say the circulating zeny in Chaos has definitely increased.

#180 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:44 AM

One way to get rid of inflation, is to destroy the old country (server), and create a new one (free from tyranny?).

#181 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:36 AM

One way to get rid of inflation, is to destroy the old country (server), and create a new one (free from tyranny?).

its called RE:START, aka bot paradise

#182 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:23 AM

Is the total zeny amount on Chaos normal? Or, just people quit and RMT zeny, and all the zeny are conversing to active players?

Recent inflation is insane.

Yep.

People quitting and dumping their hoarded zeny to other players via RMT + less supply of end-game gears = massive inflation

It's probably gotten to a point where fresh zeny from bots selling to npc have been insignificant compared to quitting players dumping all their zeny into circulation. Pretty sure that even if you totally remove all bots, prices will still be inflated.

Edited by mikkotinamide, 05 April 2018 - 07:24 AM.

#183 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:12 AM

Is it really impossible for WP to stop quitting veterans from RMTing their zeny to other ppls especially newbies? I have noticed that usually they would sell off their items for as much zeny as they can get, once they have no item and only zeny left, they RMT the zeny to buyers. I think it won’t be too hard for WP to monitor these ‘RMT vulnerable’ accounts, it should be pretty obvious if they suddenly lose multi-billion zeny to other ppls. What already happened, happened, but at least they can start to act now and put this hyper inflation to stop.

#184 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

Yay 3 weeks. Have time for the payday . Upcoming OP inflated safe to 7 certs price awaits LOL

#185 RavenForsaken

RavenForsaken

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

Is it really impossible for WP to stop quitting veterans from RMTing their zeny to other ppls especially newbies? I have noticed that usually they would sell off their items for as much zeny as they can get, once they have no item and only zeny left, they RMT the zeny to buyers. I think it won’t be too hard for WP to monitor these ‘RMT vulnerable’ accounts, it should be pretty obvious if they suddenly lose multi-billion zeny to other ppls. What already happened, happened, but at least they can start to act now and put this hyper inflation to stop.

I am a noob seeking knowledge. What is RMT?

#186 HaziqKulim

HaziqKulim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationDragonBallSuper

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

I am a noob seeking knowledge. What is RMT?

Real Money Trade.. Selling Zeny For Real Money

#187 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

it'd be funny if safe cert prices stay at 50m each when the event ends

384871347756728321.png?v=1

#188 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:01 AM

20s7ko6.jpg

#189 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

:rice:  :rice:  :rice:  :rice:  :rice:

#190 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

They are blind to the true. This doesnt happen at WP eyes.

#191 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:21 AM

They are blind to the true. This doesnt happen at WP eyes.

I bet you all the ever see from us are complaints. Well we have the right to complain. The people who complain are usually those who cares. There are tons of games out there for them to play. Why else would they spend their energy trying to get the staff's attention? Maybe it's because they want their beloved nostalgic game to to thrive? Maybe they have already invested too much time and energy into this game to see it failed? Whatever the reason is. I don't blame them because the staff already managed to let WoE and PVP die nasty. The game's economy is headed that way as well and if they don't do something about it soon it too will die nasty. I hope they go back and read what the hardcore fans and veterans have said and try to find ways to prevent it from happening before it is too late.

#192 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:26 AM

time to camp queen scaraba  :rice:

#193 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:33 AM

time to camp queen scaraba  :rice:

Use Shadow Chaser :v

#194 RavenForsaken

RavenForsaken

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:44 AM

Real Money Trade.. Selling Zeny For Real Money

Thank you :thx:

#195 RavenForsaken

RavenForsaken

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:46 AM

ooh, I'm gonna try my new Feint Bomb Build on this. I'll probably Die to :rice:

#196 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

I have no high lvl SC  :sob:

ooh, I'm gonna try my new Feint Bomb Build on this. I'll probably Die to :rice:

:heh:

#197 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

I bet you all the ever see from us are complaints. Well we have the right to complain. The people who complain are usually those who cares. There are tons of games out there for them to play. Why else would they spend their energy trying to get the staff's attention? Maybe it's because they want their beloved nostalgic game to to thrive? Maybe they have already invested too much time and energy into this game to see it failed? Whatever the reason is. I don't blame them because the staff already managed to let WoE and PVP die nasty. The game's economy is headed that way as well and if they don't do something about it soon it too will die nasty. I hope they go back and read what the hardcore fans and veterans have said and try to find ways to prevent it from happening before it is too late.

I always complain when see something wrong, or something to improve, I try to give my attention and time to post importan things sometimes. I made post about woe and asking for a schedule to bring it back, asked too about survivor set to be fixed, asked for a better bot detection process and reduction on ETAs for actions, I request too before the uniform cooldown was wiped out, and many other things. I know what ya talking about bro.

InTopic: I have request the reduction in cooldown for Token of Siegfried, but seems like no one from the staff care.

#198 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

Keep in mind that like any economy, the governing body (in this case, WP) can only do so much by dictating policies from their level.

As long as the consumer base (i.e. the players) are willing to pay outlandish amounts of Zeny for items, people will continue to sell said items for those prices. If the consumer base stops buying at those high prices, then the prices will have to come down if the seller wants to get the Zeny for their items. Obviously it isn't easy to convince an entire population of consumers to stop paying ridiculous amounts for items that everyone complains are overpriced, but that's the only true fix for the price inflation.

I try and do my part when I vend items to keep the prices reasonable, but I do it because I sell things to get them out of my inventory. If I set the price too high, I am stuck holding the item when what I really want is the free space. But I am only one person, so I can't move an entire economy by myself. To really make a difference, we all have to help each other. Working together as a population, we could actually accomplish something.

#199 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:24 AM

Someone understand the basic economics. One does not sorely manipulate the whole economy. Not only WPE price will keep increasing as long as there are buyers, but all other items such as Certs or any items in demand will keep going up as long as there are buyers #Capitalism 

#200 peepeepee

peepeepee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:57 AM

Someone understand the basic economics. One does not sorely manipulate the whole economy. Not only WPE price will keep increasing as long as there are buyers, but all other items such as Certs or any items in demand will keep going up as long as there are buyers #Capitalism 

I don't think you can possibly understand economics if you're under the delusion that a free market is Capitalism. Everyone has the power to buy WPE and sell it at whatever price they wish to. It's not a privilege limited to a private few and there is no intervention for the exchange rate by anyone controlling the game.

Edited by peepeepee, 05 April 2018 - 12:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users