How to tackling inflation in market? - Page 9 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to tackling inflation in market?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
227 replies to this topic

#201 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

Someone understand the basic economics. One does not sorely manipulate the whole economy. Not only WPE price will keep increasing as long as there are buyers, but all other items such as Certs or any items in demand will keep going up as long as there are buyers #Capitalism 

Exactly! The only way for prices to really fall is for either the buyers to stop spending the ridiculous amount of money for the items, or for the items to saturate the market. Since saturation is unlikely for truly rare items, the buyers are going to need to band together and stop paying if they want to have the prices come down.

Simple supply and demand mechanics. :waddle:

#202 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:14 PM

I don't think you can possibly understand economics if you're under the delusion that a free market is Capitalism. Everyone has the power to buy and sell WPE at whatever price they wish to. It's not a privilege limited to a private few and there is no intervention for the exchange rate by anyone controlling the game.

Then I guess either you or I have wrong definition of Capitalism then because I think everyone wants to max. their own profits through their operations in this competitive free markets  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

#203 roromi

roromi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

I don't think you can possibly understand economics if you're under the delusion that a free market is Capitalism. Everyone has the power to buy WPE and sell it at whatever price they wish to. It's not a privilege limited to a private few and there is no intervention for the exchange rate by anyone controlling the game.

Exactly!

#204 Xejso

Xejso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:37 PM

Keep in mind that like any economy, the governing body (in this case, WP) can only do so much by dictating policies from their level.

As long as the consumer base (i.e. the players) are willing to pay outlandish amounts of Zeny for items, people will continue to sell said items for those prices. If the consumer base stops buying at those high prices, then the prices will have to come down if the seller wants to get the Zeny for their items. Obviously it isn't easy to convince an entire population of consumers to stop paying ridiculous amounts for items that everyone complains are overpriced, but that's the only true fix for the price inflation.

I try and do my part when I vend items to keep the prices reasonable, but I do it because I sell things to get them out of my inventory. If I set the price too high, I am stuck holding the item when what I really want is the free space. But I am only one person, so I can't move an entire economy by myself. To really make a difference, we all have to help each other. Working together as a population, we could actually accomplish something.

Except Warpportal plays a huge role in creating demand for WPE and Certs(the things being inflated) by adding OCP and refine events once a month

#205 peepeepee

peepeepee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:53 PM

Then I guess either you or I have wrong definition of Capitalism then because I think everyone wants to max. their own profits through their operations in this competitive free markets  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

Everyone wanting to maximize their profits is the embodiment of every economic system. Look up what Capitalism is before spewing nonsense. 

#206 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:54 PM

Everyone wanting to maximize their profits is the embodiment of every economic system. Look up what Capitalism is before spewing nonsense. 

Ok lmfao :v

#207 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

This inflation reaching new limits. 

<Boop>

Edited by VModMango, 05 April 2018 - 02:24 PM.
please don not post images that can potentially identify other players in a bad way

#208 NameChange28947

NameChange28947

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

When they replace your cool name to NameChangeSAdadsada. Even the CMs are abusing me  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

#209 ohLawliet

ohLawliet

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:15 PM

Keep in mind that like any economy, the governing body (in this case, WP) can only do so much by dictating policies from their level.

As long as the consumer base (i.e. the players) are willing to pay outlandish amounts of Zeny for items, people will continue to sell said items for those prices. If the consumer base stops buying at those high prices, then the prices will have to come down if the seller wants to get the Zeny for their items. Obviously it isn't easy to convince an entire population of consumers to stop paying ridiculous amounts for items that everyone complains are overpriced, but that's the only true fix for the price inflation.

I try and do my part when I vend items to keep the prices reasonable, but I do it because I sell things to get them out of my inventory. If I set the price too high, I am stuck holding the item when what I really want is the free space. But I am only one person, so I can't move an entire economy by myself. To really make a difference, we all have to help each other. Working together as a population, we could actually accomplish something.

Someone understand the basic economics. One does not sorely manipulate the whole economy. Not only WPE price will keep increasing as long as there are buyers, but all other items such as Certs or any items in demand will keep going up as long as there are buyers #Capitalism 

As long as there's ragial, most of us (beginners) dont have much of a choice, either we buy for that (insane) price or we stay unequipped. I recommend we start using more the forum's market, in here, we have better chance of finding reasonable prices. But still, right now there's players trying to sell 1k WPE for 600m (what is he thinking?). I do think WP can do better and try to help stabilize the market, 'cause in nearly 2 months Costume: full moon double its price, liberation set too.. +9 FDA pratically tripled. How newcommers will mvp without those equips? we have old players enjoying full game, and newcommers having to "pay to win". I started the game in december last year, i spent almost 2 thousand and still dont have even 1 character full equips. I have given up spending my money here, from now on, i'll get my vip and thats it. Level up, maybe get 175 (although this new spotlight is not helping), and try to mvp those weak one's.. phreeoni, turtle general, garm.

Hopefully one day i may get one card, which will help me buy my things, but until then, who know's how much will those items cost?

WP, you guys should really look into to this. Im just a noob, but i speak for most of your players, this is getting out of hand. Cya o/

#210 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

As long as there's ragial, most of us (beginners) dont have much of a choice, either we buy for that (insane) price or we stay unequipped. I recommend we start using more the forum's market, in here, we have better chance of finding reasonable prices. But still, right now there's players trying to sell 1k WPE for 600m (what is he thinking?). I do think WP can do better and try to help stabilize the market, 'cause in nearly 2 months Costume: full moon double its price, liberation set too.. +9 FDA pratically tripled. How newcommers will mvp without those equips? we have old players enjoying full game, and newcommers having to "pay to win". I started the game in december last year, i spent almost 2 thousand and still dont have even 1 character full equips. I have given up spending my money here, from now on, i'll get my vip and thats it. Level up, maybe get 175 (although this new spotlight is not helping), and try to mvp those weak one's.. phreeoni, turtle general, garm.

Hopefully one day i may get one card, which will help me buy my things, but until then, who know's how much will those items cost?

WP, you guys should really look into to this. Im just a noob, but i speak for most of your players, this is getting out of hand. Cya o/

I put my RG there (not even an alt) in Eden selling WPE 1k for 600m then I went out to do my things. 2 hours passed and I came back, I got 2 buyers at 600m/k rate. One of them wanted 5k WPE. If you dont believe me, go try selling some. As I stated, as long as there is a demand, price will go up. You can prove this wrong if you have few certs in your storage, try selling it at 20m now instead of 30m (market price that will guarantee to sell), it will be sold out in less than a minute. Currently, I cant even blame Certs sellers.

Also I dont think WP can do anything much at this point. WPE price can definitely go down as someone wise already stated. Either everyone stop buying it at this insane price and price will drop while +9 items might become more expensive as WPE sellers channel their WPEs to upgrade their gears directly or more players start supporting the game by buying WPEs to VIP themselves or try their luck with OCPs and instantly get billions of zeny.

After all, this is just a game. Spend money if you are happy with current game state. Dont spend money if you're unhappy with the game. Play it seriously to make zeny if you are hardcore. Play it casually for laughs if you are easy going. You can decide this.

#211 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

Talking about ro economy, since zeny lost its value, new players must rely (more) on wpe as source of income in rune midgard.

But Warp Portal, have you ever considered the currency exchange effect and market inflation for players from 3rd world?

If you (WP) do nothing regarding market inflation, and if you keep adding more salt on the wound (like "taking part" in jacking up the price of FAW in the market from boxes since last week), you might lose player base on 3rd world country, since this game is too expensive.

#212 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:44 PM

if you're under the delusion that a free market is Capitalism. 

.... Capitalism is literally free market exchange, private property and limited government involvement. :feelsreallyreallytastyman:

#213 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:57 PM

If you worked at WP, do you honestly feel motivated to help the game community when all they do is tell you how ineffectual you are and downright criticise you if you even so much as alleviate abit of the problem because it will just flare up about why fix one thing and not everything else.

No, this player community deserves to die.

True

#214 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

I started the game in december last year, i spent almost 2 thousand and still dont have even 1 character full equips.

Please tell us what currency is it for your 2 thousand, yo caught my attention, spent 2 thousand and still no full gears, unless you are talking about GTB Card or Kiel?

I really don’t understand why 600m for 1k WPE is bad for newcomer and third world country players. 600m can get you a basic leech gears (I am GX) to start the game with, compared to 300m for 1k WPE, can just barely get a +9 RWH? This just made the entry barrier easier for new player.

#215 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:13 PM

Please tell us what currency is it for your 2 thousand, yo caught my attention, spent 2 thousand and still no full gears, unless you are talking about GTB Card or Kiel?

I really don’t understand why 600m for 1k WPE is bad for newcomer and third world country players. 600m can get you a basic leech gears (I am GX) to start the game with, compared to 300m for 1k WPE, can just barely get a +9 RWH? This just made the entry barrier easier for new player.

The problem is that equipment prices go up as well, soon +9 RWH (since refining prices are correlated to wpe prices) will be 600m as well in the end overall zeny value went down anyway, just look at current enriched boxes prices, its not like event refinement chances have been increased, so they'll have to make up for the extra expenses to refine stuff. There are wide implications to this kind of stuff, just because you can sell it for 600 instead of 300 it doesn't means it's worth more or the same as 300.

#216 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

Ye, you maybe right, but instead of inflation like what people keep on saying, I prefer the term seasonal variation, when the event goes off and and cert price will eventually goes down (maybe due to future batch of OCP or whatever reason) and it might not impact all gears the same way, as some are more popular than others.

Next important is, Campitor, can I request to have a more updated installer hanging on the playragnarok.com for game download instead of the 2016 version?

The current one download installer which is about 2GB in size and gonna patch for 2 more years to 2018; and, some of the patches are just too big and easily be interrupted half way downloading and this will cause some game error when restarting patch and it takes too long time and troublesome to download the game when I crashed my patcher...

#217 Xejso

Xejso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

Ye, you maybe right, but instead of inflation like what people keep on saying, I prefer the term seasonal variation, when the event goes off and and cert price will eventually goes down (maybe due to future batch of OCP or whatever reason) and it might not impact all gears the same way, as some are more popular than others.

Next important is, Campitor, can I request to have a more updated installer hanging on the playragnarok.com for game download instead of the 2016 version?

The current one download installer which is about 2GB in size and gonna patch for 2 more years to 2018; and, some of the patches are just too big and easily be interrupted half way downloading and this will cause some game error when restarting patch and it takes too long time and troublesome to download the game when I crashed my patcher...

This impacts pretty much all relevant gears for GX, +9 HBP and +9 RWH[1] making it harder for f2p players to get these items.This doesn't affect me now because I been established for quite a bit of years now, but this hurts any free to play players hoping to join the server without spending money. I know many people like to try f2p games with the intent of not having to spend money to advance if they can help it, this only puts those people off from the game; and they have many other choices to choose from these days.

#218 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

Something worth being noted

Things that are not in demand will not go up as much as WPE price. Things such as +20 food, Seagods, Cursed Frags, etc. I promise I will try to be as accurate as possible, I used to sell WPE for 150m and back then Seagod was 3m. That means $10 could buy only 50 Seagods. Now $10 is 500m and Seagod is 4.5m, then you can get 111 Seagods. Take another example, Siroma (+20 Dex), it used to be 180k back when WPE was 150m, then $10 = 833 Siromas. Now $10 can get you 1851 Siromas (270k each)

Things that are in demand will go up as much as WPE price. Things such as Certs and BiS meta gears. Again, as precisely as possible, WPE was 150m and Body cert was 9m (lowest as I remember), that means $10 = 16 Certs. Now with 500m and Body cert is 25m, t hen $10 = 20 Certs.

WPE prices are increasing due to lack of supply. Other items prices increasing due to the sense of losing utility and players are trying to catch up with WPE new prices. Unfortunately, in-game items will never be as inflated as WPE prices. This is working as intended.

With, say 500m/k (reasonable price, 600m is OP), if newbies dont aim for the best of the best gears that are in demand and are most likely will be inflated as much as WPE price, then I think it is newbies' fault for aiming too high?

Edited by ChakriGuard, 05 April 2018 - 06:12 PM.

#219 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:11 PM

Uh.....but what you dictated was capitalism.

#220 ZELim1

ZELim1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:10 PM

Safe Cert Box 300KP each with 15 random safe to 7 certs inside

#221 peepeepee

peepeepee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:32 AM

Uh.....but what you dictated was capitalism.

Maybe you misunderstood? I -dictated- how it's a free market. ie. players having the freedom to set their own prices without a governing body interfering.

#222 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:45 AM

Blame the community? Blame the whole gaming industry for micro-transactions. I don't think people realize how much improvement there was year to year in gaming before micro-transactions started.

#223 Xejso

Xejso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:44 AM

Something worth being noted

Things that are not in demand will not go up as much as WPE price. Things such as +20 food, Seagods, Cursed Frags, etc. I promise I will try to be as accurate as possible, I used to sell WPE for 150m and back then Seagod was 3m. That means $10 could buy only 50 Seagods. Now $10 is 500m and Seagod is 4.5m, then you can get 111 Seagods. Take another example, Siroma (+20 Dex), it used to be 180k back when WPE was 150m, then $10 = 833 Siromas. Now $10 can get you 1851 Siromas (270k each)

Things that are in demand will go up as much as WPE price. Things such as Certs and BiS meta gears. Again, as precisely as possible, WPE was 150m and Body cert was 9m (lowest as I remember), that means $10 = 16 Certs. Now with 500m and Body cert is 25m, t hen $10 = 20 Certs.

WPE prices are increasing due to lack of supply. Other items prices increasing due to the sense of losing utility and players are trying to catch up with WPE new prices. Unfortunately, in-game items will never be as inflated as WPE prices. This is working as intended.

With, say 500m/k (reasonable price, 600m is OP), if newbies dont aim for the best of the best gears that are in demand and are most likely will be inflated as much as WPE price, then I think it is newbies' fault for aiming too high?

All the things you mentioned come from instances, woe investment, and bio5. Those cannot rise in price because the cost of getting them is not much and they can be farmed in the 100 thousands. Which is the point everyone is trying to make with inflation being a bad thing. With all the good/relevant items being from the cash shop and also refining ores, there is now a huge wall f2p players have to climb just to get those items.

since all the items earned in game are not going to be enough to get them to a decent point. Since everything cash shop related costs more and they earn the same 

Everything rising is cash shop related, and Certs are rising because of demand(event/Abyss Dress/Other OCPs/Lack of Safe 7 Boxes in OCPs)

Edited by Xejso, 06 April 2018 - 06:54 AM.

#224 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:52 AM

And who still buy and use seagods nowadays? Lol

#225 Alddayr

Alddayr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationYou guess

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:07 AM

I think some of you people simply don't know what inflation means. This is not a "seasonal thing", it's a direct consequence of what's happening here.

This game has been creating NEW money with NPC's for years at a rate that traditional methods to balance the economy can't work.

There's a lot of money, and it's not going anywhere, instead there's just more of it day after day. We need zeny sinks; some kind of NPC or system to DESTROY zeny in exchange for something players might want.

This is a major problem for economies, and if that's not obvious for some of you people you can look it up.

Edited by Alddayr, 07 April 2018 - 09:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users